ImageImageImage

5 reasons this team has the potential to surprise many this year!

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,060

Re: 5 reasons this team has the potential to surprise many this year! 

Post#21 » by Dogen » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:37 pm

tfribs45 wrote:Need to trade for Adams or KAT and it will put us over the top in the East. As it stands, we may crack top 4 but without a true BIG to slow down Giannis or Embidd, there's zero chance we battle for the East

Do tell!

Not disagreeing with the conclusion, but wondering if you have a proposal. I don’t see how KAT is available unless things go seriously south for the Wolves. For Adams, yeah he’s good, but has an albatross contract to match and isn’t enough to get the C’s to the promised land if we lose Smart, Brown, etc to get him. I, certainly consider a Brown S&T though, to fill a position of need.
Hey you! Can we come together?
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,731

Post#22 » by OldCeltics » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:59 pm

Dogen wrote:
tfribs45 wrote:Need to trade for Adams or KAT and it will put us over the top in the East. As it stands, we may crack top 4 but without a true BIG to slow down Giannis or Embidd, there's zero chance we battle for the East

Do tell!

Not disagreeing with the conclusion, but wondering if you have a proposal. I don’t see how KAT is available unless things go seriously south for the Wolves. For Adams, yeah he’s good, but has an albatross contract to match and isn’t enough to get the C’s to the promised land if we lose Smart, Brown, etc to get him. I, certainly consider a Brown S&T though, to fill a position of need.

You both are forgetting we have Tacko Fall. He will destroy Embiid. For Giannis we'll throw 5 guys at him.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,735

Post#23 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:06 pm

Wish we could target someone like Favors and his expiring contract. He alone would be a huge upgrade from any big we have. Just don't have enough salary to trade, without losing either Brown or Smart. Where are all those trade ballasts when you need em, right?
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,060

Post#24 » by Dogen » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:54 pm

OldCeltics wrote:
Dogen wrote:

Do tell!

You both are forgetting we have Tacko Fall. He will destroy Embiid. For Giannis we'll throw 5 guys at him.

How can one forget the legend that is Tacko! 8-) Well, let's see if he's on the roster and plays an NBA minute first, but it would be awesome to see him shut Joelle's fool mouth. For Giannis, I agree: throw http://www.fiveguys.com at him. Lots of greasy burgers and fries might slow him down.

Seriously, I hope to see R Williams get a shot at defending Giannis, but other than he and Ojeleye, we really will need to shore up interior defense by mid year or it could get ugly.
Hey you! Can we come together?
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Post#25 » by Darth Celtic » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:44 pm

OldCeltics wrote:
Dogen wrote:

Do tell!

Why 5 guys? just put tacko under the basket. Giannis can't shoot over 7ft away anyway.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
tfribs45
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,005

Post#26 » by tfribs45 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:08 am

Darth Celtic wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:
Dogen wrote:
Do tell!

Why 5 guys? just put tacko under the basket. Giannis can't shoot over 7ft away anyway.

You guys are out of your mind if you think Tacko will be able to slow down Giannis. He’s not even going to sniff the lineup in my opinion. Looks like an offseason pipe dream, hope I’m wrong but let’s be real!
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by Darth Celtic » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:44 am

tfribs45 wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:

You guys are out of your mind if you think Tacko will be able to slow down Giannis. He’s not even going to sniff the lineup in my opinion. Looks like an offseason pipe dream, hope I’m wrong but let’s be real!

Somebody doesn't understand humor. Ok.
bootsythornton
Sixth Man
And1: 1,727

Post#28 » by bootsythornton » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:52 am

ParticleMan wrote:
sportsyard wrote:can't believe the rebuild and "asset" gathering resulted in Kemba Walker and Enes Kanter

um, what? the asset gathering yielded tatum, brown, and to a lesser extent smart and langford. we didn't spend any assets on kemba, we basically just traded him for kyrie via cap space.

please try and understand just a tiny bit about the celtics before coming and posting on this board.

I think the surprise is actually a negative surprise and thats another first round exit. Front court is horrifically thin. Rebounding and rim protection will be shameful. Grant and Robert Williams aren't reasons to be excited about the front court.... "assets" gathered right?
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by Darth Celtic » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:54 am

sportsyard wrote:
ParticleMan wrote:
sportsyard wrote:can't believe the rebuild and "asset" gathering resulted in Kemba Walker and Enes Kanter

um, what? the asset gathering yielded tatum, brown, and to a lesser extent smart and langford. we didn't spend any assets on kemba, we basically just traded him for kyrie via cap space.

please try and understand just a tiny bit about the celtics before coming and posting on this board.

the picks from 2018 (when the AD rumours started) held on to yielded the celtics Carsen Edwards, Grant Williams, Langford, & Robert Williams, which will be lucky to yield 1 starter.

I think the surprise is actually a negative surprise and thats another first round exit. Front court is horrifically thin. Rebounding and rim protection will be shameful.

You watch any of the guys listed play? I don't think you have.

Return to Boston Celtics