ImageImageImage

What's plan B, C, D now?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Smeff10
Junior
And1: 287

Re: What's plan B, C, D now? 

Post#161 » by Smeff10 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:28 pm

Conley? Really? Are we serious? What is the point of that? We need to think a little long term.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Post#162 » by Darth Celtic » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:28 pm

SLCceltic wrote:Plan B has to involve Conley ....and then capella or KAT

We have the assets to acquire real talent
I firmly believe in DA !

Conley ship sailed with AD to LA
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#163 » by jmr07019 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:40 pm

Giannis is the obvious answer. Bucks will have a hard time just bringing last years team back. Good chance they are worse next year. If they don't win a title in the next 2 years I think Giannis leaves in FA. They will be good enough that I doubt they trade him. We obviously have substantial work to do in order to land the top FA. We will need a second star to pair with him.... possibly a third. Tatum could emerge as a star in the next 2 years or be used as trade bate to get that 2nd star.
Show Love Spread Love
SLCceltic
Veteran
And1: 1,680

Post#164 » by SLCceltic » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:45 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:

I firmly believe in DA !

Why ? Conley's not a huge drop off from Kyrie ..esp in Brad's system

I think Boston would love Conley
OR Kemba
ROYALGREEN
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,872

Post#165 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:47 pm

SLCceltic wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:

I firmly believe in DA !

Why ? Conley's not a huge drop off from Kyrie ..esp in Bead's system

I think Boston would love Conley !
OR Kemba !

We don't have enough salary to match for Conley. Without gutting the roster or losing either Hayward/Horford.
No cap space for Kemba.
SLCceltic
Veteran

Post#166 » by SLCceltic » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:02 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
SLCceltic wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:Conley ship sailed with AD to LA

OR Kemba !

We don't have enough salary to match for Conley. Without gutting the roster or losing either Hayward/Horford.
No cap space for Kemba.

Rozier &Morris S&T (12-15m each) we were going to pay Kyrie we can absorb Conley or pay Kemba .... include Horford if there is a 2nd phase where we receive a dominate BIG

Ainge needs to cash in some assets on nonAD talent ...we have the assets to make anything happen...
ROYALGREEN
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,446

Post#167 » by SichtingLives » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:08 pm

Most of the plans for this season become developmental. Brown needs to take a big 4th year leap. I agree he was much better than most gave him credit for last year....but as a role player. This year he needs to be the 4th year breakout 3rd pick of the draft that has been expected of him all along. A guy who can live up to third banana status. MAybe even second banana. Gonna need that now both for this team and for his value.

Tatum gets the keys and he needs to drive it. "he's only 20whatever" is a full rearviewmirror meme now. All star season? Gotta be close. He's well seasoned now. Shouldn't be an issue unless he spends another summer learning how to chuck like its 1995.

Hayward has to be Hayward again. 100%, 93%, 86%, whatever. He needs to be whatever he is now but consistent and aggressive.

If Terry is back, he better be a ************ NBA caliber starting point guard, zero exceptions. For all his bs, don't even get me started cupcake.

Like it or not, this has become the thing we just spent 6 years building. All of that weight that was on Kyrie last year is now on them. They will be lucky as f (if) that they still have Horford, Smart, Baynes to roll with. Can't ask for better veteran teammates than that.

Spoiler:
Or maybe we scrap the whole thing and build around Marcus Morris
Spoiler:
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,872

Post#168 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:14 pm

SLCceltic wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
SLCceltic wrote:

OR Kemba !

No cap space for Kemba.

Rozier &Morris S&T (12-15m each) we were going to pay Kyrie we can absorb Conley or pay Kemba .... include Horford if there is a 2nd phase where we receive a dominate BIG

Ainge needs to cash in some assets on nonAD talent ...we have the assets to make anything happen...

S&Ts aren't realistic. The particular scenario of getting Morris and Rozier to agree to play for lottery teams would be outrageous.
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#169 » by GoGreen » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:15 pm

Don't need a top notch point guard. Terry is decent enough. Historically, we need guys like Jaylen and Jayson to develop. Also, hope we can grab an elite player that actually wants to stay here. Whether through trade or the draft. This is a wings and bigs league, always has been.
SLCceltic
Veteran

Post#170 » by SLCceltic » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:29 pm

Jurry wrote:Most of the plans for this season become developmental. Brown needs to take a big 4th year leap. I agree he was much better than most gave him credit for last year....but as a role player. This year he needs to be the 4th year breakout 3rd pick of the draft that has been expected of him all along. A guy who can live up to third banana status. MAybe even second banana. Gonna need that now both for this team and for his value.

Tatum gets the keys and he needs to drive it. "he's only 20whatever" is a full rearviewmirror meme now. All star season? Gotta be close. He's well seasoned now. Shouldn't be an issue unless he spends another summer learning how to chuck like its 1995.

Hayward has to be Hayward again. 100%, 93%, 86%, whatever. He needs to be whatever he is now but consistent and aggressive.

If Terry is back, he better be a ************ NBA caliber starting point guard, zero exceptions. For all his bs, don't even get me started cupcake.

Like it or not, this has become the thing we just spent 6 years building. All of that weight that was on Kyrie last year is now on them. They will be lucky as f (if) that they still have Horford, Smart, Baynes to roll with. Can't ask for better veteran teammates than that.

Spoiler:
Or maybe we scrap the whole thing and build around Marcus Morris
Spoiler:

Definitely need to let JT &JB develop ....but I can't see Ainge settling for Rozier after IT4 and Kyrie Irving ....he has to be all in on nonAD talent as he was all in on AD

ROzier and Morris would agree to play anywhere if it brought long-term security ! Both want the ball ...lottery teams looking to make playoffs would be great for both !
ROYALGREEN
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#171 » by Darth Celtic » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:38 pm

SLCceltic wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
SLCceltic wrote:

OR Kemba !

No cap space for Kemba.

I don't think you can double sign and trade for 1 guy.

To get Conley we would have to trade Hayward. And as he's a longer contract, we'd have to give up picks too. And at 32 he doesn't fit the timeline for our team of 20 -24 year olds.
SLCceltic
Veteran

Post#172 » by SLCceltic » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:38 pm

We need a scoring 1 and a dominate BIG !
Both very attainable
ROYALGREEN
SLCceltic
Veteran

Post#173 » by SLCceltic » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:50 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
SLCceltic wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:We don't have enough salary to match for Conley. Without gutting the roster or losing either Hayward/Horford.
No cap space for Kemba.

To get Conley we would have to trade Hayward. And as he's a longer contract, we'd have to give up picks too. And at 32 he doesn't fit the timeline for our team of 20 -24 year olds.

TR MM and 2 of our 3 1st round picks...
We have to replace Kyrie ....they have to replace Conley.
Mook would be a nice scorer for them and help fill out $$ to make trade work .....or figure something else out ...we need a scoring 1 &a dominate BIG to roll with JT JB and GH ....idk TR better not be our opening night 1 !!
ROYALGREEN
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#174 » by Darth Celtic » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:52 pm

SLCceltic wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
SLCceltic wrote:

Mook would be a nice scorer for them and help fill out $$ to make trade work .....or figure something else out ...we need a scoring 1 &a dominate BIG to roll with JT JB and GH ....idk TR better not be our opening night 1 !!

again, we are banking on JT/JB/Smart/Timelord and this years picks now. you don't trade any young assets for 32 year old pg making 32m and 34m a year. Just makes no sense. It only made sense if we got AD and wanted a 1 year shot at a championship like the Raptors did.
SLCceltic
Veteran

Post#175 » by SLCceltic » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:31 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
SLCceltic wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:I don't think you can double sign and trade for 1 guy.

again, we are banking on JT/JB/Smart/Timelord and this years picks now. you don't trade any young assets for 32 year old pg making 32m and 34m a year. Just makes no sense. It only made sense if we got AD and wanted a 1 year shot at a championship like the Raptors did.

That ain't **** we have to get a scoring 1 and legit mentor for Timelord if that is the plan
Chris Paul makes some sense ..dAndre Jordan something ! Add 2/3deadly shooters to Brads system all good in post Golden State warrior NBA ...
ROYALGREEN
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,369

Post#176 » by Red2 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:19 pm

draft Bol Bol, Tacko Fall and the big stiff from Europe and just throw lobs passes all game long ( joke). Lest we forget last year's team was dysfunctional so even though part of me wants Kyrie back because of his talent, I KNOW we will be a better team without him. Rozier was a part of the problem as well but I think he can be rehabilitated and if nothing else we can turn him into a trade able asset. Horford comes back on a reduced deal and maybe Morris returns as well . I know Danny doesn't want 3 more rookies so as much as I love the draft I have to believe he is going to try and package those picks somehow either to move up in the draft or for a veteran player.Assuming we keep the 14 pick I think we're taking Tyler Herro. word is he hit 80 out of 100 3's during his workout. we need shooters so I think he's on our radar. Maybe he slips to 20 but I don't think so. At 20 or 22 I'd take Bol Bol if he's there. Yes he's toothpick and will undoubtedly get injured but he's a more talented player than his father and will give us O and D. At 20 or 22 he's worth taking a shot on. I think Kevin Porter is worth a look as well but we could use some size up front especially if Morris leaves so maybe another big.
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
FlyBono
Sophomore
And1: 75

Post#177 » by FlyBono » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:23 am

Punt
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,696

Post#178 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:27 am

Plan T.

T is for tank.
*Insert witty signature here.*
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#179 » by Celtics_Champs » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:51 am

Crazy this team just went from an off year to completely dismantled.

I honestly don’t know what to do and where to go. Crazy part is I don’t think Ainge does either. I feel like he could still swing some moves to keep us competitive. Or he could just let the young kids run and trade for the number 4 pick.

I’m excited to see what happens but also nervous.
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,446

Post#180 » by SichtingLives » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:51 am

reeeeeeeeeeee mixxxxx

onto plan C

which I think was "Fluck! I sure hope plan A or B works...because if not Im just a guy sittin here in muh underpants eatin this burrito"
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways

Return to Boston Celtics