ImageImageImage

Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player 

Post#1601 » by Taget » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:05 pm

UNCBlue012 wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Quite the difference, huh?

Good for JB believing in himself but come on now.

Why shouldn't he? He just saw Rozier get more than LaVert money. And you better believe he thinks he's worth more than Rozier. Of Course Rozier got lucky and Brown may still be left out in the cold if he does not play his cards correctly.

Market will dictate salaries. Brown has made huge strides since he came into the league with a lot of growth potential. Right now he can offer you very good defense and some offense as well. Plus you never know who Danny will fall in love with (and may actually encourage Brown to accept a sign and trade to help the Celtics get that player. At this point it is in the interest of both sides to wait.
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player 

Post#1602 » by KGboss » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:59 pm

Yall see kyrie presser today?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#1603 » by Darth Celtic » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:01 pm

KGboss wrote:Yall see kyrie presser today?

yes. So you had to leave because your grandpa died. Sounds legit.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#1604 » by KGboss » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:04 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:

If hes using his dead grampa for sympathy points that's scummy as ****

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,801

Post#1605 » by Parliament10 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:14 pm

KGboss wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:

Read on Twitter

No Comment.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
5InOfLouisville
Senior
And1: 818

Post#1606 » by 5InOfLouisville » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:19 pm

i don't know why i just and 1'd a "no comment", but it seemed super appropriate.
KGboss wrote:Brown doesnt need you to clean his jock strap for him

Captain_Caveman wrote:You are perfectly welcome to never read or respond to my posts ever again. I don't find you particularly knowledgeable or insightful from anything I have read to date.

:cry:
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1607 » by Parliament10 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:24 pm

5InOfLouisville wrote:i don't know why i just and 1'd a "no comment", but it seemed super appropriate.

Hahaha!!!

I mean. Wow. He used his Dad in a commercial. Told us he was going to re-sign. #11.
Then he bounced.

There are just no words.
I hope he has a terrible career.

PS.:
Notice, that I didn't give that Scumbag!!! ... the Respect of a name.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
5InOfLouisville
Senior
And1: 818

Post#1608 » by 5InOfLouisville » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:36 pm

i almost dont like to say anything, bc i guess everyone is different and who knows whats going through his head, and how things affect him....but man.

contrast that with a Marcus Smart, who lost his mother, and how he performed for us....

again, its tough...but...I was a bit of a kyrie apologist, and i said good riddance when he left, but didnt want to blame him disproportionately for last year's problems...

but he sure makes it difficult for me to try and stick up for him.
KGboss wrote:Brown doesnt need you to clean his jock strap for him

Captain_Caveman wrote:You are perfectly welcome to never read or respond to my posts ever again. I don't find you particularly knowledgeable or insightful from anything I have read to date.

:cry:
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1609 » by Parliament10 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:47 pm

Read on Twitter

This is Great. Love how the Celtics Family sticks together.

And by-the-way, Tacko is spending a lot of time with a team that he "might" not be a part of???
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#1610 » by Darth Celtic » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:57 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is Great. Love how the Celtics Family sticks together.

And by-the-way, Tacko is spending a lot of time with a team that he "might" not be a part of???

he will be our 15th man, come on. Signing him makes the team money, lots of it.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
BigTrade92
General Manager
And1: 10,685

Post#1611 » by BigTrade92 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:11 pm

So Kyrie Irving is a pathetic fraud who talks out of his ass and makes excuses?

Huh...who knew?
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#1612 » by sam_I_am » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:04 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
KGboss wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:yes. So you had to leave because your grandpa died. Sounds legit.

Read on Twitter

No Comment.

To think we went from IT’s historically great and emotional 50 point performance to that....
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#1613 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:51 pm

He’s already started with that sh*t?
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,676

Post#1614 » by GoCeltics123 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:56 pm

Read on Twitter

Like I said, he's still a ****
UNCBlue012
Analyst
And1: 4,139

Post#1615 » by UNCBlue012 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:51 pm

Kyrie is the worst.
000078ude54
Pro Prospect
And1: 551

Post#1616 » by 000078ude54 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:56 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
KGboss wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:yes. So you had to leave because your grandpa died. Sounds legit.

Read on Twitter

No Comment.

He could've just said "I never wanted to go to Boston, I wanted to collude with KD to play in NYC."

What everyone will remember is that he quit on the entire Celtics franchise and was actively toxic in the locker room on purpose. Complete definition of unprofessional.
Half-Full
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,127

Post#1617 » by Half-Full » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:59 pm

5InOfLouisville wrote:i almost dont like to say anything, bc i guess everyone is different and who knows whats going through his head, and how things affect him....but man.

contrast that with a Marcus Smart, who lost his mother, and how he performed for us....

again, its tough...but...I was a bit of a kyrie apologist, and i said good riddance when he left, but didnt want to blame him disproportionately for last year's problems...

but he sure makes it difficult for me to try and stick up for him.

In addition to Marcus Smart, there have been other players who have lost family members, and who did not use that as an excuse to jump to another team. Doesn't speak much to his character. Glad he's gone.
Banks2Pierce
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#1618 » by Banks2Pierce » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:02 pm

People deal with grief differently. At least he acknowledged what he said and why he decided to back off on that and we have no real way to know if he's just making excuses. His comments swung me from booing if I was there at his return to blah indifference. He'll still get booed, but I wouldn't any longer.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,676

Post#1619 » by GoCeltics123 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:15 pm

Banks2Pierce wrote:People deal with grief differently. At least he acknowledged what he said and why he decided to back off on that and we have no real way to know if he's just making excuses. His comments swung me from booing if I was there at his return to blah indifference. He'll still get booed, but I wouldn't any longer.

I totally understand with grieving and the pain it causes everyone, but I still don't think that excuses him from antagonizing everyone in the locker room for an entire season.

It's one thing to do it for a short period of time, it's a whole other thing to constantly take it out on the people counting on you. And those who are trying to help you.

Depression sucks man. I've had it on and off for a long time. But at some point you can't blame others for your problems, and start blaming yourself; he kind of blamed himself in this presser, but it's way after the fact, when he left and it was too late to truly apologize face-to-face to everyone in the Celtics organization.

Also, he quit on the Celtics vs. the Bucks, which is inexcusable. I'm sorry, just a fact.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#1620 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:19 pm

Current mood:

With that being said, I have a few points:
1) The posts in this thread, on this very page - gross. He's not on our team. Put it in the Around the NBA thread.
2) Even though it is in the wrong thread, I'm glad you all kept the vitriol within our board and not taking it to the GB.
3) Shout out to all of the other teams' fans on the GB, who are dragging Kyrie on our behalf. They're doing God's work. :lol:

Return to Boston Celtics