ImageImageImage

Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall!

Moderators: Froob, ParticleMan, The Comedian, Parliament10, canman1971, sully00, djFan71

User avatar
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,918
And1: 918
Joined: Nov 24, 2006

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#501 » by chakdaddy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:11 am

Parliament10 wrote:Fall puts his focus on Celtics
NEWS SERVICE REPORT | 08-08-19

https://www.pressherald.com/2019/08/08/thursdays-nba-notebook-fall-puts-his-focus-on-celtics/
Tacko Fall has an uncertain NBA future. His massive frame of 7 feet, 6 inches, soft hands, and above average athleticism for a guy his size makes him an intriguing prospect.

However, he still has a lot of work to do to actually stick with the Boston Celtics or in the NBA. In an effort to do that, he’ll be back in Boston in the coming days to begin regular workouts at the team’s practice facility.

Fall had been in Senegal, where he was on the preliminary roster for the Senegalese national team. Senegal announced its official roster Thursday, which didn’t include Fall.

Despite widespread reports that he had been cut, it was never Fall’s intention to play for his national team in the FIBA World Cup. He had traveled back to his home country for the first time in seven years for a Basketball Without Borders event and a visit with his family.

“For me it’s about going around the neighborhoods, seeing where I came from, and just kind of reflecting on how far I came,” Fall recently told the Boston Globe. “I think that will honestly give me more encouragement to keep pushing and keep inspiring people from Senegal and Africa and be the best I possibly can and continue to strive so I can have a long career in the NBA.”

Fall became a summer league phenomenon during the Celtics’ run in Las Vegas last month. Since then he’s forged close friendships with his fellow Boston Celtics rookies, even getting a FaceTime call from Grant Williams from the field in Fenway Park before throwing out a first pitch on Tuesday.

Fall went undrafted out of the University of Central Florida, and signed an “Exhibit 10” contract with the Boston Celtics, which allows him to be part of training camp. If Boston sees enough promise in him to want to keep his exclusive rights, they’d have to sign him to a guaranteed contract (they have one roster spot available), or upgrade one of their two-way players (Max Strus and Tremont Waters) to a guaranteed deal and give Fall the open two-way slot.



I think they're saying "guaranteed" when they mean NBA contract and that they collect at least few regular season paychecks. I dont see why it would be guaranteed all season
cloverleaf
Head Coach
Posts: 6,197
And1: 3,453
Joined: Feb 10, 2007

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#502 » by cloverleaf » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:31 pm

chakdaddy wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:Fall puts his focus on Celtics
NEWS SERVICE REPORT | 08-08-19

https://www.pressherald.com/2019/08/08/thursdays-nba-notebook-fall-puts-his-focus-on-celtics/
Tacko Fall has an uncertain NBA future. His massive frame of 7 feet, 6 inches, soft hands, and above average athleticism for a guy his size makes him an intriguing prospect.

However, he still has a lot of work to do to actually stick with the Boston Celtics or in the NBA. In an effort to do that, he’ll be back in Boston in the coming days to begin regular workouts at the team’s practice facility.

Fall had been in Senegal, where he was on the preliminary roster for the Senegalese national team. Senegal announced its official roster Thursday, which didn’t include Fall.

Despite widespread reports that he had been cut, it was never Fall’s intention to play for his national team in the FIBA World Cup. He had traveled back to his home country for the first time in seven years for a Basketball Without Borders event and a visit with his family.

“For me it’s about going around the neighborhoods, seeing where I came from, and just kind of reflecting on how far I came,” Fall recently told the Boston Globe. “I think that will honestly give me more encouragement to keep pushing and keep inspiring people from Senegal and Africa and be the best I possibly can and continue to strive so I can have a long career in the NBA.”

Fall became a summer league phenomenon during the Celtics’ run in Las Vegas last month. Since then he’s forged close friendships with his fellow Boston Celtics rookies, even getting a FaceTime call from Grant Williams from the field in Fenway Park before throwing out a first pitch on Tuesday.

Fall went undrafted out of the University of Central Florida, and signed an “Exhibit 10” contract with the Boston Celtics, which allows him to be part of training camp. If Boston sees enough promise in him to want to keep his exclusive rights, they’d have to sign him to a guaranteed contract (they have one roster spot available), or upgrade one of their two-way players (Max Strus and Tremont Waters) to a guaranteed deal and give Fall the open two-way slot.



I think they're saying "guaranteed" when they mean NBA contract and that they collect at least few regular season paychecks. I dont see why it would be guaranteed all season


That at least is my understanding of an Exh. 10--if they want to keep him for their roster after camp the contract concerts to a regular, one-year, guaranteed minimum contract.
User avatar
sam_I_am
RealGM
Posts: 12,578
And1: 3,874
Joined: Jul 10, 2004

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#503 » by sam_I_am » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:14 pm

Tacko has to beat out Green for last roster spot or he will be a Red Claw. I think Strus and Waters are staying as 2 ways so team can stash for a year. Tacko is on the bubble because of his poor fit for modern NBA. This 538 article on Hibbert might as well have been written about Tacko.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-the-nba-abandoned-roy-hibbert
sam_I_am »2017:Kyrie isn't much of an upgrade over IT and he is **** crazy. Demands to be traded after 3 finals passing on supermax to go to Knicks. More talent around than IT did 2 yrs ago, no playoffs until Lebron came.Kyrie cant hold leads w/o Lebron.
User avatar
zoyathedestroya
Analyst
Posts: 3,511
And1: 7,400
Joined: Nov 05, 2017

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#504 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:57 pm

Enquiring minds would like to know... when did Tacko's parents stop calling him Tackuito? At four years old? When he started walking and dunking on a Nerf hoop? At two months old?
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 23,545
And1: 22,211
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#505 » by Parliament10 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:19 pm

sam_I_am wrote:Tacko has to beat out Green for last roster spot or he will be a Red Claw. I think Strus and Waters are staying as 2 ways so team can stash for a year. Tacko is on the bubble because of his poor fit for modern NBA. This 538 article on Hibbert might as well have been written about Tacko.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-the-nba-abandoned-roy-hibbert

Good points. I hope that Tacko sticks with the Celtics.
“We’re building a culture of accountability, trust, and togetherness. Entitlement will not be tolerated”
– Brad Stevens
User avatar
sam_I_am
RealGM
Posts: 12,578
And1: 3,874
Joined: Jul 10, 2004

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#506 » by sam_I_am » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:25 am

Parliament10 wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:Tacko has to beat out Green for last roster spot or he will be a Red Claw. I think Strus and Waters are staying as 2 ways so team can stash for a year. Tacko is on the bubble because of his poor fit for modern NBA. This 538 article on Hibbert might as well have been written about Tacko.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-the-nba-abandoned-roy-hibbert

Good points. I hope that Tacko sticks with the Celtics.


Me too. I really like him and hope he proves all the doubters wrong. It’s a strange new era.....even Bol Bol is only getting a 2 way deal from Denver.
sam_I_am »2017:Kyrie isn't much of an upgrade over IT and he is **** crazy. Demands to be traded after 3 finals passing on supermax to go to Knicks. More talent around than IT did 2 yrs ago, no playoffs until Lebron came.Kyrie cant hold leads w/o Lebron.
Tiny ball
Starter
Posts: 2,211
And1: 698
Joined: Jul 31, 2016
Location: Some island in Philippines
         

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#507 » by Tiny ball » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:18 pm

sam_I_am wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:Tacko has to beat out Green for last roster spot or he will be a Red Claw. I think Strus and Waters are staying as 2 ways so team can stash for a year. Tacko is on the bubble because of his poor fit for modern NBA. This 538 article on Hibbert might as well have been written about Tacko.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-the-nba-abandoned-roy-hibbert

Good points. I hope that Tacko sticks with the Celtics.


Me too. I really like him and hope he proves all the doubters wrong. It’s a strange new era.....even Bol Bol is only getting a 2 way deal from Denver.
Coaches and general managers are sheep. They follow the leader. Golden state small ball. I'm not sure if people have ever watched these big boss types. I have been able to just sit back and watch they all seemed like brain dead sheep to me. Really quite funny to watch them and their families.
Tiny ball
Starter
Posts: 2,211
And1: 698
Joined: Jul 31, 2016
Location: Some island in Philippines
         

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#508 » by Tiny ball » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:23 pm

I think with most NBA players it is not smart to play these meaning less games. I think Tacko screwed up. He was kicking ass on world wide TV against great players shooting like 70% and hitting his foul shots. Would be hard for Brad to send him to Maine or keep him on the bench.
TinyArchibald
Ballboy
Posts: 40
And1: 47
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
 

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#509 » by TinyArchibald » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:48 pm

Tiny ball wrote:Coaches and general managers are sheep. They follow the leader. Golden state small ball. I'm not sure if people have ever watched these big boss types. I have been able to just sit back and watch they all seemed like brain dead sheep to me. Really quite funny to watch them and their families.


Danny is not a perfect GM, but he isn't a sheep. He signs and drafts players that other GMs don't even consider.
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 23,545
And1: 22,211
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#510 » by Parliament10 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:12 pm

Read on Twitter




Read on Twitter




He's Rocking the Green, like he belongs here.
Make it so, Danny.
“We’re building a culture of accountability, trust, and togetherness. Entitlement will not be tolerated”
– Brad Stevens
User avatar
Celtics_History_Lesson
Analyst
Posts: 3,337
And1: 5,443
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: It's wise, man, to tank for Wiseman.

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#511 » by Celtics_History_Lesson » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:13 am

Markelle has Faults, Lonzo can't Ball, Jayson Tatum is the best player in his draft.

NBA Championships
Boston 17
Syracuse 1
Rochester 1
Toronto 0*
cloverleaf
Head Coach
Posts: 6,197
And1: 3,453
Joined: Feb 10, 2007

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#512 » by cloverleaf » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:21 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:Enquiring minds would like to know... when did Tacko's parents stop calling him Tackuito? At four years old? When he started walking and dunking on a Nerf hoop? At two months old?


We're talking about Elhadji Tacko Sereigne Diop Fall here. Did they even remember that Tacko was one of his given names?
CeltsfaninDC
Veteran
Posts: 2,874
And1: 1,272
Joined: Oct 26, 2005
     

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#513 » by CeltsfaninDC » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:11 pm

Read on Twitter
CeltsfaninDC
Veteran
Posts: 2,874
And1: 1,272
Joined: Oct 26, 2005
     

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#514 » by CeltsfaninDC » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:42 pm

Read on Twitter
cloverleaf
Head Coach
Posts: 6,197
And1: 3,453
Joined: Feb 10, 2007

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#515 » by cloverleaf » Yesterday 10:43 am

So Tacko's in the old KO role as the gentle giant at the annual Canobie Lake Park trip? Even team owner Pags couldn't resist taking a ride on the Flume with him.

I am pretty sure the C's have never featured undrafted players with no guarantee beyond training camp in their community work before. I would be shocked if he doesn't make the team.
Homerclease
RealGM
Posts: 23,881
And1: 21,564
Joined: Dec 09, 2015
       

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#516 » by Homerclease » Yesterday 3:38 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Return to Boston Celtics