ImageImageImage

Fire Danny Ainge

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,108

Re: Fire Danny Ainge 

Post#301 » by fallguy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:49 pm

Is the Fire Ainge brigade willing to give him more than a three-day offseason? Or do you want him gone now?
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#302 » by ermocrate » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:49 pm

fallguy wrote:
ermocrate wrote:
Bar Fight wrote:Lebron
KD
Steph
Kawhi
Harden
Giannis
AD

Which one of these guys is Kyrie better than?

One or multiple players...

Kyrie's like the 15th best guy in the league.

In your opinions... Anyway it's not an easy task to stay objective after a season like this for a Kyrie-led team.
"Negativity in this town sucks"
fallguy
Head Coach

Post#303 » by fallguy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:50 pm

ermocrate wrote:
fallguy wrote:
ermocrate wrote:One or multiple players...

Kyrie's like the 15th best guy in the league.

In your opinions... Anyway it's not an easy task to stay objective after a season like this for a Kyrie-led team.

That's fair. It's been an irritating **** year for sure.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,176

Post#304 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Bad-Thoma wrote:
TheTruth316 wrote:I hate to be the one that says I told you so. But I told you so. But you laughed and scorned. Tragedy .. This is a mess, can Ainge clean it up. Nope, he has nothing left ...

The **** are you even talking about? Lol. This board needs some flowers for Algernon, and fast.

There's a reason the best posters on this board are all leaving. This **** has gone downhill fast. Nobody even for a second thinks Ainge knows wtf he is doing? Like seriously? Did he just fall onto the general managers seat or what? Wow.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Post#305 » by Darth Celtic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:01 pm

Hard to beat the Lakers offer but not because of players. Jb smart and timelord is better than the Lakers players traded. But look at those picks.

4 this year.
Unprotected first in 21 when LeBron is 37.
Pick swap in 22 when LeBron is 38.
Unprotected first I. 23 when LeBron is 39.
Pick swap in 24 at 40.

The Lakers have Ad and an aging LeBron with 5 players and 30 million in cap room to build a team. Almost no free agent or drat help for seven years. This might end up being the nets deal all over.

If we did that we were ****.

Sure. Add in Tatum instead and we give up a lot less picks than that. Still ****.

No wonder the owners vetoed it. Is was all in for AD but had no idea what they were going to get from the Lakers in picks and swaps.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using RealGM mobile app
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,247

Post#306 » by djFan71 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:35 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:Hard to beat the Lakers offer but not because of players. Jb smart and timelord is better than the Lakers players traded. But look at those picks.

4 this year.
Pick swap in 24 at 40.

The Lakers have Ad and an aging LeBron with 5 players and 30 million in cap room to build a team. Almost no free agent or drat help for seven years. This might end up being the nets deal all over.

Sure. Add in Tatum instead and we give up a lot less picks than that. Still ****.

No wonder the owners vetoed it. Is was all in for AD but had no idea what they were going to get from the Lakers in picks and swaps.

Yep, once I saw the pick package, I thought Griffin made a great trade. Sure they still have AD while LeBron is old, but you're relying on LAL mgmt to keep a contender around him with no picks to work with in trades. One of those suckers is gonna be gold.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,247

Post#307 » by djFan71 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:36 pm

Leprechaun18 wrote:
Tyakack wrote:After having some time to calm down and clear my head I just wanna say......................fire danny, trade everyone, and <redacted> this team. :)

<redacted> yourself!

Let's not do this stuff. But thanks to both of you for dropping it there.
Scarletfire81
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,459

Post#308 » by Scarletfire81 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:46 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:Hard to beat the Lakers offer but not because of players. Jb smart and timelord is better than the Lakers players traded. But look at those picks.

4 this year.
Pick swap in 24 at 40.

They will have draft picks when it's pick swap. They just won't be high draft picks.
CSL_1904
Veteran
And1: 3,479

Post#309 » by CSL_1904 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:47 pm

fallguy wrote:Is the Fire Ainge brigade willing to give him more than a three-day offseason? Or do you want him gone now?

Should've gone yesterday
JR Hawks
Starter
And1: 899

Post#310 » by JR Hawks » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:59 pm

Scarletfire81 wrote:

4 this year.
Pick swap in 24 at 40.

They will have draft picks when it's pick swap. They just won't be high draft picks.

Those picks will be garbage. Everybody wants to play in LA.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#311 » by Darth Celtic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:01 pm

JR Hawks wrote:
Scarletfire81 wrote:

4 this year.
Pick swap in 24 at 40.

So. With ad making 40 m on new deal and LeBron 40 million how they going to sign everyone.

JR Hawks
Starter

Post#312 » by JR Hawks » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:03 pm

CSL_1904 wrote:
fallguy wrote:Is the Fire Ainge brigade willing to give him more than a three-day offseason? Or do you want him gone now?

Should've gone yesterday

I'd prefer he and Austin be gone before the draft. We really don't want them making more picks.
fallguy
Head Coach

Post#313 » by fallguy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:03 pm

JR Hawks wrote:
CSL_1904 wrote:

Should've gone yesterday

I'd prefer he and Austin be gone before the draft. We really don't want them making more picks.

How old are you?
JR Hawks
Starter

Post#314 » by JR Hawks » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:07 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
JR Hawks wrote:
Scarletfire81 wrote:

So. With ad making 40 m on new deal and LeBron 40 million how they going to sign everyone.

They've got years to trade salary, clear salary, etc. They have absolutely nothing to worry about. Oh, and they're going to have one of the Top 5 players in the game in his prime! We just set up the Lakers for the next 5+ years.
JR Hawks
Starter

Post#315 » by JR Hawks » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:09 pm

fallguy wrote:
JR Hawks wrote:
CSL_1904 wrote:Should've gone yesterday

How old are you?

Old enough to not be a fanboy ;)
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#316 » by Darth Celtic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:09 pm

JR Hawks wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
JR Hawks wrote:

They've got years to trade salary, clear salary, etc. They have absolutely nothing to worry about. Oh, and they're going to have one of the Top 5 players in the game in his prime! We just set up the Lakers for the next 5+ years.
They have had years to do it. How many of the last 6 years have they made the playoffs? They won't have salary to move around because LeBron and ad will take up almost all of it.

BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#317 » by BostonCouchGM » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:15 pm

4 this year.
Pick swap in 24 at 40.

they'll be coming off a likely deep playoff run from 2020 so the pick should be in the high 20s

they'll still have AD and the other FA they'll land in a couple of weeks and this pick should be in the 20s

they'll still have AD and the other FA they'll land in a couple of weeks and this pick should be in the 20s

Pick swap in 24 at 40.

maybe a lottery pick by this time

JB, Smart and Williams is NOT better than the Lakers players. But subbing in Tatum for Williams would have been. And our future picks would have been as good if not better than the Lakers. Ainge could have beaten the deal. The difference obviously is that AD wanted LA and will re-sign so you can't fault Ainge for passing on this trade one bit.
JR Hawks
Starter

Post#318 » by JR Hawks » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:16 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
JR Hawks wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:So. With ad making 40 m on new deal and LeBron 40 million how they going to sign everyone.

They have had years to do it. How many of the last 6 years have they made the playoffs? They won't have salary to move around because LeBron and ad will take up almost all of it.

The Lebron, AD, max player trio with Kuzma,, Rondo, etc is going to win at least one championship and likely more. Vet players will be lining up for the minimum to play with them. The days of the Lakers not making the playoffs are over.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#319 » by Darth Celtic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:19 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:

4 this year.
Pick swap in 24 at 40.

they'll be coming off a likely deep playoff run from 2020 so the pick should be in the high 20s

Pick swap in 24 at 40.

maybe a lottery pick by this time

JB, Smart and Williams is NOT better than the Lakers players. But subbing in Tatum for Williams would have been. And our future picks would have been as good if not better than the Lakers. Ainge could have beaten the deal. The difference obviously is that AD wanted LA and will re-sign so you can't fault Ainge for passing on this trade one bit.
You do know LeBron has 3 more years at 40m plus right? All those years you listed them signing free agents is completely false. By the time LeBron leaves and they have free agent money the pelicans will be done controlling the picks. The only way this works out for LeBron is if he is still top 3 player in the league till 39.

KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#320 » by KGboss » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:19 pm

JR Hawks wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
JR Hawks wrote:

The Lebron, AD, max player trio with Kuzma,, Rondo, etc is going to win at least one championship and likely more. Vet players will be lining up for the minimum to play with them. The days of the Lakers not making the playoffs are over.
Nah they wont.

Not feeling it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Return to Boston Celtics