ImageImageImage

Addition by subtraction = We will be better next year.

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Re: Addition by subtraction = We will be better next year. 

Post#81 » by Roddy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:08 am

31to6 wrote:
mbsnmisc wrote:Next years C's parallel this forum. Subtract the egomaniacs, bullies, liars and wannabe alphas allows the group to come together, refine their roles, and play as a team. Frankly, I look forward to both entities exceeding expectations and being enjoyable again.

Quoted for truth. 18. Hey it’s been a week or two since anyone on this board compared themselves to a super hero or ‘went in’ on someone! Gosh how WILL the board survive when he takes all the cool posters to Instagram?

This board is actually nice to read right now. Really enjoy it. :thumbsup:
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,680

Post#82 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:13 pm

I get that Irving was a huge pain in the ass but I don't see how you lose him, and Horford, and replace him with Rozier and a bunch of unknown draft picks and expect the team to be better. Oh and by the way they still have an issue at small forward which they haven't addressed.

It'll be a miracle if they can win 35 games.
*Insert witty signature here.*
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#83 » by Tiny ball » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:46 pm

OldCeltics wrote:
Theocy wrote:I often picture people saying we will be better being kind of drunk, in tears and desperate sitting in a freakin storm trying to first convince themselves this isn't really happening.
I guarantee the team will have more wins upcoming season than previous, 49.

Ainge is not done tinkering, has a max slot.

An you underestimate how bad Irving influence was last year.

Give Tatum and Brown the ball, see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Tatum will front rim fad away jumpers and Brown will charge into three big guys in the paint and turn the ball over? : - ) Could try giving the ball to Carsen Edwards see if he is Hot..: - )
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#84 » by Tiny ball » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:49 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:I get that Irving was a huge pain in the ass but I don't see how you lose him, and Horford, and replace him with Rozier and a bunch of unknown draft picks and expect the team to be better. Oh and by the way they still have an issue at small forward which they haven't addressed.

It'll be a miracle if they can win 35 games.

How many more small forwards do we need? WITH out Danny pulling a rabbit out of his hat this team will struggle.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#85 » by ddb » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:12 am

I think Kyrie will be terrific for us without the Rozier drama

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Gurton Buster
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,347

Post#86 » by Gurton Buster » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:31 am

ddb wrote:I think Kyrie will be terrific for us without the Rozier drama

Ah ****, here we go again.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,852

Post#87 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:34 am

Read on Twitter

He's already happy and at peace in Japan. Leave him be.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,384

Post#88 » by Jaqua92 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:50 am

Gurton Buster wrote:
ddb wrote:I think Kyrie will be terrific for us without the Rozier drama

Ah ****, here we go again.
He's 100% right.

No Rozier, and Brown and the team is fine.

I know it's easier to route for the team with him gone, but thinking Kyrie was the only problem is naive. The guy is a scapegoat..his weird ass makes him an easy target. Especially since people feel betrated by him are hilariously taking it personal.

That said, he doesn't like MA, and won't be happy. Rozier WILL be a problem and ruin this team even more if he doesn't start

He's just as stupid as Kyrie in a lot of ways, except he's narcissistically delusional as well, similar to IT. Rozier has no allegiance to Boston and wants to be a star over winning. If he is still here, teams in trouble.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,384

Post#89 » by Jaqua92 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:52 am

mbsnmisc wrote:Next years C's parallel this forum. Subtract the egomaniacs, bullies, liars and wannabe alphas allows the group to come together, refine their roles, and play as a team. Frankly, I look forward to both entities exceeding expectations and being enjoyable again.
That's nice, everyone has a voice

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,067

Post#90 » by Ed Pinkney » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:24 am

Welcome back!
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,067

Post#91 » by Ed Pinkney » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:24 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's already happy and at peace in Japan. Leave him be.

Grande always drops the best and most relevant stats.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,540

Post#92 » by The Corey's » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:57 am

Celtic employees outright disrespecting Irving is further proof of Irving's opinion on the matter.

Not that they're wrong.

But it just seems so funny to me that the media is doing it's part to subdue the anger of the fans for Danny do that no one is upset over losing him for nothing.

End of the day, hes better than any player on our team by a mile right now and even if hes a douche, you live with it.
RB34
RealGM
And1: 14,113

Post#93 » by RB34 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:15 am

Unless Danny hits a home run and manages to replace Horf & Baynes I don’t see how we are better.

Don’t get me wrong I can’t wait to see the young guys given the reins but there is a hole that needs to be filled.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,789

Post#94 » by 31to6 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:17 pm

The Corey's wrote:Celtic employees outright disrespecting Irving is further proof of Irving's opinion on the matter.

Not that they're wrong.

But it just seems so funny to me that the media is doing it's part to subdue the anger of the fans for Danny do that no one is upset over losing him for nothing.

End of the day, hes better than any player on our team by a mile right now and even if hes a douche, you live with it.

If he’s LeBron-like, sure. But this organization did everything it could to live with it and it simply didn’t work out. He was hardly even LeBron-lite.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,689

Post#95 » by ParticleMan » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:23 pm

The Corey's wrote:Celtic employees outright disrespecting Irving is further proof of Irving's opinion on the matter.

Not that they're wrong.

so how would you get kyrie to stay?

we can offer the full max, but that probably already happened. he isn't happy here. so then, would you also offer to dump brown? rozier? what about tatum? he seemed to have problems with all the "kids", so would you replace them with vets?
Sibelius
Freshman
And1: 71

Post#96 » by Sibelius » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:46 pm

Not that they're wrong.

He may have been the best individual offensive player, he was nowhere near the best player if you factor in defense. Even accepting his individual offensive greatness, basketball is a team sport, and he was a net negative to the team. This even if he is a douche you deal with it line does not apply to Kyrie.
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,728

Post#97 » by OldCeltics » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:47 pm

ParticleMan wrote:

Not that they're wrong.

so how would you get kyrie to stay?

we can offer the full max, but that probably already happened. he isn't happy here. so then, would you also offer to dump brown? rozier? what about tatum? he seemed to have problems with all the "kids", so would you replace them with vets?

Irving hates Boston, and Celtics will improve just by him leaving. I swear some people on this forum never got over their ex girl friends. Move on people.
philing00
Senior
And1: 200

Post#98 » by philing00 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:30 pm

We better not bring back Rozier. What’s the pecking order now Kyrie and Horford gone? If we didn’t know last year, we certainly don’t know this year. The young ‘uns will all definitely be trying to get theirs now. Brown in a contract year, and if we sign Rozier for 1+1...
I disagree with many here, with more attention to Tatum and Brown, how can they flourish. They can’t get their own shot unless it’s a long 2 or desperate drive to the basket. And of course Tatum gets stripped or gets no foul instead of the basket. Desperately need a real playmaker, NOT rozier. Unless you gonna run and gun. But then we got no defense to stop the buckets...
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#99 » by mg » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:29 pm

This team should definitely be more fun to watch without ballstoppers Kyrie, Rozier and Morris. At this point I'll take that.

They get an incomplete until Danny figures out the big man situation though.
Kids Are Alright
Veteran
And1: 137

Post#100 » by Kids Are Alright » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:26 pm

Good to see Ed Pinckney again posting.
A team lacking a viable starting pg, pf and center brings us back to the Jordan Crawford era of the Celtics.
Ouch.
Maybe the worst thing that has happened over the last season is the decline of Tatum’s game to something akin to Carmelo’s. He needs to hit the weights, get a lot stronger and practice, practice, practice and stop thinking that he’s an all-star.
Tanking :nonono: Live for the day 8-)

Return to Boston Celtics