ImageImageImage

AD's Gone Thread #9, And Everything's Still Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime.

Moderators: Froob, ParticleMan, The Comedian, Parliament10, canman1971, djFan71, sully00

djFan71
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 6,518
And1: 5,978
Joined: Jul 24, 2010
 

Re: AD Trade Thread #9 Everything's Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime. 

Post#581 » by djFan71 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:04 am

AD to the Lakers? Wonder why we hadn't heard leaks about that before?

Those picks are crazy - LeBron isn't going to be good for 5 years. AD will be (barring injury), but you really trust the LAL front office to keep a contender around him? I don't. No way Danny offered those amount of picks for 5 years. Tatum wasn't ENOUGH better to overcome that.

I think Griffin did well to extract all that.
User avatar
gocelts
Analyst
Posts: 3,469
And1: 1,198
Joined: Jan 23, 2004
Location: Illadelphia

Re: AD Trade Thread #9 Everything's Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime. 

Post#582 » by gocelts » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:05 am

Three years ago we signed Al Horford. Two years ago we signed Hayward....but we're still not a free agent destination....??? Ubsurd takes this hour...
~gocelts
NYCelticsfan136
Rookie
Posts: 1,001
And1: 592
Joined: Jun 12, 2018
         

Re: AD Trade Thread #9 Everything's Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime. 

Post#583 » by NYCelticsfan136 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:06 am

return2glory wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:This is trash.

The NBA players only playing for 2 states is trash.

We need a lockout, and we need to instal franchise tags like the NFL has.

There are endless markets that are killed because only 2 states are allowed to have teams that do 0 effort and just sit there and wait for players to refuse to play anywhere but there.

The entire system is garbage.


The Lakers ranked the last two months on purpose and got rewarded by the NBA. There was a small chance of them moving up into the top 4, and surprise surprise, there they were.

The Pelicans tanked on purpose, not playing AD in 4th quarter of games and got rewarded by the NBA with the #1 pick.


And yet people don’t think it’s rigged. Lol. I know people will say well why didn’t the Knicks get the number one pick? The Knicks haven’t done diddly poo in years.
User avatar
celticfan42487
RealGM
Posts: 19,048
And1: 5,061
Joined: Jul 22, 2005
Location: Billerica, MA
       

Re: AD Trade Thread #9 Everything's Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime. 

Post#584 » by celticfan42487 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:06 am

reload141 wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
Nope, everything sucks. Fire Ainge!


Bruins losing, Raptors winning, U20 USA mens team getting embarressed, Celtics losing out on AD and Irving

I don't know I think it's fine for me to be depressed and drink a lot for a month or two.


I know in the back of my mind a team with no expectations is much more enjoyable to watch and wins in the regular season mean something again.

But idk.

Guess we'll just wait to see if Ainge can pull a rabbit out of the hat like he did with the IT trade.

I don't even know what I want the team to do in a draft now that we're rebuilding again. I guess go for Bol Bol. Swing for the fences. Try to see if there is any road we can take that doesn't result in Tatum leaving us as the only active all-star on the team since 2019 forward in his career.


Look, it has been bad I totally agree.

For the expectations we all had this year and what they were planning we should be feeling really good right now...

Irving leaving screwed us, HARD.

I'm interested to see what we do now and what moves we make... I think we might try and swing for another player? But if we don't then we try and package up picks and move up.


Yeah I'll be able to talk about next steps too in a week or two.

I mean... we're in the middle. Exactly on a treadmill.

Next season
Rozier
Smart/Brown
Tatum/Hayward
insert crap
Baynes

That's still good enough to make the playoffs in the East. And we're not like, saddled with vets. Nor do we have to worry about cap space because no one is good enough to cost anything.

So yeah, it'll be the classic philosophical question of what you do in team building.

But make no mistake, June 15th 2019... the clock just started on Tatum leaving. Now we have to add a young piece around Tatum to convince him to stay. Right now we don't have that. Maybe Brown breaks out late who knows.
:reporter: Moose23's burner account?
:reporter: Will the Raps board take him back?

truth18 wrote:
Boogie! wrote:Tldr? Thanks?

TLDR
**** most of my sub forum. We used to be tight here, I'd love to post here again on occasion like I used to.
Love your squad.
Going to the finals.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
Posts: 14,102
And1: 7,491
Joined: Mar 04, 2010
Location: 7/4/16: The day Durant nuked the NBA leaving only the warriors as survivors.
   

Re: AD Trade Thread #9 Everything's Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime. 

Post#585 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:06 am

gocelts wrote:Don't understand all the hate on Ainge. The Pels were the ones that agreed on that trash trade. Ainge didn't need to include Tatum to top that crap.


I am getting on Ainge because all he has to show for the nets trade, which looked like a complete steal at the time, is Brown and Tatum. How many players did he draft that never played on this team? I bet it is at least 8.

Now if Irving signs with the Nets they they will be ahead of the celtics which is inconceivable.

I don't know if Ainge has it in him for another rebuild. He has been with the team for coming up on 18 season and he he been rebuilding for about half that time. May be time for Ainge to step away.
*Insert witty signature here.*
return2glory
RealGM
Posts: 14,001
And1: 5,938
Joined: Feb 24, 2005

Re: AD Trade Thread #9 Everything's Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime. 

Post#586 » by return2glory » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:06 am

Danny needs to go out and get an underrated player that is a free agent. He is working hard out here in LA, working on his game. He is a former Laker coming off a strong season for the Pelicans.

Julius Randle. Not a star and trending up. He would be a nice piece. Not saying he should be a top choice but someone Danny and staff should be looking at. I believe he has a player option and will opt out if he hasn’t yet.

I doubt Washington will make Beal available.
brackdan70
RealGM
Posts: 11,716
And1: 6,782
Joined: Jul 15, 2013
Location: Ogden, UT
     

Re: AD Trade Thread #9 Everything's Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime. 

Post#587 » by brackdan70 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:06 am

I am strangely happy about all this. Glad to keep Smart Brown Tatum and the Memphis pick around

If AD would have been willing to consider staying here long term it would be different...but it is what it is.

We can now get excited about Tyler Hero or some young studs I this draft.
Danny Ainge on Jayson Tatum and rational for not making him available in a trade for Anthony Davis
“And how can this be....for he is the Kwisatz Haderach”
User avatar
yeahM8
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,587
And1: 2,434
Joined: Feb 05, 2016
 

Re: AD Trade Thread #9 Everything's Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime. 

Post#588 » by yeahM8 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:07 am

It’s amazing how we all root for the same team but I can totally see myself getting along with some and wanting to shake the **** out of others
User avatar
King Of The 4th
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,460
And1: 4,627
Joined: Apr 26, 2009
Location: Very much woke
     

Re: AD Trade Thread #9 Everything's Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime. 

Post#589 » by King Of The 4th » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:07 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter


Not high on Olive, but think teams are sleeping on "Image not Available" for sure.
MetalFingaz wrote:Clearly he was trying to go off the backboard to the ghost of Rik Smits, but he forget Rik was still alive and that ghosts can't dunk.


KDBG wrote:I want to kill Jamal Crawford. Murder his 80 year old a$$. But he is probably a cool guy in real life.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
Posts: 14,102
And1: 7,491
Joined: Mar 04, 2010
Location: 7/4/16: The day Durant nuked the NBA leaving only the warriors as survivors.
   

Re: AD Trade Thread #9 Everything's Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime. 

Post#590 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:08 am

Also Celtics still have Brown, Tatum and Hayward on this roster which to me is another issue that has to be worked out.
*Insert witty signature here.*
User avatar
The Comedian
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 4,719
And1: 9,052
Joined: Jun 25, 2006
       

Re: AD Trade Thread #9 Everything's Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime. 

Post#591 » by The Comedian » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:08 am

Considering all the picks the Lakers gave up, Danny wasn't beating that. Which makes all the "fire Danny" posts even better.
brackdan70
RealGM
Posts: 11,716
And1: 6,782
Joined: Jul 15, 2013
Location: Ogden, UT
     

Re: AD Trade Thread #9 Everything's Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime. 

Post#592 » by brackdan70 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:08 am

return2glory wrote:Danny needs to go out and get an underrated player that is a free agent. He is working hard out here in LA, working on his game. He is a former Laker coming off a strong season for the Pelicans.

Julius Randle. Not a star and trending up. He would be a nice piece. Not saying he should be a top choice but someone Danny and staff should be looking at. I believe he has a player option and will opt out if he hasn’t yet.

I doubt Washington will make Beal available.

I like Randle but don’t think we can snare him for the MLE...
Danny Ainge on Jayson Tatum and rational for not making him available in a trade for Anthony Davis
“And how can this be....for he is the Kwisatz Haderach”
reload141
General Manager
Posts: 7,851
And1: 12,910
Joined: Jan 21, 2012
       

Re: AD Trade Thread #9 Everything's Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime. 

Post#593 » by reload141 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:08 am

yeahM8 wrote:It’s amazing how we all root for the same team but I can totally see myself getting along with some and wanting to shake the **** out of others


Fellow Australians on the same page.
User avatar
Saint Lazarus
Pro Prospect
Posts: 994
And1: 1,575
Joined: May 20, 2018
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: AD Trade Thread #9 Everything's Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime. 

Post#594 » by Saint Lazarus » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:09 am

The Corey's wrote:
ddb wrote:Welp. There goes that. Griffin caves in like a little bitch. Horrible return. Ingram has blood clot issues, Ball cant shoot and comes with Lavar, Hart is a fringe NBA guy. #4 pick in a 3 player draft. Rich Paul, LeBron James, AD and the Lakers win this deal.

For Boston. Kyrie is gone now. Ainge will go young and we will have a team we can root for and enemies we can despise.

**** Rich Paul and AD

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app


Brown and rozier attitude problems are on the same level of Irving's and without the skill set. Not all of us look at them as young talent easy to root for



No it's not lmfao
Image

dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch
Gomes3PC
Head Coach
Posts: 6,808
And1: 2,444
Joined: Feb 10, 2006

Re: AD Trade Thread #9 Everything's Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime. 

Post#595 » by Gomes3PC » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:11 am

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Gomes3PC wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
They don't have a choice but to resign him.

Plus even if Irving did come back (he won't) they could not have kept the same team together.

It was either AD and Irving or nothing.

Irving made sure it was nothing. I hope Al opts out and goes elsewhere and this team tanks at this point.

You can and should let Rozier walk if he won't sign a friendly deal. He's just not very good. He's like the 30th best PG in the league and he wants $13M/yr. Paying him that is roster suicide.


He isn't but the celtics dont have any PGs on this team that are serviceable but him.

We would be better off just playing Wanamaker and Smart and drafting a PG than paying Rozier what he will likely get. Nothing worse in the NBA than overpaying for mediocre players.
User avatar
celticfan42487
RealGM
Posts: 19,048
And1: 5,061
Joined: Jul 22, 2005
Location: Billerica, MA
       

Re: AD Trade Thread #9 Everything's Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime. 

Post#596 » by celticfan42487 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:11 am

NYCelticsfan136 wrote:
return2glory wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:This is trash.

The NBA players only playing for 2 states is trash.

We need a lockout, and we need to instal franchise tags like the NFL has.

There are endless markets that are killed because only 2 states are allowed to have teams that do 0 effort and just sit there and wait for players to refuse to play anywhere but there.

The entire system is garbage.


The Lakers ranked the last two months on purpose and got rewarded by the NBA. There was a small chance of them moving up into the top 4, and surprise surprise, there they were.

The Pelicans tanked on purpose, not playing AD in 4th quarter of games and got rewarded by the NBA with the #1 pick.


And yet people don’t think it’s rigged. Lol. I know people will say well why didn’t the Knicks get the number one pick? The Knicks haven’t done diddly poo in years.


Thank you

THE LAKERS HAVE **** SUCK, DO **** SUCK, AND DON'T DESERVE THE FREE PASS BY THE PLAYERS IN ANY WAY*

* = yes I get the lifestyle advantages, I'm just speaking on a fair game perspective.


It's enough to make me want to quit watching the NBA. What's the **** point if you don't like in NY or LA.

I loved the last 5 years hearing Lakers fans bitched their team isn't winning when the current dynasty in the NBA is in their state but they're too privileged to **** care.

Complete and UTTER bull SYSTEM.

At least the Warriors earned their rings by the fair game of getting super **** lucky in the draft. The Lakers deserve to be at the bottom of the league. Their youth sucks.

Ingram has a career ending medical condition that could flare up any second. Lonzo Ball is a complete bust. The 4th pick is in a draft where it's as good as the 20th.

And they get AD for free because of the stupid **** system

So **** done with this bull CBA
:reporter: Moose23's burner account?
:reporter: Will the Raps board take him back?

truth18 wrote:
Boogie! wrote:Tldr? Thanks?

TLDR
**** most of my sub forum. We used to be tight here, I'd love to post here again on occasion like I used to.
Love your squad.
Going to the finals.
chrisab123
General Manager
Posts: 8,182
And1: 4,739
Joined: Jul 07, 2012
         

Re: AD Trade Thread #9 Everything's Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime. 

Post#597 » by chrisab123 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:11 am

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:Also Celtics still have Brown, Tatum and Hayward on this roster which to me is another issue that has to be worked out.


Rozier can't co exist with Smart and Hayward someone needs to go.
return2glory
RealGM
Posts: 14,001
And1: 5,938
Joined: Feb 24, 2005

Re: AD Trade Thread #9 Everything's Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime. 

Post#598 » by return2glory » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:12 am

brackdan70 wrote:
return2glory wrote:Danny needs to go out and get an underrated player that is a free agent. He is working hard out here in LA, working on his game. He is a former Laker coming off a strong season for the Pelicans.

Julius Randle. Not a star and trending up. He would be a nice piece. Not saying he should be a top choice but someone Danny and staff should be looking at. I believe he has a player option and will opt out if he hasn’t yet.

I doubt Washington will make Beal available.

I like Randle but don’t think we can snare him for the MLE...


Yup, nothing close to the MLE. Ainge has to create some cap space.
GregB
RealGM
Posts: 11,511
And1: 2,539
Joined: Sep 21, 2004
Location: South Shore, MA
     

Re: AD Trade Thread #9 Everything's Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime. 

Post#599 » by GregB » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:13 am

celticfan42487 wrote:
GregB wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
He just traded a ton for a rental in Irving.


Outside of the #8 nothing else mattered in that package.


So # 8 and "nothing else mattered" for Irving

vs a deal of

MEM pick, Tatum, Smart for AD.

Considering AD is a superior offensive player, and a far superior defender and rebounder.

You know what. IT doesn't **** matter. The point is Ainge just traded for a rental point blank.

And with that "huge" Nets trade, it's resulted in trading for one all-star in Irving. Who.Was.A.Rental

If your'e going to say that you that in "retrospective" it wasn't much. Well of course it wasn't IT NEVER IS, youth never pans out. You either have an MVP or you don't. You almost never lose a trade where the main piece is picks.

But whatever. Stop nitkpicking on every little thing that isn't making an excuse to celebrate.


I’m not celebrating anything. We made that Kyrie at a time when we thought we were going to be so good that their was no way he would leave.

Last year was an utter **** show and danny screwed the pooch.

He should have moved Rozier last offseason at the very least and he should have offered a Jaylen Brown package for Kawhi Leonard. But it’s much easier to say that after the fact.

At the time most of the board thought we made the right moves.

Danny better do something compelling in the offseason though. Because if we just resign Terry ,I am going to lose my ****.
chrisab123
General Manager
Posts: 8,182
And1: 4,739
Joined: Jul 07, 2012
         

Re: AD Trade Thread #9 Everything's Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime. 

Post#600 » by chrisab123 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:14 am

Saint Lazarus wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
ddb wrote:Welp. There goes that. Griffin caves in like a little bitch. Horrible return. Ingram has blood clot issues, Ball cant shoot and comes with Lavar, Hart is a fringe NBA guy. #4 pick in a 3 player draft. Rich Paul, LeBron James, AD and the Lakers win this deal.

For Boston. Kyrie is gone now. Ainge will go young and we will have a team we can root for and enemies we can despise.

**** Rich Paul and AD

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app


Brown and rozier attitude problems are on the same level of Irving's and without the skill set. Not all of us look at them as young talent easy to root for



No it's not lmfao


Its funny this came up Gasper was saying this morning that he kept hearing that Rozier had the worst attitude on the team all season and played a big role in the implosion. That being said if I'm Danny I'm offering all of our picks this year and Yabu for Ball. This draft is awful and Lavar wouldn't be that much of a clown show compared to the week after the loss that Scary Terry was. Plus the kid can facilitate.

Return to Boston Celtics