ImageImageImage

Ray Allen's, Air Jordan 13 "Boston Celtics" PE, Released – (WTF!!!)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,802

Ray Allen's, Air Jordan 13 "Boston Celtics" PE, Released – (WTF!!!) 

Post#1 » by Parliament10 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:49 am

Read on Twitter

Is this a F'ing JOKE!!!

Ray Allen's Air Jordan 13 "Boston Celtics" PE Rumored To Release
By Kyle Rooney | August 19, 2019

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/ray-allens-air-jordan-13-boston-celtics-pe-rumored-to-release-news.88614.html
Jordan Brand has recently shown a willingness to release player exclusive colorways of select Air Jordans, such as the recently released "Ray Allen" Air Jordan 7, and the upcoming Air Jordan 9 that mimics Jason Kidd's PE.

Adding to the list is yet another Ray Allen inspired colorway, taking shape in the form of an Air Jordan 13. The kicks, decked out in a white leather with green overlays, mirror the pair that Allen wore during his time with the Boston Celtics, which released in limited quantities back in 2011.

It is believed that the white and green "Ray Allen" 13s will be available next Summer, right around the time that an Air Jordan 12 "Gary Payton" PE is slated to launch. With the rumored release almost a full year away we'll have to wait a bit for the official images to surfaces but you can get a good idea of what to expect from the image shown below.

https://www.goat.com/sneakers/air-jordan-13-retro-ray-allen-pe-414571-125?utm_source=google_int&utm_medium=google_shopping_int&utm_campaign=2070030421_75879154785&utm_content=1o3&utm_term=091206096393&gclid=CjwKCAjwkenqBRBgEiwA-bZVtsb1VGtw0TLh74W0KZmPui1h2qBfTKgEIHP-gKxvYdzoI9JDUP4CJBoCzEoQAvD_BwE

I'm gonna Puke . . .
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Re: Ray Allen's, Air Jordan 13 "Boston Celtics" PE, Rumored To Release – (WTF!!!) 

Post#2 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:45 am

I remember those lol
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Re: Ray Allen's, Air Jordan 13 "Boston Celtics" PE, Rumored To Release – (WTF!!!) 

Post#3 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:31 am

I will be copping those shoes, regardless of how I feel about Ray. I love Jordan 13s. Also, they don't release too many colorways of Jordans in Celtics colors, so I usually buy them when they drop in green.

Also - if you hate Ray that much, then don't worry. All those bad feelings about the shoe will go away the second you see Tatum or Walker wearing them in the playoffs.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#4 » by cloverleaf » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:16 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:I will be copping those shoes, regardless of how I feel about Ray. I love Jordan 13s. Also, they don't release too many colorways of Jordans in Celtics colors, so I usually buy them when they drop in green.

Also - if you hate Ray that much, then don't worry. All those bad feelings about the shoe will go away the second you see Tatum or Walker wearing them in the playoffs.

MJ's way of getting even for JT plucking KW from him on an MJ trip?
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,731

Post#5 » by OldCeltics » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:09 pm

They gonna put 30 pieces of silver on them?
Fidel Sarcasmo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#6 » by Fidel Sarcasmo » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:49 pm

No comment
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,135

Post#7 » by Froob » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:17 pm

Can’t wait for Ray to criticize the Celtics outta nowhere again when he releases them.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#8 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:30 pm

Ugh....I just saw a mock-up of them. The pods on the outsole are black, not white like the ones Ray wore when he broke the record. Oh well. Still buying them. Don't talk me out of it. Lol
La Flame
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,105

Post#9 » by La Flame » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:31 pm

Is it gonna have a pic of him kissing Jesus Christ?
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,443

Post#10 » by SichtingLives » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:05 pm

From here on out I'm fullscale climate change denying that Ray Allen was ever a Celtic and instead we signed Michael Redd to a one year deal in 08' and won a championship with him as third option. What a pick-up by Danny! Doubt we win it all without his contributions that year! Michael Redd, revered Celtic contributor!! Ray Allen? Yes, great player. Never did much as a 1st option those years he left Seattle for New York though. Would've been much better suited in a role as a sharpshooter coming off screens in the waning years of his career once he developed grandma ankles but it was so important for him to be recognized as the man. In an alternate universe he could've been used optimally, helped a few teams win chips and been univerally praised for his professional demeanor and shooting ability but I guess we'll never know, its a shame he let his ego get to him like that. But enough of that sad story. Viva Michael Redd!!
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#11 » by Bleeding Green » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:18 pm

lmao 2500 dollars for sneakers.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#12 » by Parliament10 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:53 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:lmao 2500 dollars for sneakers.

That almost pisses me off more.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#13 » by Taget » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:01 pm

Air Jordan needs to go back to it's roots and celebrate Michael Jordan instead. How about a line of business shoes that celebrates Jordan's acumen running the Charlotte Hornets? They could even have celebrity endorsers by other top NBA executives. I'd buy a pair of Billy Kings!
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#14 » by cloverleaf » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:23 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:lmao 2500 dollars for sneakers.

Really? At least at that price at least they will only be fleecing real chumps.

I guess anything for a few bucks from Ray's perspective at this point.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#15 » by Bleeding Green » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:03 pm

But honestly don't know why everyone hates Ray Allen so much.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
SLCceltic
Veteran
And1: 1,680

Post#16 » by SLCceltic » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:44 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:I will be copping those shoes, regardless of how I feel about Ray. I love Jordan 13s. Also, they don't release too many colorways of Jordans in Celtics colors, so I usually buy them when they drop in green.

True ...I want the black or all green ones.
Great design.
ROYALGREEN
SLCceltic
Veteran
And1: 1,680

Post#17 » by SLCceltic » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:49 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:But honestly don't know why everyone hates Ray Allen so much.

Bc he showed zero loyalty and belief in the organization ...
I gave my RA jersey away.

Would gladly accept a pair of those kicks tho ha
ROYALGREEN
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,059

Post#18 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:46 am

Why is this a 'WTF', 'joke' and 'puke' thread?
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#19 » by Parliament10 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:04 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:Why is this a 'WTF', 'joke' and 'puke' thread?

Cause, it's Ray Benedict Allen.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,656

Post#20 » by grindtime22 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:43 am

SLCceltic wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:But honestly don't know why everyone hates Ray Allen so much.

Bc he showed zero loyalty and belief in the organization ...
I gave my RA jersey away.

Would gladly accept a pair of those kicks tho ha

Ray has his faults, but I don't get this? You can fault him for his dealing with teammates, but loyalty to the organization? They were at the finish line to trading him to Memphis a few months prior. Then the organization tore everything down only a year after he left. If he no longer had belief in the organization............wasn't he kind of right?

They traded Perk, they traded Pierce, they traded KG, they traded Rondo. Where was the organizational loyalty at any of those points? It was over and the organization no longer had belief in that core. 37 year old bench player Ray Allen wasn't going to miraculously change any of that. He wasn't that kind of player at 37, as most stars aren't.

If its more about Miami, okay, I get it. If you want him to shut up, alright, I get it it. He's said some irritating stuff, but also said some good stuff and admitted some faults. Loyalty to the organization though? I don't get that one.

The shoes are nice

Return to Boston Celtics