ImageImageImage

Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall!

Moderators: Froob, ParticleMan, The Comedian, Parliament10, canman1971, sully00, djFan71

User avatar
31to6
RealGM
Posts: 12,151
And1: 13,040
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: all your picks

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#421 » by 31to6 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:52 pm

So the SL in the title means Starting Lineup, amirite? :wink:
cloverleaf
Head Coach
Posts: 6,234
And1: 3,487
Joined: Feb 10, 2007

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#422 » by cloverleaf » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:52 pm

31to6 wrote:So the SL in the title means Starting Lineup, amirite? :wink:


Ha ha--maybe a year early. That Tacko and Rob frontcourt, once Rob gets his 3-ball down, is gonna be a killer!
cloverleaf
Head Coach
Posts: 6,234
And1: 3,487
Joined: Feb 10, 2007

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#423 » by cloverleaf » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:58 pm

sam_I_am wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:Tacko either gets 2 way, makes roster which means a 2 yr. rookie deal, or we sign him to Maine and risk some other team offering contract. Due to rescinding Theis QO and signing him, we cannot offer Tacko or Waters a 4 year rookie deal. I think Waters is a guy team is high on so but don’t really need this year with Wannamaker. I bet they would rather keep him (Waters) in Maine and keep option to give him 4 year deal next year so they don’t get a Brogdon situation.

This, IMO, means Tacko will be the guy to get 15th roster spot.

Why would Tacko sign a two way real? He will walk and sign 4 year deal odds are few million a year. He might take 5 million two years if they swear he plays 10 to 15 minutes a game. If not he walks. Brad hates bigs and Danny well he will say we tried to sign him.


Why would he? So he can play in NBA some day.

1. Nobody drafted him
2. His per 36 min numbers for SL were 7 ppg, 4 rpg....but he only played 12 min per game
3. His lane agility, vertical leap, shuttle runs were bottom 6% of all centers who have ever been measured at combine
4. All his offense comes as a post player and he has 19% turnover rate in post
5. On pick and roll he only converts 6% of time.

If somebody wants to pay him $5 million for 2 years, then he won’t be a Celtic and I would congratulate him.


What does Tacko need a vertical leap for? Or, for that matter, much lane agility either, considering his wingspan? And those weren't his per-36 #, they were for the 12 minutes per game he averaged. And he wasn't used to finish a lot when when setting picks in college. So what? He's still learning and has other strengths. The dude averaged a 26.1 PER, .185 WS/48, and 8.1 BPM through 4 years of college--as a near newcomer to basketball. In that time, he had a career O/DRtg of 111.2/89.7. In his last season, he averaged 18/12 with 4 blocks and fewer than 3 TOs per 40.
cloverleaf
Head Coach
Posts: 6,234
And1: 3,487
Joined: Feb 10, 2007

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#424 » by cloverleaf » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:48 pm

For those who can't get enough Tacko Fall:

https://www.athletespeakers.com/speaker/tacko-fall
User avatar
GoCeltics123
General Manager
Posts: 8,852
And1: 12,681
Joined: May 05, 2015
         

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#425 » by GoCeltics123 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:40 pm

Read on Twitter
GET 'EM A BODY BAG KEMBA!!!! YEAHHHHHHH!!!

I lost the bet so I Hate Truth18
User avatar
GoCeltics123
General Manager
Posts: 8,852
And1: 12,681
Joined: May 05, 2015
         

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#426 » by GoCeltics123 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:50 pm

Read on Twitter
GET 'EM A BODY BAG KEMBA!!!! YEAHHHHHHH!!!

I lost the bet so I Hate Truth18
User avatar
Green89
RealGM
Posts: 18,860
And1: 15,781
Joined: Apr 01, 2013

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#427 » by Green89 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:12 pm

User avatar
sam_I_am
RealGM
Posts: 12,584
And1: 3,882
Joined: Jul 10, 2004

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#428 » by sam_I_am » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:26 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:Why would Tacko sign a two way real? He will walk and sign 4 year deal odds are few million a year. He might take 5 million two years if they swear he plays 10 to 15 minutes a game. If not he walks. Brad hates bigs and Danny well he will say we tried to sign him.


Why would he? So he can play in NBA some day.

1. Nobody drafted him
2. His per 36 min numbers for SL were 7 ppg, 4 rpg....but he only played 12 min per game
3. His lane agility, vertical leap, shuttle runs were bottom 6% of all centers who have ever been measured at combine
4. All his offense comes as a post player and he has 19% turnover rate in post
5. On pick and roll he only converts 6% of time.

If somebody wants to pay him $5 million for 2 years, then he won’t be a Celtic and I would congratulate him.


What does Tacko need a vertical leap for? Or, for that matter, much lane agility either, considering his wingspan? And those weren't his per-36 #, they were for the 12 minutes per game he averaged. And he wasn't used to finish a lot when when setting picks in college. So what? He's still learning and has other strengths. The dude averaged a 26.1 PER, .185 WS/48, and 8.1 BPM through 4 years of college--as a near newcomer to basketball. In that time, he had a career O/DRtg of 111.2/89.7. In his last season, he averaged 18/12 with 4 blocks and fewer than 3 TOs per 40.


It matters because there are and have been 7-4 guys in NBA like Ralph Sampson, Yao Ming, Porzingis who are/were incredibly quick, agile and with hops who still had struggles in NBA. There is a 7 footer named Giannis who can jump from foul line and dunk and run fast break. There is a 7 footer named Durant who is a deadly 3 pt shooter. Being a 7-7 stiff with wingspan just isn’t good enough. I think we all have higher hopes for Tacko - we all hope, as the quote above states, that his growth in the few months since college is going to continue all season.....but it really really has to accelerate at that rate....because right now he isn’t good enough. Definitely worth a flyer. Just my opinion based on observation of SL.
sam_I_am »2017:Kyrie isn't much of an upgrade over IT and he is **** crazy. Demands to be traded after 3 finals passing on supermax to go to Knicks. More talent around than IT did 2 yrs ago, no playoffs until Lebron came.Kyrie cant hold leads w/o Lebron.
cloverleaf
Head Coach
Posts: 6,234
And1: 3,487
Joined: Feb 10, 2007

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#429 » by cloverleaf » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:28 pm

Green89 wrote:


Tacko is no stiff.

And all those players you mention had or have had good NBA careers, while still being shorties compared to Tacko!
User avatar
Green89
RealGM
Posts: 18,860
And1: 15,781
Joined: Apr 01, 2013

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#430 » by Green89 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:32 pm

Read on Twitter
Tiny ball
Starter
Posts: 2,221
And1: 705
Joined: Jul 31, 2016
Location: Some island in Philippines
         

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#431 » by Tiny ball » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:45 pm

sam_I_am wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:
Why would he? So he can play in NBA some day.

1. Nobody drafted him
2. His per 36 min numbers for SL were 7 ppg, 4 rpg....but he only played 12 min per game
3. His lane agility, vertical leap, shuttle runs were bottom 6% of all centers who have ever been measured at combine
4. All his offense comes as a post player and he has 19% turnover rate in post
5. On pick and roll he only converts 6% of time.

If somebody wants to pay him $5 million for 2 years, then he won’t be a Celtic and I would congratulate him.


What does Tacko need a vertical leap for? Or, for that matter, much lane agility either, considering his wingspan? And those weren't his per-36 #, they were for the 12 minutes per game he averaged. And he wasn't used to finish a lot when when setting picks in college. So what? He's still learning and has other strengths. The dude averaged a 26.1 PER, .185 WS/48, and 8.1 BPM through 4 years of college--as a near newcomer to basketball. In that time, he had a career O/DRtg of 111.2/89.7. In his last season, he averaged 18/12 with 4 blocks and fewer than 3 TOs per 40.


It matters because there are and have been 7-4 guys in NBA like Ralph Sampson, Yao Ming, Porzingis who are/were incredibly quick, agile and with hops who still had struggles in NBA. There is a 7 footer named Giannis who can jump from foul line and dunk and run fast break. There is a 7 footer named Durant who is a deadly 3 pt shooter. Being a 7-7 stiff with wingspan just isn’t good enough. I think we all have higher hopes for Tacko - we all hope, as the quote above states, that his growth in the few months since college is going to continue all season.....but it really really has to accelerate at that rate....because right now he isn’t good enough. Definitely worth a flyer. Just my opinion based on observation of SL.
He is going to kick some ass in the NBA. He is past good enough to near unstoppable.
JmacBronco68
Ballboy
Posts: 20
And1: 22
Joined: Jun 29, 2013
         

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#432 » by JmacBronco68 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:52 pm

Tacko doesn't have to be KD or Sampson or Giannis to be worth the 15th spot. He just has to impact the game along the lines of other backup centers like Robin Lopez, WCS, Kosta Koufus, Kyle O'Quinn, etc.
Tiny ball
Starter
Posts: 2,221
And1: 705
Joined: Jul 31, 2016
Location: Some island in Philippines
         

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#433 » by Tiny ball » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:02 pm

JmacBronco68 wrote:Tacko doesn't have to be KD or Sampson or Giannis to be worth the 15th spot. He just has to impact the game along the lines of other backup centers like Robin Lopez, WCS, Kosta Koufus, Kyle O'Quinn, etc.

He is like a tank going up against armored cars. He is going to destroy people that get in his way.
Tiny ball
Starter
Posts: 2,221
And1: 705
Joined: Jul 31, 2016
Location: Some island in Philippines
         

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#434 » by Tiny ball » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:06 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
JmacBronco68 wrote:Tacko doesn't have to be KD or Sampson or Giannis to be worth the 15th spot. He just has to impact the game along the lines of other backup centers like Robin Lopez, WCS, Kosta Koufus, Kyle O'Quinn, etc.

He is like a tank going up against armored cars. He is going to destroy people that get in his way.
Brad hates bigs. So should Tacko stay and Brad go. My vote is for Tacko. Bigger is better when you play center.
User avatar
Bad-Thoma
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,137
And1: 3,607
Joined: Feb 22, 2006
Location: Still riding proud on the C's bandwagon

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#435 » by Bad-Thoma » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:32 pm

Tiny ball wrote: Brad hates bigs.



Image


You are aware that just because you say something like it's true that doesn't make it true, right?
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 34,553
And1: 10,733
Joined: Jun 26, 2003
Location: Big 3 will crush the east!
     

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#436 » by Darth Celtic » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:43 pm

Bad-Thoma wrote:
Tiny ball wrote: Brad hates bigs.



Image


You are aware that just because you say something like it's true that doesn't make it true, right?

He's been making crap up like this all offseason.
Prokorov "My first hand sources are agents of players who heard it from the players, first hand, from other players who were there first hand told by a assistant gm who saw it on Reddit"
Tiny ball
Starter
Posts: 2,221
And1: 705
Joined: Jul 31, 2016
Location: Some island in Philippines
         

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#437 » by Tiny ball » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:45 pm

Bad-Thoma wrote:
Tiny ball wrote: Brad hates bigs.



Image


You are aware that just because you say something like it's true that doesn't make it true, right?
He ran Horford out of town playing him at center. He seemed to refuse to want to win anyway but his way. I think he just refused to use Baynes and Horford together last year but they nearly got us to the finals the year before with couple young pups.
He abused Horford. He would not even give Williams development minutes. He could not get bigs in college and he not has a huge grudge against bigs.imho
Roland2000
Sophomore
Posts: 150
And1: 187
Joined: Jun 30, 2017
 

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#438 » by Roland2000 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:13 pm

The guy has so much potential. I am truly shocked that this is even a discussion. At the very least, develop him, pump up his value and use him to get an even better player.

I think they underestimated him and, while doing so, really filled in their big man spots with other good candidates like Kanter and Poirier. They also have Time Lord. So, at the moment, they are loaded. Time Lord better figure out how to be a power forward real quick. Otherwise, he's not getting much playing time at all. They have Theis too....who has to try power forward....

Anyway, I think Tacko will keep improving. He's just at the beginning of his development.
User avatar
OldCeltics
Starter
Posts: 2,202
And1: 2,052
Joined: Jul 05, 2012
   

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#439 » by OldCeltics » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:30 pm

If you put Tacko in for 20 min this year he'll at least get block shots, defend drives to rim, and get a few layups.

On a bad team Tacko could easily get 10 points, 8 boards, 3blk this year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
sam_I_am
RealGM
Posts: 12,584
And1: 3,882
Joined: Jul 10, 2004

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#440 » by sam_I_am » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:01 pm

OldCeltics wrote:If you put Tacko in for 20 min this year he'll at least get block shots, defend drives to rim, and get a few layups.

On a bad team Tacko could easily get 10 points, 8 boards, 3blk this year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app


I think you underestimate how much harder it is to score in paint at NBA level compared to SL. Nothing is easy. His slow and deliberate post moves will get eaten alive at next level, and nobody has patience to set them up anymore anyway. To score he is going to have to learn to roll, catch and finish quickly. And why can’t he? Seems easier than a sky hook anyway.

To the point that he only needs to be good enough to be 15th man.....if that is true.....then who cares anyway? We want the next Rudy Gobert .... not the next Kosta Koufos....I mean come on.....there is more to this than just getting free Tacos because he barely squeaks onto roster.
sam_I_am »2017:Kyrie isn't much of an upgrade over IT and he is **** crazy. Demands to be traded after 3 finals passing on supermax to go to Knicks. More talent around than IT did 2 yrs ago, no playoffs until Lebron came.Kyrie cant hold leads w/o Lebron.

Return to Boston Celtics