ImageImageImage

Revisiting the infamous Ainge/King trade

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Re: Revisiting the infamous Ainge/King trade 

Post#41 » by Taget » Sat Jul 6, 2019 5:22 am

Nets aced three things. Having cap space, being in New York and not being owned by James Dolan.

Perhaps the last thing is the one thing you could fault Danny on in comparison to the Nets. Maybe we might have been better off if we had not signed Hayward and had a second max salary spot to offer. On the other hand no one bet on Hayward having a long recovery after a horrific injury. But besides Kawhi who is that second salary we would've wanted? Hopefully a better recovered Hayward makes that argument moot.
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Re: Revisiting the infamoous Ainge/King trade 

Post#42 » by KGboss » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:55 am

[EverGreen] wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:You realize KD will not play next season right?

Of course. He'll play the season after though and he's still on of the best players in the league who doesn't rely only on athleticism. I'd love to have KD on that deal.
When I referred to next season, I mean the one after this year, as in, we are already in the 2019/20 season.
Being one of the best players is yet to be seen. Achilles are career ending. Cousins was due for a big pay day and is now fighting for vet min contracts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,025

Post#43 » by Bad-Thoma » Sat Jul 6, 2019 12:39 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:If the Nets won the trade, then this would be a good time to bring Billy King in for a job interview. Let's move quickly before other teams notice he's still available.

sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,974

Post#44 » by sam_I_am » Sat Jul 6, 2019 12:43 pm

This new logic is incredible. For example, Celtics won the Vin Baker trade because we got KG.

Return to Boston Celtics