ImageImageImage

Kyrie Irving Goodbye Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,674

Re: Kyrie Irving Thread, Part 2 -- Is he Green, or is he Gone? 

Post#21 » by The Corey's » Sun Jun 9, 2019 1:03 am

Who cares at this point
tfribs45
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,015

Post#22 » by tfribs45 » Sun Jun 9, 2019 1:08 am

He’s been gone since the comments “ talk to me in July”. Tired of his act and toxic ways. Bye Felicia!
hondobird
Sophomore
And1: 84

Post#23 » by hondobird » Sun Jun 9, 2019 2:14 am

don't let the door hit you on your way out

hope you can handle George Hill next time you match up

good riddance
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,085

Post#24 » by fallguy » Sun Jun 9, 2019 2:44 am

30 days from now we'll be done with this nonsense.
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,661

Post#25 » by oldshoolballer » Sun Jun 9, 2019 4:45 am

Irving's shenanigans have exhausted Celtics fans I think most fans don't care what he does anymore.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#26 » by FlatearthZorro » Sun Jun 9, 2019 5:02 pm

I thought for a moment this thread for the truth leaving this board for the Raptors in FA(cause this board is racist from what I heard :lol: ). Has he made his decision or do we have to wait until the end of June?

On a serious note tho, I dunno, Irving is just such a weird cat, I dunno but after listening to Danny and a few podcasts it does feel like he's leaning towards leaving and joining the Nets I guess. I dunno how it will be better with the Nets, unless Durant is there, too, but who knowss...
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#27 » by FlatearthZorro » Sun Jun 9, 2019 5:03 pm

fallguy wrote:30 days from now we'll be done with this nonsense.

Imo, less than 30. more like 3 weeks.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
BlameTheRefs
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#28 » by BlameTheRefs » Sun Jun 9, 2019 7:33 pm

I hope he’s gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WeLikeOurGuys
General Manager
And1: 7,199

Post#29 » by WeLikeOurGuys » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:41 am

Not for nothing but he’s still using green font on his Instagram lol
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,883

Post#30 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:33 am

R9ndo wrote:Not for nothing but he’s still using green font on his Instagram lol

But then he liked his sister's IG post with the caption, "learned to walk away from things that no longer serve me". Just having fun with it. :lol:
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Post#31 » by djFan71 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:05 am

DLo's cap hold is only $21M - less than his max. Renouncing/non-guaranteeing everyone but him, Nets have ~$47M in cap.

If you S&T Kyrie for Dinwiddie, Harris, they have just enough room for another 7-9 year max of $32.7. Middleton or Vuc fit easily. Or not a full max for Tobias\Butler. Then they sign DLo. I kinda hate this team, but if they're into it...

Kyrie, DLo, Middleton, Kurucs, Allen
LeVert, Musa, pick

Then trade Smart/Tatum/Williams/Yabu/picks for AD:

Rozier, Brown, Hayward, AD, Baynes
Dinwiddie, Harris, Semi, Horford
FA
Picks.

You could also take LeVert & #27 back and they'd be super close to full 10 year max. But, I thought that might be a tad unrealistic... 8-)

Kyrie, DLo, Kurucs, KD, Allen
Musa, Pinson
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#32 » by jirrit » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:01 pm

Now let's keep this drama free and just talk some ball.

He's gone though. lol
BigTrade92
General Manager
And1: 10,685

Post#33 » by BigTrade92 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:26 pm

The guy is odd no doubt, but he's a clear #2 star. People in here are getting emotional because he had a bad playoff series and said some stuff.

You lose Kyrie, you lose him for nothing and you can kiss goodbye any new banners being raised anytime soon. Definitely not something any Celtics fan should be rooting for.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,460

Post#34 » by Jaqua92 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:32 pm

BigTrade92 wrote:The guy is odd no doubt, but he's a clear #2 star. People in here are getting emotional because he had a bad playoff series and said some stuff.

You lose Kyrie, you lose him for nothing and you can kiss goodbye any new banners being raised anytime soon. Definitely not something any Celtics fan should be rooting for.
Nah, it's too personal lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
celtics543
Analyst
And1: 3,078

Post#35 » by celtics543 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:25 pm

BigTrade92 wrote:The guy is odd no doubt, but he's a clear #2 star. People in here are getting emotional because he had a bad playoff series and said some stuff.

I'd argue that giving Kyrie the max also means you can kiss goodbye any new banners being raised anytime soon. Guy has bad knees and drives his teammates nuts. Not a great combo for long term success. Even if you figured out the personality issues the guy still has some injury concerns that should make everyone nervous.
BigTrade92
General Manager
And1: 10,685

Post#36 » by BigTrade92 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:30 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:

celtics543 wrote:

I'd argue that giving Kyrie the max also means you can kiss goodbye any new banners being raised anytime soon. Guy has bad knees and drives his teammates nuts. Not a great combo for long term success. Even if you figured out the personality issues the guy still has some injury concerns that should make everyone nervous.

There's just no talking sense into some people.

Taking the business side of basketball personal is lame. Guy has every right to explore his options. Also, the guy has every right to be pissed at young players like Rozier and Brown, who haven't done jack sh*t, yet came into the year with giant egos and made the the season difficult to begin with.

You can root for this team to go back into the Crowder/IT led "little engine that could" squad, but if you want to win a championship without another decade passing by, you NEED Kyrie Irving to stay in Boston.
celtics543
Analyst
And1: 3,078

Post#37 » by celtics543 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:17 pm

BigTrade92 wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:

celtics543 wrote:

Taking the business side of basketball personal is lame. Guy has every right to explore his options. Also, the guy has every right to be pissed at young players like Rozier and Brown, who haven't done jack sh*t, yet came into the year with giant egos and made the the season difficult to begin with.

You can root for this team to go back into the Crowder/IT led "little engine that could" squad, but if you want to win a championship without another decade passing by, you NEED Kyrie Irving to stay in Boston.

Are we completely ignoring his injury issues? I even said that you can look past his issues with teammates because of his talent but that his injury history worries me. Do you want to be the Wizards with our own version of John Wall? For a guy who is hugely important and that we NEED to keep, he has never led a team beyond the 2nd round as the best player.

It's not a knock on his talent but lots of teams have rolled the dice on guys with issues, both injury and personality, and they rarely pay off.
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#38 » by CeltsfaninDC » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:24 pm

celtics543 wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:Nah, it's too personal lol

celtics543 wrote:

Are we completely ignoring his injury issues? I even said that you can look past his issues with teammates because of his talent but that his injury history worries me. Do you want to be the Wizards with our own version of John Wall? For a guy who is hugely important and that we NEED to keep, he has never led a team beyond the 2nd round as the best player.

It's not a knock on his talent but lots of teams have rolled the dice on guys with issues, both injury and personality, and they rarely pay off.

I think you can be certain that DA and the entire Cs org is NOT ignoring the injury factor. If they sign him to a 5yr max it will show that they are confident that he is healthy and will contribute. They aren’t shy about letting guys with injuries go (IT says HI).
rookie23
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#39 » by rookie23 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:41 pm

If Kyrie told mgmt he'd stay if AD was traded for, a deal with the Pelicans would already be in place...
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#40 » by MagicBagley18 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:09 pm

exactly. you can understand that kyrie acts like a jack ass and is a diva but understand him being here allows us to make a trade that puts us closer to a banner. even more so he leaves and the cap space is gone- we don't get a max slot to sign someone. just makes no sense to want him gone because you don't like him.

everything ainge worked for over the past rebuild is right in front of our faces this summer ( the ability to pair a top 10-15 player with a top 5-7 player) and it all goes to **** the minute kyrie walks.

the only people TOO EMOTIONAL are the ones who let their hate for kyrie the person and how he acts in the media blind them to the fact that we can put together a championship roster quicker with him than without.

Return to Boston Celtics