ImageImageImage

Who is the next IT we can trade for?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

theman
RealGM
And1: 1,407

Re: Who is the next IT we can trade for? 

Post#61 » by theman » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:00 pm

How about Skal Labissiere? At one time was project to be a top 3 pick and fell to 28. I'd gladly trade Yabusele for him.
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
Diamondman07
Pro Prospect
And1: 266

Post#62 » by Diamondman07 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:01 am

theman wrote:How about Skal Labissiere? At one time was project to be a top 3 pick and fell to 28. I'd gladly trade Yabusele for him.

I’d be good with this move, would save a few dollars as well
THREE Time Dunn Elementary Paper Air Plane launch champion
m haynes
Junior
And1: 133

Post#63 » by m haynes » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:06 pm

theman wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:DAngelo Russell comes to mind if we could somehow get him in a S&T. A big asset acquired for essentially nothing. The other move that comes to mind is absorbing a bad contract and getting back a draft pick.

Russell is the guy I want too. It makes a lot of sense from a chip on shoulder aspect. If Kyrie goes to the Nets, Russell will want to stick it to them, and he probably wants to stick it to the Lakers as well.
Great post. I never thought of the stick it to both team. Here is maybe the 1st young star we can sign!

DA pitch. KI said you are done when he comes. The flat-side king has arrived!
Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Post#64 » by Gomes3PC » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Tyus Jones is well worth a flyer IMO. He's 22, a hard worker, and has a tremendous vision for the floor. He will struggle to be a volume scorer at his size but I think at worst you have a great, young backup PG for the next 4-5 years who could slot next to Smart, behind Smart, or next to guys like Brown/Langford as well.

Jones is basically what we wanted Phil Pressey to be. And if he can become a knockdown 3PT shooter like his college stats and FT% suggests, you have yourself a really nice young piece who is in the same age range as the rest of the core. Minny clearly doesn't see him as the future and if they chase DAR, I think he could be scooped up quite cheaply.
Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Post#65 » by Gomes3PC » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:26 pm

Also, I am extremely in favor of kicking the tires on Thomas Bryant. Very well-rounded player, excellent finisher, hustles whenever I have watched him play, in the exact age bracket we are looking for. I also have seen him make some really nice decisions / passes with the ball. Not saying he will become Al Horford or something, but he's not a black hole when it comes his way and over time I think he can be a positive contributor to team playmaking. Similarly, his 3PT track record is brief in both college and NBA, but he has good form, a solid FT% and is a career 45% shooter from 16-23 feet.
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,969

Post#66 » by darrendaye » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:53 pm

Gomes3PC wrote:Also, I am extremely in favor of kicking the tires on Thomas Bryant. Very well-rounded player, excellent finisher, hustles whenever I have watched him play, in the exact age bracket we are looking for. I also have seen him make some really nice decisions / passes with the ball. Not saying he will become Al Horford or something, but he's not a black hole when it comes his way and over time I think he can be a positive contributor to team playmaking. Similarly, his 3PT track record is brief in both college and NBA, but he has good form, a solid FT% and is a career 45% shooter from 16-23 feet.

I think it is helpful having a guy who plays with that consistent energy playing with Robert Williams. For me personally, it's something, if I were Ainge, I'd value VERY strongly as Williams has a chance to really make an impact if he is given very fertile grounds in which to grow. Losing Horford is a blow. The guy they bring in has got to be a good voice in Williams' ear or at least example to follow.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
Higgs Boston
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,625

Post#67 » by Higgs Boston » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:01 am

Clearly D'angelo Russell, he is the only one that is really young and cheap with potential to be a perennial or occasional all-star at least.
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,415

Post#68 » by Mr Loggins » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:03 am

jordan clarkson?
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,417

Post#69 » by brackdan70 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:16 am

Higgs Boston wrote:Clearly D'angelo Russell, he is the only one that is really young and cheap with potential to be a perennial or occasional all-star at least.

YOung yes....but he is going get a max or near max contract.
Far from cheap.
Sign here
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,417

Post#70 » by brackdan70 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:16 am

Mr Loggins wrote:jordan clarkson?

Uhhhhh
Sign here
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,415

Post#71 » by Mr Loggins » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:57 am

brackdan70 wrote:
Mr Loggins wrote:jordan clarkson?

Uhhhhh

:nod:
Higgs Boston
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,625

Post#72 » by Higgs Boston » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:16 am

brackdan70 wrote:
Higgs Boston wrote:Clearly D'angelo Russell, he is the only one that is really young and cheap with potential to be a perennial or occasional all-star at least.

YOung yes....but he is going get a max or near max contract.
Far from cheap.

Cheap in terms of assets, that is supposedly what the OP meant.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#73 » by Bleeding Green » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:39 am

Larry Nance is woefully underused in Cleveland. No idea what the cost to acquire would be, though. Not a player of IT's caliber, of course. I don't think such a player exists that is cheap to acquire and would then almost instantly be the best player on the Celtics.

A guy like Tyus Jones I like a lot, would just cost money if Minny didn't want to match. Not IT level, but I would love to see him get starter minutes, my favorite kind of PG who just does everything well.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#74 » by celticfan42487 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:47 am

Okay guys, with Woj saying Celtics are more than a strong front runner I guess the next IT is Kemba.

Nothing cheaper asset wise than just signing someone who was an all-star for the past 3 consecutive seasons!!! Works for me hahahha

¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sibelius
Freshman
And1: 71

Post#75 » by Sibelius » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:00 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:Okay guys, with Woj saying Celtics are more than a strong front runner I guess the next IT is Kemba.

Nothing cheaper asset wise than just signing someone who was an all-star for the past 3 consecutive seasons!!! Works for me hahahha

Well, we are giving up Horford, Baynes, Morris and Rozier to be fair
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,043

Post#76 » by 31to6 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:08 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:Larry Nance is woefully underused in Cleveland. No idea what the cost to acquire would be, though. Not a player of IT's caliber, of course. I don't think such a player exists that is cheap to acquire and would then almost instantly be the best player on the Celtics.

A guy like Tyus Jones I like a lot, would just cost money if Minny didn't want to match. Not IT level, but I would love to see him get starter minutes, my favorite kind of PG who just does everything well.

Ooh Nance Jr is a really good thought. Are the Cavs dysfunctional enough to trade him? Probably not but his advanced #s (especially defensively) are great:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/nancela02.html#all_advanced

Sabonis interests me too — would probably take JB to get him which I’d really struggle with, but he seems undervalued by a lot on this board (guess boring but effective big men like him and Vuc don’t resonate — is it the foreign blood stigma?): https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/sabondo01.html#all_advanced
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#77 » by celticfan42487 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:25 pm

Sibelius wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:Okay guys, with Woj saying Celtics are more than a strong front runner I guess the next IT is Kemba.

Well, we are giving up Horford, Baynes, Morris and Rozier to be fair

We were losing all of them, with potentially the exception of Rozier, before we were signing Kemba.

You have to do the best with the life you got.

The NBA team building is a roller coaster, so when it goes bad it ALLLLLL goes bad (because players have stupid power right now), when it goes good it all rolls up.

Getting an all-star for free asset wise transforms us from a tanking team to a decent playoff team. But yeah we're not real contenders without an MVP no matter what. But who cares, maybe we sign Kemba and trade him to the Nets for 4 first rounders next year.

All the advantages are on the side of the rich in the NBA due to stupid **** player power in the league.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,450

Post#78 » by KL78192020 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:55 pm

IT is the next IT, hes not getting minutes, his value is low but with all the time of maybe he bounces back. Bring him home!
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#79 » by Bleeding Green » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:40 pm

Gomes3PC wrote:Tyus Jones is well worth a flyer IMO. He's 22, a hard worker, and has a tremendous vision for the floor. He will struggle to be a volume scorer at his size but I think at worst you have a great, young backup PG for the next 4-5 years who could slot next to Smart, behind Smart, or next to guys like Brown/Langford as well.

Jones is basically what we wanted Phil Pressey to be. And if he can become a knockdown 3PT shooter like his college stats and FT% suggests, you have yourself a really nice young piece who is in the same age range as the rest of the core. Minny clearly doesn't see him as the future and if they chase DAR, I think he could be scooped up quite cheaply.

I don't watch a lot of Minny games, but was always surprised when I'd catch one and Tyus was not getting minutes in favor of retreads like Jamal Crawford and Derrick Rose. But he also had a down year in an upgraded role this year, so he could just be a mediocre backup PG, but I have a feeling he's one of those late blooming PGs like Lowry/Billups/Smart. I would think once the 3 pt shot starts falling he'll be golden. He's a perfect low-usage PG that just gets everyone open looks, I would have thought that would be great in Minnesota especially when they had Wiggins/Butler/KAT as all high-usage players.

With Kemba allegedly in the fold I guess there isn't room for him in Boston, though. Especially as he's an RFA and any contract I'd feel comfortable offering him would just be matched by Minnesota.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.

Return to Boston Celtics