Vucevic

captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Re: Vucevic 

Post#261 » by captain green » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:07 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:
captain green wrote:Looking at his stats not bad
And ev :-? en his playoff stats even at 11.5 pts 6.7 ren and 1 block in 5 games could have been a difference in our series.
We could do alot worse. But I'd rather have Cappella.

He's far far superior to Capela as a b-ball player, just on another level skill wise. Capela would only work if we have more than 1 facilitators, hopefully I'm wrong if we're getting him cause he's on the books for 3 years.

I like capela a bit better because of the age and price. But any center at this point would be good to know and have.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
radcot
General Manager
And1: 11,466

Post#262 » by radcot » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:06 pm

Other considerations being equal (which they never are), I'd prefer Vuc to Cap. Just don't like playing 4 on 5 at the offensive end, especially with a team as offensively challenged as we have been recently.
eitanr
General Manager
And1: 299

Post#263 » by eitanr » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:52 pm

AgentGreen wrote:
eitanr wrote:
AgentGreen wrote:Vucevic killed his opponents, especially us, in the paint with offensive rebounding, going to the line, made easy buckets(hooks, midrange jumpers, 2nd chance pts etc.). He was one of the main reasons why Orlando was one of the best teams in the 2nd half of the season.

He is a teamplayer makes the right passes and gets his buckets comfortably in the paint also has added a 3-point jumper to his regime, what more can you ask from a center? Stevens system will make his defense even better so im not worried about that.

Plus he moves way better than Horford does. People forget how agile he is for his size.

Obviously everyone looks better in a highlight reel, but my fear here is the amount of touches he got in the post. Orlando clearly utilized him in isolated post play a bit and I just don't see Stevens doing the same NOR do I see that as a great fit with Tatum.

Again, Vooch is great. But his post game won't be utilized as much here with Brad at the helm. It's like signing Tim Wakefield and asking him not to throw the knuckle as much. Makes him less useful on the team and less valuable
I'm just showing how agile he is with the highlights. Not how good he is etc. And it doesnt matter if he gets less touches. People forget how one dimensional our offense got.. We had no 2nd game plan.. We hardly scored in the paint last season and lacked offensive rebounding. Hardly got those 2nd chance points. Instead we gave the opponents 2nd chance because we sucked at the defensive boards.

With Vuc you can change tactics and switch after each timeout to keep your opponents guessing. If we are switching to i.e. Hayward, opening lanes for him and let him drive he can also kick the ball to Vuc if needed for the 3 pointer.. You cant do that with a Capela or Adams on your team. The game has changed for the big men.

A player like Capela is vulnerable when you play against the good teams. This era is about spreading the floor, drive and kick the ball and your center has to be able to hit that 3 also when your wing drives to the basket and kicks the ball to him.

We lacked defensive rebounding as well and Vuc will solve that issue as well. Vuc will give us everything offensively and rebounding wise we didnt got from Horford. I'm not worried about his defense because Stevens makes the player look defensively better. Every player that has left this team didnt perform so good anymore. Because Brad's system made them look better.

Sent from my LG-H870 using RealGM mobile app

Again, I like Vooch...just not under Brad. Brad does best with PGs who can penetrate the lane, bigs who can space etc. I don't see him working well with Vooch and putting him in position to be successful. Is there a better FA option or player to absorb via cap? I don't love the Capella OR Adams scenarios either to be honest. The only guys that get me excited are Kevin Love OR Mason Plumlee if we can get Monte Morris also, but neither is rumored. But since this is just REALGM let's analyze those options.

Kevin Love -> I would probably take a flyer on Jordan Clarkson also, but regardless Love is a great target. I think he can obviously space, carry the offense some and rebound. He has played the small ball 5 slot in recent years so I see him operating well there. Clarkson could serve some as a stop gap PG in case Rozzy is not retained. Love to me though is better than Vooch and probably on a similar deal.
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#264 » by ParticleMan » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:11 pm

brad used horford, brown, and smart in the post whenever there were mismatches. the trouble is, mismatches were infrequent. i think brad would be fine at using vuc in the post, p-n-r, and just about anything else. i seriously doubt mr. X's and O's genius brad stevens is going to be unable to think of anything else to do with vuc except put him out at the 3 line like he did with horford.

there are many reasons to be concerned about paying vucevic the big bucks, but fitting with stevens is pretty low on that list.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,927

Post#265 » by Celts17Pride » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:21 pm

In order for the Celtics to get Vucevic it’s going to be something north of 4 years and $90 million. If the Celtics do that then they might as well change their name to the Boston Knicks.

I do see Ainge doing this at all
Pandev
Sophomore
And1: 108

Post#266 » by Pandev » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:01 am

Why doesn't Aigne trade a 1st round pick or Hayward for Drummond?

Solves a lot of the rebounding issues. He's got 1 yr left on his deal ( with a + 1 yr player option)
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,435

Post#267 » by Triple7 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:12 am

We needed a post up player. Vuc would be perfect. It gives us a complete offense. We just need a pg that can be a threat outside. No Rozier please.
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,368

Post#268 » by Red2 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:02 am

In brads system bugs have to be able to get out on shooters and recover. They also need to shoot the three . Vuk is a great post player but he would be wasted in brads system . Horford was perfect for us
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
KumaJG
Sixth Man
And1: 1,069

Post#269 » by KumaJG » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:26 pm

I just want a big who rebounds. Im a simple man.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Post#270 » by Darth Celtic » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:15 pm

Red2 wrote:In brads system bugs have to be able to get out on shooters and recover. They also need to shoot the three . Vuk is a great post player but he would be wasted in brads system . Horford was perfect for us

2019 - Horford 36% from 3, 3 per game.

2019 - Vuc 36.4% from 3, 2.9 per game.

........... you were saying?
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#271 » by cloverleaf » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:47 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
Red2 wrote:In brads system bugs have to be able to get out on shooters and recover. They also need to shoot the three . Vuk is a great post player but he would be wasted in brads system . Horford was perfect for us

Defending the 3 is of course the question. But it would be good to see Brad adjust his system to having a real big in it.
grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,656

Post#272 » by grindtime22 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:49 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:

Vucevic on offense is not something to worry about under Brad. He would be just fine. He is very versatile on that end of the floor. As you point out, he can stretch the floor just fine. I honestly don't think he and Horford are that different on the offensive end.

It's the other end of the floor to be worried about. I know Vucevic was pretty successful dropping back this year, but that isn't something we like to do. That weakness eventually gets exposed in the playoffs.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Post#273 » by Darth Celtic » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:55 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:

Defending the 3 is of course the question. But it would be good to see Brad adjust his system to having a real big in it.

I was responding directly to him saying they need to shoot the three and would be wasted in brad's system. Which isn't true.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
celtxman
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Post#274 » by celtxman » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:56 pm

Gomes3PC wrote:He's borderline unplayable in the playoffs. Absolute hard pass. We should look at someone like Favors or a cheap deal for a guy like RoLo if all we want is a rough and tumble big who can hit the glass.]

I'm not going to judge him on one bad playoffs with limited talent around him. I'd be fine with giving him around $25 million per. I'm also OK with spending the money on Kemba. I just think you can get a decent PG for the MLE. I love Horford but even Ryan McDonough was saying today on Sirius Radio that he has seen slippage from Horford. Because of the Kyrie fiasco Horford quitely shot 41% in the playoffs as opposed to 53% during the season. I'm not buying that you can easily find someone who can do what Vucevic can, and if people think Horford is worth 4 years $100 million+ , Vucevic will be Al's age now after 4 years not 37.
Brad Stevens on fans who want the Celtics to tank: "I don’t think they’ll like me all that much then."
Leprechaun18
Bench Warmer
And1: 644

Post#275 » by Leprechaun18 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:47 am

I would check out Jonas Valanciunas. He is a better defender and may come cheaper.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,315

Post#276 » by chrisab123 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:35 pm

Pandev wrote:Why doesn't Aigne trade a 1st round pick or Hayward for Drummond?

Solves a lot of the rebounding issues. He's got 1 yr left on his deal ( with a + 1 yr player option)

Doesn't fit Brad's 3 point happy system.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,999

Post#277 » by 31to6 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:28 pm

Leprechaun18 wrote:I would check out Jonas Valanciunas. He is a better defender and may come cheaper.

all stats show JV as a significantly worse defender than Vuc.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Post#278 » by Gomes3PC » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:37 pm

celtxman wrote:
Gomes3PC wrote:He's borderline unplayable in the playoffs. Absolute hard pass. We should look at someone like Favors or a cheap deal for a guy like RoLo if all we want is a rough and tumble big who can hit the glass.]

I'm not going to judge him on one bad playoffs with limited talent around him. I'd be fine with giving him around $25 million per. I'm also OK with spending the money on Kemba. I just think you can get a decent PG for the MLE. I love Horford but even Ryan McDonough was saying today on Sirius Radio that he has seen slippage from Horford. Because of the Kyrie fiasco Horford quitely shot 41% in the playoffs as opposed to 53% during the season. I'm not buying that you can easily find someone who can do what Vucevic can, and if people think Horford is worth 4 years $100 million+ , Vucevic will be Al's age now after 4 years not 37.

Vuc is less mobile than Horford is right now, and a much worse rim protector. He's just not playable in the playoffs when gameplans pick on guys like Vuc incessantly. None of these ground-bound, slow-footed centers have been good signings for the teams that have given them big money.

Paying him $25M when you see far superior bigs like Gobert, Adams, Capela become liabilities in the postseason is just crazy talk.
JJtheBricklayer
Sophomore
And1: 141

Post#279 » by JJtheBricklayer » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:55 am

Does anyone really believe Vuc turns us into a title threat? Panicking after losing some pieces and overpaying an old low tier all star having a career year in a contract year... we would be mocking another team if we saw them pulling a desperation move like this.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,682

Post#280 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:05 am

The Celtics are likely to go with nontraditional PFs for a long time. So the centers they invest in significantly should probably be good, era-appropriate defenders.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".

Return to Boston Celtics