ImageImageImage

OT: Antonio Brown to the Patriots!!!

Moderators: Froob, ParticleMan, sully00, The Comedian, Parliament10, canman1971, djFan71

jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 7,852

Re: OT: Antonio Brown to the Patriots!!! 

Post#61 » by jfs1000d » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:47 pm

BigTrade92 wrote:If the accuser filed a criminal suit I'd say cut bait right now....but a civil suit? Yeah I don't buy any of this for a second.

Brown isn't a choir boy, but this smells like a cut and dry extortion scheme for money and nothing more. Funny timing too when he's the most talked about athlete in the country...

This is basically the same exact crap Derrick Rose had to go through. I hope this woman gets charges thrown her own way if she turns out to be a liar, which with the lack of evidence at hand, seems extremely likely.

That's the only thing keeping him employed. But the Pats are pushing the limits here.

Patrick Chung (cocaine charge)
Josh Gordon, 5-time drug suspension
Antonio Brown, accused Sex Assault and otherwise malcontent
Owner Robert Kraft, soliciting at a rub and tug

And the stink of Aaron Hernandez isn't going to wear off for a generation.

Then you go from Spygate, Deflaegate and more. One isolated incident, you can dismiss, but this is a pattern.

You can be fan of the team, I don't care, but Pats are a problem. They win though, so what ya gonna do?
BigTrade92
Head Coach
And1: 7,306

Post#62 » by BigTrade92 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:23 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:If the accuser filed a criminal suit I'd say cut bait right now....but a civil suit? Yeah I don't buy any of this for a second.

Brown isn't a choir boy, but this smells like a cut and dry extortion scheme for money and nothing more. Funny timing too when he's the most talked about athlete in the country...

This is basically the same exact crap Derrick Rose had to go through. I hope this woman gets charges thrown her own way if she turns out to be a liar, which with the lack of evidence at hand, seems extremely likely.

That's the only thing keeping him employed. But the Pats are pushing the limits here.

Then you go from Spygate, Deflaegate and more. One isolated incident, you can dismiss, but this is a pattern.

You can be fan of the team, I don't care, but Pats are a problem. They win though, so what ya gonna do?

Unprecedented success breeds hate and jealousy.

Sounds like you’re on the opposite end of that spectrum...
GotDaSauce
Analyst
And1: 1,970

Post#63 » by GotDaSauce » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:48 pm

jfs1000d wrote:

That’s the thing! If they keep winning rings and in dramatic fashion all the other stuff is brushed under the rug. I hear nothing about Hernandez anymore from tv or radio.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,268

Post#64 » by GuyClinch » Yesterday 10:39 pm

Its brushed under the rug because its much ado about nothing.

The media and the NFL like to play up scandals for interest and are the NFL is sick of the Pats winning all the time so they play up this stuff. I can't blame then 100%. BB is machine and the Pats are way smarter and better then any of the other NFL teams. So they are always seeking to 'stick' it to the Pats. Licking their lips at any downfall - playing up any problems etc.

Pats are the bad guys and they are embracing that..
OldCeltics
Starter
And1: 2,100

Post#65 » by OldCeltics » Today 3:48 am

Everybody taped signals, but Patriots got caught. Deflate thing wasn't proven scientifically, just the league flexing its power.

Winning trumps all. Brady + Belichick over 20 year stretch will never be replicated.

Return to Boston Celtics