ImageImageImage

Tatum and Brown, as 1-2 Options

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Re: Tatum and Brown 

Post#681 » by Feed Your Head » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:56 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Just super funny to me, given how so many declare him media hype. Happy the players gave him the respect he deserves.

Him, Butler, and Bam should both be the biggest locks for reserves IMO. Agree about players giving him the respect, they watch him bust his ass on both sides of the ball. Pop said he can count on one hand how many legit two way wings there are, and that Tatum is one of them.

Agreed. Makes no sense how Siakam is a lock when Tatum is fringe when theyre virtually identical per 36. But media hypes the hell out of Siakam...

A small part of me wants to break the newfound peace between us and Raptor fans and say that Tatum has been his equal this year. They are also trending in opposite directions, Siakam has gotten worse each month while Tatum has gotten better each month.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,402

Post#682 » by K For Three » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:01 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Just super funny to me, given how so many declare him media hype. Happy the players gave him the respect he deserves.

Him, Butler, and Bam should both be the biggest locks for reserves IMO. Agree about players giving him the respect, they watch him bust his ass on both sides of the ball. Pop said he can count on one hand how many legit two way wings there are, and that Tatum is one of them.

Agreed. Makes no sense how Siakam is a lock when Tatum is fringe when theyre virtually identical per 36. But media hypes the hell out of Siakam...

Media really wants Siakam to be a star. I think what happened also is they often single out one guy to give the most credit to for success, especially if that roster had player turnover.

With the Raps they are crediting Siakam the most after Kawhi leaving.

With the Celtics they are giving the most credit to Kemba not just for on the court play but also general leadership/likability due to him being a polar opposite of Irving.

I think Tatum has been improving a lot though and hopefully he can get in as a reserve. Lowry deserves to get in too since he has been the one constant on that Raptors team for years now.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#683 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:05 am

The Comedian wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

A small part of me wants to break the newfound peace between us and Raptor fans and say that Tatum has been his equal this year. They are also trending in opposite directions, Siakam has gotten worse each month while Tatum has gotten better each month.

The thing is, Siakam is a lock. I just dont get why Tatum is treated as an inefficient chucker when theyre functionally the same in that regard.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#684 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:07 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

The thing is, Siakam is a lock. I just dont get why Tatum is treated as an inefficient chucker when theyre functionally the same in that regard.

Also, lets keep the peace. Theyve been going in on BKN too and I enjoy being friendly with them.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#685 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:08 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

They loved him after his rookie year, hate him after his 2nd year and they’ll love him again after this season- it’s just the nature of the beast. most media don’t watch him as much as we do to know how much he’s adjusted his game and most still think he’s all mid range.

He’s gonna have a great 2nd half and a great post season run and they’ll love him again. It’s undeniable his talent and the cream always rises to the top.
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#686 » by Feed Your Head » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:10 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Tatum has had a really hard time shaking the perception people had of him in college. Hollinger called him a wing version of Spencer Dinwiddie yesterday, Nate Duncan was still calling him a bad defender as of a month ago lol.

It's silly. I'm glad the players know what's up, the coaches too i assume.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#687 » by K For Three » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:11 am

The Comedian wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

Tatum has had a really hard time shaking the perception people had of him in college. Hollinger called him a wing version of Spencer Dinwiddie yesterday, Nate Duncan was still calling him a bad defender as of a month ago lol.

:o
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#688 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:11 am

The Comedian wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

**** Lowe said that Brown and Tatum are just finishers, which is pretty mind blowing too. I just dont get it.
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#689 » by Feed Your Head » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:15 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

Also, lets keep the peace. Theyve been going in on BKN too and I enjoy being friendly with them.

I'm not knocking Siakam, I've been very vocal about how good i think he is, definitely is a top 15 player. Raptor fans are awesome for the most part, was just messing around lol.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#690 » by K For Three » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:16 am

At least Siakam seems like a pretty cool dude. I really have nothing against that roster, maybe just when Lowry flops so hard lol.
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#691 » by Feed Your Head » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:21 am

Kemba For Three wrote:At least Siakam seems like a pretty cool dude. I really have nothing against that roster, maybe just when Lowry flops so hard lol.

Raptors play my favorite brand of basketball in the entire league, they fly around on both sides of the court.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#692 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:23 am

The Comedian wrote:
Kemba For Three wrote:At least Siakam seems like a pretty cool dude. I really have nothing against that roster, maybe just when Lowry flops so hard lol.

Raptors play my favorite brand of basketball in the entire league, they fly around on both sides of the court.

Nurse is a real good coach too.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#693 » by K For Three » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:23 am

The Comedian wrote:

Yeah it sucks since they are such tough competition but they are such a fun team to watch. And Nurse is really good.
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#694 » by Feed Your Head » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:25 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

Nurse is a real good coach too.

Kemba For Three wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

Yeah it sucks since they are such tough competition but they are such a fun team to watch. And Nurse is really good.

Can make a legitimate argument that he's the best coach in the east. I think him and Brad are pretty close, but i won't argue with anyone who says Nurse is better
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,703

Post#695 » by Tatumfor2 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:45 am

I prefer Brad's lack of emotion vs. Nurse's overreaction to every play, but you can't argue with results.
Win it for Al!!! :pray:
Paul_Stepback
Sophomore
And1: 155

Post#696 » by Paul_Stepback » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:04 am

Anyone else saw Shaq saying he was telling Jaylen he needs to be a bit more selfish??? :roll:
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#697 » by ddb » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:14 pm

this will be the last season Siakam is considered the better player over Tatum. Tatum is 4 years younger and already on par.
TommyPointGawd
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,817

Post#698 » by TommyPointGawd » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:21 am

The Comedian wrote:
3D Chess wrote:Zach Lowe put Brown over Tatum in his all-star team, and stated they are equals on defense. Zach, wtf?

Don't want to accuse him of not watching the games, but, maybe he isn't watching the games? He has basically defaulted to Brown having a better TS% than Tatum as the sole reason for picking him.

Maybe after December i could have seen Jaylen having a case over Tatum, though i still would have picked Tatum. But now? Pretty clear who deserves it IMO. But i may get accused of being a Tatum fanboy, when in reality I'm just a fanboy for winning players.

Are you saying Brown is NOT a winning player?
I apologize for the things I have said in the past. :cry:
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,262

Post#699 » by TheMartian » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:21 am

Throwback pic circa 2014

zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,889

Post#700 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:58 am

This is interesting to me.

Kemba, Tatum, and Hayward ON the floor; Jaylen OFF the floor:

Kemba, Tatum, and Brown ON the floor; Hayward OFF the floor:

They're about the same offensively but defensively the trio with Gordon has been way better.

Return to Boston Celtics