ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston Carsen Edwards

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,100

Re: Welcome to Boston Carsen Edwards 

Post#161 » by 31to6 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:13 am

GregB wrote:Can we sign him to a 4 year deal? Or is he getting a 1-2 year deal.

Lifetime max with part ownership stake when he retires.

But honestly they’re looking at 4 it was said. Need Zoya for the details.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 90,931

Post#162 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:04 am

31to6 wrote:

I'm not sure about the max annual raises for a 2nd round pick but Carsen can get as much as $2,370,995.00 (via cap space) in his first year. We can do 4 years with the last two being team options. I'm guessing it's somewhere between $6.5M-$8M for 4 years.

After watching the highlight video, you're right -- lifetime max with ownership stake sounds about right. Jersey retired and a statue outside the TD Garden before playing his first game as a Celtic.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,840

Post#163 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:22 am

We should start a GoFundMe page to raise money so we can send Elton Brand a gift basket for giving us Carsen Edwards. I mean, I already thought the Sixers were quite generous in giving us Tatum and Langford for Fultz, but to then give us Grant Williams and Edwards for Thybulle.....it's just really becoming tougher and tougher to hate that franchise since they keep gifting us with good players.
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#164 » by Tiny ball » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:48 am

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:We should start a GoFundMe page to raise money so we can send Elton Brand a gift basket for giving us Carsen Edwards. I mean, I already thought the Sixers were quite generous in giving us Tatum and Langford for Fultz, but to then give us Grant Williams and Edwards for Thybulle.....it's just really becoming tougher and tougher to hate that franchise since they keep gifting us with good players.
76ers getting harder to hate.
Prophet_C
Starter
And1: 99

Post#165 » by Prophet_C » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:10 am

I love this kid. He's fearless.
KevinGamble34
Sixth Man
And1: 1,640

Post#166 » by KevinGamble34 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:53 am

Looks really good. I assume we have a roster spot for this guy.
CelticPride44
Sophomore
And1: 134

Post#167 » by CelticPride44 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:56 am

I know there have been a lot of comparisons.......but I think he could be as good offensively as Damon Stoudamire. Same size......both are attack the rim type of players but can shoot from the outside. He's a gamer so I'd expect him to have a higher ceiling than Eddie House.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#168 » by cloverleaf » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:12 am

CelticPride44 wrote:I know there have been a lot of comparisons.......but I think he could be as good offensively as Damon Stoudamire. Same size......both are attack the rim type of players but can shoot from the outside. He's a gamer so I'd expect him to have a higher ceiling than Eddie House.

Waters is actually the guy closer to Stoudamire's reported size (5'10" and 170), whereas Edwards lists a couple inches taller and abut 30 pounds heavier.

But I agree, he's got a more complete game than House, including on the defensive end. I don't think there's really any question but that his game will translate to the next level, though as a short shooting guard more than a PG. As has been noted, Smart will be a great backcourt partner for him, as he'll allow Edwards to guard the opponent's PG while Smart covers the 2.
CelticPride44
Sophomore
And1: 134

Post#169 » by CelticPride44 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:23 am

cloverleaf wrote:
CelticPride44 wrote:I know there have been a lot of comparisons.......but I think he could be as good offensively as Damon Stoudamire. Same size......both are attack the rim type of players but can shoot from the outside. He's a gamer so I'd expect him to have a higher ceiling than Eddie House.

Waters is actually the guy closer to Stoudamire's reported size (5'10" and 170), whereas Edwards lists a couple inches taller and abut 30 pounds heavier.

But I agree, he's got a more complete game than House, including on the defensive end. I don't think there's really any question but that his game will translate to the next level, though as a short shooting guard more than a PG. As has been noted, Smart will be a great backcourt partner for him, as he'll allow Edwards to guard the opponent's PG while Smart covers the 2.

I think his height and build are where he compares to "The Microwave" as some people have stated.......but he's got far better handles and ability to drive.

I agree that smart and Edwards would make a nice backcourt. I want to see a bit more of Edwards defense.......I've been caught up in his offensive game.......so the next few games I'm going to be watching him on the defensive end.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#170 » by PerkinsFor3 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:38 pm

I like to believe I made this happen for y'all.

Read on Twitter
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,987

Post#171 » by sam_I_am » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:56 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
31to6 wrote:

I'm not sure about the max annual raises for a 2nd round pick but Carsen can get as much as $2,370,995.00 (via cap space) in his first year. We can do 4 years with the last two being team options. I'm guessing it's somewhere between $6.5M-$8M for 4 years.

After watching the highlight video, you're right -- lifetime max with ownership stake sounds about right. Jersey retired and a statue outside the TD Garden before playing his first game as a Celtic.

I heard Forsberg say we were limited to $1.4 mil.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#172 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:12 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:We should start a GoFundMe page to raise money so we can send Elton Brand a gift basket for giving us Carsen Edwards. I mean, I already thought the Sixers were quite generous in giving us Tatum and Langford for Fultz, but to then give us Grant Williams and Edwards for Thybulle.....it's just really becoming tougher and tougher to hate that franchise since they keep gifting us with good players.
76ers getting harder to hate.

For real, they've done a lot for us. If it's not us winning the East or NBA Finals, I'd root for Horfie to get a ring. Don't @ me. 8-)
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#173 » by TheOGJabroni » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:25 pm

Edwards has looked great. As others have said, Smart seems like an ideal pairing with Edwards off the bench but I'd also add, Langford does as well, if he pans out to be the player he is projected to be.
klemen4
Head Coach
And1: 1,927

Post#174 » by klemen4 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:40 pm

We got to sign him for 4 year contract...he showed more than enough in March madness and now in summer leafue. can not believe he was not first round pick.

They will make a great pairing with Smart off the bench.
“The only important statistic is the final score.” — Bill Russell
vct33
Veteran
And1: 839

Post#175 » by vct33 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:03 pm

I love this guy. He's at minimum a bench scoring threat like Fred VanVleet. With an improved passing game, he could be nice starter like Jameer Nelson.
I brings the ruckus to the ladies!
FlatearthZorro
RealGM

Post#176 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:14 pm

klemen4 wrote:We got to sign him for 4 year contract...he showed more than enough in March madness and now in summer leafue. can not believe he was not first round pick.

They will make a great pairing with Smart off the bench.

He will get the 4 year deal ala Semi and it will be a close to 1st round rookie deal type contract.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,134

Post#177 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:24 pm

ddb wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:7/17 = 41 % FG

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app

His FG% is always going to suck because he's not much of a threat at the rim and he shoots so many jumpers. But if he hits 3s at a good rate he'll be above average in terms of scoring efficiency.

yup, good point. I'm okay with that too. He's going to take some difficult shots, but he'll also make difficult shots. It's great to have a guy like that coming off the bench. He can shoot the 3 from way downtown. He's the type of guy that needs to be guarding closely otherwise he'll drop 20pts in 10 minutes.

Couldn't help but read that in Mike Breen's voice. "Edwards, from way downtown...BANG!"
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,158

Post#178 » by London2Boston » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:28 pm

I feel like I’m going to really like this kid. Will be a very good backup for Kemba.

There could be a huge hole for scoring off the bench if Hayward becomes a starter this season.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM

Post#179 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:40 pm

London2Boston wrote:I feel like I’m going to really like this kid. Will be a very good backup for Kemba.

There could be a huge hole for scoring off the bench if Hayward becomes a starter this season.

I think they can still mix and match starters with bench so there isn't much of a drop off, but I like him, too and I think it was a good pick there. He will fit right in and will have a role from day 1.
Good assessment:

zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 90,931

Post#180 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:49 pm

How about Patty Mills as comp/floor on offense? That spot on? Or is Mills a better playmaker? Edwards with a 4-inch wingspan advantage. He also seems like a more tenacious defender.

Return to Boston Celtics