ImageImageImage

Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,101

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player 

Post#1581 » by Shak_Celts » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:25 am

That went left...

GO CELTICS!!!!!!!
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,513

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player 

Post#1582 » by canman1971 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:27 am

Man, everyone needs to wipe their *** clean of last season. Can't anyone move on in this freaking world regarding sports?
FakeScreenName123
RealGM
And1: 5,113

Post#1583 » by FakeScreenName123 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:33 am

KGboss wrote:Brown being selfish and thinking he bbn is ben simmons good makes me cautious moving into this season.

Hope this guy doesnt come in again trying to be top dog.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

hell yea i love being selfish by getting a raise

that is good that makes my brain feel good
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,441

Post#1584 » by Triple7 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:45 am

jmr07019 wrote:
Showtime23 wrote:
UNCBlue012 wrote:
Good for JB believing in himself but come on now.

So, Chicago might be interested in JB and Boston should like Porter since he can play the 4 as well.
Is there any way both teams can swap players if Boston doesnt plan on extending him?

Big difference between not wanting to given him 5/170 and trading him for a Porter. I see that trade as highly unlikely. I think we tell Brown to go find an offer and then match. 4/100 is a lot easier for Boston to swallow than 5/170. Let’s be real no one is giving Brown 170.

I agree. I think we let him enter restricted free agency, and match any decent/fair offer he gets. 4/100 is very ideal, though some teams will offer him more than his worth. Let him dictate his next contract with his play next season. I don’t care if he soured on the team by not getting the extension. Giving brown, who probably would be our 4th or 5th best player 170/5, is just stupid.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,891

Post#1585 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:06 am

canman1971 wrote:Man, everyone needs to wipe their *** clean of last season. Can't anyone move on in this freaking world regarding sports?

Speaking of wiping their **** clean...

I bet IT is most thrilled by this. He's been imploring Jaylen to get rid of that top since the day they met lol.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#1586 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:46 am

Showtime23 wrote:
UNCBlue012 wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Quite the difference, huh?

Good for JB believing in himself but come on now.

So, Chicago might be interested in JB and Boston should like Porter since he can play the 4 as well.
Is there any way both teams can swap players if Boston doesnt plan on extending him?

Where are we hearing Chicago has interest in Jaylen?

Also, isn't Jaylen's camp just.. Jaylen?

Right now he gets LeVert money - if he has a good year, he gets Murray money.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,948

Post#1587 » by Parliament10 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:54 am

Jaylen Brown has a selfish attitude, to get playing time, and to be good. As he should.
I was concerned last year about it. But, with Kyrie, Morris, Rozier (and who knows who else), all having "Selfish Attitudes".

Who cares???
If Brown is good enough, and for the right price, Keep him.

I think that he might get an Extension, before the Deadline approaches.
Before the First Day of the Regular Season. Plenty of time.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#1588 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:19 am

I don't know it would work, it might have to be a multi-team deal in a couple of months, but it's occurred to me that Danny might be interested in turning Jaylen into Zach Lavine for cap management reasons - Lavine is getting 18 million and is, as an offensive player, far ahead of Jaylen. It would destroy our chemistry in the short term, but it's a Danny move.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,696

Post#1589 » by return2glory » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:00 am

Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Quite the difference, huh?

Romeo get ready for next season because you will be getting plenty of time.

Brown isn’t worth the money he is looking for at the moment. But this is his year to prove it. I hope he has a big year.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,441

Post#1590 » by Triple7 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:28 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:I don't know it would work, it might have to be a multi-team deal in a couple of months, but it's occurred to me that Danny might be interested in turning Jaylen into Zach Lavine for cap management reasons - Lavine is getting 18 million and is, as an offensive player, far ahead of Jaylen. It would destroy our chemistry in the short term, but it's a Danny move.

I’ll pass on that one. Our objective this season is for Jaylen and Jayson to develop, and for hayward to go back to form. I’d rather pay Jaylen, and trade him if he doesn’t pan out, but not for Lavine. That’s a backward step on what we’re trying to do here. Rather trade him for a big. A wing for a wing player is useless.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#1591 » by FlatearthZorro » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:26 am

Darthlukey wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:
mg wrote:
Not happening.
Look I know the Bulls haven't made the best FO decisions lately but there's no way GarPax deal WCJ at this point unless they are getting back a superstar.

They are never getting a superstar for Carter. I dunno if he'll be a starter on their team with the way the league works and them being invested in Lauri. With that being said, CHI"s FO has been notorious for not trading nearly AT ALL, so I don't expect us to trade with them.

Not a starter, the dude is locked into the starting centre spot, with Lauri at the 4 spot most of the time

League plays small, lad. It seems in recent years there are 2-3 wings, pg and a big on the court when the game matters. Again, CHI ain't trading, at all.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Pacino62
Analyst
And1: 2,436

Post#1592 » by Pacino62 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:53 am

KGboss wrote:
5InOfLouisville wrote:
KGboss wrote:I'm pretty sure it's TRUE that for at least half of the season brown was being a douche. Why do you think smart and Morris got in his face like that?

So other players yelling in his face makes him a selfish douche?
Yokes I didnt realize there was a whole coalition of brown defenders on this forum.

No wonder this place has fallen off a cliff over the last year

That last part can’t be and 1’ed enough. Giant. Cliff.
“All due respect and I’m generally curious but who tf is cousin steez” ~ MagicBagley18

"i see celtics fans here are nothing but a s s holes so good bye not going to waste my time with you lowlifes." ~ HornetsFan29
5InOfLouisville
Senior
And1: 818

Post#1593 » by 5InOfLouisville » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:33 am

Parliament10 wrote:Jaylen Brown has a selfish attitude, to get playing time, and to be good. As he should.
I was concerned last year about it. But, with Kyrie, Morris, Rozier (and who knows who else), all having "Selfish Attitudes".

Who cares???
If Brown is good enough, and for the right price, Keep him.

I think that he might get an Extension, before the Deadline approaches.
Before the First Day of the Regular Season. Plenty of time.

How are we defining “selfish”? It has a negative connotation. Are we all selfish for eating because we are only doing it to keep us alive?

If every basketball player is selfish, does it become relative?

All I’m really saying is that I don’t think jaylen brown is a selfish player on the court or in the locker room. I watched almost every game last year and I was frustrated like I imagine all of you were too. I think it’s natural to try and place blame, but I had a lot of trouble figuring out exactly what went wrong, when I can usually at least formulate a theory.

So I guess I don’t know what went wrong but I don’t think job is/was selfish

Just my opinion, of course
KGboss wrote:Brown doesnt need you to clean his jock strap for him

Captain_Caveman wrote:You are perfectly welcome to never read or respond to my posts ever again. I don't find you particularly knowledgeable or insightful from anything I have read to date.

:cry:
5InOfLouisville
Senior

Post#1594 » by 5InOfLouisville » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:40 am

Pacino62 wrote:
KGboss wrote:
5InOfLouisville wrote:
So other players yelling in his face makes him a selfish douche?
Yokes I didnt realize there was a whole coalition of brown defenders on this forum.

Yo can somebody please tell me about the good ol days around here, before everything went downhill??? All this reminiscing has me curious

And not to be critical, but if youre over here pining for the realgm of yesteryear, shouldn’t you make better posts? If youre not part of the solution...

Idea for the mods: Realgm retirement home forum.

Older, better, more seasoned posters could sit on their front porches and reminisce about the glory days without being disturbed by terrible posters like me, and in turn, newer, crappy posters like me wont be distracted by their emotional sadness

Captain_Caveman wrote:You are perfectly welcome to never read or respond to my posts ever again. I don't find you particularly knowledgeable or insightful from anything I have read to date.

Higgs Boston
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,625

Post#1595 » by Higgs Boston » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:57 am

When Brown played like a 3-D player with few touches and plays for him (he played bad but it was the role he was assigned) Stevens didn't give him too much playing time, then when he was more aggressive and selfish he played rather more, it's not his fault that Stevens was rewarding selfishness and doesn't have the balls to put order in the team. This same **** happened with team usa, in the first games he played like a random role player in a unselfish way (he played well enough in the first half of the first game to play more), then when he was more aggressive and selfish he played much more, even in the game against france happened the same where popovich rewarded selfishness and hero ball.
The coaches are the ones who have to reward unselfishness and team work, if they don't do it then it will create a bad dynamic.
a
5InOfLouisville
Senior

Post#1596 » by 5InOfLouisville » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:26 am

Higgs Boston wrote:When Brown played like a 3-D player with few touches and plays for him (he played bad but it was the role he was assigned) Stevens didn't give him too much playing time, then when he was more aggressive and selfish he played rather more, it's not his fault that Stevens was rewarding selfishness and doesn't have the balls to put order in the team. This same **** happened with team usa, in the first games he played like a random role player in a unselfish way (he played well enough in the first half of the first game to play more), then when he was more aggressive and selfish he played much more, even in the game against france happened the same where popovich rewarded selfishness and hero ball.
The coaches are the ones who have to reward unselfishness and team work, if they don't do it then it will create a bad dynamic.
a

i appreciate the thoughts even though my opinion differs. In my mind Brad tried to define roles. And, I could be totally off-base, but I would be willing to bet that Brad told Jaylen that his role was to come in and be aggressive. Take hard, straight-line drives to the basket when a lane opens, and shoot your shot when you are open. Guarded by a 2? Take him right to the paint because you're stronger.

If he was doing his best to fulfill his role on the team, then I don't think he is being selfish. Without getting too much into x's and o's, there were so many times last year I saw Celtics standing around while somebody else was driving to the hoop.

In my mind, those players standing around watching were the selfish ones. When someone drives, it is everyone else's job to change positions and rotate to open up the floor and make themselves available.

If i drive to the hoop and draw a double team, and the guy whose man comes to help doesn't bother to take 2 steps to get open so i can make the easy dish and i end up getting caught under the basket, HE is the selfish one.

For whatever reason, I felt like last year we had a team of well-intentioned players who just didn't "click" for whatever reason. It bothers me that I can't begin to figure it out. I guess some of the blame has to fall at Brad's feet, as well as that of the players.

I also think that my own bias is that i tend to give players the benefit of the doubt when it comes to intangibles, but then again, innocent til proven guilty...

Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#1597 » by Slartibartfast » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:33 pm

5InOfLouisville wrote:
Pacino62 wrote:
KGboss wrote:Yokes I didnt realize there was a whole coalition of brown defenders on this forum.

Yo can somebody please tell me about the good ol days around here, before everything went downhill??? All this reminiscing has me curious

And not to be critical, but if youre over here pining for the realgm of yesteryear, shouldn’t you make better posts? If youre not part of the solution...

Older, better, more seasoned posters could sit on their front porches and reminisce about the glory days without being disturbed by terrible posters like me, and in turn, newer, crappy posters like me wont be distracted by their emotional sadness

The VFW (Veterans of Flame Wars) Hall burnt down awhile back. Now we're all wandering around stateside like John Rambo, just passing through, and occasionally tangling with local mod enforcement.
Pacino62
Analyst
And1: 2,436

Post#1598 » by Pacino62 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:37 pm

5InOfLouisville wrote:
Pacino62 wrote:
KGboss wrote:Yokes I didnt realize there was a whole coalition of brown defenders on this forum.

Yo. I agreed with KG’s statement about the forum being much better in the past. I don’t give a **** about your take on Brown. So, that wasn’t directed at you.

And the difference isn’t the posters. It’s the activity. Just a year ago, you couldn’t keep up there were so many people participating in the forum. Now, I’ll come on after being gone for 36 hours and I’m caught up in 10 minutes. If that isn’t telling, I don’t know what to tell you.

Sensitive much?
“All due respect and I’m generally curious but who tf is cousin steez” ~ MagicBagley18

"i see celtics fans here are nothing but a s s holes so good bye not going to waste my time with you lowlifes." ~ HornetsFan29
5InOfLouisville
Senior

Post#1599 » by 5InOfLouisville » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:42 pm

Pacino62 wrote:
5InOfLouisville wrote:
Pacino62 wrote:

Yo. I agreed with KG’s statement about the forum being much better in the past. I don’t give a **** about your take on Brown. So, that wasn’t directed at you.

And the difference isn’t the posters. It’s the activity. Just a year ago, you couldn’t keep up there were so many people participating in the forum. Now, I’ll come on after being gone for 36 hours and I’m caught up in 10 minutes. If that isn’t telling, I don’t know what to tell you.

Sensitive much?

super sensitive. check my realgm-inspired online poetry journal.

Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,029

Post#1600 » by Bad-Thoma » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:57 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
5InOfLouisville wrote:
Pacino62 wrote:

The VFW (Veterans of Flame Wars) Hall burnt down awhile back. Now we're all wandering around stateside like John Rambo, just passing through, and occasionally tangling with local mod enforcement.

We all just passing through like

Return to Boston Celtics