ImageImageImage

Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kemba Bealive we're still talking about this? 

Post#21 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:48 pm

Froob wrote:
reload141 wrote:Zoya demolishing these Offseason Threads.

I’m just here to witness his greatness

He’s great, but how would he do outside of our system?

Hmm good question
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,322

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kemba Bealive we're still talking about this? 

Post#22 » by Froob » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:49 pm

LarryBirdsFingr wrote:
Froob wrote:

Hmm good question

Gotta credit the mods for developing such great talent IMO

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,991

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player 

Post#23 » by Floody100 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:50 pm

djFan71 wrote:Wall of Shame:

zoyathedestroya (217)
MagicBagley18 (118)
Andrew McCeltic (79)
djFan71 (73)
Celts17Pride (58)
Parliament10 (56)
Triple7 (54)
Edug27 (51)
SmartWentCrazy (49)
winsomme2 (47)
Darth Celtic (38)
cloverleaf (34)
Froob (34)
GoCeltics123 (31)
sam_I_am (27)
Darthlukey (26)
Disinformation (26)
Celtics_Champs (26)
robdog_5 (25)
Floody100 (25)

Made the list ! :lol:
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,074

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kanter believe you thought of former player 

Post#24 » by Ben-N1ce » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:54 pm

It's the friends era. Beal and Tatum are really close. Same area, same schools. Beal is a Celtic confirmed.
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,991

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kemba Bealieve we're still talking about this? 

Post#25 » by Floody100 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:56 pm

Afam wrote:Unreal.

Read on Twitter

"We were really fortunate that Rich Paul was representing LeBron James, and the Lakers need(ing) to put another star with LeBron sort of dovetailed with the fact that Anthony had picked the time he had picked to want to move on," Griffin told Wojnarowski.

Wow, after reading that you’d think he was trying to help the Lakers.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#26 » by reload141 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:56 pm

LarryBirdsFingr wrote:
Froob wrote:

Hmm good question

Do we really want to trade Zoya for Beal though?... I think that is an overpay and i'd draw the line.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt 11: Kemba Bealieve we're still talking about this? 

Post#27 » by MagicBagley18 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:57 pm

Froob wrote:Curious how real this Beal stuff is. I wonder if Denver would trade them Murray. I love Murray but not sure he’s the guy they paid him to be.

Probably Harris and keep Murray
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#28 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:00 am

Floody100 wrote:

Read on Twitter

"We were really fortunate that Rich Paul was representing LeBron James, and the Lakers need(ing) to put another star with LeBron sort of dovetailed with the fact that Anthony had picked the time he had picked to want to move on," Griffin told Wojnarowski.

They are tho...having lebron made the lakers desperate enough to pair Lebron with someone and made them throw everything at the pelicans. Fear of striking out in free agency and having Lebron toil his last years away was the ultimate scare tactic
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#29 » by Edug27 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:16 am

reload141 wrote:
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:
Froob wrote:He’s great, but how would he do outside of our system?

Hmm good question

Do we really want to trade Zoya for Beal though?... I think that is an overpay and i'd draw the line.

What has Beal done on this board?? How many sign and trade scenarios has he came up with??
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,070

Post#30 » by Ed Pinkney » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:29 am

Edug27 wrote:
reload141 wrote:
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:Hmm good question

What has Beal done on this board?? How many sign and trade scenarios has he came up with??

Winning plays, that's what zoya brings to the table. That stuff is hard to quantify.

Ben-N1ce wrote:It's the friends era. Beal and Tatum are really close. Same area, same schools. Beal is a Celtic confirmed.

**** Friends, Seinfeld for life.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,322

Post#31 » by Froob » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:29 am

Edug27 wrote:
reload141 wrote:
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:Hmm good question

Zoya creating the sign and trade that gets him shipped outta town. Just like when Keyshawn Johnson scouted Dwayne Jarrett who took his job.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,999

Post#32 » by 31to6 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:46 am

Froob wrote:
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:
Froob wrote:He’s great, but how would he do outside of our system?

Hmm good question

Gotta credit the mods for developing such great talent IMO

I don’t know, I’d like to see what Zoya could become under the tutelage of Perkins or Posey if we could get one of them in to work with him. Or maybe KG or Russell.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
31to6
RealGM

Post#33 » by 31to6 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:48 am

I just want to say that posters including Smart as a throw in to a Beal trade make me sad. Marcus ain’t about that life.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Post#34 » by djFan71 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:50 am

Froob wrote:
Edug27 wrote:
reload141 wrote:

Zoya creating the sign and trade that gets him shipped outta town. Just like when Keyshawn Johnson scouted Dwayne Jarrett who took his job.

We don't pay Zoya enough. Since we didn't sign any posters name TreyDBallast, I'm not sure we can match salary on an equivalent talent poster. Probably have to wait til next summer unless we want to send out other posters like CelticsfanSinceBirth or MagicBagley18, who we don't want to lose unless we're getting a legit superstar poster back. If we extend Zoya this summer we trigger the poison pill, but if we don't move him this year, it's RFA next summer and we gotta be prepared to max him or lose him. So, you try to find another young gun on another board at a position of need. But, every subform overvalues their own posters. It gets hard to make a trade work.
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,262

Post#35 » by TheMartian » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:52 am

Read on Twitter

**** AD. And **** Lebron and the Lakers too.
gocelts
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,898

Post#36 » by gocelts » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:53 am

I heard the Pels asked for Zoya and that was the deal breaker for Ainge to walk away from Davis.
~gocelts
31to6
RealGM

Post#37 » by 31to6 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:57 am

djFan71 wrote:
Froob wrote:
Edug27 wrote:

We don't pay Zoya enough. Since we didn't sign any posters name TreyDBallast, I'm not sure we can match salary on an equivalent talent poster. Probably have to wait til next summer unless we want to send out other posters like CelticsfanSinceBirth or MagicBagley18, who we don't want to lose unless we're getting a legit superstar poster back. If we extend Zoya this summer we trigger the poison pill, but if we don't move him this year, it's RFA next summer and we gotta be prepared to max him or lose him. So, you try to find another young gun on another board at a position of need. But, every subform overvalues their own posters. It gets hard to make a trade work.

If we lose Zoya we need to tank immediately and try to get Constable or someone of that quality. Maybe crowderKeg but that guy suuuucks.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,441

Post#38 » by Triple7 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:57 am

Can hayward play the 2? I think we can start gordon at the 2, and tatum at the 3 on certain matchups. Especially against the sixers and bucks. Move jaylen on the 2nd unit. Maybe start Theis or Poirier next to Kanter. If were playing against AD and Cousins, maybe we can start RW and Kanter together. If we use Tatum at the 4, Horford and Giannis would just pound him inside and would require a double, leaving their shooters open. Of course we would be versatile on offense with Tatum at the 4, but my problem is with our defense. RW is still a long way to be reliable at the C spot.
Wes-J
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,769

Post#39 » by Wes-J » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:31 am

Pleez enough with the devilry that is Rich Paul and Anthony Davis.

Go Kawhi, Go Clippers!
greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Post#40 » by greenroom31 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:36 am

Floody100 wrote:

Read on Twitter

I read it totally differently. I think Griffin was saying they were fortunate that the Lakers were desperate to find a star to partner with LeBron and that AD and LeBron share an agent. That enabled New Orleans to get a huge haul for AD after he demanded to be traded.

Return to Boston Celtics