ImageImageImage

Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2019-2020

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2019-2020 

Post#41 » by 3D Chess » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:22 pm

Compare LeBron's petulant response to this;

Read on Twitter
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,757

Post#42 » by SuperDeluxe » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:39 pm

So, if I read this correctly, LeBron is fine with advancing the NBA's business in a country whose government can make some foreign athetes' lives a little uncomfortable for a week, but he doesn't mind the Chinese state being totalitarian 100% of the time. Did it never occur to him or the league that by playing ball in that country you are helping legitimize social control and other beauties? Unless, of course, they are 'misinformed.'

It's all about the money. Morey's business acumen was off on this one but his morals were in the right place. I side with the morals, regardless of whoever decided to run a live advertisement for the league in a country where totalitarianism rules.
ConnorHenry
Senior
And1: 194

Post#43 » by ConnorHenry » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:08 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:So, if I read this correctly, LeBron is fine with advancing the NBA's business in a country whose government can make some foreign athetes' lives a little uncomfortable for a week, but he doesn't mind the Chinese state being totalitarian 100% of the time. Did it never occur to him or the league that by playing ball in that country you are helping legitimize social control and other beauties? Unless, of course, they are 'misinformed.'

It's all about the money. Morey's business acumen was off on this one but his morals were in the right place. I side with the morals, regardless of whoever decided to run a live advertisement for the league in a country where totalitarianism rules.

Hear! Hear!
My name's Henry Connor.
Conner Henry was a Celtic.
Hence the pun.
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,990

Post#44 » by Floody100 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:10 am

Looks like Laura Ingraham was right when she told LeBron to ‘shut up & dribble’ lol
Celtics_History_Lesson
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,267

Post#45 » by Celtics_History_Lesson » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:29 am

When the headlines said "Bogdan Bogdan Bogdanovic Offered Max" had trouble staying on the furniture.

The fine print, and some better headlines, pointed out the dollars amount that his "max" at the moment supposedly is.

That would be so Divac. Giving a "max" contract to two shooting guards on his team at the same time.
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#46 » by Taget » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:26 am

Roddy wrote:Please tell me what the Chinese government would have done to two nba teams (so around 80 people with the staff and all ) ??? Put them in jail ???
Lebron is just trying to save his business in China. Its all about money and saying that Morey is misinformed is just giving credit to the Chinese government.

Exactly. This is about Space Jam 2 and whatever other garbage he can sell in China. There is no higher principle on his part involved.
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#47 » by SmartWentCrazy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:15 pm

The Bradley Beal dream is dead.

Spoiler: it was never my dream, his trade value was obscenely high
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 10,926

Post#48 » by exculpatory » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:15 pm

LeBron is a fabulous baller and is worth 1/4 Billion (with a B) dollars.
In other news, he is barely literate, has less intellect than a plant, is a mother **** moron, & is one greedy son of a bitch.
I have no interest in anything he has to say about anything other than hoops.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#49 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:18 pm

Looks like a former Celtic is already brushing off media availability, and we haven't even started the season yet. Lol.

Might actually be good for that idiot. The less he says, the better.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by 3D Chess » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:55 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Looks like a former Celtic is already brushing off media availability, and we haven't even started the season yet. Lol.

“In the NBA you can get swallowed up in this lifestyle in a matter of winning stuff and materialism and you can go way beyond and searching for yourself in a meaningful locker room where you’re around people every single day,” he said. “But the stimulation of knowledge and acquiring knowledge, it doesn’t come as often. I left school eight years ago and I’m still in search of myself. So how the **** do I find myself and be ready to deal with the NBA and what comes with the pressures of that, this whole little hub of it? Then you separate yourself from it and you’re like, OK, why would I respond that way?

“I was so **** young when I was doing that. I was saying certain things. I was so young doing that. Now the reflective point of my life is the most beautiful thing. It’s just like talking with you, I’ll reflect on it later but I won’t overthink it if I said the right things or not. It was just like I met another human being, a soulful human being, that just wants to know about something that excites them, a passion that excites you. I just appreciate that a lot more rather than being this face-up guy, nah I don’t want to talk to anybody. There’s so much love in this world.”

Here's some Kyrie word salad to tide you over.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,788

Post#51 » by 31to6 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:53 pm

3D Chess wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Looks like a former Celtic is already brushing off media availability, and we haven't even started the season yet. Lol.

“In the NBA you can get swallowed up in this lifestyle in a matter of winning stuff and materialism and you can go way beyond and searching for yourself in a meaningful locker room where you’re around people every single day,” he said. “But the stimulation of knowledge and acquiring knowledge, it doesn’t come as often. I left school eight years ago and I’m still in search of myself. So how the **** do I find myself and be ready to deal with the NBA and what comes with the pressures of that, this whole little hub of it? Then you separate yourself from it and you’re like, OK, why would I respond that way?

“I was so **** young when I was doing that. I was saying certain things. I was so young doing that. Now the reflective point of my life is the most beautiful thing. It’s just like talking with you, I’ll reflect on it later but I won’t overthink it if I said the right things or not. It was just like I met another human being, a soulful human being, that just wants to know about something that excites them, a passion that excites you. I just appreciate that a lot more rather than being this face-up guy, nah I don’t want to talk to anybody. There’s so much love in this world.”

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
In the big picture, I actually love what he's trying to talk about.
Also in the big picture I'm glad I don't have to read this **** anymore because my god that doesn't make for a good jock on my favorite sports team and it's going to take him a decade or more to start putting actual sentences together.
Go the Ricky Williams route, Kyrie! Be you!
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by 3D Chess » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:56 pm

31to6 wrote:nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
In the big picture, I actually love what he's trying to talk about.
Also in the big picture I'm glad I don't have to read this **** anymore because my god that doesn't make for a good jock on my favorite sports team and it's going to take him a decade or more to start putting actual sentences together.
Go the Ricky Williams route, Kyrie! Be you!

Kyrie is going to be saying dumb **** and then 6 months later blame it on "being young" until he's 85 years old.
AlCelticFan
General Manager
And1: 6,466

Post#53 » by AlCelticFan » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:49 am

3D Chess wrote:

:wassup:
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,951

Post#54 » by sam_I_am » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:49 am

Coby White looks like he has the best of Carsen Edwards’ and Waters’ games. Great pick by Chicago.
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#55 » by CeltsfaninDC » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:44 pm

So Zion has a knee injury already? Who could’ve possibly predicted this. Oh yeah, I did
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#56 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:51 pm

sam_I_am wrote:Coby White looks like he has the best of Carsen Edwards’ and Waters’ games. Great pick by Chicago.

0 assists in his last game, but speedy with the ball and can score - seems like more of a rich man’s Terry Rozier. Will be interesting to see how he develops, and how he fits with LaVine.
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,131

Post#57 » by druggas » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:56 am

exculpatory wrote:LeBron is a fabulous baller and is worth 1/4 Billion (with a B) dollars.
In other news, he is barely literate, has less intellect than a plant, is a mother **** moron, & is one greedy son of a bitch.
I have no interest in anything he has to say about anything other than hoops.

Good post!
Bar Fight
RealGM
And1: 15,693

Post#58 » by Bar Fight » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:11 am

CeltsfaninDC wrote:So Zion has a knee injury already? Who could’ve possibly predicted this. Oh yeah, I did

Predicting injuries then patting yourself on the back when they happen is kinda a **** thing to do. Plus, it's nothing serious thankfully. Dude's the most exciting player to come into the league in a long time.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,642

Post#59 » by GoCeltics123 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:27 am

Read on Twitter

Kyrie will never change man. Weirdest person ever...
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,788

Post#60 » by 31to6 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:25 am

GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kyrie will never change man. Weirdest person ever...

World B. Free and Metta World Peace beg to differ — and look forward to Kyrie joining their club (maybe “World B. Flat Peace”?)
Paul Pierce appreciation society.

Return to Boston Celtics