ImageImageImage

Kemba Walker Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Disinformation
Starter
And1: 3,076

Re: Kemba Walker Thread 

Post#641 » by Disinformation » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:15 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I mean, you did get like 4 months off when the season was suspended.
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2021 Offseason

It's a brave new world. No one knows what's going to happen, least of all me.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,690

Re: Kemba Walker Thread -- (Press Conf. on Knee, 12-02-20) 

Post#642 » by GoCeltics123 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:18 pm

Kemba sounded a lot more honest in this media availability so I hope he's right that the stem cells are doing work
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,948

Post#643 » by Parliament10 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:21 pm

Disinformation wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

He probably should have had it then, in hindsight.
But, who knew?

GoCeltics123 wrote:Kemba sounded a lot more honest in this media availability so I hope he's right that the stem cells are doing work

Let's hope. I've been seeing a lot of comments on the effectiveness of the Stem Cell treatment, on other players.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,193

Post#644 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Dec 2, 2020 10:20 pm

░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Post#645 » by djFan71 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 1:14 am

Man, he doesn't want to be there at all... can't blame him.
Saying the same thing over and over about something you are not happy about in the first place.
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#646 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Thu Dec 3, 2020 1:26 am

Guys. Kemba is not the problem. Jeusz.
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,409

Post#647 » by K For Three » Thu Dec 3, 2020 1:40 am

LarryBirdsFingr wrote:Guys. Kemba is not the problem. Jeusz.

We pulled an IT on him didn't we?
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#648 » by K For Three » Thu Dec 3, 2020 1:43 am

djFan71 wrote:Man, he doesn't want to be there at all... can't blame him.
Saying the same thing over and over about something you are not happy about in the first place.

Very unusual for him, he's usually such a happy guy. I hope he doesn't regret coming here, we have not had great luck with PGs lately.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#649 » by Feed Your Head » Thu Dec 3, 2020 1:43 am

Kemba Bum Knee wrote:

We pulled an IT on him didn't we?
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#650 » by djFan71 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:03 am

Kemba For Three wrote:

Very unusual for him, he's usually such a happy guy. I hope he doesn't regret coming here, we have not had great luck with PGs lately.

Nah, he gets better when he's not talking about his knee. It's god's plan he's here, etc. The knee is just a crap topic, you know he hates being hurt. And having to talk about it is probably worse than having to play with it, lol.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#651 » by K For Three » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:39 am

djFan71 wrote:
Kemba For Three wrote:

Nah, he gets better when he's not talking about his knee. It's god's plan he's here, etc. The knee is just a crap topic, you know he hates being hurt. And having to talk about it is probably worse than having to play with it, lol.

I didn't think he should have done the bubble, said it in a few game threads while it was happening.

Right now? He should take as much time off as possible until he feels comfortable with his knee. People might not like to hear it, but we likely aren't making the finals again this year barring a miracle. We are going to not have two big pieces of this team in Kemba at least for a while and we did lose Gordon too (while we are used to not having Gordon it's a loss of talent/depth.) Going to need massive contributions and good health from everyone else on the squad.

And if it's a covid filled interruption season like it has been in the NFL it might get frustrating in general. (I still don't get what the NBA's plans are, I think the season is starting too early.)

Also Kemba doesn't deserve hate IMO just because he got hurt, he's one of the better guys in the league who WANTED to be here and who toughs it out when he can. And it's right to get him healthy for those who want to move him later since if he doesn't get healthy he has no value. He isn't KD who gets the benefit of the doubt with a serious injury since well....that is arguably the best player in the league.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#652 » by djFan71 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 3:09 am

Kemba For Three wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
Kemba For Three wrote:Very unusual for him, he's usually such a happy guy. I hope he doesn't regret coming here, we have not had great luck with PGs lately.

I didn't think he should have done the bubble, said it in a few game threads while it was happening.

Right now? He should take as much time off as possible until he feels comfortable with his knee. People might not like to hear it, but we likely aren't making the finals again this year barring a miracle. We are going to not have two big pieces of this team in Kemba at least for a while and we did lose Gordon too (while we are used to not having Gordon it's a loss of talent/depth.) Going to need massive contributions and good health from everyone else on the squad.

And if it's a covid filled interruption season like it has been in the NFL it might get frustrating in general. (I still don't get what the NBA's plans are, I think the season is starting too early.)

Also Kemba doesn't deserve hate IMO just because he got hurt, he's one of the better guys in the league who WANTED to be here and who toughs it out when he can. And it's right to get him healthy for those who want to move him later since if he doesn't get healthy he has no value. He isn't KD who gets the benefit of the doubt with a serious injury since well....that is arguably the best player in the league.

Bubble is tough. It was the first time the dude got a chance to play in the playoffs with a real chance to win. It would have been really hard for him to sit it out. It doesn't sound like he damaged it more by playing, but who knows? If it was bubble playoffs vs the first few months of this season, they made the right call. If it caused more long term damage, wrong call.

The rest, I totally agree with. I was against the signing originally (don't like small guards in their 30s for this exact reason), but he's a great guy, great teammate, and was great on court when fully healthy. Best bet long term is to do ANY thing that makes him getting back to 100% even a remote possibility. However long that takes.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#653 » by MagicBagley18 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 3:10 am

“Been on a long run”- dude your season ended in April virtually every year.....”can’t tell you what it’s supposed to help with”

Love kemba and he’s a solid dude but these are boneheaded answer
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#654 » by djFan71 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 3:12 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:“Been on a long run”- dude your season ended in April virtually every year.....”can’t tell you what it’s supposed to help with”

Yeah, not knowing what the injection they're putting into your knee that defines your career going forward seems lame. I assume he just didn't want to get into it.

Long run I think means with Team USA the previous summer. But, doesn't seem to account for the Covid break...
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#655 » by MagicBagley18 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 3:16 am

djFan71 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:“Been on a long run”- dude your season ended in April virtually every year.....”can’t tell you what it’s supposed to help with”

Yeah, not knowing what the injection they're putting into your knee that defines your career going forward seems lame. I assume he just didn't want to get into it.

Long run I think means with Team USA the previous summer. But, doesn't seem to account for the Covid break...

Yea he def just doesn’t wanna answer it and I get that but I mean considering it’s media week and you won’t be playing probably till mid January and won’t have to answer many questions just deal w it.

Love kemba and he’s great w the press but just bad day at the office for him to start off that presser
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,696

Post#656 » by return2glory » Thu Dec 3, 2020 4:49 am

Disinformation wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

So what you are saying is this is disinformation. I like it.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,696

Post#657 » by return2glory » Thu Dec 3, 2020 5:01 am

Man something you guys are are funny. Sitting around and criticizing an interview before preseason.

Kemba is a great guy, great teammate and a great player. I’m glad he isn’t taking time off to heal now rather than going into the playoffs.

Kemba got criticized here during the playoffs when he was playing hurt. He still had a solid playoff. Much better than that team killing clown who plays for the Nets.
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#658 » by Ernest » Thu Dec 3, 2020 5:53 am

Well, we have a lot of young players that need minutes and we have enough talent that we should stay above .500 w/o Kemba. So it should all be alright. Hopefully, kemba rests for a while and comes back good to go and in the mean time a young player or two steps up and Tatum and Brown take another step forward.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#659 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Dec 3, 2020 9:25 am

djFan71 wrote:
Kemba For Three wrote:

Add that to the fact that GMs on RealGM are putting him in various fake trades, I'd feel/sound dejected too.

I don't know if there's any truth to Ainge "shopping" him a few weeks ago in pursuit of Holiday, but that must not be thrilling to learn from outside sources. Even though these guys must be used to trade rumors by now.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#660 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Dec 3, 2020 9:31 am

No seriously. You can't just leave us hanging like that. You have my PM lol.

Return to Boston Celtics