ImageImageImage

Preseason #4: Celtics @ Cavaliers – 7:00PM, Tues., Oct. 15, 2019

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Scarletfire81
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,423

Re: Preseason #4: Celtics @ Cavaliers – 7:00PM, Tues., Oct. 15, 2019 

Post#421 » by Scarletfire81 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:24 am

What a pleasant surprise Waters has turned out to be. The Celtics have some tough decisions to make to fill out the roster.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,954

Post#422 » by 31to6 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:25 am

It happened — our summer league team has taken over. Bring on the regular season!

(It’s going to be a **** SHOCK to play a real NBA team after this lol preseason schedule...)

Edwards and Waters HOF lockssssss
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#423 » by Darth Celtic » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:26 am

Homerclease wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Celtics 2 2nd round picks are both better than every guard on the Cavs roster. Convince me otherwise.

Hot take. Edwards is better than every player on the Cavs. Prove me wrong.

It must be really bad to be a Cavs fan. I mean, we played our 2rd to 5th string and the Cavs played starters and top rookies all game. Starting PG was in with 5 mins left. And we crushed them the entire game.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,975

Post#424 » by GregB » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:31 am

Darth Celtic wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Celtics 2 2nd round picks are both better than every guard on the Cavs roster. Convince me otherwise.

It must be really bad to be a Cavs fan. I mean, we played our 2rd to 5th string and the Cavs played starters and top rookies all game. Starting PG was in with 5 mins left. And we crushed them the entire game.

Darius Garland could be great.
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#425 » by captain green » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:32 am

jmr07019 wrote:
captain green wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:and Wanamaker is on the team because why again?

Because only 7 assists between them and only waters is a True pg.
Walker, smart,Brad Wanamaker (no turnovers tonight ) sorry Edwarfs will only be on the floor as a sg with 1 of the 3 mentioned playing point.
Waters will only get break in case injury burn also only max 45 games.

Waters is ready to be third string pg he’s better than Wanamaker already

Maybe next year. Not this year. I'm not convinced he is consistent enough yet. Waters and tacko are perfect 2 way players to mold into solid 3rd stringers. Wanamaker brings calm and collected mentality and solid play. Waters seems like the flashy new car but needs development.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
Joshyjess
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,927

Post#426 » by Joshyjess » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:34 am

Some more pre-season ramblings:
Green better get that last spot. There is ZERO comparison between him and Strues. Green played great in all 4 pre-season games. Strues played good in 1 (and really, really bad in the others).
Waters over Wannamaker - every day, 7 days a week. I'm watching Waters, and thinking to myself, this guy is no rookie! He looks like a 6 year veteran out there. He can do so many different things well. Guy is awesome!!!!
Carson Edwards - what really needs to be said????
Porier - I liked what I saw today. He has a really good, well-rounded game. Once he finally catches on to Boston's system (language def. doesn't help), he might just be the most well-rounded big guy we've got. As of now I would rate our big guys - 1 - Theis, 2 - Williams / Poirier, 4 - Kanter , 5 - Tacko
Speaking of Tacko, he's a lot of fun to watch, but man does he have a long way to go before he's NBA ready. He needs to play a lot of ball in Maine!
Ojeyele - tonight was his best chance to impress, and again he fell short (looked a little better than the last 3 games, but still just doesn't look good).
Williams - He has a lot of great skills that should hopefully get better as the year goes on. Looks good, but not great yet.
Even our back-ups / end of the bench players are more fun to watch then was last year's team.
It's going to be a long wait until the first game of the season.
claycarver
Sixth Man
And1: 2,099

Post#427 » by claycarver » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:36 am

captain green wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:
captain green wrote:Because only 7 assists between them and only waters is a True pg.
Walker, smart,Brad Wanamaker (no turnovers tonight ) sorry Edwarfs will only be on the floor as a sg with 1 of the 3 mentioned playing point.

Maybe next year. Not this year. I'm not convinced he is consistent enough yet. Waters and tacko are perfect 2 way players to mold into solid 3rd stringers. Wanamaker brings calm and collected mentality and solid play. Waters seems like the flashy new car but needs development.

It makes sense, but I just haven't seen any inconsistency from him. I EXPECT a rookie that plays as quick and opportunistic as he does to be inconsistent, I'm just not seeing it.
Joshyjess
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,927

Post#428 » by Joshyjess » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:37 am

Darth Celtic wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Does Cleveland even have a single offensive play they run? All I saw all game was one guy after another trying to do everything himself. I think they might have run some kind of play to start the second half (they actually passed the ball around a couple of times), but I"m not sure?
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,313

Post#429 » by Homerclease » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:39 am

captain green wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:
captain green wrote:Because only 7 assists between them and only waters is a True pg.

Waters is better than Wanamaker at every aspect of basketball
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,267

Post#430 » by Gant » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:40 am

A few thoughts on the game...

It was more fun than it should have been.

Javonte Green over Strus is not a brainer. 16 for 20 over the preseason for Green. He led the game with 9 rebounds tonight too.

Whoa, Waters. That little dude is so good and so calm. They won't be able to keep him in Maine for long.

Speaking of the Red Claws, did Abby say 24 Claws game were going to be broadcast the Celtics channel whatever it's called now? I thought I heard that.

If Waters wasn't good enough. Carsen Edwards. Oh man. The only way they could slow him down was by whacking him in the face. What a pair of fantastically poised and talented 2nd round guards. They widely outplayed Cleveland's lottery backcourt duo tonight.

Good for Poirier. He showed he's capable and might be useful after some development. He moved well, didn't miss. Had a couple of steals, a couple of blocks, 3 assists, and played defense.

Too bad Langford was out. This would have been the last chance to see him play extended minutes in green for a while. I imagine we'll see him in red though, as he'll likely be sent to Portland to get some experience.

The Red Claws will be worth watching this season between, Tacko, Waters, and Langford too, if he does end up playing there.

Tough games coming up to start the season, but this team is already way better to watch than last year's.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#431 » by Feed Your Head » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:42 am

Homerclease wrote:
captain green wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:

I really don't think it's even close. Wanamaker is steady sure, hard to not be steady when you stand behind the three point line and dribble the air out of the ball every possession.

Waters can actually get to the rim, and make plays for people.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,214

Post#432 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:43 am

Read on Twitter

CHURCH!
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#433 » by captain green » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:43 am

claycarver wrote:
captain green wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:

It makes sense, but I just haven't seen any inconsistency from him. I EXPECT a rookie that plays as quick and opportunistic as he does to be inconsistent, I'm just not seeing it.

Count me in with the I'm impressed by waters crew. But if he keeps it up its his spot next year for sure. But I love the pick didn't think we needed another pg at the time but we scored on all our rookies this year.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,134

Post#434 » by Froob » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:45 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

CHURCH!

Wonder if the starters will play in Philly or rest up for the home opener.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 10,894

Post#436 » by CelticsPride18 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:50 am

The Comedian wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
captain green wrote:Maybe next year. Not this year. I'm not convinced he is consistent enough yet. Waters and tacko are perfect 2 way players to mold into solid 3rd stringers. Wanamaker brings calm and collected mentality and solid play. Waters seems like the flashy new car but needs development.

I really don't think it's even close. Wanamaker is steady sure, hard to not be steady when you stand behind the three point line and dribble the air out of the ball every possession.

Waters can actually get to the rim, and make plays for people.

Waters looks good but if we convert his contract right we can only sign him on a 2 year deal.We should wait for the offseason and sign him to a 4 year deal.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,134

Post#437 » by Froob » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:58 am

Waters is going to tear up the G league. Tacko will be a major force as well.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,676

Post#438 » by GoCeltics123 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:59 am

Froob wrote:Waters is going to tear up the G league. Tacko will be a major force as well.

They're going to average around 60 PPG combined there :lol:
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,779

Post#439 » by Curmudgeon » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:59 am

Yes, Waters is better than Wanamaker but Wanamaker also played well tonight. Tough decision on that last roster spot.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,676

Post#440 » by GoCeltics123 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:05 am

Read on Twitter

Return to Boston Celtics