Page 2 of 2

Re: Trader Dan? No. Asleep failed former baseball middle infielder hasn't traded for someone in nearly 2 years.

Posted: Thu Jul 4, 2019 9:21 pm
by DarkAzcura
Bleedsgreen wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Bleedsgreen wrote:I am sorry Ernest must of been taking my old man Nap when Leonard, Durant were in town to meet with Danny. Must also been asleep when Lebron was in town last year. There a difference between the a top free agent of the year and a top tier player.
https://www.si.com/nba/2017/06/26/nba-free-agency-2017-top-50-players-kevin-durant-stephen-curry
steep drop off from 1 and 2 to 4 .Gordon was middle of the pack 2nd tier we made him the 5th highest paid player that year, Horford was low 2nd Tier (Ask Tommy) and we made him the 5th highest paid player in the league that year, Kemba is a booby prize and again top 10 in salary.


Wrong. In 2016 Al Horford was considered the 2nd best free agent on the market behind KD (who also gave us a meeting). Lebron was not going to leave the cavs in 2016 so it was KD and then horford.

In 2017 Hayward and Blake griffin were the 2 top free agents. Curry and KD weren’t leaving GS so they don’t count. In 2019 we landed kemba and he didn’t take a meeting anywhere else.

While we may not be the destination like a LA or Miami (though we did beat them for Hayward) we have done pretty damn good recently via free agency and you only go after the players that are free agents in the year you have space.

This year was abnormal that you kawhi kyrie and KD all free agents but in a normal year Kemba is a top guy and still a great get.

Quick question has Horford, Hayward or Kemba ever been a TOP 10 how bout top 15 guy in the league [YOu may argue 2009 and 2010 Horford was top 15 but we acquired him 7 years later and a few injuries later]. At the time in their career we got Horford and Kemba they are not going to develop into top 10 either. Those free agents are 2nd tier.

Please tell me a team in the last 15 years that won a ship without a player that at some year was at least a top 15 player in the league?

Hayward a question mark with the injury on what could of been but he wasn't even the best player on his old team. And his old team seem to barely skip a beat. Finish 5th and got swept in the WC semifinals with him, finish 5th and won 1 game in the WC Semifinals with out him.


Goalposts, they are moving.

For years it was we can’t attract any decent free agent. Then we got Horford, Hayward, and Kemba. Now it’s we don’t get the very, very best. You were quick to say we didn’t get a meeting with Durant but have forgotten we had a meeting with him in 2016. Only reason it didn’t happen this year, imo, was because Kyrie disliked it here for who knows what reason, and they are best friends.

So the Celtics have actively tried for 4 free agents in the last 3 years and have gotten 3 of them despite being in competition for those players.

Re: Trader Dan? No. Asleep failed former baseball middle infielder hasn't traded for someone in nearly 2 years.

Posted: Thu Jul 4, 2019 9:21 pm
by Bleedsgreen
Fencer reregistered wrote:
Bleedsgreen wrote:Quick question has Horford, Hayward or Kemba ever been a TOP 10 how bout top 15 guy in the league


The last time anybody officially chose Kemba to be ranked in the top 15 in the league was May 23, 2019.

(Given the balance of talent at various positions in the league, a third-team all-NBA guard is clearly regarded as a top-15 player for the season, and that's the date the teams were announced.)


So you telling me that you take Kemba over Karl Anthony towns and Anthony Davis THIS YEAR? , Nice Try Touche but get out of here.

Re: Trader Dan? No. Asleep failed former baseball middle infielder hasn't traded for someone in nearly 2 years.

Posted: Thu Jul 4, 2019 9:36 pm
by Jaqua92
sam_I_am wrote:Insiders informed me he has a huge trade that is going down on July 6 where we give up a RFA for a max salary 3 time all star. Sounds like another Trader Dan masterpiece.
Wait what?

Signing Kemba Walker surely wouldn't be what you are talking about...as he chose to play here

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Re: Trader Dan? No. Asleep failed former baseball middle infielder hasn't traded for someone in nearly 2 years.

Posted: Thu Jul 4, 2019 9:37 pm
by MagicBagley18
DarkAzcura wrote:
Bleedsgreen wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Wrong. In 2016 Al Horford was considered the 2nd best free agent on the market behind KD (who also gave us a meeting). Lebron was not going to leave the cavs in 2016 so it was KD and then horford.

In 2017 Hayward and Blake griffin were the 2 top free agents. Curry and KD weren’t leaving GS so they don’t count. In 2019 we landed kemba and he didn’t take a meeting anywhere else.

While we may not be the destination like a LA or Miami (though we did beat them for Hayward) we have done pretty damn good recently via free agency and you only go after the players that are free agents in the year you have space.

This year was abnormal that you kawhi kyrie and KD all free agents but in a normal year Kemba is a top guy and still a great get.

Quick question has Horford, Hayward or Kemba ever been a TOP 10 how bout top 15 guy in the league [YOu may argue 2009 and 2010 Horford was top 15 but we acquired him 7 years later and a few injuries later]. At the time in their career we got Horford and Kemba they are not going to develop into top 10 either. Those free agents are 2nd tier.

Please tell me a team in the last 15 years that won a ship without a player that at some year was at least a top 15 player in the league?

Hayward a question mark with the injury on what could of been but he wasn't even the best player on his old team. And his old team seem to barely skip a beat. Finish 5th and got swept in the WC semifinals with him, finish 5th and won 1 game in the WC Semifinals with out him.


Goalposts, they are moving.

For years it was we can’t attract any decent free agent. Then we got Horford, Hayward, and Kemba. Now it’s we don’t get the very, very best. You were quick to say we didn’t get a meeting with Durant but have forgotten we had a meeting with him in 2016. Only reason it didn’t happen this year, imo, was because Kyrie disliked it here for who knows what reason, and they are best friends.

So the Celtics have actively tried for 4 free agents in the last 3 years and have gotten 3 of them despite being in competition for those players.


Exactly. You can only sign the players who are available and we have 3 out of 4 and they were damn good players.

And again you are correct - if kyrie wasn’t such a loon we would have AD and /or KD.

Re: Trader Dan? No. Asleep failed former baseball middle infielder hasn't traded for someone in nearly 2 years.

Posted: Fri Jul 5, 2019 9:06 am
by captain green
Meh

Re: Trader Dan? No. Asleep failed former baseball middle infielder hasn't traded for someone in nearly 2 years.

Posted: Fri Jul 5, 2019 4:55 pm
by Green89
Danny took a chance on Kyrie for two years, but wouldn't gamble for Kawhi. The problem is, Kyrie was a borderline top 10 player and Kawhi is top 3 in the league. Kyrie gave us no title shot in either of his two years, but Kawhi brought a ring to Toronto in one year. Danny failed in assessing these two scenarios. If Kawhi stays in Toronto, it will be the biggest failure of Danny's GM career, even bigger than losing AD.

Re: Trader Dan? No. Asleep failed former baseball middle infielder hasn't traded for someone in nearly 2 years.

Posted: Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:48 am
by Celtics_History_Lesson
Bleedsgreen wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:Ainge was primarily a third baseman, not a middle infielder.

By all means, don't change your screen name to "Toronto History Lesson".

Survey says out of 175 infield appearance of Danny total 211 MLB appearances he played middle infielder 55% of time
CHL is allowed to change his name to "Toronto History Lesson" and Curmudgeon is still a Curmudgeon.
source:https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/a/aingeda01.shtml#all_appearances




To be fair to Daniel Ainge, as he was known as then, he was baseball's first "positionless" player. No matter where they tried him, he couldn't do it.

He was a publicity stunt for an expansion team playing outside in the snow. He got a million dollars for a part-time summer job, where he didn't have to work.

His team got a tad of publicity, Aingey-Boy grabbed half a million dollars from them as a bonus for promising to never play basketball ever, so Ainge won that.




Ainge, as a pinchrunner as that was the only way he could get on base, is putting in even less effort these days.

He has either given up, or no teams will send him players, or everything he has is worthless or he just refuses to part with it.

The last four years, he has only added one actual player to try to improve the team?

One player in which was just a contract and nobody ever saw him. A Morris brother which was a move to move money out, not specifically to acquire a player. Players from Heat and Thunder, for a few days, as a solid to other teams to help them with their money.


If players become tired of a "stale" coach after 4 years, sometimes even with a title win, the coach will go. If a GM has been around for 15 years, but is doing a lot less in recent times than they did in their first decade in the role, there must be questions asked.



Give the fans something, just one trade in two years of adding a real player to the roster.

Re: Trader Dan? No. Asleep failed former baseball middle infielder hasn't traded for someone in nearly 2 years.

Posted: Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:32 am
by denmuscles
Its Danny’s fault that no top 5 or 10 player will join the Cs as a FA. He was supposed to give everything for AD so come next season AD can walk out.

Some of these threads man

Re: Trader Dan? No. Asleep failed former baseball middle infielder hasn't traded for someone in nearly 2 years.

Posted: Sat Jul 6, 2019 5:34 am
by Bleedsgreen
denmuscles wrote:Its Danny’s fault that no top 5 or 10 player will join the Cs as a FA. He was supposed to give everything for AD so come next season AD can walk out.

Some of these threads man

Thread is about Danny not doing a trade in the last 2 years for a player just book keeping deals.
The only time Danny has got top 10 players is inheriting or trade, he has not drafted or signed one in free agency.

Just thinking about stuff decided to look for information on a past deal
https://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/nba-seven-teams-that-nearly-traded-for-james-harden-in-2012-103116
According to Bill Simmons, the Harden for Perkins swap was in the works until Presti convinced Boston GM Danny Ainge to accept Green instead. Ainge was desperate to move Perkins so he agreed.

Trader Danny was convinced to take lesser player from a team that would eventually needed to dump him a year later. Trader danny sure did some fleecing in that deal. He does great fleecing his Friend Kevin Mchale , Billy King, Ryan McDonough and the poor hapless idiot in Cleveland. But when he deals with the metal of the NBA gming ranks like Donny Nelson, Sam Prestti it far more mediocre.

Re: Trader Dan? No. Asleep failed former baseball middle infielder hasn't traded for someone in nearly 2 years.

Posted: Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:16 am
by Bleeding Green
Didn't Ainge trade for Carsen Edwards like a couple weeks ago? What a terrible premise for a thread. Trading for a pick that you then use in like 1 hour is trading for that player. This thread is a real stretch. I admit he hasn't traded for a stiff white guy in a while, though. I can see how this would upset you. The right trade for Frank Kaminsky just hasn't surfaced I guess.

Go look at a **** salary cap. He traded Baynes so that he could then sign Kemba Walker and Enes Kanter and sign Carsen Edwards into capspace. This isn't that hard. Would you rather have Aaron Baynes or Kemba Walker?

This thread is worse than your usual one where you list some basic stats of three players, one of them usually Kelly Olynyk, and then ask, "who is the better player based on these cherrypicked stats?" The answer is usually not Kelly Olynyk, and I quite like Kelly Olynyk.

Re: Trader Dan? No. Asleep failed former baseball middle infielder hasn't traded for someone in nearly 2 years.

Posted: Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:38 pm
by denmuscles
According to Bill Simmons....

Thread ends here.

We Boston fans need to accept that Boston is just not for everyone. These young cats have a better life @ west coast then east.

All top MVP caliber players are signed. We are stuck with what we have for a long time

KAT and Jokic are the only two players I would consider trading.