Page 1 of 3

Which Former Celtics Point Guard Would You Want Back? [POLL]

Posted: Sat Jun 8, 2019 3:15 pm
by zoyathedestroya
The main assumption is the same core of guys are back. Also assume that Kyrie still wants to play in Boston for most money. No other star tagged along (can't use argument that Kyrie will bring KD along with him). Can't have two on the same roster (so can't have both Kyrie AND Rozier). No S&Ts for Kyrie either.

"Other" option can only be a former Celtics PG. I make the rules.

?? / Brown / Tatum / Horford / Baynes
Smart / FA / Hayward / Morris / Williams
Ojeleye / rooks / FA

Just polling for fun. Mods, delete if you feel like it. No biggie.

Re: Which Former Celtics Point Guard Would You Want Back? [POLL]

Posted: Sat Jun 8, 2019 4:16 pm
by radcot
If no AD, then Kyrie does not make a lot of sense to me except as asset-conservation. Rondo makes less sense with no AD also, but if he has his mood/anger issues under control, it would be great to see how much easier he could make the game for Tatum & Brown. Don't think he'd let Hayward run up and down the court like a Banshee without getting him the ball now and then either.

Re: Which Former Celtics Point Guard Would You Want Back? [POLL]

Posted: Sat Jun 8, 2019 4:38 pm
by Celts17Pride
Milt Palacio not an option?

Re: Which Former Celtics Point Guard Would You Want Back? [POLL]

Posted: Sat Jun 8, 2019 4:46 pm
by brackdan70
Kyrie is the only on the list I have much interest in.
That said if he leaves then we need some other dude

Re: Which Former Celtics Point Guard Would You Want Back? [POLL]

Posted: Sat Jun 8, 2019 4:58 pm
by ThirtyFour
I take Kyrie back at max deal with no other star player signing guarantees as long as there’s no ‘no trade clause’. That way at the very least we don’t lose an asset in letting him walk. That way at the very least we have him as a trade chip if things continue to not work out.

Re: Which Former Celtics Point Guard Would You Want Back? [POLL]

Posted: Sat Jun 8, 2019 5:39 pm
by zoyathedestroya

Re: Which Former Celtics Point Guard Would You Want Back? [POLL]

Posted: Sat Jun 8, 2019 5:46 pm
by Roddy
Image

Re: Which Former Celtics Point Guard Would You Want Back? [POLL]

Posted: Sat Jun 8, 2019 5:54 pm
by La Flame
Give me the greatest Celtic since Pierce

Jordan "Player of the week" Crawford

Re: Which Former Celtics Point Guard Would You Want Back? [POLL]

Posted: Sat Jun 8, 2019 5:55 pm
by Bleedsgreen
Voted Rondo, But Shane Larkin should be on the list.
If Kyrie isn't coming back
Like to see
Rondo
Brown
Hayward
Davis
Horford
bench:
Baynes
Larkin
Morris

Re: Which Former Celtics Point Guard Would You Want Back? [POLL]

Posted: Sat Jun 8, 2019 5:56 pm
by radcot
zoyathedestroya wrote:Read it. Then vote for Rondo. LOL. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2839902-rajon-rondo-unplugged


Great read!! Thanks for posting. Rondo's IQ (both basketball and general) is off-the-charts for the NBA. Loved him even at his bad-tempered worst. Would love to have him back in some capacity now that he has clearly matured.

Re: Which Former Celtics Point Guard Would You Want Back? [POLL]

Posted: Sat Jun 8, 2019 6:24 pm
by djFan71
Rozier Island, baby! I'm feeling something like:

Rozier, Brown, Tatum, Horford, Baynes
Smart, Hayward, Williams, rook, rook
rook, Semi, Yabu

I dont' resign Morris if we're not trading for AD. Need all the shots for the Jays. At least the ones Terry's willing to give up. 8-)

If you can get Corey Joseph and Ed Davis splitting the MLE or using the Room exception for one of them, great. Depends on who you get in the draft. 14 & 20 should have a path to PT. 22 can be a long shot for Maine.

Use picks, semi, yabs to get another good young player as another option.

Re: Which Former Celtics Point Guard Would You Want Back? [POLL]

Posted: Sat Jun 8, 2019 6:29 pm
by Kalela
Kyrie Irving.

Re: Which Former Celtics Point Guard Would You Want Back? [POLL]

Posted: Sat Jun 8, 2019 7:48 pm
by djFan71
Just to be clear, if the rules were different, I'd want Kyrie with AD and/or KD as the first choice. Without another star, I'm moving on (and so is he).

Re: Which Former Celtics Point Guard Would You Want Back? [POLL]

Posted: Sat Jun 8, 2019 7:59 pm
by ZeroTolerance
Assuming Irving is gone....

"Playoff Rondo" would be nice for the money but we all know that "Playoff Rondo" only shows up once in awhile now days...

Conley would be a good choice except he's too expensive...

Rubio and some of the others don't play lock down defense....

Only Rozier is familiar with what the Celtics do and if he were to return to playing 32 minutes per game, i would think he would be the logical choice....just throw out last season and he would be the guy unquestionably....

After getting doused with Saki and given the nickname "Saki Daddy"at the local Hibachi bar last night, my son "Saki Birthday Boy' mentioned to me that Rozier is a "rhythm player"....I think "Saki Birthday Boy" has made a good point?

It made perfect sense at the time...the balloon hat that my son wore only emphasized the point...

So give me "terrible' Terry minus the 'terrible'...a year older and wiser and learning to keep his mouth shut...

Unless, of course, he ends up at the Japanese Hibach bar that is... :D

Re: Which Former Celtics Point Guard Would You Want Back? [POLL]

Posted: Sat Jun 8, 2019 8:01 pm
by ZeroTolerance
Roddy wrote:Image


LOL!

Happy feet!

But they dance in LA....

Re: Which Former Celtics Point Guard Would You Want Back? [POLL]

Posted: Sat Jun 8, 2019 8:32 pm
by Jaqua92
zoyathedestroya wrote:Read it. Then vote for Rondo. LOL. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2839902-rajon-rondo-unplugged
Rondo is the best playmaker in the NBA.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Re: Which Former Celtics Point Guard Would You Want Back? [POLL]

Posted: Sat Jun 8, 2019 9:02 pm
by R9ndo
Kyrie

Re: Which Former Celtics Point Guard Would You Want Back? [POLL]

Posted: Sat Jun 8, 2019 9:52 pm
by celticfan42487
djFan71 wrote:Rozier Island, baby! I'm feeling something like:

Rozier, Brown, Tatum, Horford, Baynes
Smart, Hayward, Williams, rook, rook
rook, Semi, Yabu

I dont' resign Morris if we're not trading for AD. Need all the shots for the Jays. At least the ones Terry's willing to give up. 8-)

If you can get Corey Joseph and Ed Davis splitting the MLE or using the Room exception for one of them, great. Depends on who you get in the draft. 14 & 20 should have a path to PT. 22 can be a long shot for Maine.

Use picks, semi, yabs to get another good young player as another option.


I'm 100% on this island as well.

But to be fair, on this island I'm using the resign Irving for multiple years and Blake Griffin trade him before the start of the season boat... it's just potentially an imaginary boat like so many dreamboats are.

Re: Which Former Celtics Point Guard Would You Want Back? [POLL]

Posted: Sat Jun 8, 2019 11:30 pm
by SuperDeluxe
zoyathedestroya wrote:Read it. Then vote for Rondo. LOL. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2839902-rajon-rondo-unplugged

Still quite full of himself, but a highly intelligent person, and sounding much more mature. He makes Irving's musings seem like a drunkard's babbling.

Re: Which Former Celtics Point Guard Would You Want Back? [POLL]

Posted: Sat Jun 8, 2019 11:32 pm
by Darthlukey
zoyathedestroya wrote:The main assumption is the same core of guys are back. Also assume that Kyrie still wants to play in Boston for most money. No other star tagged along (can't use argument that Kyrie will bring KD along with him). Can't have two on the same roster (so can't have both Kyrie AND Rozier). No S&Ts for Kyrie either.

"Other" option can only be a former Celtics PG. I make the rules.

?? / Brown / Tatum / Horford / Baynes
Smart / FA / Hayward / Morris / Williams
Ojeleye / rooks / FA

Just polling for fun. Mods, delete if you feel like it. No biggie.

Does Chauncey billups count?