ImageImageImage

Injuries: Expired Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,402

Re: Injuries: Kemba (L.Knee); R.W. (L.Hip-Practicing) 

Post#921 » by K For Three » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:40 pm

https://nesn.com/2020/02/kemba-walker-injury-danny-ainge-gives-update-on-lingering-knee-issue/

“We’re just taking it day by day, and we’re being very cautious with Kemba,” Ainge said. “We feel like we need Kemba to be his best self, and right now, we don’t think that he can sustain what he wants to do. But we are confident that his knee is going to be fine and that he’ll be ready to go at some point in the near future.”

“I think the All-Star Game is a little bit of an overblown situation,” Ainge said. “I mean, if he plays 20 minutes or he plays 29, I’m not sure it really makes that much of a difference, especially since it’s one game over a six- or seven-day period. So I don’t really have any regrets about that. I think that this has been an issue that has been lingering a little bit from before the All-Star Game and I think that nobody really knew to what extent, and we’re just being really cautious with him right now.”
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,890

Post#922 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:06 pm

Read on Twitter

Who is this Rob Williams and how is he on our team?
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#923 » by Bleeding Green » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:11 pm

What kind of minutes restriction? He only plays 14 minutes a game when he's healthy.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,948

Post#924 » by Parliament10 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:17 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Thank God!!!
Take your time, Kid. You got 7 weeks, before the Playoffs.
No Pressure.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Injuries: Kemba (L.Knee); R.W. (L.Hip-Mins Restr.) 

Post#925 » by Parliament10 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:23 pm

Read on Twitter
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: Injuries: Kemba (L.Knee); R.W. (L.Hip-Mins Restr.) 

Post#926 » by K For Three » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:46 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,890

Post#927 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:00 pm

This is Kemba's 9th season. In 6 of his 8 seasons in Charlotte, he missed a combined total of six games. He's now gonna miss more than double that in his first season with Boston. Is this the cost of signing a 29-yo PG or just **** luck as per usual?

All four of our major acquisitions since 2016 have had some sort of injury issue -- Horford (concussions; knee), Hayward (leg; foot), Irving (face; knee; flat-earthedness), Kemba (ran into a brick wall; knee).

Hayward and Kemba in particular have had relatively healthy careers before coming to Boston.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#928 » by K For Three » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:10 pm

Read on Twitter
steefP2
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,679

Post#929 » by steefP2 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:17 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:This is Kemba's 9th season. In 6 of his 8 seasons in Charlotte, he missed a combined total of six games. He's now gonna miss more than double that in his first season with Boston. Is this the cost of signing a 29-yo PG or just **** luck as per usual?

All four of our major acquisitions since 2016 have had some sort of injury issue -- Horford (concussions; knee), Hayward (leg; foot), Irving (face; knee; flat-earthedness), Kemba (ran into a brick wall; knee).

Hayward and Kemba in particular have had relatively healthy careers before coming to Boston.

Tbh I feel like if Kemba was still in Charlotte he'd still play 70+ games. But since he's in Boston and we actually have something to play for, it's different. I recall Kemba saying something like "i don't wanna just be another guy out there". To me, he's just clearly taking all the rest he can get so he actually be KEMBA in the playoffs. Might be the optimistic viewpoint but that's how I see it.

Remember that Horford also had knee issues in the regular season but was totally fine in the playoffs, never even came up iirc.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#930 » by Bleeding Green » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:18 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:This is Kemba's 9th season. In 6 of his 8 seasons in Charlotte, he missed a combined total of six games. He's now gonna miss more than double that in his first season with Boston. Is this the cost of signing a 29-yo PG or just **** luck as per usual?

I think it's just one bit of bad luck with Hayward and then mostly rest management with the rest. Irving has been injured his entire career going back to college so no surprise or unluckiness there, that's just what his body is. Horford missed the majority of two separate seasons with Atlanta to injury, too so any small thing with him in Boston is nothing. Did he ever even miss 5 games in a row? (too lazy to check right now) If you get 70 games out of player with no major injury heading into the playoffs, I'd say you did well.

If this Kemba knee issue is a season-ender at any point, I'll say that was bad luck/the cost of signing small point guards 8 seasons into their career. But everything until this has been rest management stuff.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#931 » by cloverleaf » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:25 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

I wonder if they'll do another scan after a few games. Sounds like he's been going pretty hard in practice anyway. I think those reported high dunks would test his hip as well as anything.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#932 » by K For Three » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:13 am

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2020/02/boston-celtics-injuries-antsy-robert-williams-cleared-to-play-kemba-walker-hopefully-back-tuesday.html

“Rob has been cleared to play, so it’ll be very limited for the first couple games,” Brad Stevens said at the team’s Friday practice. “That’s great news obviously. We’re excited, nobody moreso than Rob.”

“He had a little extra bounce in his step today,” Stevens said. “You can tell, he’s been antsy to go for a while now, so we’re happy that he’s going to be able to be back.”

Kemba Walker could be close behind. He’s not likely to play tomorrow, but he could be back from his sore left knee soon.

“He went through some of the stuff prior to practice today, did not practice,” Stevens said. “I think the plan of attack is for him to go harder in the morning, maybe even ramp it up Sunday and then go from there. So hopefully back by Tuesday, but out for tomorrow is what I’ve heard last.”

The Celtics intended to be very careful with Walker the rest of the way. The Celtics just went 3-1 on their west coast swing without him, and the ascension of Jayson Tatum is helping mitigate the loss of Walker. Tatum has been producing enough for two people recently, which has given Boston the luxury of letting Walker rest and strengthen the knee to carry him through the long-haul of what they hope is a deep playoff run.

“The goal is to have him feeling great. Not just be ready, but feeling great. And so, when he gets back, you’re not doing the back and forth as much of sitting a few,” Stevens said. "Now, if he were to come back next week, I don’t anticipate him playing on the back-to-back. But I do think that once he gets back on the court, it’s because he feels great.”
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#933 » by K For Three » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:35 am

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/celtics-remain-cautious-timetable-kemba-walkers-return

The Celtics have run a battery of tests of the injury to try and make sure that when he does return, this won’t be something that lingers.

Boston has played well without Walker (9-3), but don’t get it twisted.
The Celtics know for them to have the kind of playoff run that they are hoping, Walker has to be at or close to full strength.

For Walker, being part of a team that’s built beyond just his play, to fight for a second or third seed in the East and not just a spot in the playoffs, makes missing games a little easier to handle.

“I still don’t like it; no competitor would like missing games,” Walker told NBC Sports Boston. “I want to be out there with my brothers. But it’s good to know that if I can’t go, they can still play well, they can still win games.”
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,969

Post#934 » by darrendaye » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:13 pm

VERY hyped for Rob's return.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
Parasite
Starter
And1: 2,235

Post#935 » by Parasite » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:03 pm

I think this team has been cursed since KG got hurt. Just wondering how long until the curse has run its course.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#936 » by K For Three » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:10 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Re: Injuries: Kemba (L.Knee); R.W. (L.Hip-Mins Restr.); Mike Gorman (Returns Wed.) 

Post#937 » by Parliament10 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 7:20 pm

Read on Twitter

They've been hush hush, on why Gorman has been absent so long.
Well anyway, he'll reportedly be back on the Broadcast, on Wednesday (03-04-20)
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: Injuries: Kemba (L.Knee); R.W. (L.Hip-Mins Restr.); Mike Gorman (Returns Wed.) 

Post#938 » by K For Three » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:40 pm

Not much new out there, but Kemba was out there for warm ups vs. the Rockets. Only found a video of him doing a little stretch/balance kind of exercise.

I guess 9 seconds is better than nothing.

Read on Twitter
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,690

Post#939 » by GoCeltics123 » Mon Mar 2, 2020 6:39 pm

Kemba practiced today. Tatum and Smart didn’t because they are sick.

Will this team ever be healthy?
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#940 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Mar 2, 2020 6:48 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:Tatum and Smart didn’t because they are sick.

It is Jayson Tatum's birthday tomorrow. If I had to guess - the boys partied it up last night, and JT and Marcus are hungover today. They'll be fine tomorrow.

Return to Boston Celtics