ImageImageImage

Tacko Fall Signed to Two-Way (10-13-19)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#41 » by cloverleaf » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:47 pm

A couple of draft workout interviews where he talks about how much quicker and stronger he has got, with the help of his trainers:

https://www.nba.com/magic/videos/draft-workouts/orlando-magic-tacko-fall-interview-20190603
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Re: Bring in Tacko Fall to camp 

Post#42 » by Bleeding Green » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:51 pm

BigShaq34 wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Tacko Fall is so bad, dunno what anyone sees in him. Do you think he could even pretend to stay on the court for one defensive possession against an NBA team? Sideshow player, have fun in China or something, bro. He will be 100 pct attacked every defensive possession just like someone like Boban, except at least Boban is freakishly strong in the post and is an automatic 2 pts every time down the court so it evens out. Tacko Fall is an eight foot pylon who shoots 36 pct from the FT line. He'll be fun for some summer league highlights and hopefully there will be some meme-able clips of him not even being able to run the length of the court or something.

When people look at Tacko Fall, what do they envision his absolute ceiling to be? He's the least agile player in the history of the NBA, he can't shoot, he's 10 feet tall and likely made of glass. Any good big will be able to box him out with ease, but sure he can snag some cheap rebounds over shorter players and I bet he'd be able to swat a few fun blocks. You legit will not even be able to run an offense with him on the court. It'll be 4v5 until he shows up in the halfcourt with 12 seconds left on the shotclock.

While I agree with most of what you're saying, to say he's the least agile player in NBA history might be a stretch. I can think of guys that played in the league (not today) that were slower than Tacko.

Your criticism are a bit exaggerated and harsh. If this was 15-20 years ago he would have gotten drafted yesterday easily. He was born in the wrong era.

What era would he have been drafted in? Even his closest comp, Manute Bol, was drafted in a round that no longer exists and that was closer to 40 years ago. Dude is completely immobile. I'm not even remotely seeing how he could be used in an NBA game except in some sort of late game situation where you need a tall guy to bother the inbounder or on some kind of inbounds play where you just lob it up to him for a tip in. He is unbelievable slow. He can bother shots at the rim, but I don't see how it matters if he will just get destroyed in PnR he'll just be a foul machine. At least he'll be fun to watch for a bit as a sideshow in SL.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,365

Post#43 » by Shak_Celts » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:52 pm

Danny is trying to be funny, yeah I was a little taken aback with our shorties last night but this went extreme in the other direction! Lol
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,427

Post#44 » by Gant » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:56 pm

He'll be at training camp too:

Read on Twitter
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#45 » by Bleeding Green » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:56 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Tacko Fall is so bad, dunno what anyone sees in him. Do you think he could even pretend to stay on the court for one defensive possession against an NBA team? Sideshow player, have fun in China or something, bro. He will be 100 pct attacked every defensive possession just like someone like Boban, except at least Boban is freakishly strong in the post and is an automatic 2 pts every time down the court so it evens out. Tacko Fall is an eight foot pylon who shoots 36 pct from the FT line. He'll be fun for some summer league highlights and hopefully there will be some meme-able clips of him not even being able to run the length of the court or something.

When people look at Tacko Fall, what do they envision his absolute ceiling to be? He's the least agile player in the history of the NBA, he can't shoot, he's 10 feet tall and likely made of glass. Any good big will be able to box him out with ease, but sure he can snag some cheap rebounds over shorter players and I bet he'd be able to swat a few fun blocks. You legit will not even be able to run an offense with him on the court. It'll be 4v5 until he shows up in the halfcourt with 12 seconds left on the shotclock.

He's actually surprisingly mobile and fluid for his size. He's also not as scrawny as, say, Bol Bol.

Yeah, for his size it's incredible he's able to move at all. He's still the least mobile guy in the NBA. Jason Klotz, Ian Vouyoukas, James Hughes, Keith Gallon and Solomon Alabi are the only guys who I can find who scored worse in the lane agility test at the combine the last decade. Some real greats.

He'd be MVP in the Big 3 or some kind of modified halfcourt basketball league.

Hope I'm wrong, because it would be cool if a guy with this unique of a skillset and body were able to succeed in a league that says he really shouldn't. I'd pay good money to see Tremont Waters dunk on him.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man
And1: 894

Post#46 » by ZeroTolerance » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:07 pm

Parasite wrote:He’s terrible but it will be fun to watch.

Never heard of him?...Sounds like an accident waiting to happen?

Could be interesting though when he and Bol Bol meet?

Total slow motion freak show!

One could just stand in front of his basket and wait for a pass...While the other could do the same on the other end....

No need to walk up and down the court

At half time you could just leave them standing out there to play defense in the 2nd half! :D
CelticsLV
Head Coach
And1: 6,662

Post#47 » by CelticsLV » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:11 pm

crashfromboston wrote:Don’t shoot me but you can’t teach size, he may be slow but could do some damage in the paint. Could be a cheap body to hide and develop in the d league.

He's almost 24 and couldn't even dominate in college. Below 50 % ft shooter. There's nothing to develope.
Parasite
Starter
And1: 2,241

Post#48 » by Parasite » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:12 pm

jfs1000d wrote:

Watched his entire career. Not terrible. Slow as molasses, but he can protect the rim. Just have to work on lane footwork to get in position.

Exhibit 10 contract? Why not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m all for this contract as well but let’s be clear. He is terrible when you are talking about an NBA caliber player. If all he can do is protect the rim sometimes, and that IS all he can do, that isn’t NBA caliber. Not even close. There is a reason this 7’7” man wasn’t drafted.

Curious though. What odds do you give him of sticking on an NBA roster.
CelticsLV
Head Coach
And1: 6,662

Post#49 » by CelticsLV » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:12 pm

Shak_Celts wrote:Danny is trying to be funny, yeah I was a little taken aback with our shorties last night but this went extreme in the other direction! Lol

Swinging for those fences! :lol:
Parasite
Starter
And1: 2,241

Post#50 » by Parasite » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:14 pm

ZeroTolerance wrote:

One could just stand in front of his basket and wait for a pass...While the other could do the same on the other end....

At half time you could just leave them standing out there to play defense in the 2nd half! :D

Oh I love this signing for the pure entertainment value alone. But he will never be a rotation player in the NBA. Never ever ever.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,718

Post#51 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:17 pm

More like Tacko Fail amiright?
*Insert witty signature here.*
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man
And1: 894

Post#52 » by ZeroTolerance » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:19 pm

Parasite wrote:
ZeroTolerance wrote:

Oh I love this signing for the pure entertainment value alone. But he will never be a rotation player in the NBA. Never ever ever.

I kid cuz I can....couldn't be any worse then Henry Finkel was back in the day?...He always got a huge cheer from the fans for his "garbage time" heroics! :)
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#53 » by cloverleaf » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:39 pm

More, from his wikipedia page:

"Fall is a devout Muslim.[3] He maintained a 4.0 grade point average (GPA) in high school,[24] while taking advanced mathematics and science classes. He became fluent in English within 8 months and scored in the 95th percentile on the SAT. A computer science major at UCF,[7] Fall has aspirations of becoming an engineer for electronic companies such as Siemens or Microsoft, which currently makes a future in professional basketball unclear.[3]"

The C's theme of drafting smart players continues.
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,731

Post#54 » by OldCeltics » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:44 pm

Is Tacko better than Zion? I think so. Tacko and Time Lord taking over.

75% FG :o
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,365

Post#55 » by Shak_Celts » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:56 pm

cloverleaf wrote:More, from his wikipedia page:

"Fall is a devout Muslim.[3] He maintained a 4.0 grade point average (GPA) in high school,[24] while taking advanced mathematics and science classes. He became fluent in English within 8 months and scored in the 95th percentile on the SAT. A computer science major at UCF,[7] Fall has aspirations of becoming an engineer for electronic companies such as Siemens or Microsoft, which currently makes a future in professional basketball unclear.[3]"

I watched that old video of Tacko pretty much laughing at how easy our schoolwork is. Every time people from other countries talk about our educational system, it's like a chorus, they seem to all say our curriculum is SOO much easier. It's because our country doesn't really care about education, it's get them in and gets them out to work and keep our country wealthy. How we are always near or at the bottom in education is f'd. Most of the time we are taught stuff that does not help at all in the real world and by taught, I'm talking just enough to barely pass tests and then it all goes out the window. We are #1 and that's all that matters! :roll:
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,705

Post#56 » by return2glory » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:57 pm

Man this is want I wanted. Last night after the draft I said bring in Tackso and Moses Brown.

I watched a few of his games last year and this year. Anyone see what he did in the Tournament? Especially against Duke, he almost helped his team beat Duke.

He has flaws to his game but he also can clog up the middle. He would be good used sparingly against teams that have low post scoring bigs. I could see him contain a guy like Embiid for stretches.

Usually guys picked up only for SL don’t make the team but it could be cool having Tacko make the team. But one step at a time.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#57 » by cloverleaf » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:09 am

Shak_Celts wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:More, from his wikipedia page:

I watched that old video of Tacko pretty much laughing at how easy our schoolwork is. Every time people from other countries talk about our educational system, it's like a chorus, they seem to all say our curriculum is SOO much easier. It's because our country doesn't really care about education, it's get them in and gets them out to work and keep our country wealthy. How we are always near or at the bottom in education is f'd. Most of the time we are taught stuff that does not help at all in the real world and by taught, I'm talking just enough to barely pass tests and then it all goes out the window. We are #1 and that's all that matters! :roll:

We're really veering off topic here, but I chalk it up largely to the ed schools and teachers unions, because we used to do so much better. We know that phonics works teaching reading to kids and yet that is constantly resisted in our public schools. Whether malpractice or outright criminal, what we do to our children today with education is horrific. It starts with setting many boys hopelessly behind because we don't make them competent readers, then spreads through the writing, math and history especially that are simply taught criminally wrong--insofar as they (e.g., history) are taught at all.

The gap is biggest between those African and Caribbean students who make it here and our own African-American communities, leading to inevitable friction between the groups.
Disinformation
Starter
And1: 3,076

Post#58 » by Disinformation » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:18 am

brackdan70 wrote:Yaaaasaaassssssss!!!!!!

Dude has 4% chance to ever play a minute in the league but I am all in on him tearing the **** out of Portland Maine.

:lol:
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2021 Offseason

It's a brave new world. No one knows what's going to happen, least of all me.
C-West
Bench Warmer
And1: 491

Re: Tacko Fall Signs Exhibit 10 Contract w/ Boston 

Post#59 » by C-West » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:23 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:You wish, Danny commands...

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Now please wish for an NBA title.

Please Please tell me that July 8th is a Tuesday.
jcappy
Sixth Man
And1: 515

Post#60 » by jcappy » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:30 am

I saw him play twice this past season (on TV) and he was a real force in both games. It's not just shot-blocking and rim protection, but also amazing inside scoring. In the first game, he literally scored 5 straight inside shots... it was just a matter of getting the ball in his hands down deep. But in one game he was given a lot of bench time for no apparent reason... given he was at the time the leading scorer. I didn't think he was all that slow, but I got the impression that for him to move that big body up and down the court took something out of him.
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
~ Muhammad Ali

Return to Boston Celtics