ImageImageImage

AD's Gone Thread #9, And Everything's Still Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime.

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

CTCeltsFan34
Junior
And1: 249

Re: AD Trade Thread #9 Everything's Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime. 

Post#661 » by CTCeltsFan34 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:07 am

FU Enjoy that Bron /Davis Achilles injury. If u have not noticed it's the new trend in Cali
LordBri14 wrote:8-)

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
Look at those Bobcats......There laying on the floor!!!...Improbable
NYCelticsfan136
Veteran
And1: 1,687

Post#662 » by NYCelticsfan136 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:08 am

return2glory wrote:
NYCelticsfan136 wrote:
return2glory wrote:
Hayward came here because of Brad.

Horford came here because of the money and hoping we are going to land KD.

Please name too free agents that have signed with the Celtics in the last 30 years other than Hayward and Horford?

A few would come with a really good coach and when we are winning. Brad is a very good coach and that will help out chances but Boston is nothing compared to LA for top free agents.

Why because it’s a huge market and hollywood?!! There’s other teams in the nba. The Celtics have a history of winning. Why won’t players want to play for this team? The media really loves to drive the lakers hype machine. I think that helps with free agents. It’s sickening .

It’s LA. The weather, the place. A lot of the NBA players love coming out here in the summer. None of them are like, let’s go to Detroit for the summer, or Philly.

This is the place to be in the United Stated when you have a lot of money like these guys. Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, Malibu, stars, fake people, lol. It’s just the way it is.

Guys like the Morris twins, Harden, Durant, Wall, Beal, I know for a fact are out here almost every summer. They work out here. Julius Randle is another guy I know that’s been out here for 4 weeks with his family. There are a bunch more that I don’t know about.

Idk. I find LA to be extremely overrated in terms of cities in the us. I can’t stand all that Hollywood crap. There’s other good nba franchises in the nba. This is the problem with the nba right now. All this goo goo gaga over Los Angeles. Off course they need to find a way and get that whiny pos some help.
AlCelticFan
General Manager
And1: 6,470

Post#663 » by AlCelticFan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:10 am

N.O. better hope that #4 pick turns into something special because a pile of Lakers trash youth isn't going to do squat. :lol:
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#664 » by Feed Your Head » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:11 am

CTCeltsFan34 wrote:FU Enjoy that Bron /Davis Achilles injury. If u have not noticed it's the new trend in Cali

Not okay man. Don't bother with that troll.
FeedReed
Starter
And1: 839

Post#665 » by FeedReed » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:12 am

StojkoVrankovic wrote:
NYCelticsfan136 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Lakers have 5 players after the trade. One is named Bonga. Another is Wagner. They don't even have a max slot. CHAMPIONSHIP!!

They’re trying to get kemba walker and other players. The nba just might let them cheat the cap a little.

They need to resign Rondo and get Redick, they have no shooting at all

i’m all for getting rondo back. he’s a dick, but it’s fun watching a PG who sees the floor and knows how to distribute. wouldn’t mind rubio either.
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#666 » by Edug27 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:12 am

CTCeltsFan34 wrote:FU Enjoy that Bron /Davis Achilles injury. If u have not noticed it's the new trend in Cali

Sheesh.
CTCeltsFan34
Junior
And1: 249

Post#667 » by CTCeltsFan34 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:13 am

Sorry man, just seen enough of him in here
The Comedian wrote:

Not okay man. Don't bother with that troll.

Look at those Bobcats......There laying on the floor!!!...Improbable
NYCelticsfan136
Veteran
And1: 1,687

Post#668 » by NYCelticsfan136 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:14 am

We will see what the pelicans will be. Can they actually win more than 30 games this upcoming season? I still feel like the package is complete trash but we will see.
StojkoVrankovic
RealGM
And1: 9,600

Post#669 » by StojkoVrankovic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:14 am

FeedReed wrote:
StojkoVrankovic wrote:
NYCelticsfan136 wrote:
They’re trying to get kemba walker and other players. The nba just might let them cheat the cap a little.

They need to resign Rondo and get Redick, they have no shooting at all

i’m all for getting rondo back. he’s a dick, but it’s fun watching a PG who sees the floor and knows how to distribute. wouldn’t mind rubio either.

I don't know if he would come back. He has clearly matured since his time here, but not sure about the fit
RIP texas celtic, 12/10/14 - 12/10/14
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#670 » by MagicBagley18 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:16 am

ddb wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
ddb wrote:Now is the time for Jayson Tatum & Jaylen Brown to blossom into superstars. They both have the talent.

22 and 21 years old. Hard to believe really. They have to flourish. They have shown signs...now it's time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

I know me and u have disagreed but trust me I’d love to hear one of your ainge is plotting posts now more than ever haha even tho it’s all about jb and Tatum
AD was there for the taking but Rich Paul warned Ainge privately and then publicly that it was a rental. Bunch of horse ****. Ainge is not happy. Cant really blame Ainge for not including Tatum.

Bradley Beal is a name being discussed internally, although again, not for Tatum. They have an interest in pairing the 2 St. Louis kids.

The next big thing is Horford. Boston would like to extend him for a few more seasons. Will be interesting to see what Horford wants to do. He loves Boston, but also wants to win. So him staying has alot to do with his faith in Danny buding a title contender.

Going to be a busy summer. I see a good 3-4 note worthy trades in the forecast for Boston. Probably 8-9 total transactions

The thing is to get Beal I’m not sure Jaylen brown gets him (I know other posters are coming for my neck for saying that ) I’m guessing the deal is brown smart Memphis to start.(again we are so far away from that just spitballing hypothetical’s bc it’s what we do)...I love Beal but as good as he is is he really a game changer? obviously next season is wide open but what about after that?

I just don’t see a player on the climate that elevates us to a championship level and now that can compete against a possible lakers super team that will run through the league. It’s not panic time I trust ainge but the last huge domino was AD maybe in a year harden becomes available but the cost of getting him leaves us bare
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,668

Post#671 » by The Corey's » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:18 am

Just so were clear. I'm very happy to keep Tatum.

I
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#672 » by ddb » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:18 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
ddb wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
I know me and u have disagreed but trust me I’d love to hear one of your ainge is plotting posts now more than ever haha even tho it’s all about jb and Tatum
AD was there for the taking but Rich Paul warned Ainge privately and then publicly that it was a rental. Bunch of horse ****. Ainge is not happy. Cant really blame Ainge for not including Tatum.

Bradley Beal is a name being discussed internally, although again, not for Tatum. They have an interest in pairing the 2 St. Louis kids.

The next big thing is Horford. Boston would like to extend him for a few more seasons. Will be interesting to see what Horford wants to do. He loves Boston, but also wants to win. So him staying has alot to do with his faith in Danny buding a title contender.

Going to be a busy summer. I see a good 3-4 note worthy trades in the forecast for Boston. Probably 8-9 total transactions

The thing is to get Beal I’m not sure Jaylen brown gets him (I know other posters are coming for my neck for saying that ) I’m guessing the deal is brown smart Memphis to start.(again we are so far away from that just spitballing hypothetical’s bc it’s what we do)...I love Beal but as good as he is is he really a game changer? obviously next season is wide open but what about after that?

I just don’t see a player on the climate that elevates us to a championship level and now that can compete against a possible lakers super team that will run through the league. It’s not panic time I trust ainge but the last huge domino was AD maybe in a year harden becomes available but the cost of getting him leaves us bare
Get ready for the Point Hayward experiment. Hayward will have the ball in his hands alot facilitating. He could be in line for comeback player of the year if Kyrie leaves.

robdog_5
Veteran
And1: 2,155

Post#673 » by robdog_5 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:19 am

Well it was fun to dream. Oh well. Time to move on. Does Danny get desperate and make a bitter move or does he just keep building.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#674 » by MagicBagley18 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:21 am

ddb wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
ddb wrote:AD was there for the taking but Rich Paul warned Ainge privately and then publicly that it was a rental. Bunch of horse ****. Ainge is not happy. Cant really blame Ainge for not including Tatum.

Get ready for the Point Hayward experiment. Hayward will have the ball in his hands alot facilitating. He could be in line for comeback player of the year if Kyrie leaves.

Love it and I’m down but again I think the wind was taken out of a lot of our sails because we felt like we were very close to banner 18 last off-season and now even this season if kyrie stayed and now to see other teams pass up at least momentarily just **** blows. It’s not ainge fault for this AD thing (I blame nutso kyrie) but it’s even compounded by the lakers getting what they want again and for many of who wanted kawhi and were told he’s a chemistry issue and JB is kawhi 2.0 just tough to be optimistic about our banner hopes but still very much to be excited about in Tatum.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#675 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:21 am

The worst case for us is that Horford gets like, 3/75 from the Clippers. Or that he takes the MLE to join a contender. Best case scenarios are that he stays here at a discount, or that we’re able to move him to a contender for value - there’s a high end and a low end for the return, but I’d think Houston, Portland, OKC would have interest. Maybe Denver..
AlCelticFan
General Manager
And1: 6,470

Post#676 » by AlCelticFan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:23 am

I am so relieved this damn deal got done, so we don't have to talk about it anymore. I just want to see hard fought team basketball again. The chuckfest that was last season turned me off. I've watched almost every game for 10+ years, and last year I skipped some games on purpose.

Ainge is very good at what he does. Sometimes you can't turn 2-7 into AA. You can't turn water to wine unless you're Jesus. Give the man a break!

Buy low sell high. There's no way next season cannot be better than this past, just on law of averages.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,411

Post#677 » by reload141 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:23 am

Beal for Smart, Brown and pick(s) is what id like to see too.

Rubio to be at the PG role

Rubio/Beal/Tatum/Hayward/Horford

Re-sign Morris and fill out the rest of the bench
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#678 » by Bill Bradley » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:23 am

I wanted Ainge to show some balls and trade for AD but the more I thought about it, I could see AD exaggerating a minor injury and sitting out most of the season. He’s a man child controlled by his agent and I seriously doubt he would have put much effort into helping the Celtics contend. So I’m happy a deal wasn’t made. I want to see how the kids do now.
tfribs45
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,013

Post#679 » by tfribs45 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:24 am

Blow this thread up..... it’s about time we move on from this one year rental. Tatums going to be the next PP baby and I’m glad Danny didn’t cave for a one year rental! Plenty of options out their and we have a ton of talent still. Let’s see how this summer plays out boys.
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#680 » by Edug27 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:25 am

reload141 wrote:Beal for Smart, Brown and pick(s) is what id like to see too.

Rubio to be at the PG role

Rubio/Beal/Tatum/Hayward/Horford

Re-sign Morris and fill out the rest of the bench

Yes! Agree. Except replace Rubio with Terry (pending the money isn’t absurd)

Return to Boston Celtics