ImageImageImage

Injuries: Expired Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Re: Injuries, 2020-21: Kemba (L.Knee); Langford (R.Wrist): Thompson (Hamstring) 

Post#1401 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Dec 1, 2020 9:57 pm

LewisnotMiller wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:Best players (from what I can tell), that had stem cell treatment:

Kobe in 2011? I think it was 2011
D-Wade in 2013
Steph Curry, not sure the year

You're saying there's a 2/3 chance he comes back a douchebag?

Post of the year candidate, IMO.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,190

Post#1402 » by ConstableGeneva » Tue Dec 1, 2020 10:17 pm

3D Chess wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:I am not buying any timeline that CBS or Ainge say if I am being honest.

I know for a fact that they're more concerned than they're letting on, and looked into (maybe still looking into) acquiring Patty Mills.

... and Rudy Gay, right?
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#1403 » by 3D Chess » Tue Dec 1, 2020 10:30 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
3D Chess wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:I am not buying any timeline that CBS or Ainge say if I am being honest.

I know for a fact that they're more concerned than they're letting on, and looked into (maybe still looking into) acquiring Patty Mills.

... and Rudy Gay, right?

Correct. JT needs to see a living example of his ceiling.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#1404 » by Bleeding Green » Tue Dec 1, 2020 10:49 pm

If they use the TPE on Patty Mills I will riot.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#1405 » by 3D Chess » Tue Dec 1, 2020 10:52 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:If they use the TPE on Patty Mills I will riot.

That info was pre-draft and pre-FA. Danny made it pretty clear today that they've put the TPE on the shelf for now.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#1406 » by Bleeding Green » Tue Dec 1, 2020 10:54 pm

So how are they going to pursue Patty Mills without using part of the TPE? And what is his role on the Celtics? Brad Wanamaker's minutes maybe? I find it hard to believe they'd want anything to do with Patty mills at 13 million when they could have just retained Wanamaker at one-sixth that price.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,676

Post#1407 » by GoCeltics123 » Tue Dec 1, 2020 10:57 pm

Well, looks like we've hit the "we're ****" part of the offseason.

Last year it was this board's reaction to our front court.

This year it's Kemba and Romeo.

16-17 it was GOAT Zeller being signed again :lol:
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#1408 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Dec 1, 2020 11:06 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:Well, looks like we've hit the "we're ****" part of the offseason.

I actually feel better about Kemba now that I know he got the stem cell treatment.
GoCeltics123
RealGM

Post#1409 » by GoCeltics123 » Tue Dec 1, 2020 11:23 pm

The Comedian wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:Well, looks like we've hit the "we're ****" part of the offseason.

I actually feel better about Kemba now that I know he got the stem cell treatment.

Are you sure? I was watching CLNS and the way they were describing it, it didn't lessen any of their concerns.
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#1410 » by captain green » Tue Dec 1, 2020 11:26 pm

We got our center so to me kemba could be out all season and it wouldn't bother me can't hide him at his best in playoffs. So in my mind he's already gone from this team and then of course I want him healthy and playing well for the most part it's beneficial to every outcome for trade to playing.
But I also would expect for us to not get nothing like horford and Irving or minor gets for Hayward.
Either way I'm already gone from whatever happens with kemba. We have 4 years to try and keep tatum. Absolutely crucial to get a team that's worth it soon but not this year.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
GoCeltics123
RealGM

Post#1411 » by GoCeltics123 » Tue Dec 1, 2020 11:53 pm

https://lakersnation.com/kobe-bryants-arthritic-knee-seriously-threatened-nba-career/2012/05/02/

For more context on Kobe's knee, I found this. Seemed like stem cells seriously seriously helped him, and as bad as Kemba's knee is, his sounded even worse at the time. He couldn't even practice
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#1412 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Dec 2, 2020 12:35 pm

VeryMuchWoke
Head Coach
And1: 7,495

Post#1413 » by VeryMuchWoke » Wed Dec 2, 2020 1:41 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:https://lakersnation.com/kobe-bryants-arthritic-knee-seriously-threatened-nba-career/2012/05/02/

For more context on Kobe's knee, I found this. Seemed like stem cells seriously seriously helped him, and as bad as Kemba's knee is, his sounded even worse at the time. He couldn't even practice

Kobe didn't get stem cells he got regenokine. The two procedures are very different. There are no stem cells involved in regenokine. I'm a bit m
"Danny Ainge needs to shut the **** up and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner when he was playing, and I know that because I coached against him."
Pat Riley
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,344

Post#1414 » by Red2 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 2:54 pm

I said it last year and I’ll say it again. The Kamba signing was a mistake. It was knee jerk reaction to losing Horford and all that it has done has further ham strung us salary wise. Now we’re stuck with an aging PG who can’t play and we owe him big money for the next 3 years. We would have been better off either keeping rosier or taking our lumps and getting a height draft pick. This year looks like a train wreck but I’m ok with the idea of playing the youngsters and seeing what we have. Brad does well when there;’s no pressure on him . Maybe Edward’s or waters turn into something and we can move them later in the year. I’m not willing to give Danny a pass just because he got the TPE. he salivated something but he still has lost key free agents the last two years and his drafting is still suspect.
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
GoCeltics123
RealGM

Post#1415 » by GoCeltics123 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 3:18 pm

AussieCeltic wrote:Kobe/Westbrook get this procedure, RealGM like “wow, great news this will help their careers”.

Kemba gets it done. “Lol sucked in Celtics, paying $35m for this guy. DaNnY aInGe SuCkS”

My wife is a physiotherapist and specializes in knee arthritis. The best results we see in Australia is from not having surgery although for a NBA player, it’s quicker to have surgery on the knee but you’ll probably get more inflammation like what Walker is experiencing. It’s not too serious and can be managed quite easily but this is the general board so keep on hating guys!

FWIW from the general board.
VeryMuchWoke
Head Coach

Post#1416 » by VeryMuchWoke » Wed Dec 2, 2020 3:24 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:Kobe/Westbrook get this procedure, RealGM like “wow, great news this will help their careers”.

Kemba gets it done. “Lol sucked in Celtics, paying $35m for this guy. DaNnY aInGe SuCkS”

My wife is a physiotherapist and specializes in knee arthritis. The best results we see in Australia is from not having surgery although for a NBA player, it’s quicker to have surgery on the knee but you’ll probably get more inflammation like what Walker is experiencing. It’s not too serious and can be managed quite easily but this is the general board so keep on hating guys!

Considering the fact that he doesn't know that Kobe and Kemba had two completely different procedures I'm going to venture the guess that this guy has no idea what he's talking about.
"Danny Ainge needs to shut the **** up and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner when he was playing, and I know that because I coached against him."
Pat Riley
GoCeltics123
RealGM

Post#1417 » by GoCeltics123 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 3:28 pm

VeryMuchWoke wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:

Considering the fact that he doesn't know that Kobe and Kemba had two completely different procedures I'm going to venture the guess that this guy has no idea what he's talking about.

Guess we'll see. I'm like 99% sure D-Wade got the exact same injection in 2013.

I asked my friend in Med School about this, he kinda just repeated what most have said, it's not a widely accepted treatment but can definitely help with pain management
VeryMuchWoke
Head Coach

Post#1418 » by VeryMuchWoke » Wed Dec 2, 2020 3:32 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
VeryMuchWoke wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:FWIW from the general board.

I asked my friend in Med School about this, he kinda just repeated what most have said, it's not a widely accepted treatment but can definitely help with pain management

Which procedure are you talking about though? Stem cell injections or regenokine? The purpose is roughly the same for both but it's two entirely different mechanisms. Regenokine has been around for years and is more proven for most indications.
Pat Riley
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#1419 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Dec 2, 2020 3:34 pm

Google came up with this: https://www.bioxcellerator.com/blog/list-of-50-athletes-that-have-received-stem-cell-therapy-to-recover

Kobe, Curry, and Pau Gasol are all listed there. Is PRP a subcategory of stem cell therapy?
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#1420 » by ParticleMan » Wed Dec 2, 2020 4:25 pm

VeryMuchWoke wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
VeryMuchWoke wrote:

Which procedure are you talking about though? Stem cell injections or regenokine? The purpose is roughly the same for both but it's two entirely different mechanisms. Regenokine has been around for years and is more proven for most indications.

could he have gotten both? or is that not possible?

(i'm not a doctor and i didn't even stay at a holiday inn last night.)

Return to Boston Celtics