ImageImageImage

General Celtics Offseason Thread Take 3: Welcome to the House of Fun

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Re: General Celtics Offseason Thread Take 3: Welcome to the House of Fun 

Post#1981 » by greenroom31 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:55 am

StojkoVrankovic wrote:hey man, the jerk store called

“What’s the difference? You’re still the all-time best seller!”
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#1982 » by Darth Celtic » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:55 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:
StojkoVrankovic wrote:really conflicted on Kemba.

As a Uconn guy I love the kid, but holy **** is that a ton of money. Very similar to Kyrie in just about every regard, but is a GREAT teammate. This needs to be stressed, the kid is awesome across the board and would fit like a glove. The Kemba/Hayward combo would be filthy, Kemba doesn't wan't to dominate the ball like Kyrie. I think I just talked myself into it.

He’d be a good fit, but you’re essentially getting a run back of last year’s team minus Horford, Rozier, Morris..

If you could do Yabu/picks for Sabonis, or Yabu/Jaylen for Sabonis/Holiday/1st, you’d clear enough under the cap to get an MLE-caliber role player (I think we’d have about 10 million) and then the room exception..

So,

Kemba/Edwards/Waters
Smart/Langford
Hayward/RHJ or Demarre Carroll (4.4 million room exception)
Tatum/Grant Williams
Dedmon (2/20)/Sabonis/Rob Williams

Or

Kemba/Edwards/Waters
Smart/Brown/Langford
Hayward/Ojeleye
Tatum/Grant Williams
Sabonis/Rob Williams

Plus about 4 million in cap and a 4 million room exception in top of that, to get a backup point guard, a combo forward (RHJ? Carroll?) or a bargain bin center (Bender?)

Bender? I'd pretty much just go with Tacko 20 mpg backup before I spent more than vet min/two way contract on Bender.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
ajones9219
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,573

Post#1983 » by ajones9219 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:56 am

Lakers aren't getting max space so not worried about them. That im almost certain of. No team is going to help them clear space, especially not New Orleans. They would be better suited to start filling the massive holes in their roster anyway.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,152

Post#1984 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:58 am

Darth Celtic wrote:
31to6 wrote:

As a Uconn guy I love the kid, but holy **** is that a ton of money. Very similar to Kyrie in just about every regard, but is a GREAT teammate. This needs to be stressed, the kid is awesome across the board and would fit like a glove. The Kemba/Hayward combo would be filthy, Kemba doesn't wan't to dominate the ball like Kyrie. I think I just talked myself into it.

SO MUCH MONEY THO and until he’s Chris Paul’s age plus no defense

Don't recall him having too many injury problems so far.

He's been basically an iron man since he came in the league -- 4th most minutes behind Harden, DeRozan, and Lebron.

Another one of my useless arbitrary stats: Last four seasons, players who averaged 20+ ppg and 5+ apg playing at least 240 games (avg 60+ games a season) -- Harden, Curry, Giannis, KD, Lebron, Kyrie, Westbrook, Lillard, and Kemba. Damn good company.

Problem is, we're paying him for his next four years, not his last four lol. So does he project to live up to his contract? Getting 2.5 years of peak Kemba would be fine by me.
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,068

Post#1985 » by Ed Pinkney » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:59 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:

He’d be a good fit, but you’re essentially getting a run back of last year’s team minus Horford, Rozier, Morris..

But in theory, also minus the head aches and chemistry problems. And with an addition of more from Hayward (and Brown and Tatum).

Andrew McCeltic wrote:
If you could do Yabu/picks for Sabonis, or Yabu/Jaylen for Sabonis/Holiday/1st, you’d clear enough under the cap to get an MLE-caliber role player (I think we’d have about 10 million) and then the room exception..

So,

Kemba/Edwards/Waters
Smart/Langford
Hayward/RHJ or Demarre Carroll (4.4 million room exception)
Tatum/Grant Williams
Dedmon (2/20)/Sabonis/Rob Williams

Or

Kemba/Edwards/Waters
Smart/Brown/Langford
Hayward/Ojeleye
Tatum/Grant Williams
Sabonis/Rob Williams

Plus about 4 million in cap and a 4 million room exception in top of that, to get a backup point guard, a combo forward (RHJ? Carroll?) or a bargain bin center (Bender?)

I am definitely interested in trying to get Sabonis or Turner if the Pacers decide they need to commit to one of them. Not keen on giving up Brown though.
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 9,979

Post#1986 » by fallguy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:00 am

New thread, bitches!
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man
And1: 894

Post#1987 » by ZeroTolerance » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:00 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:
Celtics_Champs wrote:Is Reload an insider?

First rule about insiders is that you don't talk about them.

Maybe those "Insiders" should have their own sticky thread? That way the rest of us peons would have a fighting chance of staying out of their collective way?

Not everyone is either smart enough or reads enough of all things posted here to know who these people are...

If you mods are gonna suspend folks for reacting to them, not knowing their status, it's only fair to be able to see these land mines before they blow up under us...
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#1988 » by Darth Celtic » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:03 am

ZeroTolerance wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:

Maybe those "Insiders" should have their own sticky thread... that way the rest of us peons would have a fighting chance of staying out of their collective way?

Not everyone is either smart enough or reads enough of all things posted here to know who these people are...

If you mods are gonna suspend folks for reacting to them, not knowing their status, it's only fair to be able to see these land mines before they blow up under us...

Oh, those people knew, and did it on purpose.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#1989 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:04 am

ZeroTolerance wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:

Maybe those "Insiders" should have their own sticky thread? That way the rest of us peons would have a fighting chance of staying out of their collective way?

The Coreys has done this **** all year, and even made a comment mocking the times he’s been warned to knock it off previously.
Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#1990 » by Slartibartfast » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:04 am

31to6 wrote:

SO MUCH MONEY THO and until he’s Chris Paul’s age plus no defense

And he's a shoot first PG on a team that desperately needs someone to create.

This isn't an IT special roster. It's not AB and Jae and Jerebko out there. Brown and Tatum and Hayward can all shoot and score. A volume scorer who does nothing else very well is not a good use of our resources.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#1991 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:05 am

Someone make a new thread!

Return to Boston Celtics