Page 6 of 7

Re: Poll: What two big men will be on the Celtics other than Robert Williams?

Posted: Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:30 pm
by Theocy
Is there any chance boogie signs for anything les than 1+1 / 14m +14 right now? I mean I like him as a player he can contribute perhaps not sure if he is ideal fit (perhaps not dude is mental).

Wasn't he a model professional for warriors?

Re: Poll: What two big men will be on the Celtics other than Robert Williams?

Posted: Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:36 pm
by ddb
Tyakack wrote:
ddb wrote:I can't wait for the Bill Simmons tweet after Boogie signs on with Boston. "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGIIIIEEEEEE"


You really think that's gonna happen? I can't see stevens being ok with that.


I can. they were in play for Boogie last summer too.

Re: Poll: What two big men will be on the Celtics other than Robert Williams?

Posted: Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:42 pm
by jfs1000d
Tyakack wrote:
ddb wrote:I can't wait for the Bill Simmons tweet after Boogie signs on with Boston. "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGIIIIEEEEEE"


You really think that's gonna happen? I can't see stevens being ok with that.

I do t want Boogie. Last thing Brad needs is a headache ache after las t year.

If I like how hard he plays. Maybe e can stop being an energy sucker and miserable person with bad body language and be a positive energy in a room.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Poll: What two big men will be on the Celtics other than Robert Williams?

Posted: Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:49 pm
by ddb
jfs1000d wrote:
Tyakack wrote:
ddb wrote:I can't wait for the Bill Simmons tweet after Boogie signs on with Boston. "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGIIIIEEEEEE"


You really think that's gonna happen? I can't see stevens being ok with that.

I do t want Boogie. Last thing Brad needs is a headache ache after las t year.

If I like how hard he plays. Maybe e can stop being an energy sucker and miserable person with bad body language and be a positive energy in a room.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There aren't too many options at this point. Horford was a steady mainstay for the last 3 seasons.

WCS- rim runner. Finishes on lobs. Quality interior defender. Average rebounder. Hasn't been a floor spacer in the league yet, although I know he is capable.

Cousins- pre injury he is a max player. 25/12/5. Dominates when focused. Capable defensively but not always engaged. Has a bad rep and can be a baby. IMO will get close to being dominate this season. Needs a good oppt.

Looney- good defender. Undersized. Not all that good. More of a 3/4 that GS morphed into their Center.

Kanter- Good post scorer and excellent rebounder. Spaces the floor a bit. Below average defense.

Noel- Injury prone. Basically a worse version of WCS.

There are other options, but on a short term deal I'd be cool with Boogie because there's still a realistic chance he could be an All Star and a bargain.



Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Re: Poll: What two big men will be on the Celtics other than Robert Williams?

Posted: Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:51 pm
by jfs1000d
ddb wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:
Tyakack wrote:
You really think that's gonna happen? I can't see stevens being ok with that.

I do t want Boogie. Last thing Brad needs is a headache ache after las t year.

If I like how hard he plays. Maybe e can stop being an energy sucker and miserable person with bad body language and be a positive energy in a room.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There aren't too many options at this point. Horford was a steady mainstay for the last 3 seasons.

WCS- rim runner. Finishes on lobs. Quality interior defender. Average rebounder. Hasn't been a floor spacer in the league yet, although I know he is capable.

Cousins- pre injury he is a max player. 25/12/5. Dominates when focused. Capable defensively but not always engaged. Has a bad rep and can be a baby. IMO will get close to being dominate this season. Needs a good oppt.

Looney- good defender. Undersized. Not all that good. More of a 3/4 that GS morphed into their Center.

Kanter- Good post scorer and excellent rebounder. Spaces the floor a bit. Below average defense.

Noel- Injury prone. Basically a worse version of WCS.

There are other options, but on a short term deal I'd be cool with Boogie because there's still a realistic chance he could be an All Star and a bargain.



Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app


How do we get Boogie out of Golden State? No way he comes on the room exception.

I am not happy with how nba does cap. We sign one player, because we are under cap, and all the capped out teams are just doling our dash an exceptions. Ridiculous.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Poll: What two big men will be on the Celtics other than Robert Williams?

Posted: Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:58 pm
by ddb
jfs1000d wrote:
ddb wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:I do t want Boogie. Last thing Brad needs is a headache ache after las t year.

If I like how hard he plays. Maybe e can stop being an energy sucker and miserable person with bad body language and be a positive energy in a room.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There aren't too many options at this point. Horford was a steady mainstay for the last 3 seasons.

WCS- rim runner. Finishes on lobs. Quality interior defender. Average rebounder. Hasn't been a floor spacer in the league yet, although I know he is capable.

Cousins- pre injury he is a max player. 25/12/5. Dominates when focused. Capable defensively but not always engaged. Has a bad rep and can be a baby. IMO will get close to being dominate this season. Needs a good oppt.

Looney- good defender. Undersized. Not all that good. More of a 3/4 that GS morphed into their Center.

Kanter- Good post scorer and excellent rebounder. Spaces the floor a bit. Below average defense.

Noel- Injury prone. Basically a worse version of WCS.

There are other options, but on a short term deal I'd be cool with Boogie because there's still a realistic chance he could be an All Star and a bargain.



Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app


How do we get Boogie out of Golden State? No way he comes on the room exception.

I am not happy with how nba does cap. We sign one player, because we are under cap, and all the capped out teams are just doling our dash an exceptions. Ridiculous.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Depends on if GS wants Boogie back. Going to be an interesting year for them with KD gone (and injured) and Klay out. I think Boogie would like to stay because he is a loyal guy, but if Boston is aggressive in their pursuit they could ultimately work out some sort of S/T for Boogie. Perhaps a Theis S/T.

Re: Poll: What two big men will be on the Celtics other than Robert Williams?

Posted: Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:02 pm
by ddb
another note on Boogie. He wants to win. The East is going to be WIDE OPEN again. Especially, if Kawhi leaves. But even if Kawhi stays it's a pretty open conference. Milwaukee will be there again, Toronto (with Kawhi) will be there, Philly is going to be there, and then if Boston could bring in Boogie they have a great shot at being #1 or #2. Boogie is a handful for opposing teams to deal with. He's massive. he gives the Celtics an edge on most nights, and if he's closer to being fully healthy you're talking about a guy that can go toe to toe with even Embiid.

Re: Poll: What two big men will be on the Celtics other than Robert Williams?

Posted: Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:02 pm
by brackdan70
ddb wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:
ddb wrote:There aren't too many options at this point. Horford was a steady mainstay for the last 3 seasons.

WCS- rim runner. Finishes on lobs. Quality interior defender. Average rebounder. Hasn't been a floor spacer in the league yet, although I know he is capable.

Cousins- pre injury he is a max player. 25/12/5. Dominates when focused. Capable defensively but not always engaged. Has a bad rep and can be a baby. IMO will get close to being dominate this season. Needs a good oppt.

Looney- good defender. Undersized. Not all that good. More of a 3/4 that GS morphed into their Center.

Kanter- Good post scorer and excellent rebounder. Spaces the floor a bit. Below average defense.

Noel- Injury prone. Basically a worse version of WCS.

There are other options, but on a short term deal I'd be cool with Boogie because there's still a realistic chance he could be an All Star and a bargain.



Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app


How do we get Boogie out of Golden State? No way he comes on the room exception.

I am not happy with how nba does cap. We sign one player, because we are under cap, and all the capped out teams are just doling our dash an exceptions. Ridiculous.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Depends on if GS wants Boogie back. Going to be an interesting year for them with KD gone (and injured) and Klay out. I think Boogie would like to stay because he is a loyal guy, but if Boston is aggressive in their pursuit they could ultimately work out some sort of S/T for Boogie. Perhaps a Theis S/T.

GS is hard capped to as they acquired DAR via sign and trade, not sure of the exact situation but not sure if they can give him more than a minimum?

Re: Poll: What two big men will be on the Celtics other than Robert Williams?

Posted: Mon Jul 1, 2019 6:34 pm
by mzepol
mzepol wrote:Although not particularly my preference (Kanter, I mean), I'm guessing Theis and Kanter.


Nailed it. :P

Re: Poll: What two big men will be on the Celtics other than Robert Williams?

Posted: Tue Jul 2, 2019 3:26 am
by ddb
ddb wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:
ddb wrote:There aren't too many options at this point. Horford was a steady mainstay for the last 3 seasons.

WCS- rim runner. Finishes on lobs. Quality interior defender. Average rebounder. Hasn't been a floor spacer in the league yet, although I know he is capable.

Cousins- pre injury he is a max player. 25/12/5. Dominates when focused. Capable defensively but not always engaged. Has a bad rep and can be a baby. IMO will get close to being dominate this season. Needs a good oppt.

Looney- good defender. Undersized. Not all that good. More of a 3/4 that GS morphed into their Center.

Kanter- Good post scorer and excellent rebounder. Spaces the floor a bit. Below average defense.

Noel- Injury prone. Basically a worse version of WCS.

There are other options, but on a short term deal I'd be cool with Boogie because there's still a realistic chance he could be an All Star and a bargain.



Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app


How do we get Boogie out of Golden State? No way he comes on the room exception.

I am not happy with how nba does cap. We sign one player, because we are under cap, and all the capped out teams are just doling our dash an exceptions. Ridiculous.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Depends on if GS wants Boogie back. Going to be an interesting year for them with KD gone (and injured) and Klay out. I think Boogie would like to stay because he is a loyal guy, but if Boston is aggressive in their pursuit they could ultimately work out some sort of S/T for Boogie. Perhaps a Theis S/T.
Boogie still in play even after Kanter signing. Most likely via S/T if at all

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Re: Poll: What two big men will be on the Celtics other than Robert Williams?

Posted: Tue Jul 2, 2019 3:41 am
by [EverGreen]
Looks like Philly just waived their draft rights to 2017 FRP Anžejs Pasečņiks.
I have two questions;
1. Is this guy worth a flyer on? Looks to be a big body.
2. How do you say his name?

Re: Poll: What two big men will be on the Celtics other than Robert Williams?

Posted: Tue Jul 2, 2019 3:46 am
by zoyathedestroya
[EverGreen] wrote:Looks like Philly just waived their draft rights to 2017 FRP Anžejs Pasečņiks.
I have two questions;
1. Is this guy worth a flyer on? Looks to be a big body.
2. How do you say his name?

1. No idea who he is.
2.


Watch on YouTube

Re: Poll: What two big men will be on the Celtics other than Robert Williams?

Posted: Tue Jul 2, 2019 6:02 am
by return2glory
return2glory wrote:Kanter, Sabonis, Lin, Ed Davis, Zubac, Big V., Poirier, Lopez.

Give me two of those and and Tacko.


Kantar was first on my list.

Re: Poll: What two big men will be on the Celtics other than Robert Williams?

Posted: Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:23 am
by djFan71
Old guys I haven't seen brought up yet is Zaza & Pau. I'd take either as a vet min for the 14th or 15th spot and use against the beefier centers for 5-10 min. Great experience for Williams to learn from. Also wouldn't mind Nene.

* Pre-emptive apologies for whoever brought those up 3 pages ago...

Re: Poll: What two big men will be on the Celtics other than Robert Williams?

Posted: Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:23 am
by sam_I_am
Boogie will get MLE from Lakers after they sign Kawhi and Green.

Re: Poll: What two big men will be on the Celtics other than Robert Williams?

Posted: Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:31 am
by Ernest
Isn’t DMC going to get payed a lot more than we can pay?

Re: Poll: What two big men will be on the Celtics other than Robert Williams?

Posted: Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:33 pm
by Parliament10
Enes Kanter and Vincent Poirier are signed.
If Theis is re-signed then we'll have a slight logjam a Center.

Re: Poll: What two big men will be on the Celtics other than Robert Williams?

Posted: Tue Jul 2, 2019 7:12 pm
by zoyathedestroya
Read on Twitter

Re: Poll: What two big men will be on the Celtics other than Robert Williams?

Posted: Tue Jul 2, 2019 7:15 pm
by Gant
The wisdom of the crowd wins on this poll. The top 3 choices were signed, and they made a run the 4th choice Looney.

Re: Poll: What two big men will be on the Celtics other than Robert Williams?

Posted: Tue Jul 2, 2019 9:10 pm
by ZeroTolerance
'Yabu for archery?"

Say what?