ImageImageImage

Hayward, Brown, Tatum in 2020

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Re: Hayward, Brown, Tatum in 2020 

Post#41 » by Tiny ball » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:40 pm

The Comedian wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:We just need Hayward to move into the ‘Horford-at-PF’ role for us next season and we will be fine offensively— let him get a few more shots and more of an opportunity to create for others out of the high post. If he could average 14-6–5 next year on high percentages, I would be quite happy, all things considered.

I personally just do Not see that kind of play making from him. I could see lots more points couple more rebounds.

Why don't you see that? He's already had a season of 5.1 apg, and last year averaged 3.4 in 25 mpg, as like the 4th ballhandler. You don't think he could get 1.5 more assists a game in more minutes while being the secondary ballhandler? Seems kind of silly.

Where did he do this 5.1 grade school? NBA career 1.9 from my fast looking.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#42 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:00 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:I personally just do Not see that kind of play making from him. I could see lots more points couple more rebounds.

Why don't you see that? He's already had a season of 5.1 apg, and last year averaged 3.4 in 25 mpg, as like the 4th ballhandler. You don't think he could get 1.5 more assists a game in more minutes while being the secondary ballhandler? Seems kind of silly.

Look again. He had 5.2 in 2013-14. His career average is 3.4 and, save his rookie year, he’s never had a season below 3.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#43 » by Feed Your Head » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:21 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:I personally just do Not see that kind of play making from him. I could see lots more points couple more rebounds.

How about not being condescending when you're clearly wrong. Cool? Cool.
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#44 » by Spin Move » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:16 pm

Eventually 1 of the 3 will likley be moved or move on, we had better hope Tatum and Brown develop enough that those are the two we keep long term unless GH is willing to take a discount on his next contract, nothing against GH but outside of him we don't have the salaries to match for a big in a trade and our team is very unbalenced talent wise, with that said Tatum and Brown need to prove it, and I hope GH has a great season as well, GH and JT will both get time at 4 all 3 can play together we just need a differnt 5 then we have now to enable it.
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#45 » by Ernest » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:29 pm

To be honest they all need to take a step up to be worth investing in long term.
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#46 » by Edug27 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:34 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
Edug27 wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:Tatum might have more potential but for now Brown is the better offensive player, and getting better defensively every day.

Every year Brown steps up in playoffs. He's been by far the most consistent.

Trading him would be a mistake.

Hayward is a shell of his former self. Will he recover this or next year? For now Brown brings way more.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app

Brown is not a better offensively player than Tatum. Not during the season, not in the playoffs, not in any stretch of the imagination.

Guess if you like guy front rimming fade away 2 point jumpers Tatum is your guy.

And if you like guys dribbling off their feet when driving.. getting stripped when driving... or getting fouled when driving and missing both free throws... then Jaylen is your guy.
FutureIsGreen
Junior
And1: 236

Post#47 » by FutureIsGreen » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:55 pm

Ernest wrote:To be honest they all need to take a step up to be worth investing in long term.

This is the stuff I love to hear. It really is that simple. Will the 21/22 year old progress?, more than likely that they will. We have great talent, youth, selfless vets and balance that we haven't seen in years. Hard to be negative with so many positives out here. I'll save judgement for results as they actually play out.
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#48 » by Tiny ball » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:05 pm

Edug27 wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:
Edug27 wrote:
Brown is not a better offensively player than Tatum. Not during the season, not in the playoffs, not in any stretch of the imagination.

Guess if you like guy front rimming fade away 2 point jumpers Tatum is your guy.

And if you like guys dribbling off their feet when driving.. getting stripped when driving... or getting fouled when driving and missing both free throws... then Jaylen is your guy.

At least he is driving and he was hitting his fade away 2s in the lane. Also he was hitting one or two free throws near all the time.
GOATTatum
Junior
And1: 551

Post#49 » by GOATTatum » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:08 pm

Gordon returns to allstar form and Danny trades him at the deadline. Jaylen takes the next step and is a finalist for MIP and DPOTY. Tatum takes the role of leader of the team, named allstar starter, DPOTY, Scoring Champ, MIP, wins MVP, and Finals MVP.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#50 » by cloverleaf » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:44 pm

GOATTatum wrote:Gordon returns to allstar form and Danny trades him at the deadline. Jaylen takes the next step and is a finalist for MIP and DPOTY. Tatum takes the role of leader of the team, named allstar starter, DPOTY, Scoring Champ, MIP, wins MVP, and Finals MVP.

Bwaha--we get it, you're JT's new cheerleader here.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#51 » by cloverleaf » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:46 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
Edug27 wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:Guess if you like guy front rimming fade away 2 point jumpers Tatum is your guy.

At least he is driving and he was hitting his fade away 2s in the lane. Also he was hitting one or two free throws near all the time.

OF the 3, JB of course with the most FTAs -- and fewest FT makes.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,285

Post#52 » by brackdan70 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:30 am

cloverleaf wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:I still can't get beyondthe JT, JB, GH trio with Kemba and Kanter replacing Kyrie and Al has the very same shot-sharing issues they had last year. Maybe some better personalities with Kyrie and Terry gone, but the same underlying issues.

So when Wyc says Danny is still working on possible trades, I can only assume they will try to deal with that--and that likely means a trade with Gordo or Brown--if they can swing it.

Morris is also gone.

And his bench shots get picked up by the rooks.

Nope Tatum, Brown, Hayward get those.
Sign here
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#53 » by cloverleaf » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:47 am

brackdan70 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:Morris is also gone.

Bench shots? And none for the rooks?
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#54 » by brackdan70 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:04 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

I am sure the rooks will get some shots but Morris started 53 games and came off the bench 22 games last year. His shots are likely taken by Hayward Brown Tatum. Even if all those 3 start I expect one will be on the court all the time.
Theis, Semi, or Williams might get a little run as well, but we are not going to miss Morris’s shooting by any means IMO
Sign here
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#55 » by cloverleaf » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:17 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:Nope Tatum, Brown, Hayward get those.

I am sure the rooks will get some shots but Morris started 53 games and came off the bench 22 games last year. His shots are likely taken by Hayward Brown Tatum. Even if all those 3 start I expect one will be on the court all the time.
Theis, Semi, or Williams might get a little run as well, but we are not going to miss Morris’s shooting by any means IMO

He was already coming off the bench by the year's end. With Brown getting those starters' shots back. What Mook has left behind is bench shots that the likes of Edwards will be happy to pick up.

And I'm not crying any tears for Mook's departure. If anything I think they need to trim the offensive overgrowth still more. More D down low and more offensive quality over quantity.
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#56 » by brackdan70 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:28 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

He was already benched by the year's end. With Brown getting those starters' shots back. What Mook has left behind is bench shots that the likes of Edwards will be happy to pick up.

And I'm not crying any tears for Mook's departure. If anything I think they need to trim the offensive overgrowth still more. More D down low and more offensive quality over quantity.

Yeah maybe...though it seems Edwards might fill in Rozier’s “holes”. I could see a tighter rotation too where most of the minutes Morris played are spread between Brown, Hayward and Tatum, with some going to bigs. I wouldn’t mind seeing Semi /Theis getting some run as well assuming they are effective.

For the rooks, seem like Edwards is best positioned to get rotation minutes. Williams or Langford will really need to show something if they are going to get much I think. Will be interesting to see it all shake out for sure.
Sign here
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#57 » by cloverleaf » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:31 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:I am sure the rooks will get some shots but Morris started 53 games and came off the bench 22 games last year. His shots are likely taken by Hayward Brown Tatum. Even if all those 3 start I expect one will be on the court all the time.

He was already benched by the year's end. With Brown getting those starters' shots back. What Mook has left behind is bench shots that the likes of Edwards will be happy to pick up.

Yeah maybe...though it seems Edwards might fill in Rozier’s “holes”. I could see a tighter rotation too where most of the minutes Morris played are spread between Brown, Hayward and Tatum, with some going to bigs. I wouldn’t mind seeing Semi /Theis getting some run as well assuming they are effective.

For the rooks, seem like Edwards is best positioned to get rotation minutes. Williams or Langford will really need to show something if they are going to get much I think. Will be interesting to see it all shake out for sure.

Interesting. I'm thinking more shots for the main guys, more minutes for Gordon, and then the remaining minutes and shots more widely spread, as they develop more young guys this year.
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#58 » by Tiny ball » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:31 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

Look again. He had 5.2 in 2013-14. His career average is 3.4 and, save his rookie year, he’s never had a season below 3.
For some reason I was talking Tatum? My mistake. Yes Hayward is a playmaker.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,947

Post#59 » by Parliament10 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:36 pm

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,702

Post#60 » by Tatumfor2 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:01 pm

GOATTatum wrote:Gordon returns to allstar form and Danny trades him at the deadline. Jaylen takes the next step and is a finalist for MIP and DPOTY. Tatum takes the role of leader of the team, named allstar starter, DPOTY, Scoring Champ, MIP, wins MVP, and Finals MVP.

Seems about right.
Win it for Al!!! :pray:

Return to Boston Celtics