ImageImageImage

Fire Danny Ainge

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

JR Hawks
Starter
And1: 899

Re: Fire Danny Ainge 

Post#321 » by JR Hawks » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:21 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:Hard to beat the Lakers offer but not because of players. Jb smart and timelord is better than the Lakers players traded. But look at those picks.

4 this year.
Unprotected first in 21 when LeBron is 37.
Pick swap in 22 when LeBron is 38.
Unprotected first I. 23 when LeBron is 39.
Pick swap in 24 at 40.

The Lakers have Ad and an aging LeBron with 5 players and 30 million in cap room to build a team. Almost no free agent or drat help for seven years. This might end up being the nets deal all over.

If we did that we were ****.

Sure. Add in Tatum instead and we give up a lot less picks than that. Still ****.

No wonder the owners vetoed it. Is was all in for AD but had no idea what they were going to get from the Lakers in picks and swaps.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using RealGM mobile app

Unprotected first in 21 when LeBron is 37.

they'll be coming off a likely deep playoff run from 2020 so the pick should be in the high 20s

Pick swap in 22 when LeBron is 38.

they'll still have AD and the other FA they'll land in a couple of weeks and this pick should be in the 20s

Unprotected first I. 23 when LeBron is 39.

they'll still have AD and the other FA they'll land in a couple of weeks and this pick should be in the 20s

Pick swap in 24 at 40.

maybe a lottery pick by this time

JB, Smart and Williams is NOT better than the Lakers players. But subbing in Tatum for Williams would have been. And our future picks would have been as good if not better than the Lakers. Ainge could have beaten the deal. The difference obviously is that AD wanted LA and will re-sign so you can't fault Ainge for passing on this trade one bit.

Griffin is going to look like a fool with all those picks in the 20's. He's off to a poor start in the quest to keep Zion.
aim2please
Starter
And1: 3,255

Post#322 » by aim2please » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:22 pm

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:Ainge had a royal flush and checked on the river

So, he still won the pot?
JR Hawks
Starter

Post#323 » by JR Hawks » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:23 pm

KGboss wrote:
JR Hawks wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:They have had years to do it. How many of the last 6 years have they made the playoffs? They won't have salary to move around because LeBron and ad will take up almost all of it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using RealGM mobile app

The Lebron, AD, max player trio with Kuzma,, Rondo, etc is going to win at least one championship and likely more. Vet players will be lining up for the minimum to play with them. The days of the Lakers not making the playoffs are over.
Nah they wont.

Not feeling it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's the denial talking.
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#324 » by CeltsfaninDC » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:26 pm

The Corey's wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:
The Corey's wrote:Dont forget. This is the same Danny ainge who offered something like 3 first round picks to move up a couple spots for justin Winslow.

So when he goes for it you criticize him. When he doesn't go for it you criticize him.

Got it

My dude. It was his judgement on trial in the post. 3 first rounders for Winslow

Not 3 first rounders for Davis.

Anything else I can spell out for you?

Sure. Why do you criticize him both for going for it and not going for it? Winslow was someone that many people thought highly of...... It's not that much of a stretch
JR Hawks
Starter

Post#325 » by JR Hawks » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:30 pm

CeltsfaninDC wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:So when he goes for it you criticize him. When he doesn't go for it you criticize him.

Got it

My dude. It was his judgement on trial in the post. 3 first rounders for Winslow

Sure. Why do you criticize him both for going for it and not going for it? Winslow was someone that many people thought highly of...... It's not that much of a stretch

Winslow, the Duke player, is not comparable to AD, the all-NBA player.
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#326 » by KGboss » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:33 pm

JR Hawks wrote:
KGboss wrote:
JR Hawks wrote:
The Lebron, AD, max player trio with Kuzma,, Rondo, etc is going to win at least one championship and likely more. Vet players will be lining up for the minimum to play with them. The days of the Lakers not making the playoffs are over.
Nah they wont.

Not feeling it.

That's the denial talking.
You too fam

CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#327 » by CeltsfaninDC » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:48 pm

The Corey's wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:
The Corey's wrote:Dont forget. This is the same Danny ainge who offered something like 3 first round picks to move up a couple spots for justin Winslow.

So when he goes for it you criticize him. When he doesn't go for it you criticize him.

Got it

Sure. Why do you criticize him both for going for it and not going for it?

Winslow was someone that many people thought highly of...... It's not that much of a stretch
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,698

Post#328 » by return2glory » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:28 pm

I want one thing for people to remember. 29 other GM’s didn’t get AD. 29 other GMs didn’t get Leonard. It’s not like we are the only team in the league with “assets.”

The Lakers got AD. Does this mean Rob freakin Pelinka is a better GM than Danny Ainge or the other GMs in the league?

The reason the Lakers got AD and no one else got him is because AD wanted to be a Laker, period. He had one year left on his contract and he was going to walk wherever he got traded to, other than LA.

I’m not defending Danny because he has flaws like anyone else and he is far from being a great GM.

But just remember there are actually people in LA, at this moment giving Pelinka credit for this trade.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,971

Post#329 » by SuperDeluxe » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:37 pm

return2glory wrote:The reason the Lakers got AD and no one else got him is because AD wanted to be a Laker, period.

For AD it was a tough choice between the City of Glitter and the City of Champions.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#330 » by BostonCouchGM » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:11 pm

return2glory wrote:I want one thing for people to remember. 29 other GM’s didn’t get AD. 29 other GMs didn’t get Leonard. It’s not like we are the only team in the league with “assets.”

The Lakers got AD. Does this mean Rob freakin Pelinka is a better GM than Danny Ainge or the other GMs in the league?

The reason the Lakers got AD and no one else got him is because AD wanted to be a Laker, period. He had one year left on his contract and he was going to walk wherever he got traded to, other than LA.

I’m not defending Danny because he has flaws like anyone else and he is far from being a great GM.

But just remember there are actually people in LA, at this moment giving Pelinka credit for this trade.

Imagine NOT giving Pelinka credit. The guy currently has two of the top 5 players in the NBA. He didn't have to give up Kuzma. He didn't have to give up Bonga. He's giving up potentially high future picks but only if things absolutely implode. Unless AD and/or Lebron get injured, those picks should be in the late 20s. I personally think Ingram and Ball are great players. But Ball and Lebron would never work because Lebron can't play off ball. Ingram has just a year left on his contract and was injured. Hart is a role playing throw in. Unlike Danny, Pelinka actually used his assets to acquire a star. There isn't anyone who'd prefer to be the Celtics today rather than the Lakers. So why shouldn't Pelinka get some credit? NOP did not want to deal with the Lakers. He overcame that with an overwhelming offer. He deserves some praise for this. He still has work to do and cap space to work with. Meanwhile in Boston we should be a treadmill team for the foreseeable future.
JR Hawks
Starter

Post#331 » by JR Hawks » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:38 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:
return2glory wrote:I want one thing for people to remember. 29 other GM’s didn’t get AD. 29 other GMs didn’t get Leonard. It’s not like we are the only team in the league with “assets.”

Imagine NOT giving Pelinka credit. The guy currently has two of the top 5 players in the NBA. He didn't have to give up Kuzma. He didn't have to give up Bonga. He's giving up potentially high future picks but only if things absolutely implode. Unless AD and/or Lebron get injured, those picks should be in the late 20s. I personally think Ingram and Ball are great players. But Ball and Lebron would never work because Lebron can't play off ball. Ingram has just a year left on his contract and was injured. Hart is a role playing throw in. Unlike Danny, Pelinka actually used his assets to acquire a star. There isn't anyone who'd prefer to be the Celtics today rather than the Lakers. So why shouldn't Pelinka get some credit? NOP did not want to deal with the Lakers. He overcame that with an overwhelming offer. He deserves some praise for this. He still has work to do and cap space to work with. Meanwhile in Boston we should be a treadmill team for the foreseeable future.

Pelinka and Rich Paul pwnd Danny. That can't even be argued.
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,152

Post#332 » by druggas » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:47 pm

Between Boston and LA, who had the better assets to get the deal done? If Tatum was the prize in the trade, then Pelinka did good. And one last thing to mention here after reading all these pages, is that both Ainge and Magic tore up their locker room because they couldn't keep the trade behind closed doors the first time it came about.
return2glory
RealGM

Post#333 » by return2glory » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:48 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:

Lebron went to LA for one reason. And it’s the same reason AD went to LA. And that’s because they want to play in Los Angeles. No one had to convince Lebron to go to LA. His mind was made. If anyone deserves credit for getting him to LA was Magic, not Pelinka.
return2glory
RealGM

Post#334 » by return2glory » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:52 pm

druggas wrote:

Between Boston and LA, who had the better assets to get the deal done? If Tatum was the prize in the trade, then Pelinka did good. And one last thing to mention here after reading all these pages, is that both Ainge and Magic tore up their locker room because they couldn't keep the trade behind closed doors the first time it came about.

Why would Ainge give up key assets for a one year rental. AD was going to go and play for your team after his one year was up in Boston.
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,152

Post#335 » by druggas » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:55 pm

return2glory wrote:
druggas wrote:

Why would Ainge give up key assets for a one year rental. AD was going to go and play for your team after his one year was up in Boston.

But if Toronto played it safe like you guys, they wouldn't be world champions. And your 1 year rental isn't a fact, it's an opinion.
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,110

Post#336 » by fallguy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:09 pm

JR Hawks wrote:
fallguy wrote:
JR Hawks wrote:
I'd prefer he and Austin be gone before the draft. We really don't want them making more picks.

How old are you?

Old enough to not be a fanboy ;)

Your analysis is juvenile. Or you're just ranting angrily.

Either way, it's post after post of childishness.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,317

Post#337 » by chrisab123 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:10 pm

JR Hawks wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:

Pelinka did nothing. This was all Rich Paul and LeGM. Pelinka is a joke and is allowed to ride the wave because Rich Paul and LeBron allow for it.
return2glory
RealGM

Post#338 » by return2glory » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:12 pm

druggas wrote:
return2glory wrote:
druggas wrote:Between Boston and LA, who had the better assets to get the deal done? If Tatum was the prize in the trade, then Pelinka did good. And one last thing to mention here after reading all these pages, is that both Ainge and Magic tore up their locker room because they couldn't keep the trade behind closed doors the first time it came about.

But if Toronto played it safe like you guys, they wouldn't be world champions. And your 1 year rental isn't a fact, it's an opinion.

It’s an opinion that would have turned into a fact. AD wanted to go to the Lakers. This wasn’t a case of KG being here because we had Pierce and Ray at the time.

AD wanted LA. His agent wanted him to go to LA. His dad wanted him to go to LA. I can confirm that about his dad saying that over 6 months ago because it hit the sports world. He dad talked about AD and his plans for moving to LA and being there full time, not just for summer in his new mansion in Westlake Village, CA.

Westlake Village is not a place where NBA players usually buy houses. They usually buy in Beverly Hills, Calabasas, Hidden Hills, Newport Beach, Manhattan Beach, or Malibu. The rookies usually live Playa Vista. You don’t think of Westlake Village as a summer house. That’s a great little, hidden town.
derblitzenator
Sophomore
And1: 96

Post#339 » by derblitzenator » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:12 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:

Pelinka was gift wrapped AD by his agent. Only 2 teams had a big incentive to use their trade chips to acquire AD. The other 28 teams were valuing AD as a rental. The Lakers were the only team with the trade chips and the assurance that AD would resign with them.
derblitzenator
Sophomore
And1: 96

Post#340 » by derblitzenator » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:23 pm

JR Hawks wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:

Ainge was the primary reason why the Lakers didn't get AD at midseason. The Pelicans were still holding out hope that Tatum would be part of a bigger trade package and decided to hold until the offseason. Rich Paul had egg on his face and the Lakers fell apart ruining Lebron's playoff streak.

The Lakers eventually got the last laugh. Getting that 4th pick was a major key to the deal. Ingram's blood clot issues are more vetted out. Rich Paul only gave 2 teams an incentive to go all in and got his wish. Ultimately, AD didn't want to be in Boston long-term and that's why Ainge withheld the premium asset (Tatum) to get a deal done.

Return to Boston Celtics