ImageImageImage

Celtics 2019-20 Schedule Thread--Schedule Out!

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,908

Re: Celtics 2019-20 Schedule Thread--Schedule Out! 

Post#81 » by Parliament10 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:21 pm

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,659

Post#82 » by NuckyPowell » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:25 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
NuckyPowell wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
That's not really how it went down. Both sides went crazy over the top with hyperbole after hyperbole. And it was insufferable, from both sides equally.

Plenty of posters regularly said how much the team was a disappointment and hard to like without getting called plastic.

I disagree. Plenty of game threads degenerated when the team got called out for how they were playing and then dummies called them plastic. For me, game threads are not about your grand overview take on how the team is and what its future prospects are. They are about watching and reacting to the games as they happen. Praise them when they play well, criticize them when the play poorly.

I, for one, am always positive about this team. As a fan, I'm with them for the long haul.
One game. One Season. Or even 22 years between Championships, is not going to get me down enough.

The Celtics are a Great Franchise. The Best, in the NBA (over the long haul).
Everybody knows -- Fans & Foes alike -- that the Celtics are the team to Become (again, over the long haul).

And, just as a side note.: The whole city of Boston is used to Winning.
In fact, we almost did a Tricfecta this year. As the Bruins went to a Game 7.

To each his own as to how they want to be a fan. I love the team and have for a very long time. I'm not always positive about them, though. There have been periods when they've been poorly managed, periods when there were players I didn't like or would never connect with, etc. Mainly, though, it's about the product on the court. We've seen a lot of excellence, and our fair share of mediocrity, too. We've been fortunate in the Ainge era, by and large. Ditto the Stevens era. Last year was an anomaly in my view. One of the few Celtic teams in my memory that was unlikable. So, yeah, I'm not going to always be positive about a team that is unlikable and has horrible chemistry and I don't enjoy the product on the floor. Still my team, but Lord, am I glad we've turned the page on last year. I'm ready to love the team again.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#83 » by MagicBagley18 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:31 pm

The Comedian wrote:
NuckyPowell wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
I fully believed I was going to get banned multiple times in GT's or post game threads this past season.

It was horrid.

The main dividing line seemed to be the wetahded take that if you rightly pointed out that the team was playing like garbage and was unlikable, you were somehow "plastic", and not a real fan. Just moronic.

That's not really how it went down. Both sides went crazy over the top with hyperbole after hyperbole. And it was insufferable, from both sides equally.

Plenty of posters regularly said how much the team was a disappointment and hard to like without getting called plastic.

The plastic thing to me is more in reference to the posters who would scream and moan and complain after a 12-2 run in the 1st 4 mins of a game by just looking at scores and not seeing game play- like if we were actually getting good looks and just missing open shots.

Then the wholesale changes like fire brad trade half the team etc etc.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,650

Post#84 » by Green89 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:36 am

Why would we be playing at 4pm on Friday, 12/27? Then we have very early games on Black Friday and New Year's Eve.

Return to Boston Celtics