ImageImageImage

Let's talk Robert Williams

Moderators: Froob, ParticleMan, The Comedian, Parliament10, canman1971, sully00, djFan71

djFan71
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,968

Re: Let's talk Robert Williams 

Post#241 » by djFan71 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:40 am

5InOfLouisville wrote:If timelord masters rotations and laying off fakes, im all in. I wouldnt even worry about his offense.

I believe in his physical tools obviously. We are thin on talent at the position and youre right, the opportunity is there

Im ready to be sold...I WANT to be sold. Theres a decent case for him... but when i watch him, he still seems a bit far away, while offering those glimpses of what might be.

Is there a comp out there, who seemed lost but then picked it up? Let me get a couple bees in and maybe ill order a timelord poster before the nights over

Nah, don't change. I agree with your points in this thread. They're quite reasonable. I said all last year he just didn't know where to be (on either end), and was a year away from being a year way. But once/if he learned, he'd be a monster. For me, I hope 2 things. 1) He's improved enough to be able to stay on the court this year, so he can improve enough for a year 3 leap, 2) I would love for him to be able to play alongside another big eventually.

I would completely ignore #2 this year, keep things as simple as possible for him so he can do #1. The minutes are there and the bar is much lower to earn them. Like you, I'd love it if he did earn them, but I think he has a ways to go. My hope is he we make it a priority and just gift him a 5-6 min stretch each half regardless. Pull him if he's horrid, but let him earn more time out there if he's playing well.

I'd actually token start him for that reason. Play with other guys that DO know what they're doing and he can cover for the rim protection the rest of the starters lack. Other benefits too (Kanter gets more shots off bench, Smart balances him on D, etc), but not necessarily TL related and I don't wanna derail this into a rotation thread. Possible downside could be some early deficits, but his development could make it worth that risk.
OldCeltics
Starter
And1: 2,005

Post#242 » by OldCeltics » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:26 am

Dogen wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:
Dogen wrote:
Ojeleye has his own special powers, begotten from some ancient ritual no doubt (his back story will be in MCU in 2024).

Semi has the power to make things... halved. So if Time Lord jumps 12 inches to block a shot, Semi can make him look a fool by making it six inches. Same for bedtime activities where size does matter.

And if Time Lord decides to go back in time to 1919? Semi makes it.... um 1959.

Anyway, you get the point. They are both on the same team and need to join their super powers. I don't necessarily want to see Semi get more minutes than Williams, but I also don't wan't to see a 3' 5" Time Lord.... or Ojeleye sent back to early 19th Century US.

With great power comes great responsibility.

So then Timelord will adjust, and go back to 1819, with Semi's power he will land in 1919 where he wanted to. An half of Timelord's bedroom activities is still more than 90% of most basketball players.

All I'm saying is when you have the most powerful super hero, you use him, don't put him on the bench.

Yes, well with that logic, coach is also going to have to find some minutes for the one player who's super power is to spontaneously produce all-you-can-eat Tacos. Everybody wins. :beer:

Unlimited tacos and unlimited time to eat them :o Time Lord + Tacko
Dogen
General Manager
And1: 2,544

Post#243 » by Dogen » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:57 am

OldCeltics wrote:
Dogen wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:
So then Timelord will adjust, and go back to 1819, with Semi's power he will land in 1919 where he wanted to. An half of Timelord's bedroom activities is still more than 90% of most basketball players.

All I'm saying is when you have the most powerful super hero, you use him, don't put him on the bench.

Yes, well with that logic, coach is also going to have to find some minutes for the one player who's super power is to spontaneously produce all-you-can-eat Tacos. Everybody wins. :beer:

And only half the calories thanks to Semi. Now THAT'S superteamwork! :wink:
cloverleaf
Head Coach
And1: 3,453

Post#244 » by cloverleaf » Yesterday 10:54 am

Dogen wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:
Dogen wrote:

And only half the calories thanks to Semi. Now THAT'S superteamwork! :wink:

With Romeo that makes for a perfect date night.

Return to Boston Celtics