ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston Enes Kanter!

Moderators: Froob, ParticleMan, sully00, The Comedian, Parliament10, canman1971, djFan71

User avatar
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
Posts: 19,638
And1: 22,588
Joined: Jul 29, 2003
       

Re: Welcome to Boston Enes Kanter! 

Post#461 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:32 am

Damn. He lost the title. Shortest title reign ever.
Elrod is Back
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,943
And1: 1,963
Joined: May 10, 2010
     

Re: Welcome to Boston Enes Kanter! 

Post#462 » by Elrod is Back » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:01 am

cloverleaf wrote:I'm not so sure his support for Gulen is a good idea, but yeah, his heart is definitely in the right place with the camps--both in price and quantity. I'm sure he's making a real difference in a lot of kids' summers.

I also like his seeming openness to hanging with the rooks and all. Definitely a good team influence in that sense. Plus of course he has some big-man skills the team lacks otherwise. I am hoping that by the year's end Rob will have taken the starting spot from him, but he and Rob are both playing 20-25 minutes a game -- and Tacko is getting 5-6 situational minutes as well! (Theis to me is more of a backup 4 and injury-replacement/tiny-ball 5 this year.)


Don't sleep on Poirier. I really doubt Tacko gets minutes at all in 19-20, let alone ahead of Poirier.
LuckyLeprechaun
Senior
Posts: 597
And1: 619
Joined: Jul 24, 2015
 

Re: Welcome to Boston Enes Kanter! 

Post#463 » by LuckyLeprechaun » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:57 am

Elrod is Back wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:I'm not so sure his support for Gulen is a good idea, but yeah, his heart is definitely in the right place with the camps--both in price and quantity. I'm sure he's making a real difference in a lot of kids' summers.

I also like his seeming openness to hanging with the rooks and all. Definitely a good team influence in that sense. Plus of course he has some big-man skills the team lacks otherwise. I am hoping that by the year's end Rob will have taken the starting spot from him, but he and Rob are both playing 20-25 minutes a game -- and Tacko is getting 5-6 situational minutes as well! (Theis to me is more of a backup 4 and injury-replacement/tiny-ball 5 this year.)


Don't sleep on Poirier. I really doubt Tacko gets minutes at all in 19-20, let alone ahead of Poirier.
If Tacko makes the team, there's a few guys he should be tried situationally against (Embiid). Obviously Poirier will be higher in the pecking order but I don't think Brad has ever DNPd a player all 82 games.
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 23,849
And1: 22,452
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Welcome to Boston Enes Kanter! 

Post#464 » by Parliament10 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:02 am

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Damn. He lost the title. Shortest title reign ever.

Read on Twitter
“We’re building a culture of accountability, trust, and togetherness. Entitlement will not be tolerated”
– Brad Stevens
cloverleaf
Head Coach
Posts: 6,289
And1: 3,541
Joined: Feb 10, 2007

Re: Welcome to Boston Enes Kanter! 

Post#465 » by cloverleaf » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:27 am

Elrod is Back wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:I'm not so sure his support for Gulen is a good idea, but yeah, his heart is definitely in the right place with the camps--both in price and quantity. I'm sure he's making a real difference in a lot of kids' summers.

I also like his seeming openness to hanging with the rooks and all. Definitely a good team influence in that sense. Plus of course he has some big-man skills the team lacks otherwise. I am hoping that by the year's end Rob will have taken the starting spot from him, but he and Rob are both playing 20-25 minutes a game -- and Tacko is getting 5-6 situational minutes as well! (Theis to me is more of a backup 4 and injury-replacement/tiny-ball 5 this year.)


Don't sleep on Poirier. I really doubt Tacko gets minutes at all in 19-20, let alone ahead of Poirier.


I really think you're wrong on Tacko--but of course we shall see. But no, I am not suggesting that Tacko will be ahead of Poirier on the depth chart, only that he will get some minutes. If all goes well Poirier IMO will be the standard third-stringer, but probably getting more equal time, at least to start the season. And hey, if you're right and he exceeds my expectations, staying among the top two options by the end of the year -- I really hope it is because he is that good and not because Rob and/or Enes has so underperformed.
cloverleaf
Head Coach
Posts: 6,289
And1: 3,541
Joined: Feb 10, 2007

Re: Welcome to Boston Enes Kanter! 

Post#466 » by cloverleaf » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:54 am

ballup wrote:So I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but Brad may already have a way to build a defense with Kanter in mind. Use the scheme they ran when Sully was on the team.

If you don't remember or know what I'm talking about, what you do is you put strong pressure on the perimeter and funnel all drives into the middle. Kanter will roam the paint and box out for the board since rebounding is one of his strengths. Now of course there is a clear weakness where the team will give up rim protection and Kanter isn't as nimble/smart as Sully was. Plus 1/5 PnRs would still be an issue, which would be the case regardless.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk


I could see that. Sully led the C's in ORB% and had a career 11.5 ORB% average to Kanter's 14.8% (they are closer on the defensive side). How many C's fans would have predicted KO with the long NBA career and big money to Sully's early wash out?

Then again, I see Sully made it to the NBA HoF:
Read on Twitter

(And doesn't look like he's in bad shape, for Sully.)
User avatar
JHTruth
RealGM
Posts: 11,989
And1: 337
Joined: Jul 02, 2003
Location: The Big Three are Back..

Re: Welcome to Boston Enes Kanter! 

Post#467 » by JHTruth » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:08 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
ballup wrote:So I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but Brad may already have a way to build a defense with Kanter in mind. Use the scheme they ran when Sully was on the team.

If you don't remember or know what I'm talking about, what you do is you put strong pressure on the perimeter and funnel all drives into the middle. Kanter will roam the paint and box out for the board since rebounding is one of his strengths. Now of course there is a clear weakness where the team will give up rim protection and Kanter isn't as nimble/smart as Sully was. Plus 1/5 PnRs would still be an issue, which would be the case regardless.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk


I could see that. Sully led the C's in ORB% and had a career 11.5 ORB% average to Kanter's 14.8% (they are closer on the defensive side). How many C's fans would have predicted KO with the long NBA career and big money to Sully's early wash out?

Then again, I see Sully made it to the NBA HoF:
Read on Twitter

(And doesn't look like he's in bad shape, for Sully.)


Sully was a heck of a talent. Beast inside and was developing a shot. Just couldn't get in shape..
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
Posts: 15,553
And1: 7,386
Joined: Feb 12, 2010
Location: Somewhere in Boston
     

Re: Welcome to Boston Enes Kanter! 

Post#468 » by FlatearthZorro » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:50 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Damn. He lost the title. Shortest title reign ever.

Read on Twitter


Kanter seems like a great dude. If he puts the effort into defense , he'll be a big time fan favorite.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 23,849
And1: 22,452
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Welcome to Boston Enes Kanter! 

Post#469 » by Parliament10 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:19 am

Read on Twitter




Dude is staying in shape.
“We’re building a culture of accountability, trust, and togetherness. Entitlement will not be tolerated”
– Brad Stevens

Return to Boston Celtics