ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston Vincent Poirier!

Moderators: djFan71, ParticleMan, sully00, Froob, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10

User avatar
GoCeltics123
General Manager
Posts: 9,811
And1: 14,620
Joined: May 05, 2015
         

Welcome to Boston Vincent Poirier! 

Post#1 » by GoCeltics123 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 4:52 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter


Legalize Ranch

I lost the bet so I Hate Truth18
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
Posts: 15,937
And1: 7,759
Joined: Feb 12, 2010
Location: Somewhere in Boston
     

Re: Welcome to Boston Vincent Poirier! 

Post#2 » by FlatearthZorro » Tue Jul 2, 2019 4:53 pm

Decent, now resign Theis and whatever happens, happens.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
mdemers938
Junior
Posts: 423
And1: 185
Joined: Mar 17, 2012

Re: Welcome to Boston Vincent Poirier! 

Post#3 » by mdemers938 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 4:54 pm

SMFH....
User avatar
zoyathedestroya
Head Coach
Posts: 6,765
And1: 15,513
Joined: Nov 05, 2017

Re: Welcome to Boston Vincent Poirier! 

Post#4 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Jul 2, 2019 4:58 pm

Celtics fans: DANNY, GET STEVEN ADAMS!
Danny Ainge: How about Steven Adams's 'Stache Brother AND French Steven Adams?

This belongs here also.

Spoiler:
Image
CSL_1904
Starter
Posts: 2,179
And1: 2,416
Joined: Feb 22, 2017
       

Re: Welcome to Boston Vincent Poirier! 

Post#5 » by CSL_1904 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:02 pm

Looks better than AD to me. Just saying.
User avatar
greenroom31
Head Coach
Posts: 6,205
And1: 6,981
Joined: Nov 06, 2004

Re: Welcome to Boston Vincent Poirier! 

Post#6 » by greenroom31 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:02 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:Celtics fans: DANNY, GET STEVEN ADAMS!
Danny Ainge: How about Steven Adams's 'Stache Brother AND French Steven Adams?


More like French Daniel Theis from the looks of his highlight video... and minus the jumper
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 25,412
And1: 24,801
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Welcome to Boston Vincent Poirier! 

Post#7 » by Parliament10 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:04 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter



Well, well, well . . .

Plot Thickens!!!
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
GoGreen
Rookie
Posts: 1,050
And1: 1,127
Joined: Jul 19, 2017
 

Re: Welcome to Boston Vincent Poirier! 

Post#8 » by GoGreen » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:05 pm

Eh. He's a big body. Won't hurt
User avatar
greenroom31
Head Coach
Posts: 6,205
And1: 6,981
Joined: Nov 06, 2004

Re: Welcome to Boston Vincent Poirier! 

Post#9 » by greenroom31 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:06 pm

My theory is that we sign these Euro big men every couple of years so that Austin Ainge can justify his "business trips" to France, Germany, Spain, etc.
User avatar
Green89
RealGM
Posts: 19,657
And1: 16,752
Joined: Apr 01, 2013

Re: Welcome to Boston Vincent Poirier! 

Post#10 » by Green89 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:07 pm

Kanter/Theis/Poirier/Williams/Fall

Looks like this is how we're rolling for bigs this year.
amory87
Rookie
Posts: 1,247
And1: 1,345
Joined: Jun 05, 2014
       

Re: Welcome to Boston Vincent Poirier! 

Post#11 » by amory87 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:08 pm

Is gheorghe muresan available while we're at it
User avatar
Green89
RealGM
Posts: 19,657
And1: 16,752
Joined: Apr 01, 2013

Re: Welcome to Boston Vincent Poirier! 

Post#12 » by Green89 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:09 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter



Well, well, well . . .

Plot Thickens!!!


Mostly offensive highlights. How's his defense?

Also, on a side note, the awful autotune trend that has taken over US pop radio I see has spilled into Europe, as judging by the abysmal song playing in this video. Insert barfing emoji here.
remi_222
Senior
Posts: 564
And1: 395
Joined: May 09, 2012
Location: Paris
   

Re: Welcome to Boston Vincent Poirier! 

Post#13 » by remi_222 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:11 pm

pick n roll time with him !
Big diff with Theis : he knows how to roll and is 10 times more mobile then Theis.
But Theis is also more NBA ready physically, so they'll prob share back up time C
User avatar
tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,158
And1: 6,483
Joined: Jun 29, 2003
Location: Celtic Nation
       

Re: Welcome to Boston Vincent Poirier! 

Post#14 » by tlee324 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:17 pm

After watching 6 minutes of highlights, it’s clear we have French Tim Duncan on our hands. The only question now is what polish to use for the rings.
Image
CSL_1904
Starter
Posts: 2,179
And1: 2,416
Joined: Feb 22, 2017
       

Re: Welcome to Boston Vincent Poirier! 

Post#15 » by CSL_1904 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:18 pm

remi_222 wrote:pick n roll time with him !
Big diff with Theis : he knows how to roll and is 10 times more mobile then Theis.
But Theis is also more NBA ready physically, so they'll prob share back up time C

How is he as a defender?
sam_I_am
RealGM
Posts: 13,050
And1: 4,523
Joined: Jul 10, 2004

Re: Welcome to Boston Vincent Poirier! 

Post#16 » by sam_I_am » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:19 pm

How much can we pay Theis? Can we overpay him? We probably will never be in the game for a max free agent again given Kemba contact and need to pay Brown and Tatum. Besides, FA crop next year is pretty bad. Hayward, if he opts out will likely be one of premier ones. Therefore, we either need to trade Hayward this year or build up enough salary (not counting Tatum/Smart/Brown) so we can be a player at the deadline to get a difference maker in front court.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 35,850
And1: 12,924
Joined: Jun 26, 2003
Location: Big 3 will crush the east!
     

Re: Welcome to Boston Vincent Poirier! 

Post#17 » by Darth Celtic » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:22 pm

greenroom31 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Celtics fans: DANNY, GET STEVEN ADAMS!
Danny Ainge: How about Steven Adams's 'Stache Brother AND French Steven Adams?


More like French Daniel Theis from the looks of his highlight video... and minus the jumper

Seems to be a much better finisher. And good on defense.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Gant
General Manager
Posts: 8,725
And1: 8,982
Joined: Mar 16, 2006

Re: Welcome to Boston Vincent Poirier! 

Post#18 » by Gant » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:23 pm

CSL_1904 wrote:
remi_222 wrote:pick n roll time with him !
Big diff with Theis : he knows how to roll and is 10 times more mobile then Theis.
But Theis is also more NBA ready physically, so they'll prob share back up time C

How is he as a defender?



Read on Twitter
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 25,412
And1: 24,801
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Welcome to Boston Vincent Poirier! 

Post#19 » by Parliament10 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:25 pm

Green89 wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter



Well, well, well . . .

Plot Thickens!!!


Mostly offensive highlights. How's his defense?

Also, on a side note, the awful autotune trend that has taken over US pop radio I see has spilled into Europe, as judging by the abysmal song playing in this video. Insert barfing emoji here.

I haven't seen his play. But his career is 6 Rebs (2 Offensive), in 20 mins, and about 1 Block.
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
bigfoot_cryptozoology
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,680
And1: 1,151
Joined: Jun 21, 2002

Re: Welcome to Boston Vincent Poirier! 

Post#20 » by bigfoot_cryptozoology » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:25 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Boston Celtics