ImageImageImage

Predict your 2019-2020 opening night roster

Moderators: canman1971, sully00, SmartWentCrazy, The Comedian, Parliament10, Froob, ParticleMan, djFan71

User avatar
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,902
And1: 900
Joined: Nov 24, 2006

Re: Predict your 2019-2020 opening night roster 

Post#21 » by chakdaddy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:03 pm

Starting PG lonzo ball
Theocy
Senior
Posts: 695
And1: 601
Joined: Aug 27, 2017
 

Re: Predict your 2019-2020 opening night roster 

Post#22 » by Theocy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:15 pm

NYCelticsfan136 wrote:
Theocy wrote:
Roddy wrote:Conley
Smart
Brown
Tatum
Capela

Rondo
Romeo Langford
Morris
Oleyeje
Jared Dudley
Rob Williams
Baynes


How low is langford going ? I thought he would be top 5 in the draft.
And how easy is it to get conley ? What kind of trade for that?
I like this team. Langford and williams have a lot of potential and well you have brown and tatum there. It could be soemthing interesting.



Langford is not going in the top 5. There’s a lot of small forwards in this draft.



I had langford down as a SG - perhaps blame my 2k days.
hondobird
Freshman
Posts: 99
And1: 77
Joined: Jun 25, 2015
       

Re: Predict your 2019-2020 opening night roster 

Post#23 » by hondobird » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:37 pm

assuming Danny can work some magic with cap issues:

ball handlers: Smart, Rubio , Carson Edwards

wings: Brown, Tatum, Hayward, Herro

bigs: Towns, Horford, Baynes

how: R Williams, cap filler and picks (1 from this year and the Mem pick) for Towns
sign Rubio
draft Herro
bye and thx for the memories: Morris and Rozier
captain green
Veteran
Posts: 2,567
And1: 985
Joined: Mar 04, 2009
Contact:
         

Re: Predict your 2019-2020 opening night roster 

Post#24 » by captain green » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:03 am

I got trading for eric gordon and capella for hayward and yabu and our 14th pick.
Signing rondo and morris.
Rondo/smart/draft pick 51
Brown/gordon/draft pick 22
Tatum/semi/draft pick 20
Horford/morris/thies
Capella/baynes/timelord
Rj hunter and a big for 2 way players.
We always talk about there’s A-to-Z… really, there’s A-to-G or -E,’” Ainge told Celtics.com of a team’s typical offseason agenda. “This year, there’s definitely A-to-Z.” : danny ainge
djFan71
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 6,429
And1: 5,833
Joined: Jul 24, 2010
Location: Finding places to dump excess Kool Aid
 

Re: Predict your 2019-2020 opening night roster 

Post#25 » by djFan71 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:36 am

Rozier, Brown, Tatum, Horford, Baynes
Smart, NAW, Hayward, Little, Davis
Dort, Semi, Claxton, Yabu, Williams

Spoiler:
Ed
Mr Loggins
Analyst
Posts: 3,377
And1: 1,950
Joined: Jul 22, 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Predict your 2019-2020 opening night roster 

Post#26 » by Mr Loggins » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:08 am

hondobird wrote:assuming Danny can work some magic with cap issues:

ball handlers: Smart, Rubio , Carson Edwards

wings: Brown, Tatum, Hayward, Herro

bigs: Towns, Horford, Baynes

how: R Williams, cap filler and picks (1 from this year and the Mem pick) for Towns
sign Rubio
draft Herro
bye and thx for the memories: Morris and Rozier



Seems a little light on the value for Min......
User avatar
BakersDozen
General Manager
Posts: 7,594
And1: 727
Joined: Dec 03, 2003
Location: Springfield,Ma

Re: Predict your 2019-2020 opening night roster 

Post#27 » by BakersDozen » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:09 am

Rubio/brown/hayward/tatum/horford

Smart/baynes/jamychal green... no idea who da might draft


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
User avatar
RickyDizzle
Senior
Posts: 749
And1: 186
Joined: Feb 15, 2005
Location: Maine

Re: Predict your 2019-2020 opening night roster 

Post#28 » by RickyDizzle » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:04 am

Dragic, Brown, Hayward, Horf, AD

Or

Smart, Beal, Tatum, Morris, Horf


Or

Smart, brown, hayward, tatum, Horf
User avatar
Roddy
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,059
And1: 8,402
Joined: Jun 19, 2010
Location: France
   

Re: Predict your 2019-2020 opening night roster 

Post#29 » by Roddy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:32 am

Theocy wrote:
Roddy wrote:Conley
Smart
Brown
Tatum
Capela

Rondo
Romeo Langford
Morris
Oleyeje
Jared Dudley
Rob Williams
Baynes


How low is langford going ? I thought he would be top 5 in the draft.
And how easy is it to get conley ? What kind of trade for that?
I like this team. Langford and williams have a lot of potential and well you have brown and tatum there. It could be soemthing interesting.


Right now, Langford is between 12 and 22 in most of the mocks.
Well for Conley, I guess it's a reach lol. I guess Hayward + #20 + Memphis pick.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
Posts: 15,314
And1: 7,147
Joined: Feb 12, 2010
Location: Somewhere in Boston
     

Re: Predict your 2019-2020 opening night roster 

Post#30 » by FlatearthZorro » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:19 am

Rondo/Brown/Hayward/Davis/Horford with a bench of whoever you scrap up at PG/Thybulle/Semi/vet scorer/Theis/Baynes.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
brackdan70
RealGM
Posts: 11,624
And1: 6,682
Joined: Jul 15, 2013
Location: Ogden, UT
     

Re: Predict your 2019-2020 opening night roster 

Post#32 » by brackdan70 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:26 pm

hondobird wrote:assuming Danny can work some magic with cap issues:

ball handlers: Smart, Rubio , Carson Edwards

wings: Brown, Tatum, Hayward, Herro

bigs: Towns, Horford, Baynes

how: R Williams, cap filler and picks (1 from this year and the Mem pick) for Towns
sign Rubio
draft Herro
bye and thx for the memories: Morris and Rozier

Well there is no such thing as magic. So figure out what the cap filler is?

Also I can’t see Minny giving up Towns for that. Would Rubio sign for the tax payer MLE?
Danny Ainge on Jayson Tatum and rational for not making him available in a trade for Anthony Davis
“And how can this be....for he is the Kwisatz Haderach”
brackdan70
RealGM
Posts: 11,624
And1: 6,682
Joined: Jul 15, 2013
Location: Ogden, UT
     

Re: Predict your 2019-2020 opening night roster 

Post#33 » by brackdan70 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:50 pm

Rozier
Brown
Tatum
Horford
Baynes

Smart
Tax MLE
Hayward
Draft Pick
Williams

Wanamaker
Draft pick
Ojeleye
Yabusele or draft pick
Theis
Danny Ainge on Jayson Tatum and rational for not making him available in a trade for Anthony Davis
“And how can this be....for he is the Kwisatz Haderach”
nickgammon
Pro Prospect
Posts: 939
And1: 872
Joined: Apr 17, 2014
     

Re: Predict your 2019-2020 opening night roster 

Post#34 » by nickgammon » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:45 pm

Starters: Russell/Brown/Tatum/Horford/Williams
Bench: Smart/Hayward/Ojeleye/Doumbouya/Baynes
User avatar
Bar Fight
Head Coach
Posts: 6,368
And1: 6,839
Joined: Sep 30, 2013
 

Re: Predict your 2019-2020 opening night roster 

Post#35 » by Bar Fight » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:50 pm

hondobird wrote:assuming Danny can work some magic with cap issues:

ball handlers: Smart, Rubio , Carson Edwards

wings: Brown, Tatum, Hayward, Herro

bigs: Towns, Horford, Baynes

how: R Williams, cap filler and picks (1 from this year and the Mem pick) for Towns
sign Rubio
draft Herro
bye and thx for the memories: Morris and Rozier

:lol: What?
ddb
General Manager
Posts: 9,474
And1: 7,752
Joined: May 10, 2007

Re: Predict your 2019-2020 opening night roster 

Post#36 » by ddb » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:06 pm

Kyrie-Beal-Semi-Davis-Horford

Not rumors, just what I'd like to see go down.

Surprise draft night deal with Washington. Smart-Brown-Williams-Memphis pick for Beal

Tatum/Hayward/Yabu/14/20 for Davis & Moore (or Hill).

Restructure AL

Kyrie comes back.

Resign Mook.

Sign ring chasing vets

Kyrie-Beal-Semi-Davis-Al
Vet-Moore-Mook-Vet-Baynes
Vet-Vet-1st rd (22) -Vet-open roster slot



Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
jcappy
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,755
And1: 464
Joined: Dec 21, 2004

Re: Predict your 2019-2020 opening night roster 

Post#37 » by jcappy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:32 pm

At the moment, it's musical chairs time. But what I'm convinced of is that we will minimally end up with a second-round playoff team next season. It will be new and different--and highly competitive.
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
~ Muhammad Ali
Jaqua92
Head Coach
Posts: 6,902
And1: 3,851
Joined: Feb 21, 2017
 

Re: Predict your 2019-2020 opening night roster 

Post#38 » by Jaqua92 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:37 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Edug27 wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:
Fixed

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk


Kyrie is gone and AD isn’t coming here.. It’s time to lower expectations as a fan base and embrace watching these young dudes grow. Watching Gordon regain form slowly. It’s no longer “banner 18 or bust”.

Amen. We already know how Danny operates. He won't make a reckless move that could potentially leave the franchise with nothing. Kyrie really didn't seem happy here, esp. in the 2nd half of the season. The way he talks about being around family and friends points to him playing in Brooklyn.
I can't believe you guys are thinking Danny is pulling out of the AD thing.

If Danny doesn't make this trade, then he's no longer the best GM in the league, and I will accept that we simply are no longer a championship organization. Danny needs to get his guy, and I refuse to rationalize why he isnt doing out of loyalty, which is what I think you guys are doing.

So if Danny DOES trade Tatum for AD, you both will strongly disagree with him, and openly admit that you think he made a mistake, correct?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Game - It's an L
User avatar
zoyathedestroya
Analyst
Posts: 3,334
And1: 6,859
Joined: Nov 05, 2017

Re: Predict your 2019-2020 opening night roster 

Post#39 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:04 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Edug27 wrote:
Kyrie is gone and AD isn’t coming here.. It’s time to lower expectations as a fan base and embrace watching these young dudes grow. Watching Gordon regain form slowly. It’s no longer “banner 18 or bust”.

Amen. We already know how Danny operates. He won't make a reckless move that could potentially leave the franchise with nothing. Kyrie really didn't seem happy here, esp. in the 2nd half of the season. The way he talks about being around family and friends points to him playing in Brooklyn.
I can't believe you guys are thinking Danny is pulling out of the AD thing.

If Danny doesn't make this trade, then he's no longer the best GM in the league, and I will accept that we simply are no longer a championship organization. Danny needs to get his guy, and I refuse to rationalize why he isnt doing out of loyalty, which is what I think you guys are doing.

So if Danny DOES trade Tatum for AD, you both will strongly disagree with him, and openly admit that you think he made a mistake, correct?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Either direction is defensible imo. I wouldn't crucify him if he went either way. I understand both sides of the argument. (Some of you apparently don't hehe.) I don't see it as a mistake 'cos if AD walks, Celtics can just start from scratch with their own picks and whatever picks they can get from selling off the vets. It's the biggest gamble Danny would ever do. All his previous risks were more calculated.
jirrit
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,015
And1: 3,053
Joined: Mar 01, 2011
Location: Belgium
Contact:
   

Re: Predict your 2019-2020 opening night roster 

Post#40 » by jirrit » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:29 pm

Rozier Smart Hayward Horford AD
Brown Baynes

Return to Boston Celtics