ImageImageImage

Anthony Davis Trade Thread Shimmies to #8

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,635

Re: Anthony Davis Trade Thread Shimmies to #8 

Post#1841 » by The Corey's » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:38 pm

Scarletfire81 wrote:
Jakeopp wrote:
The Corey's wrote:If Thompson and Durant recover on the quicker side, say 6 or 7 months then naw, they goto the finals again. Assuming they are even just in the ball park of their talents.

Davis and lebron aren't beating them or the rockets.

Davis to Boston makes the most amount or sense for him if winning is his priority and honestly it doesnt seem like it is

Show me someone in professional sports that recovered from a ruptured achilles in 6-7 months and didn't look like complete garbage.

Hayward injury wasn't even as bad as a torn Achilles and it will take him at least 2 years to fully recover, if he ever does.

Ahhhh. No way.

Just the image if your leg upside down and backwards is enough mentally to **** you up for years. I twisted my knee really bad once and I still feel lingering pain.
Afam
RealGM
And1: 8,437

Post#1842 » by Afam » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:39 pm

If it is player related that can be fixed. It is an odd reason to leave. If it is environment related like not liking Boston, the coach/coaches, gameplan etc understandable , but to leave over the players, come on.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#1843 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:40 pm

Btw, if Rich Paul wants AD in Boston he’s played it perfectly - increased our trade leverage and baited the Lakers into overplaying their hand before the deadline. It’s not in Davis’ interest to join a gutted team.
Jakeopp
General Manager
And1: 9,976

Post#1844 » by Jakeopp » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:40 pm

The Corey's wrote:
Jakeopp wrote:
The Corey's wrote:If Thompson and Durant recover on the quicker side, say 6 or 7 months then naw, they goto the finals again. Assuming they are even just in the ball park of their talents.

Davis and lebron aren't beating them or the rockets.

Davis to Boston makes the most amount or sense for him if winning is his priority and honestly it doesnt seem like it is

Show me someone in professional sports that recovered from a ruptured achilles in 6-7 months and didn't look like complete garbage.

Rocket's with Harden and an aging CP3 aren't beating that team. Plus, once they land AD they're going to be pushing hard for a third star in free agency.

Show me an athlete as good as Durant in his prime who ruptured his achellies.

Durant at 50% is better than Livingston and iggy. And had Thompson not blown out his knee this series goes 7 games.

Sooooo playing the odds, I'm more than comfortable with the production you're getting out of Durant in that scenario.

I'm not really sure what his skill at basketball has to do with his recovery time.
Afam
RealGM
And1: 8,437

Post#1845 » by Afam » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:40 pm

Two years it is going to be the same thing. New york is not an easy place to live and handle. The Media, Fans etc.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,690

Post#1846 » by GoCeltics123 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:40 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

WHAT DOES IT SAY?!

The Celtics find themselves in the extremely unusual predicament of figuring out how to proceed with three first-round draft picks while also pursuing Pelicans superstar Anthony Davis and trying to do enough to convince Kyrie Irving to return to Boston.

It is quite a balancing act, and there are no firm answers yet, but it is clear that so far things have not progressed as the team was once hoping. According to league sources, the Celtics’ belief that Irving will re-sign with them after free agency opens on June 30 has eroded.

There is still some hope within the organization that Irving will have a change of heart if Boston is able to acquire Davis. And Irving’s fickle personality certainly makes anything possible until he officially agrees to terms with some team.

But the likelihood of an Irving return appears to be decreasing. Nevertheless, the sources said, it is clear that the Celtics’ pursuit of Davis will push forward.

It is widely known that the Celtics have the shiniest collection of assets for a potential Davis deal, but there are questions about how far they would open their treasure chest. One league source said the uncertainty surrounding Davis’s long-term future in Boston has thus far limited the Celtics’ willingness to overwhelm New Orleans with an offer.

Davis’s camp has insisted for months that if Davis is traded to the Celtics, he will play out the final season of his contract and then move on after becoming a free agent. Davis’s agent, Rich Paul, who also represents LeBron James, doubled down on that notion in an interview in Sports Illustrated this week.

If Irving leaves this summer, and Davis departs one season after Boston surrenders key assets to acquire him, it would set the Celtics back for years.

Although the tenuous situation may have affected the Celtics’ trade offers so far, the sources said Boston remains quite interested in Davis, regardless of Irving’s future.

There has been some suggestion that the Pelicans will push to complete a deal soon so they will have more time to evaluate prospects they could select with whatever draft picks they receive in trade. But a league source said that notion has been overblown, and that New Orleans is confident in its multiyear evaluation process of current prospects.

The sources confirmed the general notion that the chase for Davis is setting up to be a showdown between the Celtics and Lakers. Los Angeles would appear to be in a position of strength, knowing that Davis will almost certainly stay there long-term if he is acquired.

But some sources believe there is still some bitterness among the Pelicans ownership group relating to how Paul and the Lakers essentially worked in tandem when Davis requested to be traded prior to the February deadline, even though Pelicans owner Gayle Benson has publicly been more open to the possibility of doing business with the Lakers.

For the Celtics, the opportunity to acquire a superstar such as Davis has been the goal all along as they stockpiled assets and young players, and they will continue to pursue the possibility regardless of Irving’s future with the team. But there is no doubt that Irving’s departure would deflate the championship momentum the Celtics had been hoping to build.

ESPN reported Wednesday that Irving had parted ways with his longtime agent, Jeff Wechsler, to eventually sign on with rapper Jay-Z’s agency, Roc Nation Sports. Jay-Z sold his ownership stake in the Nets in 2013 when he started this agency.

Warriors star Kevin Durant, who has long been linked to Irving in free agency, was a longtime Roc Nation client before he and Roc Nation executive Rich Kleiman branched off to form their own group, 35 Ventures. Also, Roc Nation president Michael Yorkmark is the twin brother of Nets CEO Brett Yormark. There are plenty of dots to connect.

When meeting with reporters last week, Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge did not have a very optimistic tone when referring to Irving’s situation. When asked about the risks involved in making a future deal, he closed his press conference by saying: “We made a risk by trading for Kyrie, and no matter what happens with Kyrie, I’ll never regret that. You just move on to the next deal.”
Banks2Pierce
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#1847 » by Banks2Pierce » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:41 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Btw, if Rich Paul wants AD in Boston he’s played it perfectly

You've combined galaxy brain and the pepe sylvia conspiracy into one thought. Incredible.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#1848 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:43 pm

Banks2Pierce wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:Btw, if Rich Paul wants AD in Boston he’s played it perfectly

You've combined galaxy brain and the pepe sylvia conspiracy into one thought. Incredible.

FWIW it also helps us to create the impression we don’t think Kyrie is staying
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#1849 » by The Corey's » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:44 pm

Jakeopp wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Jakeopp wrote:Show me someone in professional sports that recovered from a ruptured achilles in 6-7 months and didn't look like complete garbage.

Rocket's with Harden and an aging CP3 aren't beating that team. Plus, once they land AD they're going to be pushing hard for a third star in free agency.

Durant at 50% is better than Livingston and iggy. And had Thompson not blown out his knee this series goes 7 games.

Sooooo playing the odds, I'm more than comfortable with the production you're getting out of Durant in that scenario.

I'm not really sure what his skill at basketball has to do with his recovery time.

Durant will be back for next years playoffs. Guaranteed.
denmuscles
Pro Prospect
And1: 620

Post#1850 » by denmuscles » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:45 pm

The last person Danny fleeced was and will be Billy King. He used to be in a drivers seat, not anymore. Few GMs have surpassed him in my opinion. Why not flat out say We are hopeful Kyrie re-signs but chances are slim. Why always beat around the bush like a coward when he clear cut lied about KGs injury.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#1851 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:49 pm

denmuscles wrote:The last person Danny fleeced was and will be Billy King. He used to be in a drivers seat, not anymore. Few GMs have surpassed him in my opinion. Why not flat out say We are hopeful Kyrie re-signs but chances are slim. Why always beat around the bush like a coward when he clear cut lied about KGs injury.

Isn’t the story that they were ready to make the trade and Wyc suggested calling back and asking for unprotected picks?
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#1852 » by The Corey's » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:50 pm

denmuscles wrote:The last person Danny fleeced was and will be Billy King. He used to be in a drivers seat, not anymore. Few GMs have surpassed him in my opinion. Why not flat out say We are hopeful Kyrie re-signs but chances are slim. Why always beat around the bush like a coward when he clear cut lied about KGs injury.

Looks if kyrie leaves and we dont get Davis and we go into next season with the young core we've been developing, a good portion of us can say verbatim exactly what Danny and wyc will say in the press conference introducing whoever they drafted.

It's the same year in and out and if it happens, I expect a turnover in management relatively soon.

That being said, we should atleast wait until all that happens.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#1853 » by The Corey's » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:51 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:

Isn’t the story that they were ready to make the trade and Wyc suggested calling back and asking for unprotected picks?

That's wyc stroking his own ego. He basically said we got two unprotected first and on his suggestion was able to milk a third.

Ok gm wyc. He doesnt interfere though!
Scarletfire81
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#1854 » by Scarletfire81 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:53 pm

Didnt Ainge trade Marcus Thornton and a late first round pick for IT? Didn't he trade the 1st overall pick for the 3rd pick and the kings pick. Rondo was traded for Jae Crowder and a first round pick, that was good trade at the time.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,983

Post#1855 » by jfs1000d » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:55 pm

The Corey's wrote:
Jakeopp wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

Achilles? Come on. That is 9 months. Look at Boogie, he isn't some super speedster and he plays at a slower pace and he took about 10 months.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#1856 » by BullyKing » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:56 pm

Scarletfire81 wrote:

Didnt Ainge trade Marcus Thornton and a late first round pick for IT? Didn't he trade the 1st overall pick for the 3rd pick and the kings pick. Rondo was traded for Jae Crowder and a first round pick, that was good trade at the time.

I was gonna say, he certainly fleeced Bryan Colangelo. As a rival fan, I nevertheless have to admit that Ainge is one of the best GMs in the business. He built the most impressive war chest in the game without ever really trading anything of value to get it.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#1857 » by The Corey's » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:56 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Jakeopp wrote:I'm not really sure what his skill at basketball has to do with his recovery time.

Achilles? Come on. That is 9 months. Look at Boogie, he isn't some super speedster and he plays at a slower pace and he took about 10 months.

Hes also 100 pounds overweight

Maybe the third round of the playoffs. It doesn't matter. They're still better without Durant then whatever the Lakers can paste together. Unless they scored ad and Leonard.
soxfan2003
RealGM
And1: 4,178

Post#1858 » by soxfan2003 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:59 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Btw, if Rich Paul wants AD in Boston he’s played it perfectly - increased our trade leverage and baited the Lakers into overplaying their hand before the deadline. It’s not in Davis’ interest to join a gutted team.

If Davis really wanted to be in Boston, Rich Paul via back channels could have just told Ainge get rid of Kyrie Irving/Al Horford/Gordon Hayward ASAP/for the 2020 offseason for picks/young rookie wage players....

Then AD signs with Boston as a free agent to play alongside Smart on a good contract for 2 more years, a re-signed Brown at perhaps 20+ million a year and Tatum plus tons of cap room and picks....

I think even most of Kyrie Irving's fans would recognize Irving is not a good value at the max going forward. Not many PGs are heading into their 30's.
NYCelticsfan136
Veteran
And1: 1,681

Post#1859 » by NYCelticsfan136 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:00 pm

Yes let’s give up all our assets for one year of Anthony davis and who else?! I don’t want this guy here because he won’t sign long term with the Celtics.
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,446

Post#1860 » by SichtingLives » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:05 pm

The Corey's wrote:
Jakeopp wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

looking like raggedy andy if he is. klay is a safer bet.

btw all the people who have incessantly cried about GS ruining the league look hella stupid right now. ruining realgm just to be oh so wrong ouch! lol
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways

Return to Boston Celtics