ImageImageImage

Discuss the Altered Balance of Power in the EC

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Re: Discuss the Altered Balance of Power in the EC 

Post#41 » by Tiny ball » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:30 pm

[quote="GreenTeamah"]Philly
Milwaukee
Toronto (still unless they blow it up)
Indiana
Brooklyn
Celtics
Magic
Miami

And we’ll be lucky to grab the 5th seed if Miami trades for Russ and Magic take another step, Kanter is our starting center right now lol horrendous[/quote))).

Would like to see 1 to 3 spot. All the teams in the NBA can be beaten if a team is on a roll. Just be on that roll come playoff time.
GreenTeamah
Ballboy
And1: 15

Post#42 » by GreenTeamah » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:43 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
GreenTeamah wrote:Philly
Milwaukee
Indiana
Brooklyn
Celtics
Magic
Miami

And we’ll be lucky to grab the 5th seed if Miami trades for Russ and Magic take another step, Kanter is our starting center right now lol horrendous[/quote))).

Would like to see 1 to 3 spot. All the teams in the NBA can be beaten if a team is on a roll. Just be on that roll come playoff time.

Pretenders can be upset but a legit squad with multiple top 5-10 talent won’t be beat by a cool up and coming team like ours
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#43 » by Tiny ball » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:51 pm

GreenTeamah wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:
GreenTeamah wrote:Philly
Milwaukee
Indiana
Brooklyn
Celtics
Magic
Miami

Pretenders can be upset but a legit squad with multiple top 5-10 talent won’t be beat by a cool up and coming team like ours

Will be beaten if they are all off to the hospital. Just like that van fleet guy did to golden state this year. Long live the under dog.
GreenTeamah
Ballboy

Post#44 » by GreenTeamah » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:55 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
GreenTeamah wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:

Will be beaten if they are all off to the hospital. Just like that van fleet guy did to golden state this year. Long live the under dog.

Take out Kawhi and add Anunoby do they win it then?
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#45 » by Tiny ball » Sat Jul 6, 2019 9:12 pm

GreenTeamah wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:
GreenTeamah wrote:

You get there you show up and play. If the other team crashes and burns even then some body must step up. That undrafted guy stepped up as his team was crashing and burning and Toronto won. If leonard would have crashed and burned out game one Golden state would have won it all. If he crashed and burned out 4th quarter in golden state think Toronto would have won the game? That van fleet guy had it under control and Leonard didn't do much as he was toast. Burnt put a fork in it.. All these so called stars have weaknesses. It was plain and clear this year in finals. How many were really left end of the last game. Leonard was done. So it was Curry the only star left standing and he could not pull a rabbit out of his hat. Imho
BillTheGOAT
Starter
And1: 1,930

Post#46 » by BillTheGOAT » Sat Jul 6, 2019 9:26 pm

Toronto lost Kawhi (best player in the league) and I dont think Masai will watch them treadmill. He either blows it up or goes to the Wizards. Where he blows it up :lol:.

Nets smell like ass.

Here is my power ranking week 1 in FA (7/6/19)
76ERS
BUCKS
PACERS
CELTICS
TORONTO
HEAT
NETS
MAGIC
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,680

Post#47 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:06 pm

itrsteve wrote:Honestly, I think we squeeze in with Philly and Milwaukee, all three with a punchers chance to make it out.

I'd add the Pacers.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
illmatic24
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,027

Post#48 » by illmatic24 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:08 pm

GregB wrote:I think people are underrating Philly. I think they are best team in east next year. Josh Richardson and Al Horford is an improvement for them.

They will be so much better defensively imo.

I see
Tier 1

Philly
Milwaukee

Tier 2

Celtics
Pacers
Nets

I agree with this. To me, the Sixers are the team to beat. I think the Celtics will have a really tough time with them this year due to the lack of veteran size/defense this team has. People are underrating how deadly of a duo Horford and Embiid will be in a series if they're healthy. If they add a shooter like Korver, watch out. I think these are the top 5 teams barring injury but after that, it's a toss up between some other teams like Miami and Orlando.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#49 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:09 pm

ermocrate wrote:I like how every team is getting weaker besides us and BKN.

Us too, in simple talent, ignoring player development and fit. We replaced Horford, Baynes and Morris with ... less.
GreenTeamah
Ballboy

Post#50 » by GreenTeamah » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:36 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
GreenTeamah wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:Will be beaten if they are all off to the hospital. Just like that van fleet guy did to golden state this year. Long live the under dog.

You get there you show up and play. If the other team crashes and burns even then some body must step up. That undrafted guy stepped up as his team was crashing and burning and Toronto won. If leonard would have crashed and burned out game one Golden state would have won it all. If he crashed and burned out 4th quarter in golden state think Toronto would have won the game? That van fleet guy had it under control and Leonard didn't do much as he was toast. Burnt put a fork in it.. All these so called stars have weaknesses. It was plain and clear this year in finals. How many were really left end of the last game. Leonard was done. So it was Curry the only star left standing and he could not pull a rabbit out of his hat. Imho

I’m saying the way we are currently construed we are closer to a Kawhi less Raptor team than we are them with Kawhi, and even then we’re not nearly the physical, gritty, defensive team they are, and without Kawhi Fred Van Fleet never has a chance to shine like he did in those moments, they never get the chance to get there and just play
GreenTeamah
Ballboy

Post#51 » by GreenTeamah » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:42 pm

BillTheGOAT wrote:Toronto lost Kawhi (best player in the league) and I dont think Masai will watch them treadmill. He either blows it up or goes to the Wizards. Where he blows it up :lol:.

Nets smell like ass.

76ERS
BUCKS
PACERS
CELTICS
TORONTO
HEAT
NETS
MAGIC

The biggest misconception is the Nets will be trash for a year before Durant gets there, that team is as deep as any team in the east besides Philly, they were on the rise before Kyrie and Jordan got there and didn’t lose anybody, even bringing in Prince for Crabbe was an upgrade, Kyrie needs some time before he dismantled the locker room but year one they will be good
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#52 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:57 pm

GreenTeamah wrote:
BillTheGOAT wrote:Toronto lost Kawhi (best player in the league) and I dont think Masai will watch them treadmill. He either blows it up or goes to the Wizards. Where he blows it up :lol:.

Nets smell like ass.

76ERS
BUCKS
PACERS
CELTICS
TORONTO
HEAT
NETS
MAGIC

The biggest misconception is the Nets will be trash for a year before Durant gets there, that team is as deep as any team in the east besides Philly, they were on the rise before Kyrie and Jordan got there and didn’t lose anybody, even bringing in Prince for Crabbe was an upgrade, Kyrie needs some time before he dismantled the locker room but year one they will be good

Kyrie replaces Russell. That should be an upgrade, but it may not be a huge jump. We'll see. And Jordan isn't as big a get as he used to be.
GreenTeamah
Ballboy

Post#53 » by GreenTeamah » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:09 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:
GreenTeamah wrote:

Nets smell like ass.

76ERS
BUCKS
PACERS
CELTICS
TORONTO
HEAT
NETS
MAGIC

Kyrie replaces Russell. That should be an upgrade, but it may not be a huge jump. We'll see. And Jordan isn't as big a get as he used to be.

IMO Jordan is a better get now, he was always overpaid for what he brought to the table and he’s not far off from what he used to be but on a phenomenal contract, that’s if he’s even starting they got him or Jarrett Allen coming off the bench
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,983

Post#54 » by jfs1000d » Sun Jul 7, 2019 12:01 am

greenroom31 wrote:Barring catastrophic injuries, my expectation is that each time will finish in their group (i.e. Boston finishes 3, 4, 5, or 6; Philly finishes 1 or 2).

1. Milwaukee
2. Philly

MIND THE GAP

3. Indiana (if Oladipo is back soon)
4. Nets
5. Toronto
6. Boston

MIND THE GAP PART 2

7. Miami
8. Orlando
9. Atlanta
10. Detroit

Too Low on Boston. Kyrie and Kemba are a wash. Chemistry will be better. Boston’s big loss is Horford, who isn’t an all-star. Rozier is addition by subtraction.

Issue is Kanter/Theis vs. a good but declining Al/Baynes/Mook

Celtics less depth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
robdog_5
Veteran
And1: 2,155

Post#55 » by robdog_5 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 1:33 am

With Lawhi leaving Raptors will still be middle of pack with Indiana, Nets and Celtics.

My question is we have a legit punchers chance as neither the Sixers or Bucks have done it but we would need to add to our bench. Does Danny gamble and add or we gonna go youth and rebuild?
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,125

Post#56 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Sun Jul 7, 2019 2:36 am

celticfan42487 wrote:
hickfromfrenchlick wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:I think the East could be as bad as we've seen since Kidd used to make the finals with the Nets every year.

All the major teams got worse or potentially just the same for the Bucks.

Bucks - worse without Brogdon or just about the same

Philly - Butler for Horford? Much worse. Richards for JJ is at best a wash for a Simmons/Embiid team. 0 goto bucket getter in crunch time.
Pacers - Better. TJ Warren, Lamb, and Brog better than just whomever they lost and that Bogdxk guy.
Toronto - Much worse. still a team with FVV, Siakam, Lowry, Ibaka, Gasol. They'll have some scoring issues but loaded with great vets.
Celtics - Obviously we were devastated. Rozier, Horford, Irving, Morris for Kemba and Kanter.
Nets - Irving and Deandre and their young supporting cast. A lot like the Celtics this season.
Heat - Jimmy Buckets and their bucket of vet slop. Yawn, playoff team though.

Last spot -- who **** cares, garbage everywhere.

I think the Bucks have an easy time getting to the Finals. They're the only team in the league besides the 76ers with an MVP level player and their roster actually fits. The 76ers spacing with Simmons, Embiid, Horford, Harris are going to bump into each other in the playoffs in the half court and when it comes to 2 minutes left to score it'll be just another Embiid missed shots.

Devastated is a bit harsh.

Kyrie for Kemba may well be a net positive.

Losing Horford hurts. Devastating? Nah.

(Devastating might be his effect on the Sixers payroll when he's 36. And I'd say Toronto losing a top-3 player is devastating.)

Scary Terry and Chuck Morris? Thank you for your service, guys. Good luck, and don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

You don't view this as a devastating exchange?

In:
Kemba
Kanter
A French guy

Out:
Horford
Irving
Morris
Rozier
Baynes

We recovered greatly with Kemba and Kanter (not quite as nice as the Warriors getting Dlo for Durant just wanting to leave, but about as good as you could do losing 2 all-stars).

But yeah man, idk. Listen our team is going to be way more enjoyable, and we're in a great spot with a lot of young talent to watch potentially grow (Tatum, Brown, TimeLord, Langford) and good vets. We're clearly a playoff team. But that ins and outs on the roster speak for itself.

Kemba may be better for this team because Irving has mental issues, but Horford is clearly straight up better than Kanter. Like flatly better.

Then you're talking about 3 starting level players for one French guy.

Our team went from predicted contenders last off season to middle of the road playoff team. It isn't the time to be depressed but it isn't the time to surgarcoat the situation either. Our team's fall is apart of the reason this year will be one of the weakest East Conference seasons since the Kidd RJ Martin "dynasty" seasons. Yikes.

I thought I made it pretty clear: nope.

Are you Markieff? Nobody else seems greatly troubled by the loss of Morris and Rozier.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#57 » by celticfan42487 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 2:42 am

celticfan42487 wrote:
Devastated is a bit harsh.

Kyrie for Kemba may well be a net positive.

Losing Horford hurts. Devastating? Nah.

(Devastating might be his effect on the Sixers payroll when he's 36. And I'd say Toronto losing a top-3 player is devastating.)

Scary Terry and Chuck Morris? Thank you for your service, guys. Good luck, and don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

In:
Kemba
Kanter
A French guy

Out:
Horford
Irving
Morris
Rozier
Baynes

We recovered greatly with Kemba and Kanter (not quite as nice as the Warriors getting Dlo for Durant just wanting to leave, but about as good as you could do losing 2 all-stars).

But yeah man, idk. Listen our team is going to be way more enjoyable, and we're in a great spot with a lot of young talent to watch potentially grow (Tatum, Brown, TimeLord, Langford) and good vets. We're clearly a playoff team. But that ins and outs on the roster speak for itself.

Kemba may be better for this team because Irving has mental issues, but Horford is clearly straight up better than Kanter. Like flatly better.

Our team went from predicted contenders last off season to middle of the road playoff team. It isn't the time to be depressed but it isn't the time to surgarcoat the situation either. Our team's fall is apart of the reason this year will be one of the weakest East Conference seasons since the Kidd RJ Martin "dynasty" seasons. Yikes.

Are you Markieff? Nobody else seems greatly troubled by the loss of Morris and Rozier.

Except for every single person that follows the league and all.

So you got us just as high as last season when it comes to predictions? Gonna double down on the Simmons styled 67 win prediction?
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,125

Post#58 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:13 am

celticfan42487 wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:

In:
Kemba
Kanter
A French guy

Out:
Horford
Irving
Morris
Rozier
Baynes

Except for every single person that follows the league and all.

So you got us just as high as last season when it comes to predictions? Gonna double down on the Simmons styled 67 win prediction?

Nice strawman. I'm not Bill Simmons and I never made any such prediction or anything like it.

Every single person who follows the NBA thinks losing Chuck Morris and Spaghetti Sandwich is greatly troubling? You really have a way with hyperbole.

Find a fainting couch to recover from our "devastating" losses. The rest of us will be having a lot more fun than we did last year.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,996

Post#59 » by 31to6 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:21 am

It’ll certainly be interesting.
Looking forward to the Jaylen and Jayson show!
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#60 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:36 am

Nets smell like ass.

76ERS
BUCKS
PACERS
CELTICS
TORONTO
HEAT
NETS
MAGIC

Sixers are interesting - Reddick out, Butler out, Horford in.. and Embiid and Simmons are still developing as players.. oh, Josh Richardson, too.. they’re not clearly better on paper, so chemistry will go a long way. Is Harris their starting 3 or is Horford the third big off the bench?

I have Milwaukee as the favorite - unless Miami pulls another rabbit out of its hat by trade (Westbrook?). They’re bringing almost everyone back, and Giannis is still a superstar.

Indiana made some nice moves on the edge of things, but Oladipo is still out and will be working his way back from injury. Sabonis could be better - Turner never improves as much as you’d want - they may still have to trade one of them. If Bitadze is ROY good, they find a good trade for Sabonis, and Oladipo comes back hot, they could be top three in the east.

Brooklyn will be better, even with no Durant - they can bank on some internal improvement, and if Kyrie is mellow enough, he won’t set up teammates like DAR did, but he’s a much better scorer.

Right now I’d go:

Bucks
Sixers
Celtics
Pacers
Nets
Magic
Heat
Bulls

Return to Boston Celtics