ImageImageImage

Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt. 8: You're Killing Me Smalls

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt. 8: You're Killing Me Smalls 

Post#1901 » by djFan71 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:41 am

winsomme2 wrote:Western Conf

GS
Denver
Houston
Portland
Utah
OKC
San Antonio
Clippers

Those are last seasons playoff teams. Add in:

Lakers
Kings
Pelicans
Mavericks

What are the chances Minnesota realistically makes the playoffs or is even in the hunt?

Yeah, it's not looking good for Minny. I wouldn't be shocked to see OKC & SAS fall out, but 2 of Lakers, Pellies, Kings replace them. Not feeling Dallas or Minny's chances at this point.
Theocy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,425

Post#1902 » by Theocy » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:43 am

winsomme2 wrote:
Floody100 wrote:
Theocy wrote:Brown, Williams memphis pick our pick and anyone other than Tatum for KAT. would that do it?

He just signed a 5 year extension lol He’ll be their for at least another 3 years.

KAT must be looking around the league and see the power that star players have regardless of contract.

The question is he okay spending his best years playing under the radar because might not even make the playoffs in the next three years.

His buddy didnt join them. Maybe he is annoyed with life in general. Are they going anywhere? He could make us into contenders that easily.

Now I'm thinking about it. I would also include all picks form thus year too.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,951

Post#1903 » by sam_I_am » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:46 am

Theocy wrote:
winsomme2 wrote:
Floody100 wrote:
He just signed a 5 year extension lol He’ll be their for at least another 3 years.

KAT must be looking around the league and see the power that star players have regardless of contract.

The question is he okay spending his best years playing under the radar because might not even make the playoffs in the next three years.

His buddy didnt join them. Maybe he is annoyed with life in general. Are they going anywhere? He could make us into contenders that easily.

KAT still has another 3 years on his contract so Minnesota won’t listen to trade demands for a couple of years. GS is thinking ahead with DLo signing.
winsomme2
Pro Prospect
And1: 517

Post#1904 » by winsomme2 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:48 am

sam_I_am wrote:
Theocy wrote:
winsomme2 wrote:

KAT still has another 3 years on his contract so Minnesota won’t listen to trade demands for a couple of years. GS is thinking ahead with DLo signing.

Players demanding a trade changes everything IMO.
Theocy
Sixth Man

Post#1905 » by Theocy » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:49 am

sam_I_am wrote:
Theocy wrote:
winsomme2 wrote:

As if that matters anymore. Kyrie AD storyline. Players have **** things up.

Kemba
Gordon
Tatum
A traffic Cone
KAT

perfect.
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#1906 » by Edug27 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:51 am

Towns doesn’t seem like the kind of dude to demand a trade. Now if we ever hear he signed with Klutch, then every GM better start getting their ducks in a row
winsomme2
Pro Prospect
And1: 517

Post#1907 » by winsomme2 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:56 am

Edug27 wrote:Towns doesn’t seem like the kind of dude to demand a trade. Now if we ever hear he signed with Klutch, then every GM better start getting their ducks in a row

I agree, BUT

He must want to make the playoffs at this point in his career, and that's really not going to happen in Minnesota.

In Boston, he'd be a lock to at least make the playoffs.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,572

Post#1908 » by Celts17Pride » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:12 am

Read on Twitter

Boston?
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#1909 » by KGboss » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:14 am

When's the next lockout due? I'll sit out a season as a fan of it means teams get more power back over their players.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,112

Post#1910 » by Darthlukey » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:17 am

KGboss wrote:When's the next lockout due? I'll sit out a season as a fan of it means teams get more power back over their players.

You know what, it's not even about the teams having a little more power. It's about the elite, best players in the world not wanting to compete and fight for something meaningful. I play against good mates socially in a l ague and it inspires me to play harder. I want to play against them
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#1911 » by Edug27 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:17 am

winsomme2 wrote:
Edug27 wrote:Towns doesn’t seem like the kind of dude to demand a trade. Now if we ever hear he signed with Klutch, then every GM better start getting their ducks in a row

I agree, BUT

He must want to make the playoffs at this point in his career, and that's really not going to happen in Minnesota.

In Boston, he'd be a lock to at least make the playoffs.

He was just in the playoffs last year.
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,990

Post#1912 » by Floody100 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:18 am

winsomme2 wrote:Western Conf

GS
Denver
Houston
Portland
Utah
OKC
San Antonio
Clippers

Those are last seasons playoff teams. Add in:

Lakers
Kings
Pelicans
Mavericks

What are the chances Minnesota realistically makes the playoffs or is even in the hunt?

If Kawhi doesn’t go to the Lakers the west will be so fun to watch. If he goes to the Clippers you’ve got 12 teams all in contention for the playoffs. Grizzlies won’t make it but that Morant/Jackson combo will be fun to watch.
Phoenix & Minnesota looking really lonely right now lol
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 8,756

Post#1913 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:24 am

KGboss wrote:When's the next lockout due? I'll sit out a season as a fan of it means teams get more power back over their players.

I don’t think a lockout will solve anything.

We are in a new era of pro basketball where all these players view each other as pals from a young age and are quick to leave their teams because they don’t want to waste their career. LeBron’s move away from Cleveland changed the NBA forever. He basically said **** you Cleveland I’ll do my own thing in Miami and won two titles.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,886

Post#1914 » by FlatearthZorro » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:30 am

Agreed several billion dollars teams and the players and agents got you by the balls.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#1915 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:36 am

Darth Celtic wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:How many player-assembled superteams are we going to have to put up with before the owners finally realize that max contracts are bad for parity?? HOLY ****

Theres going to be a long lockout soon. Sucks, but the system has broken

yup. So many super teams created by free agent super stars teaming up and leaving the small market teams to get wrecked. Something will change and the players won't like it.

Yep. Charles Barkley predicted a future lockout back in February and I agree with him whole heartedly. A good 20+ teams just basically have no shot of ever winning and Id expect the owners to change this.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1916 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:43 am

Yah, I hate rooting for billionaires, but the players have shown that there really needs to be a better balance in who has the power
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1917 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:44 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:

We are in a new era of pro basketball where all these players view each other as pals from a young age and are quick to leave their teams because they don’t want to waste their career. LeBron’s move away from Cleveland changed the NBA forever. He basically said **** you Cleveland I’ll do my own thing in Miami and won two titles.

Ill be shocked if the owners dont demand a franchise tag in the next CBA
Theocy
Sixth Man

Post#1918 » by Theocy » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:45 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Theres going to be a long lockout soon. Sucks, but the system has broken

yup. So many super teams created by free agent super stars teaming up and leaving the small market teams to get wrecked. Something will change and the players won't like it.

Yep. Charles Barkley predicted a future lockout back in February and I agree with him whole heartedly. A good 20+ teams just basically have no shot of ever winning and Id expect the owners to change this.

If the NBA is loosing value and I think it is players will soon be impacted. This whole lakers charade is just too much. One of the worst run organisations in recent years is one step from becoming an unprecedented powerhouse. That's a spit in the face of all franchises that have been struggling to grow players only to loose then for nothing.

On the other hand imposing limitations to where one can play might have bad reprecasions.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 8,756

Post#1919 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:45 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:

Ill be shocked if the owners dont demand a franchise tag in the next CBA

Can’t ever see the players agreeing to that.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1920 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:48 am

sam_I_am wrote:
Theocy wrote:
winsomme2 wrote:

KAT has 5 years left on his contract. Minnesota wont even think of trading him for another 3 years.

Return to Boston Celtics