ImageImageImage

Warriors theory

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man
And1: 894

Re: Warriors theory 

Post#41 » by ZeroTolerance » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:42 pm

I like Dray...but seriously....They are not going to let him go....And with his history of ruffling the feathers of league officials, will he ever get cut an even break anywhere else but Golden State?....I mean his baggage is almost Boogie Cousins - like...

i'd have to pass for those reasons....
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#42 » by FlatearthZorro » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:02 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
captain green wrote:Top 10 reasons to nope.
1. Same agent as kyrie
2. Should literally be suspended every 8 games of the season for as much as he gets away with screaming at refs.
3. Dirty as **** easily in top 5 dirtiest players.
4. Cocky as **** to the media.
5. He is on the downhill outside of defense.
6. Turnover proned
7. Going to be expensive.
8. I forget what 8 was for bu but but 9.
9. Is for a Chris webber impersonation.
10. I could be talked into it for the right pieces and prices. ... :wink:

9/10 ain’t bad....he’s repped by klutch and rich Paul

Biggest thing outside of his character and everything else is the fact he literally can't score. Watching him against the Raptors was literally miserable, at times 2-3 people were chasing Curry, nobody around Green and he still barely had a few good games on offense in that series. It just wasn't pretty, unless he improves in a great way on offense, there's no way he should sniff 30 mils, at 20 mils he'd be fine, but you can't have a 30 mil/year player average 8-9 points in the Finals. He was good against the Blazers, but the Blazers legit have no defenders and Nurkic was hurt, they abused Kanter, then against the Raptors he was a liability more often than not. The guy is useless against good defenses unless Klay/Steph and Kevin are healthy that is.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man
And1: 894

Post#43 » by ZeroTolerance » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:08 pm

djFan71 wrote:I tell you one thing, I'd take Dray over CP3 even if their contracts were reversed.
Well, maybe not.... CP3's contract is so, so awful.

Agreed...one would think that he is stuck right where he is in Houston....

He's going to have to make it work there...it's his last chance for a ring it would seem....
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,251

Post#44 » by TheMartian » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:37 pm

ddb, I think this guy just stole your theory and posted it on twitter:

Read on Twitter
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#45 » by Tiny ball » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:53 pm

ddb wrote:With KD & Klay going down with injuries that'll most likely keep them out for a full year, I have a sneaking suspicion, or you can call it a theory, that they will discuss with Steph Curry a plan to punt the 19-20 season and fall deep into the lottery. I suspect they will do everything they can to still sign KD & Klay to long-term deals as priority #1. But after that the season is a wash for them. No way they can get back to the finals without a healthy Klay/KD.
The major reason why I wanted to share this theory is because I have a gut feeling that Dray Green might quietly become available this summer in a trade. 1 year left on his deal. The Warriors may try to bring in pieces that in the long-run will be more affordable then maxing out Dray Green. A losing season & Dray Green don't go hand in hand. the season could get ugly FAST.

The Celtics would be interested if Dray gave them confidence that he would resign. He would be a great Celtic and a fan favorite.

Jaylen/Baynes/Yabu/Williams for Dray works in trade tracker. I don't think draft picks would be necessary, but if they are then we know Boston has picks to dangle too.

Would Kyrie stay if Ainge pulled this off?

Kyrie-Hayward-Tatum-Dray-Horford
Smart-Semi-Morris plus vet FA's plus a 1st rounder or 2

Why would anyone in their right mind want Kyrie back? His playoff stats besides 2 games were the worst I have ever seen for a so called star player. We have our nut case in Smart. He should be traded while his stock is high. We surely do not need to bring in that nut job green now. Give our young guys a break after playing with crazy insane nut job Kryie and Smart.
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#46 » by Tiny ball » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:59 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
soxfan2003 wrote:A pick would be necessary unless Brown is signed to an extension this summer and starts off well next year.

I have thought about Green for months since he is the sort of player this somewhat soft Celtics team needs.

The big question is whether Brown or Smart should go in a Green trade. I doubt Warriors would have interest in Brown unless Brown could be signed to an extension at a reasonable cost. They may have more interest in Smart as a third guard since Smart has a relatively inexpensive contract and they could even play him in a small ball lineup. But I guess Brown in a 4 year 80 million dollar deal would have some appeal to them especially if KD is gone.

I just think Warriors are going to want Memphis pick or some other good young player besides just Smart/Brown in a Green trade.

Green is very good and better than Bradley Beal right now for sure but getting older and wanting to be paid after next year. Since he is arguably a HOFer who has won 3 titles...probably tough to get him at a discount. Despite his limitations as a shooter, he can pass and really defend. And teams will value that.

are you guys punking me? Green better than Beal?

He averaged 7pts, 7 rebs, 7 assists, and a per of 12 shooting 28% from 3 last season. in 31 mpg.
Postseason he played almost 40mpg to get 13, 10, and 9, and shot you guessed it, 22% from 3 for the entire playoffs.

and he's better than Beal. I'll say it. If Beal was on the warriors instead of Green, warriors would be 4 peating.[/quote.)

Just thinking about showing up to work everyday with a nut jobs like kyrie green and smart would send me to look for job in Europe.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#47 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:01 pm

I think Rich Paul has destroyed the Celtics enough this year. Don't want that happening again please.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,424

Post#48 » by shackles10 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:32 pm

Dray is not bad as a Horford replacement. Less of a shooter, better rebounder, but overall I’m not sure how much sense he makes if we’re “retooling”. If Kyrie somehow came back we’d either need more offense with him or Hayward to be back in form for Dray to really work.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#49 » by ddb » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:59 am

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:I think Rich Paul has destroyed the Celtics enough this year. Don't want that happening again please.
I dont think Rich Paul Cares about Dray and Dray may be the 1st to fire (who I know) Rich Paul. Dray doesnt give a ****. He wants to compete, win, develop. Anything but lay an egg

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Boston Celtics