ImageImageImage

Ray Allen's, Air Jordan 13 "Boston Celtics" PE, Released – (WTF!!!)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,840

Re: Ray Allen's, Air Jordan 13 "Boston Celtics" PE, Released – (WTF!!!) 

Post#41 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:20 pm

I won't lie. ........I went on a cruise last February. Pulling up in that ship on a Friday morning, 80 degrees, seeing South Beach....it made me understand Ray's decision a little bit more. Lol
Turgon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,607

Post#42 » by Turgon » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:50 pm

Smitty731 wrote:Sports man...

People here hate Ray Allen, but laugh at Jazz fans who hate Gordon Hayward and call them stupid babies. Never fails to make me laugh.

Not sure if that's directed at me but I'll say this: I fully understand Jazz fans and their hate for Hayward. I'd hate him too if I was one of them. Who would call them babies for that?

That said there is a big difference between the two athletes: one made a cold, professional decision. The other one accepted half pay just to stick it to the organization.

I also dislike the "see the other side" argument. Besides having to watch that little **** go to Miami to be LeBron's pet for half pay and win a championship doing it while bad mouthing OUR team that is the thing that really gets to me. I don't have to see the other side. I'm a fan. I stay up late until 5 a.m. on weekdays to see my team play. I don't feel for other teams the way I feel for the Celtics. This is not a rational thing. I follow the Celtics and to me this is quite simple: I love Celtics players (mostly) and I dislike those that run away. **** Kyrie. **** Ray Allen. And I won't be sorry for that.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,699

Post#43 » by Smitty731 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:13 pm

Turgon wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:Sports man...

People here hate Ray Allen, but laugh at Jazz fans who hate Gordon Hayward and call them stupid babies. Never fails to make me laugh.

Not sure if that's directed at me but I'll say this: I fully understand Jazz fans and their hate for Hayward. I'd hate him too if I was one of them. Who would call them babies for that?

That said there is a big difference between the two athletes: one made a cold, professional decision. The other one accepted half pay just to stick it to the organization.

I also dislike the "see the other side" argument. Besides having to watch that little **** go to Miami to be LeBron's pet for half pay and win a championship doing it while bad mouthing OUR team that is the thing that really gets to me. I don't have to see the other side. I'm a fan. I stay up late until 5 a.m. on weekdays to see my team play. I don't feel for other teams the way I feel for the Celtics. This is not a rational thing. I follow the Celtics and to me this is quite simple: I love Celtics players (mostly) and I dislike those that run away. **** Kyrie. **** Ray Allen. And I won't be sorry for that.

It wasn't directed at you at all. Not sure why you even thought that.

It all comes back to this: as fans, we root for laundry. I have the same irrational reactions with the Pats sometimes.

But the more rational, detached from fandom that I become with basketball, the more I realize that neither players nor teams are loyal. Both do what is best for them and whatever their end goal is at that given time. I don't fault for players for leaving a team any more than I fault a team for trading a player. It's a business and both parties are entitled to do as they see fit.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,699

Post#44 » by Smitty731 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:16 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:I won't lie. ........I went on a cruise last February. Pulling up in that ship on a Friday morning, 80 degrees, seeing South Beach....it made me understand Ray's decision a little bit more. Lol

One winter here in FL was all it took to keep me here for what will probably be forever. People who don't live here love to talk about how hot it is in the summer. That's true, but you just stay inside in the AC. I'll take that and having 7-8 months of mostly beautiful weather.

That said, I'm a wimp now when it comes to the cold. Mid-50s and I'm bundled up like it is nuclear winter!
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,840

Post#45 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:46 pm

Smitty731 wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:I won't lie. ........I went on a cruise last February. Pulling up in that ship on a Friday morning, 80 degrees, seeing South Beach....it made me understand Ray's decision a little bit more. Lol

One winter here in FL was all it took to keep me here for what will probably be forever. People who don't live here love to talk about how hot it is in the summer. That's true, but you just stay inside in the AC. I'll take that and having 7-8 months of mostly beautiful weather.

That said, I'm a wimp now when it comes to the cold. Mid-50s and I'm bundled up like it is nuclear winter!

Yeah, no doubt. I'm already choosing my house down at Golden Oak. All I have to do now is win the lottery, and I'll be all set. Catch me at Disneyworld, at Galaxy's Edge, building lightsabers all day. :lol:
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Re: Ray Allen's, Air Jordan 13 "Boston Celtics" PE, Rumored To Release – (WTF!!!) 

Post#46 » by Bleeding Green » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:03 am

SLCceltic wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:But honestly don't know why everyone hates Ray Allen so much.

Bc he showed zero loyalty and belief in the organization ...
I gave my RA jersey away.

Would gladly accept a pair of those kicks tho ha

If only he were loyal like Isaiah Thomas, would have worked out really well for him. Instead he won a championship in Miami while the team he left won 41 games and then shipped off the other two of the Big 3.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Turgon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,607

Re: Ray Allen's, Air Jordan 13 "Boston Celtics" PE, Rumored To Release – (WTF!!!) 

Post#47 » by Turgon » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:26 am

Bleeding Green wrote:
SLCceltic wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:But honestly don't know why everyone hates Ray Allen so much.

Bc he showed zero loyalty and belief in the organization ...
I gave my RA jersey away.

Would gladly accept a pair of those kicks tho ha

If only he were loyal like Isaiah Thomas, would have worked out really well for him. Instead he won a championship in Miami while the team he left won 41 games and then shipped off the other two of the Big 3.

The part about working well for him is irrelevant. Allen chose to go ring chasing at a discount. He got it. Good for him. Hope it was worth it. It cost him the love of (most) Celtics fans. And he doubled down by bad mouthing everyone.

IT wanted a big contract. He did all he could to get one, but it didn't work well for him. But he limited his anger to Ainge and only had love for the team. He will always be remembered in Boston by (most) Celtics fans.

You might say Allen got the better deal. Yeah, so did Judas. And we all know how that one ended.

Return to Boston Celtics