ImageImageImage

FIBA World Cup

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Re: FIBA world cup 

Post#161 » by Tiny ball » Thu Aug 8, 2019 7:10 pm

"Smart said he was “exercising caution,” Tuesday when he sat out the team’s Day 2 of practice with soreness in his left ankle. Multiple reports coming out of practice Wednesday update his status to “out indefinitely,” with tightness in his left calf." So what is it calf ankle or tendon?
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#162 » by CeltsfaninDC » Thu Aug 8, 2019 7:56 pm

Get hyped!!
Read on Twitter
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,715

Post#163 » by GoCeltics123 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 9:53 pm

CeltsfaninDC wrote:Get hyped!!
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,909

Post#164 » by FlatearthZorro » Fri Aug 9, 2019 10:24 am

GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Brown has looked pretty freaking good in these videos. Kid looks poised for a great season. If I'm Danny I'd still see if he accepts like 25-28(maybe 29 mils) a year extension this summer. I've always been a supporter of his and always thought he has at the very least all-star talent. I'd take Brown over Murray 10 out 10 times. I think Brown has the complete package- athletic ability, length, strength, shooting, not afraid of the big moments, his 3 point shot has above average. If he improves his handles, which is a big IF, he can easily be a better version of Butler(who's shorter, confrontational as a person and a bit lacking when it comes to efficiency at times)...

Also has Brown grown like maybe close to an inch. Turner is a legit 6'11 guy. Brown was 6'7, 4 inches is a huge height advantage. It looks more like 3 to me.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#165 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Aug 9, 2019 10:35 am

According to John Schuhmann of NBA.com, looks like we may have three starters for FIBA

Both Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum are pretty safe bets to make the final roster, and there's a chance they could be the starting forwards. Tatum shot very well in the controlled scrimmage that the media watched on Thursday, and Brown is arguably the most versatile forward in camp.

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/08/08/team-usa-notebook-scrimmage-preview
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#166 » by 3D Chess » Fri Aug 9, 2019 12:47 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:According to John Schuhmann of NBA.com, looks like we may have three starters for FIBA

Both Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum are pretty safe bets to make the final roster, and there's a chance they could be the starting forwards. Tatum shot very well in the controlled scrimmage that the media watched on Thursday, and Brown is arguably the most versatile forward in camp.

This would be a nice feather for those two, and put Kuzma in his place a little bit. It's not his fault, but I have to hate him :dontknow:
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#167 » by Tiny ball » Fri Aug 9, 2019 1:04 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Brown has looked pretty freaking good in these videos. Kid looks poised for a great season. If I'm Danny I'd still see if he accepts like 25-28(maybe 29 mils) a year extension this summer. I've always been a supporter of his and always thought he has at the very least all-star talent. I'd take Brown over Murray 10 out 10 times. I think Brown has the complete package- athletic ability, length, strength, shooting, not afraid of the big moments, his 3 point shot has above average. If he improves his handles, which is a big IF, he can easily be a better version of Butler(who's shorter, confrontational as a person and a bit lacking when it comes to efficiency at times)...

Also has Brown grown like maybe close to an inch. Turner is a legit 6'11 guy. Brown was 6'7, 4 inches is a huge height advantage. It looks more like 3 to me.

Brown is looking good to me also.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,067

Post#168 » by Darth Celtic » Fri Aug 9, 2019 1:34 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:According to John Schuhmann of NBA.com, looks like we may have three starters for FIBA

The GB tells me Brown isn't good. This can't be true.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,731

Post#169 » by OldCeltics » Fri Aug 9, 2019 1:36 pm

Where can we see the scrimmage tonight for team USA? Only on NBA TV?
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#170 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Aug 9, 2019 1:45 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:

The GB tells me Brown isn't good. This can't be true.

I think its cuz he has been around toxic young players like Jarrett ‘Willie Cauley-Stein’ Allen and Joe ‘Steve Novak’ Harris. Those dudes just infect pretty much everyone around them. Happy they’ll be cut and away from our guys soon.
CelticsLV
Head Coach
And1: 6,662

Post#171 » by CelticsLV » Fri Aug 9, 2019 2:00 pm

Is there a footage of Tatum shooting 3s? That shot after a pass from Walker actually looked quick and smooth.
lon3lytoaster
Head Coach
And1: 5,758

Post#172 » by lon3lytoaster » Fri Aug 9, 2019 4:33 pm

#34 looks kinda nice on Tatum. As opposed to something like, idk.. 24.
lon3lytoaster
Head Coach

Post#173 » by lon3lytoaster » Fri Aug 9, 2019 4:35 pm

3D Chess wrote:

This would be a nice feather for those two, and put Kuzma in his place a little bit. It's not his fault, but I have to hate him :dontknow:

I think USAMB learned a bit from just having scoring star and scoring star back before the Redeem Team. Having glue pieces like Shane Battier, etc is good for team cohesion. If Marcus Smart can’t go, I think Jaylen’s the next best bet for that guard/forward slot
3D Chess
Lead Assistant

Post#174 » by 3D Chess » Fri Aug 9, 2019 4:43 pm

lon3lytoaster wrote:
3D Chess wrote:

I think USAMB learned a bit from just having scoring star and scoring star back before the Redeem Team. Having glue pieces like Shane Battier, etc is good for team cohesion. If Marcus Smart can’t go, I think Jaylen’s the next best bet for that guard/forward slot

There's also the rumor that when Kawhi demanded a trade, the Spurs (and by extension, Pop) were really high on Jaylen.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 54,380

Post#175 » by Parliament10 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 4:50 pm

OldCeltics wrote:Where can we see the scrimmage tonight for team USA? Only on NBA TV?

I only see it being listed on NBA-TV.

Edit:
It's Streaming on Twitch, too.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
lon3lytoaster
Head Coach

Post#176 » by lon3lytoaster » Fri Aug 9, 2019 4:53 pm

3D Chess wrote:
lon3lytoaster wrote:
3D Chess wrote:This would be a nice feather for those two, and put Kuzma in his place a little bit. It's not his fault, but I have to hate him :dontknow:

There's also the rumor that when Kawhi demanded a trade, the Spurs (and by extension, Pop) were really high on Jaylen.

That, too. I remember hearing that
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#177 » by Parliament10 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 4:55 pm

USA Basketball exhibition game: How to watch, rosters
By Justin Leger | August 09, 2019

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/usa-basketball-exhibition-game-how-watch-rosters
USA Blue Team (National Team training camp members)

Bam Adebayo (Miami Heat)
Harrison Barnes (Sacramento Kings)
Jaylen Brown (Boston Celtics)
Kyle Kuzma (Los Angeles Lakers)
Brook Lopez (Milwaukee Bucks)
Khris Middleton (Milwaukee Bucks)
Donovan Mitchell (Utah Jazz)
Mason Plumlee (Denver Nuggets)
Jayson Tatum (Boston Celtics)
P.J. Tucker (Houston Rockets)
Myles Turner (Indiana Pacers)
Kemba Walker (Boston Celtics)
De'Aaron Fox (Sacramento Kings)
Joe Harris (Brooklyn Nets)
Kyle Lowry (Toronto Raptors, will not play)
Marcus Smart (Boston Celtics, will not play)

Head coach: Gregg Popovich (San Antonio Spurs)
Assistant coaches: Steve Kerr (Golden State Warriors), Lloyd Pierce (Atlanta Hawks), and Jay Wright (Villanova).

USA White Team (Select Team)

Jarrett Allen (Brooklyn Nets)
Marvin Bagley III (Sacramento Kings)
Mikal Bridges (Phoenix Suns)
Jalen Brunson (Dallas Mavericks)
John Collins (Atlanta Hawks)
Pat Connaughton (Milwaukee Bucks)
Torrey Craig (Denver Nuggets)
Jonathan Isaac (Orlando Magic)
Jaren Jackson Jr. (Memphis Grizzlies)
Mitchell Robinson (New York Knicks)
Derrick White (San Antonio Spurs).
Trae Young (Atlanta Hawks, will not play)

Head coach: Jeff Van Gundy (former NBA and Team USA head coach)
Assistant coach: Mark Few (Gonzaga)

Here's how to watch:

When: Tonight, 10:00 p.m., ET
TV Channel: NBA TV
Livestream: Twitch
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
3D Chess
Lead Assistant

Post#178 » by 3D Chess » Fri Aug 9, 2019 4:58 pm

Wait, Middleton is on the team? Hard to see JB and Tatum taking both forward spots ahead of him. Unless It's Kemba, JB, Middleton, Tatum, C (Turner?)
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#179 » by Parliament10 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 5:08 pm

3D Chess wrote:Wait, Middleton is on the team? Hard to see JB and Tatum taking both forward spots ahead of him. Unless It's Kemba, JB, Middleton, Tatum, C (Turner?)

Somebody's gotta be a Backup.
12 Players has always seemed kinda skimpy for me.

I'd like to see teams go up to 15. Protect against Injury, and travel Fatigue.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#180 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Aug 9, 2019 5:52 pm

3D Chess wrote:Wait, Middleton is on the team? Hard to see JB and Tatum taking both forward spots ahead of him. Unless It's Kemba, JB, Middleton, Tatum, C (Turner?)

Reports are that he’s looked really bad this week

Return to Boston Celtics