ImageImageImage

Welcome Tremont Waters Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Re: Welcome Tremont Waters Thread 

Post#101 » by cloverleaf » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:06 pm

StojkoVrankovic wrote:Just heard his father committed suicide, horrible **** news

Indeed. No doubt especially tough timing for Tremont (as it almost seems like a statement or a message), and just horrible all around.

Prayers for the family.
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man
And1: 894

Post#102 » by ZeroTolerance » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:12 pm

StojkoVrankovic wrote:Just heard his father committed suicide, horrible **** news

Why on earth would any man do this?

Every day, another tell tale sign of what we have become emerges...how could anyone be so self-centered?

It's like ..look what I can do!

His kid, for God's sake is making a name for himself in a game that he loves....And the old man decides to off himself?

Total freekin loss of reality....and this is becoming the new normal....Every day....and day by day....

You see it everywhere on the nightly news...alternative realities....made for TV politics...photo ops with dictators for Christ sake!

Wake up people...look around at what your world has become!

Sorry.. but I'm just plain disgusted!
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Post#103 » by djFan71 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:33 pm

Man, that really sucks for Tremont. Poor kid.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Post#104 » by djFan71 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:39 pm

ZeroTolerance wrote:

Every day, another tell tale sign of what we have become emerges...how could anyone be so self-centered?

His kid, for God's sake is making a name for himself in a game that he loves....And the old man decides to off himself?

Total freekin loss of reality....and this is becoming the new normal....Every day....and day by day....

You see it everywhere on the nightly news...alternative realities....made for TV politics...photo ops with dictators for Christ sake!

You have no idea what his father was going through, his mental state, whatever. It's easy to judge, and apparently launch into unrelated diatribes, but it's not super-constructive.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#105 » by Feed Your Head » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:41 pm

ZeroTolerance wrote:

You are not going to turn this tragedy into one of your usual rants about society, chill out.
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#106 » by Roddy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:44 pm

ZeroTolerance wrote:

ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man

Post#107 » by ZeroTolerance » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:07 pm

It's easier to get mad at me I suppose... I don't blame you at all...

I'm not very good at making any sense of any of this...

And i feel as bad for the kid as any of you..

If you mods want to erase that post, i'm fine with that..
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,125

Post#108 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:33 pm

Dogen wrote:That's such sad news. The only thing I can think of positive note is at least his dad was alive to share in his son joining the NBA this week. That's not much consolation for Tre though. Hope he can be with his family at this time, come back when he's ready and have a great season with the Celtics.

Yeah you wonder if he hung on as long as he could and once he saw Tremont sign a contract, that was it.

What's crazy is that he was found at noon yesterday. Which means that, unless his family withheld the news from him, Tremont must have known before lacing up his shoes and playing.
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man

Post#109 » by ZeroTolerance » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:43 pm

hickfromfrenchlick wrote:
Dogen wrote:That's such sad news. The only thing I can think of positive note is at least his dad was alive to share in his son joining the NBA this week. That's not much consolation for Tre though. Hope he can be with his family at this time, come back when he's ready and have a great season with the Celtics.

Yeah you wonder if he hung on as long as he could and once he saw Tremont sign a contract, that was it.

What's crazy is that he was found at noon yesterday. Which means that, unless his family withheld the news from him, Tremont must have known before lacing up his shoes and playing.

Even weirder still...troubling times...
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Post#110 » by Dogen » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:46 pm

hickfromfrenchlick wrote:

I hadn’t heard that it was suicide when I wrote that, so thought maybe it was murder.

It’s hard to fathom what his father was going through. Perhaps he just couldn’t hold on to this life but wanted to at least make sure his son got set up with an NBA contract and would have that security.

It’s just tragic. Tre gets his dream come true but he’d give it all back to see his father live.
Hey you! Can we come together?
Dogen
RealGM

Post#111 » by Dogen » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:49 pm

Just got to the part where Tre knew before playing. That’s hard to believe.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,985

Post#112 » by jfs1000d » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:50 pm

Feel so bad for Waters. As someone who has struggled with depression, it is terrible.

Wish he could have gotten help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,985

Post#113 » by jfs1000d » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:52 pm

ZeroTolerance wrote:

Learn about suicide and depression first.

Suicide is a result of mental illness and massively severe depression.

Who knows what was going on in his life. He maybe felt that he was a burden to his son, which is far from the case.

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,946

Post#114 » by Parliament10 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:59 pm

Read on Twitter

Wow.
That's really Terrible.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,322

Post#115 » by Froob » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:00 pm

Horrible news. Can’t even imagine being Tremont or his family right now.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,665

Post#116 » by Green89 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:09 pm

Dogen wrote:Just got to the part where Tre knew before playing. That’s hard to believe.

Are we sure of that timeline? Even so, maybe it was his way of coping, similar to IT: take your mind off it by doing what you love, instead of doing nothing but grieiving.
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,513

Post#117 » by canman1971 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:21 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
ZeroTolerance wrote:

Learn about suicide and depression first.

Suicide is a result of mental illness and massively severe depression.

Who knows what was going on in his life. He maybe felt that he was a burden to his son, which is far from the case.

Correct. And I’m not sure times have changed much. Look at Bird’s dad just as an example. Everything today is just more publicized and scrutinized. Just a sad day for Waters and his family. My internet condolences unfortunately can’t do a thing but they have them. RIP.
Dogen
RealGM

Welcome Tremont Waters Thread 

Post#118 » by Dogen » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:24 pm

Green89 wrote:
Dogen wrote:Just got to the part where Tre knew before playing. That’s hard to believe.

Are we sure of that timeline? Even so, maybe it was his way of coping, similar to IT: take your mind off it by doing what you love, instead of doing nothing but grieiving.

I’m not sure of anything. If it’s true, I hope you are right in that the best way for him to cope was to get back on the court and focus his mind on that.
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,969

Post#119 » by darrendaye » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:32 pm

Awful news. By all accounts, a VERY supportive father.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,074

Post#120 » by Ben-N1ce » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:18 pm

News is terrible. You full fill your dream and in a few weeks your dad commits suicide :(

Return to Boston Celtics