ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston Carsen Edwards

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

DaTruth34
Junior
And1: 314

Re: Welcome to Boston Carsen Edwards 

Post#81 » by DaTruth34 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:56 pm

To me he is explosive. I saw many T dunk from him

Inviato dal mio BAH2-W19 utilizzando Tapatalk
claycarver
Sixth Man
And1: 2,099

Post#82 » by claycarver » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Scarletfire81 wrote:
return2glory wrote:
Scarletfire81 wrote:I look up his stats, his three point percentage was 35 percent last year and his overall FG percentage was under 40 percent. Thats pretty bad. We only hope he can become a decent role player.

Watch him play. Stats don’t tell the whole story. Stats don’t measure desire, heart, energy, carrying a team on your back, the difficulty in shots made, ability to get off your shot, etc.

If you watch his play, you will walk away loving his game.

I literally fell in love with his game watching him in the tournament. It’s rare for him to say that about too many players. It was funny hearing Chauncey Billups last night, but he said the exact same thing. That he fell in love with Carsen Edward’s game last season.

I’m not here to hype up Carsen, I don’t want to jinx the kid. But I walked away happy from the draft knowing we drafted him.

Ok I'll check it out, I just want to have real expectations for a second round pick. We should learn something from summer league (hopefully).

His Junior year, he's chucking up 20 shots a game. His sophomore year he was taking 6 fewer shots and had significantly better efficiency...458. I'd guess that's the better indication of his ability under normal usage.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,977

Post#83 » by SuperDeluxe » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:16 pm

cloverleaf wrote:

Hard to take too seriously a post-draft article predicting that we'll have Kyrie and Terry as our starting and backup PGs next year.

It's more about that Suxers' fan knowledge about Edwards than about his knowledge of the Celtics' situation.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 90,077

Post#84 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:31 am

greenpierce
Pro Prospect
And1: 148

Post#85 » by greenpierce » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:44 pm

I loved when I saw photos of Carsen next to the other draftees and I saw how thick/powerful he was. (In a suit!) A kid who will be able to take hits down in the paint. And then there's this Grant Williams quote,

“With Carsen, our whole thing was try and not let him catch it, just like Romeo (Langford) said.” Williams said. “We know he can light it up from range. He’s a guy who’s physical enough to guard… He can switch to a four-man in the league and hold his own. I call him a little bullet, because of how stocky and strong he is. Little linebacker or something like that."

I expect a really fun player.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,717

Post#86 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:13 am

greenpierce wrote:I loved when I saw photos of Carsen next to the other draftees and I saw how thick/powerful he was. (In a suit!) A kid who will be able to take hits down in the paint. And then there's this Grant Williams quote,

“With Carsen, our whole thing was try and not let him catch it, just like Romeo (Langford) said.” Williams said. “We know he can light it up from range. He’s a guy who’s physical enough to guard… He can switch to a four-man in the league and hold his own. I call him a little bullet, because of how stocky and strong he is. Little linebacker or something like that."

Guards guarding larger opponents? Where have we seen that before? :)
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Wes-J
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,769

Post#87 » by Wes-J » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:48 am

Carson is going to be a star. There I said it.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#88 » by cloverleaf » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:54 am

The lowest bust potential of the C's four picks.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#89 » by cloverleaf » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:56 am

greenpierce wrote:I loved when I saw photos of Carsen next to the other draftees and I saw how thick/powerful he was. (In a suit!) A kid who will be able to take hits down in the paint. And then there's this Grant Williams quote,

Even tiny Waters with award-winning D in college. Langford the only pick with that, plus consistent hard play, as a question mark.

But yeah, Carsen and Williams were the physically strongest backcourt and frontcourt players at the draft combine, respectively.
Pacercoltboiler
Freshman
And1: 46

Post#90 » by Pacercoltboiler » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:42 pm

Purdue guy here. Two quick things. One, his point skills are better than he had a chance to show. Painter saw his unreal scoring ability, and used it to the max. Painter asked Carson to fill that role, and he was wise to do so. I think the most amazing thing about Edwards is his ability to finish. He is Extremely effective at taking it to the basket. Besides his natural strength, he has a feel for getting it to the rim. If you try to stop his shooting, he will go right past you and score. As for his defense, I wouldn't worry. He is absurdly athletic and very competitive. Have fun guys.
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,295

Post#91 » by TheMartian » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:02 pm

"Little Bullet" i like that. Hopefully he lives up to the nickname.
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,692

Post#92 » by oldshoolballer » Thu Jul 4, 2019 4:13 pm

I like Carsen He's always in attack mode reminds me of a more explosive JJ Barea with hops I can't wait to see him in summer league
bigfoot_cryptozoology
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,294

Post#93 » by bigfoot_cryptozoology » Thu Jul 4, 2019 4:38 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
mzepol wrote:"Little Bullet" i like that. Hopefully he lives up to the nickname.

It's a good one, but would be quickly frowned upon in the NBA, where the term owner is banned. Mini Microwave is not offensive to anyone, hopefully and works well...
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 90,077

Post#94 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Jul 5, 2019 1:59 pm

Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,717

Post#95 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Jul 5, 2019 3:03 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:

1. Seems likable. Also, seems smart enough to make bland platitudes sound fresh. (That was the best version of "My role is to do whatever the coaches want me to do" I've heard in a while.)

2. His response to the story of how his old friend and teammate Robert Williams earned the "Time Lord" nickname was: "Sounds like Rob." LOL

3. His football position was slot receiver? OK. Now I want to push the "Microwave" analogy all the way to Vinnie Johnson's offensive rebounding.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#96 » by Slartibartfast » Fri Jul 5, 2019 3:26 pm

After watching a bit more Purdue, I think he will be a better passer in the pros. And I think he'll be great when he gets his shooting hand free out of PNR.

But worried about his game inside the arc.
Half-Full
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,127

Post#97 » by Half-Full » Fri Jul 5, 2019 6:15 pm

I found this interesting article about Carsen. It provides additional insight into his character (all positive). The article has a 76ers angle as it is from a Philly news station. It turned out sweet for us that we traded picks with Philly so that they could get Thybulle. They had two early picks in the second round, #s 33 and 34. We got #33, and selected Carsen. The Sixers were planning to choose Carsen with pick #34. Oh well. :)

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/76ers/nba-draft-prospect-carsen-edwards-well-and-mild-mannered-court-will-try-tear-your-throat-out
Half-Full
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,127

Post#98 » by Half-Full » Fri Jul 5, 2019 6:37 pm

More stuff on Edwards. The article (a Purdue publication) starts on page 10.

https://issuu.com/purduesports/docs/forge-02
claycarver
Sixth Man
And1: 2,099

Post#99 » by claycarver » Fri Jul 5, 2019 10:03 pm

from the article:
After winning a tournament in Neosho, Missouri, Edwards and his teammates were waiting for their bus to arrive to go home. While Martinez was speaking with a reporter, he looked up into the bleachers and something caught his eye.

Edwards was in the stands helping the custodian pick up trash. After a while, his teammates began to join Edwards in helping with the cleanup. Nobody asked Edwards to do it. His coach wasn’t around. The janitor didn’t solicit his help.

He just did it.

"You treat everybody the same,” Edwards said about why he did it. “You treat everybody with the same respect. Everyone else was busy, we’re just waiting on the bus to leave. It’s not even like I had nothing else better to do, but I just saw the guy, he’s doing it by himself and felt like he could use a hand so I was just up there helping. What separates me from him to help clean up? So I just kind of knocked it out and some guys followed me."

Damn I want this kid to make it.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,694

Post#100 » by rzzzzz » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:56 pm

Half-Full wrote:I. The Sixers were planning to choose Carsen with pick #34. Oh well. :)

unfortunately, the Sixers' plan was to toss away almost all of our 2nd round picks, saving a few bucks for ownership. Edwards looks like a great get for you guys.

Return to Boston Celtics