ImageImageImage

Fire Danny Ainge

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,115

Re: Fire Danny Ainge 

Post#361 » by fallguy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:01 am

WHO THE **** DO YOU PEOPLE THINK YOU'RE GOING TO HIRE TO REPLACE HIM?
Maple Green
Starter
And1: 79

Post#362 » by Maple Green » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:05 am

Trust Danny A. I know he had a lot of many surprises
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#363 » by SmartWentCrazy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:15 am

The Comedian wrote:
D.Brasco wrote:
druggas wrote:I personally don't believe Ainge should be fired, but do you want your GM to swing for the fences, or play it safe?

And one last nugget here, Jerry West once said, "If you have a shot at getting a superstar, you take it".

Depends if that GM is Masai I guess?

You really came here to say that?

You wouldve thought winning cured insecurity...
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,717

Post#364 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:34 am

Bleedsgreen wrote:https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/06/nba-draft-performance-grades-best-drafting-teams-picks-2007-2016
Been beating this drum in the other thread but Dunno Fire Danny but we need to improve our Drafting. Being Middle of the pack is not going to cut it. Kinda kills me on this list seeing the best players , Big Baby, Sullenger, Etwuan

On that list, the Celtics were ranked immediately below the Warriors. That said, good for the article writers for explaining numerous flaws in their methodology.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
CSL_1904
Veteran
And1: 3,479

Post#365 » by CSL_1904 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:35 am

JR Hawks wrote:
CSL_1904 wrote:
fallguy wrote:Is the Fire Ainge brigade willing to give him more than a three-day offseason? Or do you want him gone now?

Should've gone yesterday

I'd prefer he and Austin be gone before the draft. We really don't want them making more picks.

Exactly. There's nothing in his recent track record to suggest he's capable of making good use of those picks.
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,825

Post#366 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:00 am

Whatever the end result is, in Danny I trust. He's proven me wrong many times. Let's see what the result is once all the assets we have are gone. Only then will I change my mind about him... for better or worse.

Although the truth is, I did lose a little trust in him, but not too much for me to deter away from him.
scottyno
Junior
And1: 542

Post#367 » by scottyno » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:28 am

BigTrade92 wrote:
scottyno wrote:Absolutely insane that this is an 18 page thread, if Hayward doesn't break his leg 5 minutes into a season they almost definitely make the finals at least once, Kyrie probably stays, and you have both a top team right now, and are set up great for the next 5-10 years and no one has a bad thing to say about Ainge.

And if KG doesn’t tweak his knee, Ainge has a 3-peat on his resume....what ifs are fun, but they’re still just what ifs.

Results are what matter and you deal with the reality of what goes down. Ainge has underachieved and whether bad luck has played a part or not, it still has been an underachieving 16 years in Boston.

1 title, 2 conference titles, and 5 conference finals appearances in 16 years, with 5 or 6 teams that coming into the year you could realistically see having a shot to win a title is underachieving in a 30 team league where when he took over they were the literal definition of a treadmill team with 1 good asset? what exactly would you have expected in the next 16 years if could go back to 2003 and look at that roster.
fallguy
Head Coach

Post#368 » by fallguy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:30 am

CSL_1904 wrote:
JR Hawks wrote:
CSL_1904 wrote:Should've gone yesterday

I'd prefer he and Austin be gone before the draft. We really don't want them making more picks.

Exactly. There's nothing in his recent track record to suggest he's capable of making good use of those picks.

Because firing your GM less than a week before the draft is smart business.

Jesus Christ.
BigTrade92
General Manager
And1: 10,685

Post#369 » by BigTrade92 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:43 am

scottyno wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:
scottyno wrote:Absolutely insane that this is an 18 page thread, if Hayward doesn't break his leg 5 minutes into a season they almost definitely make the finals at least once, Kyrie probably stays, and you have both a top team right now, and are set up great for the next 5-10 years and no one has a bad thing to say about Ainge.

And if KG doesn’t tweak his knee, Ainge has a 3-peat on his resume....what ifs are fun, but they’re still just what ifs.

Results are what matter and you deal with the reality of what goes down. Ainge has underachieved and whether bad luck has played a part or not, it still has been an underachieving 16 years in Boston.

1 title, 2 conference titles, and 5 conference finals appearances in 16 years, with 5 or 6 teams that coming into the year you could realistically see having a shot to win a title is underachieving in a 30 team league where when he took over they were the literal definition of a treadmill team with 1 good asset? what exactly would you have expected in the next 16 years if could go back to 2003 and look at that roster.

For the millionth time so all can see: No one is saying Ainge has done a terrible job here.

He’s done a commendable job and deserves a ton of praise. But he’s lost his luster and it’s time for a new voice.

The Ainge disciples in here are brainwashed. It’s reminiscent of Bulls fans who defend Gar Forman and John Paxson. It’s okay for change to happen. It’s the natural order of life.

How some of you are okay with no titles in over a decade and the Lakers on the verge of passing us is pure insanity....
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,977

Post#370 » by SuperDeluxe » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:50 am

BigTrade92 wrote:The Ainge disciples in here are brainwashed.

If you say so...
BigTrade92
General Manager

Post#371 » by BigTrade92 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:51 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:

If you say so...

Thanks, I think I’ve said so quite a lot, but I’m glad I got you to reaffirm what I've said... :roll:
soxfan2003
RealGM
And1: 4,178

Post#372 » by soxfan2003 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:54 am

scottyno wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:

Ainge had one great asset in PP and a good to very good one in Antoine Walker. Walker wasn't the player some Celtics fans thought but he was still top 35 NBA player and Ainge valued him like he a scrub in that LaFrentz deal. Walker has his worst playoff series against a real bad matchup for him in Kenyon Martin which temporarily depresses a player value. Ainge should have supported Walker publicly like he did Kyrie Irving and then traded him before the deadline the next season when his value inevitably re-inflated. Instead, he did a bad deal with Dallas where he didn't get properly compensated for taking on 6 years of Raef LaFrentz. Dallas desperate to get out of it.

I am no big Antoine Walker fan but the truth of the matter an older Walker who wasn't as good was arguably the 3rd best player -- obviously way behind Wade/Shaq -- on a Miami Heat team that won the championship.

I said it over a year before Ainge was named GM and around the time he was named gm as well that the Celtics should have traded Walker for a 2 year terrible contract plus 2-3 good picks. Then try to win with Pierce in a few years.

Ainge inherited a top 10 situation in the entire NBA but made the situation much worse due to the bad Walker trade but thanks to the best drafting of his career/some good moves and him arguably being friends with McHale/Wyc willing to spend money back in 2007-8, he recovered in time for the Celtics to still when it when Pierce was great.

PP and Walker to a lesser extent had already proven themselves. They had made the Celtics relevant again for the first time since the days of Larry Bird. They led the Celtics to the ECFinals without much help and that Celtics team relatively speaking was probably better than the 2017-18 playoff team. And had a roster with a better star player. The 2003 Celtics took a step back because ownership back then wasn't spending the money in order to support Pierce/Walker.

Ainge wasn't inheriting a trash situation like let's say Washington right now.. Washington has Beal but given that Wall contract, it is tough for them to be real good anytime soon.

When the Celtics won the championship...the finals MVP was Paul Pierce. A player Ainge inherited and didn't draft.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#373 » by SuperDeluxe » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:57 am

BigTrade92 wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:

If you say so...

Thanks, I think I’ve said so quite a lot, but I’m glad I got you to reaffirm what I've said... :roll:

We'll have to agree to disagree.

We can also agree that calling those who don't share your opinion "Ainge disciples" or "brainwashed" is pretty lame.
BigTrade92
General Manager

Post#374 » by BigTrade92 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:59 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:If you say so...

We can also agree that calling those who don't share your opinion "Ainge disciples" or "brainwashed" is pretty lame.

I’d wager being a Boston Celtics fan who’s okay with the current situation of non-contention that Danny Ainge has led us down is even more lame.

But hey, some of us love mediocrity and you gotta defend that mediocrity, right?
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#375 » by SuperDeluxe » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:00 am

BigTrade92 wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:Thanks, I think I’ve said so quite a lot, but I’m glad I got you to reaffirm what I've said... :roll:

I’d wager being a Boston Celtics fan who’s okay with the current situation of non-contention that Danny Ainge has led us down is even more lame.

But hey, some of us love mediocrity and you gotta defend that mediocrity, right?

Good talking to you.
scottyno
Junior
And1: 542

Post#376 » by scottyno » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:06 am

BigTrade92 wrote:
scottyno wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:And if KG doesn’t tweak his knee, Ainge has a 3-peat on his resume....what ifs are fun, but they’re still just what ifs.

For the millionth time so all can see: No one is saying Ainge has done a terrible job here.

He’s done a commendable job and deserves a ton of praise. But he’s lost his luster and it’s time for a new voice.

The Ainge disciples in here are brainwashed. It’s reminiscent of Bulls fans who defend Gar Forman and John Paxson. It’s okay for change to happen. It’s the natural order of life.

How some of you are okay with no titles in over a decade and the Lakers on the verge of passing us is pure insanity....

how exactly can it be both a commendable job deserving a ton of praise and an underachieving 16 years? pretty sure one of those has to be untrue
BigTrade92
General Manager

Post#377 » by BigTrade92 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:07 am

scottyno wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:
scottyno wrote:

how exactly can it be both a commendable job deserving a ton of praise and an underachieving 16 years? pretty sure one of those has to be untrue

:crazy: Are you kidding me? You need this broken down for you like a five year old? Seriously?
fallguy
Head Coach

Post#378 » by fallguy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:08 am

BigTrade92 wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:Thanks, I think I’ve said so quite a lot, but I’m glad I got you to reaffirm what I've said... :roll:

This is the kind of comment that drags this forum down.
BigTrade92
General Manager

Post#379 » by BigTrade92 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:09 am

fallguy wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:We'll have to agree to disagree.

Yeah someone get Howard Mass in here.

Let him know the forum is being “dragged down” because Celtics fans are unhappy with Danny Ainge.
fallguy
Head Coach

Post#380 » by fallguy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:12 am

BigTrade92 wrote:
fallguy wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:I’d wager being a Boston Celtics fan who’s okay with the current situation of non-contention that Danny Ainge has led us down is even more lame.

Yeah someone get Howard Mass in here.

Let him know the forum is being “dragged down” because Celtics fans are unhappy with Danny Ainge.

Nobody is defending mediocrity you clown. Stop acting like you're the woke one.

Return to Boston Celtics