ImageImageImage

Pick a lane

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Re: Pick a lane 

Post#61 » by celticfan42487 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:34 am

Darth Celtic wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
LuckyLeprechaun wrote:Except in that scenario we would have cap space next year. If we trade him now it will be for a bad contract like CP3 because no one is giving value for him now and giving away draft picks just to get rid of him is the dumbest of all options.

Ah yes, cap space when you're not NY or LA and a **** team always turns into wonderful things.

Maybe we can sign exciting players like Vucksucks with it!!!

Horray!!

when was your last positive post.

sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Re: Pick a lane 

Post#62 » by sully00 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:26 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:The question remains... how do we get that top 5-8 talent? The goal is still to win it all. And to win it all, 98% of the time, you need at least one true superstar. It's cliche because it's true.

Are we now banking on either Brown and Tatum to reach that status?

Yes. I think that you have to consider that Brad is terrific at designing his offense to exploit his players strenghts. When we had Jordan Crawford and Avery Bradley they looked like All Stars, when it was IT and Jae Crowder they looked great. He made Irving and Horford look better than they had in their careers.

Even with a hit to his efficiency Tatum made good progress overall last year. He needs to improve his decision making but that comes with time he was much more looking to create his shot last season than just taking the open looks. If he focus more on his one dribble drives and moving the ball he will improve his efficiency and get to the line more. He needs to take another step with his rebounding to be a stretch 4 man but I think he will be a top 10 scorer in the league. To me on a less competitive team with less talent to work on finding touches for he would have put 18-20 ppg.

I also still believe in the idea of having a plurality of talent. I think Hayward can regain his form and Brown can be a legit #3 scorer. Langford gives you another guy that as the skill set to be a primary offensive option in the NBA.

You will always look to add talent whenever you can but you don't sit around waiting for it to happen.

Return to Boston Celtics