ImageImageImage

Injuries: Tatum (practicing); Pritchard (Knee); Langford

Moderators: sully00, djFan71, ParticleMan, Froob, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10

User avatar
VeryMuchWoke
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,259
And1: 4,968
Joined: Dec 18, 2011
Location: Brooklyn
 

Re: Injuries, 2020-21: Kemba (L.Knee); Langford (R.Wrist): Thompson (Hamstring) 

Post#1421 » by VeryMuchWoke » Wed Dec 2, 2020 4:31 pm

ParticleMan wrote:
VeryMuchWoke wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:Guess we'll see. I'm like 99% sure D-Wade got the exact same injection in 2013.

I asked my friend in Med School about this, he kinda just repeated what most have said, it's not a widely accepted treatment but can definitely help with pain management


Which procedure are you talking about though? Stem cell injections or regenokine? The purpose is roughly the same for both but it's two entirely different mechanisms. Regenokine has been around for years and is more proven for most indications.


could he have gotten both? or is that not possible?

(i'm not a doctor and i didn't even stay at a holiday inn last night.)


I tend to doubt that, but it's possible. Other than potential interactions between the two treatments, I don't think there's a reason it couldn't be done, but I'd imagine if a doctor was a proponent of 1 they'd probably say the other is unnecessary, or at least advise to wait and see how one does before trying the other.

From Ainge's quote it's pretty clear the "stem cells" he received are stem cells harvested from his own body and not regenokine (which aren't even stem cells, but for some reason people conflate the two treatments).
"Danny Ainge needs to shut the **** up and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner when he was playing, and I know that because I coached against him."
Pat Riley
User avatar
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
Posts: 33,635
And1: 67,156
Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Location: Parody Account
 

Re: Injuries, 2020-21: Kemba (L.Knee); Langford (R.Wrist): Thompson (Hamstring) 

Post#1422 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Dec 2, 2020 6:59 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 30,294
And1: 31,544
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Injuries, 2020-21: Kemba (L.Knee); Langford (R.Wrist): Thompson (Hamstring) 

Post#1423 » by Parliament10 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:05 pm

Kemba Walker Thread -- (Press Conf. on Knee, 12-02-20)
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1862178&p=86824443#p86824443
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
User avatar
GoCeltics123
RealGM
Posts: 12,237
And1: 20,923
Joined: May 05, 2015
         

Re: Injuries, 2020-21: Kemba (L.Knee); Langford (R.Wrist): Thompson (Hamstring) 

Post#1424 » by GoCeltics123 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:08 pm

Read on Twitter
The greatest movie bet of all time:

"I want the Celtics to cover, I want Celtics halftime, I want Garnett points and rebounds."

I lost the bet so I Hate Truth18
User avatar
Higgs Boston
Analyst
Posts: 3,448
And1: 2,238
Joined: Feb 25, 2014

Re: Injuries, 2020-21: Kemba (L.Knee); Langford (R.Wrist): Thompson (Hamstring) 

Post#1425 » by Higgs Boston » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:25 pm

That injection likely will not fix it, just reduce the pain in the next 1-3 months.
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 30,294
And1: 31,544
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Injuries, 2020-21: Kemba (L.Knee); Langford (R.Wrist): Thompson (Hamstring) 

Post#1426 » by Parliament10 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:29 pm

Higgs Boston wrote:That injection likely will not fix it, just reduce the pain in the next 1-3 months.

What makes you think it wont fix it?
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 30,294
And1: 31,544
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Injuries, 2020-21: Kemba (L.Knee); Langford (R.Wrist): Thompson (Hamstring) 

Post#1427 » by Parliament10 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:30 pm

VeryMuchWoke wrote:
ParticleMan wrote:
VeryMuchWoke wrote:
Which procedure are you talking about though? Stem cell injections or regenokine? The purpose is roughly the same for both but it's two entirely different mechanisms. Regenokine has been around for years and is more proven for most indications.


could he have gotten both? or is that not possible?

(i'm not a doctor and i didn't even stay at a holiday inn last night.)


I tend to doubt that, but it's possible. Other than potential interactions between the two treatments, I don't think there's a reason it couldn't be done, but I'd imagine if a doctor was a proponent of 1 they'd probably say the other is unnecessary, or at least advise to wait and see how one does before trying the other.

From Ainge's quote it's pretty clear the "stem cells" he received are stem cells harvested from his own body and not regenokine (which aren't even stem cells, but for some reason people conflate the two treatments).

You think that this Stem Cell treatment will fix his knee?
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
User avatar
Higgs Boston
Analyst
Posts: 3,448
And1: 2,238
Joined: Feb 25, 2014

Re: Injuries, 2020-21: Kemba (L.Knee); Langford (R.Wrist): Thompson (Hamstring) 

Post#1428 » by Higgs Boston » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:47 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Higgs Boston wrote:That injection likely will not fix it, just reduce the pain in the next 1-3 months.

What makes you think it wont fix it?


I know some people that had experience with stem cells (knee with cartilage issues, knee with meniscus issues, back issues, cornea partial transplant), all doctors said to them it was temporal and that it loses effectivity and that happens with any part of the body.
User avatar
VeryMuchWoke
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,259
And1: 4,968
Joined: Dec 18, 2011
Location: Brooklyn
 

Re: Injuries, 2020-21: Kemba (L.Knee); Langford (R.Wrist): Thompson (Hamstring) 

Post#1429 » by VeryMuchWoke » Thu Dec 3, 2020 12:19 am

Parliament10 wrote:
VeryMuchWoke wrote:
ParticleMan wrote:
could he have gotten both? or is that not possible?

(i'm not a doctor and i didn't even stay at a holiday inn last night.)


I tend to doubt that, but it's possible. Other than potential interactions between the two treatments, I don't think there's a reason it couldn't be done, but I'd imagine if a doctor was a proponent of 1 they'd probably say the other is unnecessary, or at least advise to wait and see how one does before trying the other.

From Ainge's quote it's pretty clear the "stem cells" he received are stem cells harvested from his own body and not regenokine (which aren't even stem cells, but for some reason people conflate the two treatments).

You think that this Stem Cell treatment will fix his knee?


I don't know. I'm not anything close to a doctor, and I'm not familiar with his medicals. I'm just someone that's had stem cells and Regenokine. In my experience both are strongly anti-inflammatory, but the Regenokine was more powerful for me. I'd be optimistic if the reason the specialists declined surgery if the reason was that there was no significant structural damage, and the problem is simply inflammation, but in that case I'd favor regenokine over stem cells. In the case that there is structural damage, but it can't be repaired, then stem cells are probably the better option, and I'd be less optimistic there. I doubt the hope is that this "fixes" his knee, but rather that it tamps down the inflammation reverses a bit of the damage.

Given how good he was for most of the playoffs, I think with the stem cells, rest, and some load management, we can keep him healthy through the year, but I'm not so optimistic that I wouldn't trade him for some decent draft assets after this season, assuming it does go well.
"Danny Ainge needs to shut the **** up and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner when he was playing, and I know that because I coached against him."
Pat Riley
User avatar
GoCeltics123
RealGM
Posts: 12,237
And1: 20,923
Joined: May 05, 2015
         

Re: Injuries, 2020-21: Kemba (L.Knee); Langford (R.Wrist): Thompson (Hamstring) 

Post#1430 » by GoCeltics123 » Sat Dec 5, 2020 11:09 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
The greatest movie bet of all time:

"I want the Celtics to cover, I want Celtics halftime, I want Garnett points and rebounds."

I lost the bet so I Hate Truth18
User avatar
BigTrade92
General Manager
Posts: 8,371
And1: 9,300
Joined: Mar 24, 2011
       

Re: Injuries, 2020-21: Kemba (L.Knee); Langford (R.Wrist): Thompson (Hamstring) 

Post#1431 » by BigTrade92 » Sat Dec 5, 2020 11:27 pm

Image
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 30,294
And1: 31,544
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Injuries, 2020-21: Kemba (L.Knee); Langford (R.Wrist): Thompson (Hamstring) 

Post#1432 » by Parliament10 » Sat Dec 5, 2020 11:27 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Great. So, he's out of Training Camp.
No chance he Starts, Opening Night?
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
User avatar
BigTrade92
General Manager
Posts: 8,371
And1: 9,300
Joined: Mar 24, 2011
       

Re: Injuries, 2020-21: Kemba (L.Knee); Langford (R.Wrist): Thompson (Hamstring) 

Post#1433 » by BigTrade92 » Sat Dec 5, 2020 11:30 pm

I don’t understand how a guy who was out doing nothing but training for 8 months is already sporting an injured hamstring. :banghead:

Were the steps getting off the jet plane slippery?
User avatar
GoCeltics123
RealGM
Posts: 12,237
And1: 20,923
Joined: May 05, 2015
         

Re: Injuries, 2020-21: Kemba (L.Knee); Langford (R.Wrist): Thompson (Hamstring) 

Post#1434 » by GoCeltics123 » Sat Dec 5, 2020 11:46 pm

BigTrade92 wrote:I don’t understand how a guy who was out doing nothing but training for 8 months is already sporting an injured hamstring. :banghead:

Were the steps getting off the jet plane slippery?

He got it in a work out before he signed here
The greatest movie bet of all time:

"I want the Celtics to cover, I want Celtics halftime, I want Garnett points and rebounds."

I lost the bet so I Hate Truth18
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 37,916
And1: 16,117
Joined: Jun 26, 2003
Location: Big 3 will crush the east!
     

Re: Injuries, 2020-21: Kemba (L.Knee); Langford (R.Wrist): Thompson (Hamstring) 

Post#1435 » by Darth Celtic » Sat Dec 5, 2020 11:58 pm

Higgs Boston wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
Higgs Boston wrote:That injection likely will not fix it, just reduce the pain in the next 1-3 months.

What makes you think it wont fix it?


I know some people that had experience with stem cells (knee with cartilage issues, knee with meniscus issues, back issues, cornea partial transplant), all doctors said to them it was temporal and that it loses effectivity and that happens with any part of the body.
Hence he is doing a strengthen program. Which will

Sent from my moto g(7) using RealGM mobile app
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Homerclease
RealGM
Posts: 27,483
And1: 27,030
Joined: Dec 09, 2015

Re: Injuries, 2020-21: Kemba (L.Knee); Langford (R.Wrist): Thompson (Hamstring) 

Post#1436 » by Homerclease » Sun Dec 6, 2020 12:09 am

No way TT starts over Theis when he doesn’t even get in a training camp
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 30,294
And1: 31,544
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Injuries, 2020-21: Kemba (L.Knee); Langford (R.Wrist): Thompson (Hamstring) 

Post#1437 » by Parliament10 » Sun Dec 6, 2020 12:25 am

Homerclease wrote:No way TT starts over Theis when he doesn’t even get in a training camp

Oh heck no. Theis is going to Start; since he'll be in Camp.
Plus Theis has the role, from last year.
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
CSL_1904
Veteran
Posts: 2,823
And1: 3,286
Joined: Feb 22, 2017
       

Re: Injuries, 2020-21: Kemba (L.Knee); Langford (R.Wrist): Thompson (Hamstring) 

Post#1438 » by CSL_1904 » Sun Dec 6, 2020 12:54 am

Hospital Celtics off to a flying start!
User avatar
GoCeltics123
RealGM
Posts: 12,237
And1: 20,923
Joined: May 05, 2015
         

Re: Injuries, 2020-21: Kemba (L.Knee); Langford (R.Wrist): Thompson (Hamstring) 

Post#1439 » by GoCeltics123 » Sun Dec 6, 2020 1:16 am

While Kemba Walker and Romeo Langford were expected to miss most of training camp, Celtics coach Brad Stevens said newly signed center Tristan Thompson will miss most of training camp recovering from a strained hamstring sustained during a workout prior to signing with the Celtics.

Stevens also revealed that some members of the organization are in the league’s COVID-19 protocol.

Walker is expected to return in late January after having a eft knee procedure. Thompson, who played the last nine years with the Cavaliers, is expected to start in the frontcourt.


The Kemba part is interesting, if true. This is from Gary Washburn btw
The greatest movie bet of all time:

"I want the Celtics to cover, I want Celtics halftime, I want Garnett points and rebounds."

I lost the bet so I Hate Truth18
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
Posts: 11,179
And1: 15,545
Joined: Jan 27, 2012
     

Re: Injuries, 2020-21: Kemba (L.Knee); Langford (R.Wrist): Thompson (Hamstring) 

Post#1440 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Sun Dec 6, 2020 6:29 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
While Kemba Walker and Romeo Langford were expected to miss most of training camp, Celtics coach Brad Stevens said newly signed center Tristan Thompson will miss most of training camp recovering from a strained hamstring sustained during a workout prior to signing with the Celtics.

Stevens also revealed that some members of the organization are in the league’s COVID-19 protocol.

Walker is expected to return in late January after having a eft knee procedure. Thompson, who played the last nine years with the Cavaliers, is expected to start in the frontcourt.


The Kemba part is interesting, if true. This is from Gary Washburn btw


Well no TT, that blows
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Return to Boston Celtics