ImageImageImage

Rozier Sign and trade opens up more free agency options

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,681

Re: Rozier Sign and trade opens up more free agency options 

Post#21 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:44 am

Ernest wrote:So it seems like its agreed who is going where but exactly how all the moves will happen hasn't been sorted out yet. Perhaps Ainge will see who he can get and what exemption is needed to get them and then make moves accordingly.

It's the other way around. Whatever cap gymnastics/machinations Zarren and co. can come up with will dictate what exceptions we can offer.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,974

Post#22 » by sam_I_am » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:06 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:So the current word is that it’s a straight Rozier-Kemba sign and trade, with us signing Terry into cap space and absorbing Kemba into cap space - really just a favor to Rozier and the Hornets, although we might get a first or second round pick back.

If we were able to get Brooklyn to bite - sending picks their way - it would open up a Horford to PHI sign and trade being folded into the Butler/Miami deal.

At most, you could have Philly and Miami first send first-round picks to Boston for cash or seconds, then we send those picks to Brooklyn to incentivize them, then we do the Horford/Butler/Richardson+ deal..

Can an Al Horford sign and trade open up space for MLE? Maybe we could take back Olynyk or Whiteside and then get MLE. I don’t want to do Miami favors but the expiring contract gives Ainge options to make trades later. Not sure how close to hard cap that would being the C’s.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,974

Post#23 » by sam_I_am » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:12 am

Phoenix now needs to free 2.7 m in cap space. I wonder if sign and trade of Rozier for Kemba changes need to ditch Baynes’ salary. I doubt it’s possible but wouldn’t it be great if we could void Baynes trade and Baynes was good with that?
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#24 » by Ernest » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:26 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Ernest wrote:So it seems like its agreed who is going where but exactly how all the moves will happen hasn't been sorted out yet. Perhaps Ainge will see who he can get and what exemption is needed to get them and then make moves accordingly.

It's the other way around. Whatever cap gymnastics/machinations Zarren and co. can come up with will dictate what exceptions we can offer.

I think there is a good chance they can figure out who wants to come here first, they are probably doing it right now. If there is someone they can only get with the big MLE, and they are worth it, then fine toss in a late pick to make the trade work out that way. If not, no need. Though perhaps they just want the MLE even if there is no one to get with it just so half way through the year when some players get bought out we have the most to spend.

Return to Boston Celtics