ImageImageImage

Injuries: Brown (illness); R. Williams (L.Knee); Fournier (Safety Protocol)

Moderators: ParticleMan, Froob, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10, sully00, djFan71

jfs1000d
RealGM
Posts: 23,220
And1: 10,299
Joined: Jun 25, 2004

Re: Injuries: Fournier & Thompson (Safety Protocol) 

Post#1801 » by jfs1000d » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:03 pm

This is getting to be stupid.

We never have our entire roster. Ever.

Someone is always freakin out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
jmr07019
Head Coach
Posts: 6,690
And1: 5,379
Joined: Oct 29, 2009
       

Re: Injuries: Fournier & Thompson (Safety Protocol) 

Post#1802 » by jmr07019 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:23 pm

I find it kind of ridiculous that our players haven't been vaccinated yet. Most essential workers have. I got my first shot a few weeks ago. I hope at the very least the older coaches and training staff got their shots.
Show Love Spread Love
bucknersrevenge
Head Coach
Posts: 6,971
And1: 7,629
Joined: Jul 05, 2012
Location: Southern Maryland
Contact:
         

Re: Injuries: Thompson (Safety Protocol) 

Post#1803 » by bucknersrevenge » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:26 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
greenroom31 wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter


This is the worst season ever


Didn't he just come OFF this list? What the effffffffff

This is Wacky.


And this is why we can't have nice things.
I am the RealGM President of the Tacko Fall fan club. Playa-hater, 31to6, thank you for having my back fam. I still say we haven't seen the last of Tacko.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
Posts: 28,415
And1: 15,276
Joined: Oct 25, 2006

Re: Injuries: Fournier & Thompson (Safety Protocol) 

Post#1804 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:27 pm

Conjecture: The chaos around moving cities led Fournier to interact with all sorts of people, and this is a contract-tracing issue.

Either that, or he just has a knack for false positives.
User avatar
GoCeltics123
RealGM
Posts: 13,296
And1: 23,828
Joined: May 05, 2015
         

Re: Injuries: Fournier & Thompson (Safety Protocol) 

Post#1805 » by GoCeltics123 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:47 pm

Read on Twitter
We can be a really good team for 12-18 minutes per game.
Hal14
Rookie
Posts: 1,238
And1: 555
Joined: Apr 05, 2019

Re: Injuries: Fournier & Thompson (Safety Protocol) 

Post#1806 » by Hal14 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:49 pm

jmr07019 wrote:I find it kind of ridiculous that our players haven't been vaccinated yet. Most essential workers have. I got my first shot a few weeks ago. I hope at the very least the older coaches and training staff got their shots.

Someone at my fiancee's work just tested positive, even after getting both vaccination shots. This disease insane.
User avatar
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
Posts: 13,320
And1: 32,387
Joined: Nov 05, 2017

Re: Injuries: Fournier & Thompson (Safety Protocol) 

Post#1807 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:53 pm

Hal14 wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:I find it kind of ridiculous that our players haven't been vaccinated yet. Most essential workers have. I got my first shot a few weeks ago. I hope at the very least the older coaches and training staff got their shots.

Someone at my fiancee's work just tested positive, even after getting both vaccination shots. This disease insane.

You can still test positive. You can still catch the virus but the chances of getting severe (or even moderate) symptoms are reduced drastically.
User avatar
ballup
Analyst
Posts: 3,188
And1: 2,705
Joined: Dec 08, 2013
 

Re: Injuries: Thompson (Safety Protocol) 

Post#1808 » by ballup » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:06 pm

greenroom31 wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter


This is the worst season ever


Didn't he just come OFF this list? What the effffffffff
He did, but that's because every traded player going on plane did too.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Hal14
Rookie
Posts: 1,238
And1: 555
Joined: Apr 05, 2019

Re: Injuries: Fournier & Thompson (Safety Protocol) 

Post#1809 » by Hal14 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:08 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Hal14 wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:I find it kind of ridiculous that our players haven't been vaccinated yet. Most essential workers have. I got my first shot a few weeks ago. I hope at the very least the older coaches and training staff got their shots.

Someone at my fiancee's work just tested positive, even after getting both vaccination shots. This disease insane.

You can still test positive. You can still catch the virus but the chances of getting severe (or even moderate) symptoms are reduced drastically.

Yeah, and so obviously it makes sense to get the vaccine. But where there's still a 5% chance of getting COVID even after getting vaccinated, should vaccinated people still be wearing masks, social distancing, avoiding physical contact and avoiding public places when possible? Is it really worth the risk, even for vaccinated people? I'm not so sure..
User avatar
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
Posts: 13,320
And1: 32,387
Joined: Nov 05, 2017

Re: Injuries: Fournier & Thompson (Safety Protocol) 

Post#1810 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:12 pm

Hal14 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Hal14 wrote:Someone at my fiancee's work just tested positive, even after getting both vaccination shots. This disease insane.

You can still test positive. You can still catch the virus but the chances of getting severe (or even moderate) symptoms are reduced drastically.

Yeah, and so obviously it makes sense to get the vaccine. But where there's still a 5% chance of getting COVID even after getting vaccinated, should vaccinated people still be wearing masks, social distancing and avoiding public places when possible?

The more knowledgeable and informed people can correct me... Since you can still catch the virus, you can still transmit it. So the socially responsible thing to do is still practice minimum health and safety standards. Until the country achieves herd immunity.
thebirdman
General Manager
Posts: 8,144
And1: 1,602
Joined: Aug 15, 2004
Location: Slovenia
 

Re: Injuries: Fournier & Thompson (Safety Protocol) 

Post#1811 » by thebirdman » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:24 pm

This is ridiculous!
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
Posts: 18,431
And1: 10,189
Joined: Feb 12, 2010
Location: Somewhere in Boston
     

Re: Injuries: Fournier & Thompson (Safety Protocol) 

Post#1812 » by FlatearthZorro » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:41 pm

This is bizarre. How many teams have had as many players missing games as we have...
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
User avatar
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 23,239
And1: 12,495
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Location: Atlantic Champs OMG OMG OMG!

Re: Injuries: Fournier & Thompson (Safety Protocol) 

Post#1813 » by Bleeding Green » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:55 pm

Just one.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
User avatar
SLCceltic
Starter
Posts: 2,372
And1: 1,019
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
Location: Bucerias Nayarit, México
 

Re: Injuries: Fournier & Thompson (Safety Protocol) 

Post#1814 » by SLCceltic » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:11 pm

At least we will get to see starter-like mins for Romeo for a few games ....he needs all the time and experience he can get these last 20+ games
AND he is positioned nicely currently to have success right now
ROYALGREEN
CelticsPride18
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,670
And1: 6,749
Joined: Oct 31, 2013
       

Re: Injuries: Fournier & Thompson (Safety Protocol) 

Post#1815 » by CelticsPride18 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:16 pm

SLCceltic wrote:At least we will get to see starter-like mins for Romeo for a few games ....he needs all the time and experience he can get these last 20+ games
AND he is positioned nicely currently to have success right now


The issue is that he’s on a minutes limit.
User avatar
SLCceltic
Starter
Posts: 2,372
And1: 1,019
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
Location: Bucerias Nayarit, México
 

Re: Injuries: Fournier & Thompson (Safety Protocol) 

Post#1816 » by SLCceltic » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:25 pm

CelticsPride18 wrote:
SLCceltic wrote:At least we will get to see starter-like mins for Romeo for a few games ....he needs all the time and experience he can get these last 20+ games
AND he is positioned nicely currently to have success right now


The issue is that he’s on a minutes limit.

I must have missed this ....I said the same thing in the game thread
I have only seen that he needs to get ALL way back to game shape...
ROYALGREEN
User avatar
SLCceltic
Starter
Posts: 2,372
And1: 1,019
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
Location: Bucerias Nayarit, México
 

Re: Injuries: Fournier & Thompson (Safety Protocol) 

Post#1817 » by SLCceltic » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:26 pm

what are Romeo's mins restrictions ??
ROYALGREEN
User avatar
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 23,239
And1: 12,495
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Location: Atlantic Champs OMG OMG OMG!

Re: Injuries: Fournier & Thompson (Safety Protocol) 

Post#1818 » by Bleeding Green » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:31 pm

I'm sure he's on some restriction, but they haven't publicly disclosed it because why would they. He just missed 7 months, coming off COVID and yesterday was the 15th most minutes he's ever played in an NBA game.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
User avatar
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 20,445
And1: 14,013
Joined: Feb 23, 2003
Location: Celtic Nation
   

Re: Injuries: Fournier & Thompson (Safety Protocol) 

Post#1819 » by SuperDeluxe » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:34 pm

Is there still enuogh time for Romeo to go back on the injured list? The silence is deafening. What time is the game?
BFitzMoney
Sophomore
Posts: 110
And1: 89
Joined: Dec 26, 2020
   

Re: Injuries: Thompson (Safety Protocol) 

Post#1820 » by BFitzMoney » Tue Apr 6, 2021 9:18 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter


This is the worst season ever


Welp , so much for taking a run at Philly tonight.

Return to Boston Celtics