ImageImageImage

Darren Erman

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,690

Darren Erman 

Post#1 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:24 pm

Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,867

Re: Darren Erman 

Post#2 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:30 pm

Darren is coming home! After the fiasco below, Erman spent the last four years as associate head coach of the Pelicans. He was an assistant coach with the Cs before spending time with the Warriors.

Read on Twitter
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,322

Post#3 » by Froob » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:03 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:Darren is coming home! After the fiasco below, Erman spent the last four years as associate head coach of the Pelicans. He was an assistant coach with the Cs before spending time with the Warriors.

Read on Twitter

Mama there goes that man

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#4 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:32 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:Darren is coming home! After the fiasco below, Erman spent the last four years as associate head coach of the Pelicans. He was an assistant coach with the Cs before spending time with the Warriors.

Read on Twitter

Did Erman and Scalabrine coach together for the Warriors?
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#5 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:05 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:

Read on Twitter

Did Erman and Scalabrine coach together for the Warriors?

Correct.
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#6 » by Roddy » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:20 pm

Ex Warriors and Pelicans assistant coach ?

Spoiler:
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man
And1: 894

Post#7 » by ZeroTolerance » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:00 pm

Roddy wrote:Ex Warriors and Pelicans assistant coach ?

Spoiler:

We all can dream! :)
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,070

Post#8 » by Ed Pinkney » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:50 am

Interesting that someone would go from a lead assistant/associate head coach role to a G-League head coach role. I know running your own program is relevant, but this seems a little like a step backwards?
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#9 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:55 am

Ed Pinkney wrote:Interesting that someone would go from a lead assistant/associate head coach role to a G-League head coach role. I know running your own program is relevant, but this seems a little like a step backwards?

Running your own program and player development, perhaps. The latter might be relevant to an executive career.
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#10 » by Tiny ball » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:22 pm

Ed Pinkney wrote:Interesting that someone would go from a lead assistant/associate head coach role to a G-League head coach role. I know running your own program is relevant, but this seems a little like a step backwards?

Running your own program and player development, perhaps. The latter might be relevant to an executive career.

Or a head coaching job.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#11 » by cloverleaf » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:29 pm

Tiny ball wrote:

Or a head coaching job.

Agreed. Erman might also have looked at the Claws' projected lineup including Fall, Waters and Strus and seen that he could probably look pretty good as a head coach coaching them.
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#12 » by Tiny ball » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:33 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:

Or a head coaching job.

Agreed. Erman might also have looked at the Claws' projected lineup including Fall, Waters and Strus and seen that he could probably look pretty good as a head coach coaching them.

If you are going to be head coach do it when you are younger. Office later in life:-)
the sea duck
Pro Prospect
And1: 623

Post#13 » by the sea duck » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:05 pm

I believe the Pelicans intended to keep him, but changed their mind later when all the good assistant positions were taken. There was an opportunity and connection with Boston and I think he's still getting paid by the Pelicans so he can afford to coach G league for a year or two.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#14 » by cloverleaf » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:02 pm

the sea duck wrote:

I believe the Pelicans intended to keep him, but changed their mind later when all the good assistant positions were taken. There was an opportunity and connection with Boston and I think he's still getting paid by the Pelicans so he can afford to coach G league for a year or two.

Interesting.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,947

Post#15 » by Parliament10 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:24 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
the sea duck wrote:

Interesting.

https://maine.gleague.nba.com/news/premium-dates-201920/
The Red Claws will open the home portion of its 11th season on Friday, November 15 at the Portland Expo. Maine will also play its annual New Year’s Eve Game on Dec. 31.

The five home dates released today are below. Start times and opponents are yet to be determined:

Nov. 15, 2019
Dec. 31, 2019
Jan. 11, 2020
Feb. 1, 2020
March 15, 2020

A New Year's Eve game should be interesting.
Moving Up in the World.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,125

Post#16 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Thu Aug 1, 2019 12:53 am

Read on Twitter

He lived in my brother-in-law's building in New Orleans and I was in the elevator with him. (It was obvious he was a Pels coach and I figured out who he was.)

That's the whole story. Give me the Pulitzer.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#17 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Aug 1, 2019 12:57 am

hickfromfrenchlick wrote:

Read on Twitter

He lived in my brother-in-law's building in New Orleans and I was in the elevator with him. (It was obvious he was a Pels coach and I figured out who he was.)

Most riveting insider **** I've read in my time here. Shut it down, RealGM. Congrats, hick!
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager

Post#18 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Thu Aug 1, 2019 1:17 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:

Read on Twitter

Most riveting insider **** I've read in my time here. Shut it down, RealGM. Congrats, hick!

I'm considering putting it into a 36-Tweet saga.

1/ It's 2018, and I'm in New Orleans for my brother-in-law's doctoral graduation. It's humid.
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,256

Post#19 » by TheMartian » Thu Aug 1, 2019 1:35 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:

I'm considering putting it into a 36-Tweet saga.

1/ It's 2018, and I'm in New Orleans for my brother-in-law's doctoral graduation. It's humid.

Ff.
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager

Post#20 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Thu Aug 1, 2019 2:43 am

the sea duck wrote:

That's what's the Athletic article says.

There weren't any assistant positions open, this gives him HC experience, and the Pels are paying him.

Return to Boston Celtics